Author Topic: Trump calls for nationwide 'stop-and-frisk' policy  (Read 560 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Trump calls for nationwide 'stop-and-frisk' policy
« on: September 21, 2016, 04:23:33 PM »
So much for civil rights.  So much for states right.  This is the liberal we all expected him to be.

Donald Trump on Wednesday called for the controversial “stop-and-frisk” policing practice to be instituted nationwide as a means of combating violent crime in America’s inner cities.

In a pre-taped interview on Fox News scheduled to air Wednesday night, Trump was asked by an audience member what he would do to address “violence in the black community” and “black-on-black crime.” Trump responded by proposing that “stop-and-frisk” policing, in which an officer is empowered to stop an individual and frisk them for weapons or any other illegal contraband, be adopted nationwide.
Story Continued Below

“I would do stop-and-frisk. I think you have to. We did it in New York, it worked incredibly well and you have to be proactive and, you know, you really help people sort of change their mind automatically,” Trump told the questioner. “You understand, you have to have, in my opinion, I see what’s going on here, I see what’s going on in Chicago, I think stop-and-frisk. In New York City it was so incredible, the way it worked. Now, we had a very good mayor, but New York City was incredible, the way that worked, so I think that could be one step you could do.”

The practice, carried out most famously in New York but also by other police departments, is frequently criticized as an avenue for officers commit acts of racial profiling. Others tout it as responsible for a dramatic drop in New York City’s crime rate, although former NYPD Commissioner Bill Bratton said in 2015 that the practice is “not a significant factor in the crime rate of this city.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/09/donald-trump-stop-and-frisk-228486#ixzz4Kw4o1O9l
Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
Re: Trump calls for nationwide 'stop-and-frisk' policy
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2016, 05:33:10 AM »
He suggested "stop and frisk" for Chicago, not nationwide. Or so he said this morning. We will see once it airs.
a

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2016, 05:33:50 AM »
How about we call for the community to straighten up and stop acting like out of control idiots? 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2016, 06:54:09 PM »
Trump has narrowed it down to Chicago today.   massive backlash.

Imagine a president trump fighting the NRA on this.   LOL!

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/aug/26/miller-bloomberg-loses-stop-and-frisk-and-nra-gets/

Super Natural

• Getbig IV
  • Repent of Soy liberalism.
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2016, 03:52:13 AM »
This isn't RACIAL profiling like the race baiting media has spun it..

Trump's talked about Smart or Behavioural profiling - Desperate times call for desperate measures...  They use it successfully in Israel.

...or when you come off a flight from Columbia  :D

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2016, 04:02:17 AM »
Yeah, let's keep doing what we are currently doing in Chicago...
a

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2016, 07:31:47 AM »
Yeah, let's keep doing what we are currently doing in Chicago...

you can try new police policy that doesn't involve fcking with people's rights. 
NRA, republicans, and constitutional conservaitves hate stop and frisk.  Big city liberals like trump and Rudy like it.

"The police know which ones have guns"... is he freaking kidding?  This isn't 1950s Dukes of Hazzard.  Give police power over a very small group of black people, that is what this is.  And I don't think trump is a racist... I think he appeals to his base, and they love stop and frisk on small groups that don't look like that.   Try that stop and frisk in georgia lol.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2016, 07:36:21 AM »
you can try new police policy that doesn't involve fcking with people's rights.  
NRA, republicans, and constitutional conservaitves hate stop and frisk.  Big city liberals like trump and Rudy like it.

"The police know which ones have guns"... is he freaking kidding?  This isn't 1950s Dukes of Hazzard.  Give police power over a very small group of black people, that is what this is.  And I don't think trump is a racist... I think he appeals to his base, and they love stop and frisk on small groups that don't look like that.   Try that stop and frisk in georgia lol.

But he said Chicago... we aren't talking about Georgia.
Chicago needs intervention, yes?

EDIT: at least he is talking about the problem of black on black violence in Chicago. the other candidate won't even mention it, but will just take away our guns. I'd rather have stop and frisk in Chicago than limit the types of guns ALL americans can buy. Don't give me the NRA shit.
a

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2016, 07:51:57 AM »
But he said Chicago... we aren't talking about Georgia.
Chicago needs intervention, yes?

EDIT: at least he is talking about the problem of black on black violence in Chicago. the other candidate won't even mention it, but will just take away our guns. I'd rather have stop and frisk in Chicago than limit the types of guns ALL americans can buy. Don't give me the NRA shit.

oh no - we cannot just revoke rights in CERTAIN cities or areas.  those people don't matter because they live in the wrong zip code?  Ztop and frisk is a huge violation of rights... can't just search people because you're the wrong color on the wrong corner. 

and do you really believe hillary will take away guns?  Obama had both houses of congress and didn't touch them.  You think hilary, with repub controlled house and senate, will try?  no chance. 

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2016, 07:58:26 AM »
oh no - we cannot just revoke rights in CERTAIN cities or areas.  those people don't matter because they live in the wrong zip code?  Ztop and frisk is a huge violation of rights... can't just search people because you're the wrong color on the wrong corner. 

and do you really believe hillary will take away guns?  Obama had both houses of congress and didn't touch them.  You think hilary, with repub controlled house and senate, will try?  no chance. 

At least he is addressing the issue about Chicago, when no one in politics seems to care.
Increase the mandatory minimum sentences if you don't want to stop and frisk. You get found with a gun (illegally owned), you get put away for 10 years.
a

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2016, 08:01:18 AM »
At least he is addressing the issue about Chicago

Nope - this doesn't work.  When everyone said "At least obama is doing SOMETHING about healthcare", I think getbig agreed it was sometimes better to do NOTHING, than to do the wrong thing. 

I mean, Trump could order police to publicly execute every 10th bad guy they see on the streets... it'd be SOMETHING, right?

Trump's solution is very anti-conservative, and selective use is total bullshit.  I know parts of SW Fl where the streets are packed with shit drug dealers and people are shot every week- will trump send them in?  Or he doesn't want to piss off a swing state?

This is an immature knee-jerk liberal reaction by turmp, plain and simple.  I feel bad for conservatives who have to find ways to defend it.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2016, 08:21:30 AM »
Nope - this doesn't work.  When everyone said "At least obama is doing SOMETHING about healthcare", I think getbig agreed it was sometimes better to do NOTHING, than to do the wrong thing. 

I mean, Trump could order police to publicly execute every 10th bad guy they see on the streets... it'd be SOMETHING, right?

Trump's solution is very anti-conservative, and selective use is total bullshit.  I know parts of SW Fl where the streets are packed with shit drug dealers and people are shot every week- will trump send them in?  Or he doesn't want to piss off a swing state?

This is an immature knee-jerk liberal reaction by turmp, plain and simple.  I feel bad for conservatives who have to find ways to defend it.

okay. we will keep ignoring the issue
a

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2016, 08:23:10 AM »
okay. we will keep ignoring the issue

sheeit, there are many solutions.

Offer a $10k reward for anyone that snitches out dealers and gang members.   Watch how fast that shit dries up.  That 'no snitching' policy goes right out the window with big $ on the line. 

And use the property of the busted people to pay for it.  seizures, and not the hilary kind!