Author Topic: Ted Cruz introduces term limits amendment  (Read 1789 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Ted Cruz introduces term limits amendment
« on: January 04, 2017, 12:43:36 PM »
Thank you.
By Anna Giaritelli (@anna_giaritelli) • 1/3/17

Texas Sen. Ted Cruz and Florida Rep. Ron DeSantis introduced a constitutional amendment on Tuesday that would impose term limits on members of Congress, following through on their December announcement about the proposal.

"D.C. is broken," Cruz said in a statement Tuesday evening. "The American people resoundingly agreed on Election Day, and President-elect Donald Trump has committed to putting government back to work for the American people. It is well past time to put an end to the cronyism and deceit that has transformed Washington into a graveyard of good intentions."

The proposal would limit senators to two terms (12 years total) and representatives to three terms (six years total). President-elect Trump campaigned on reining in Congress by implementing term limits, though it is unclear if the incoming administration has been involved in the proposal, which comes during Congress' first week in session this year.

Both Cruz and DeSantis are Republicans.

"President Trump, Speaker Ryan and huge majorities of the American people are demanding term limits," said U.S. Term Limits President Philip Blumel. "Congress must listen and pass the Cruz-DeSantis amendment immediately."

A Rasmussen Reports survey from October found three-quarters of Americans supported implementing term limits, while 13 percent did not.

The amendment was co-sponsored by Republican Sens. Deb Fischer of Nebraska, Ron Johnson of Wisconsin, Thom Tillis of North Carolina, Marco Rubio of Florida, Mike Lee of Utah and David Perdue of Georgia.

Cruz has supported other bills to reform the political process, including ending super PACs, lifting caps on individual contributions and centralizing the campaign finance system. Cruz and Rep. Mark Meadows, R-N.C., introduced the SuperPAC Elimination Act of 2017 last year to remove caps on individual contributions.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/ted-cruz-introduces-term-limits-amendment/article/2610799#!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Ted Cruz introduces term limits amendment
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2018, 04:53:28 AM »

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2018, 05:02:09 AM »
Thank you.
By Anna Giaritelli (@anna_giaritelli) • 1/3/17

Texas Sen. Ted Cruz and Florida Rep. Ron DeSantis introduced a constitutional amendment on Tuesday that would impose term limits on members of Congress, following through on their December announcement about the proposal.

"D.C. is broken," Cruz said in a statement Tuesday evening. "The American people resoundingly agreed on Election Day, and President-elect Donald Trump has committed to putting government back to work for the American people. It is well past time to put an end to the cronyism and deceit that has transformed Washington into a graveyard of good intentions."

The proposal would limit senators to two terms (12 years total) and representatives to three terms (six years total). President-elect Trump campaigned on reining in Congress by implementing term limits, though it is unclear if the incoming administration has been involved in the proposal, which comes during Congress' first week in session this year.

Both Cruz and DeSantis are Republicans.

"President Trump, Speaker Ryan and huge majorities of the American people are demanding term limits," said U.S. Term Limits President Philip Blumel. "Congress must listen and pass the Cruz-DeSantis amendment immediately."

A Rasmussen Reports survey from October found three-quarters of Americans supported implementing term limits, while 13 percent did not.

The amendment was co-sponsored by Republican Sens. Deb Fischer of Nebraska, Ron Johnson of Wisconsin, Thom Tillis of North Carolina, Marco Rubio of Florida, Mike Lee of Utah and David Perdue of Georgia.

Cruz has supported other bills to reform the political process, including ending super PACs, lifting caps on individual contributions and centralizing the campaign finance system. Cruz and Rep. Mark Meadows, R-N.C., introduced the SuperPAC Elimination Act of 2017 last year to remove caps on individual contributions.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/ted-cruz-introduces-term-limits-amendment/article/2610799#!

I love Lion Ted.
a

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • “Always do what you are afraid to do.” - Emerson
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2018, 07:49:01 AM »
Would love to see this passed but not gonna happen.

Nobody willingly cuts their own throat (usually).

This is why they all hate Ted Cruz.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2018, 09:23:01 AM »
This needs to pass.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2018, 11:58:18 AM »
About time. However, I doubt these vultures will choose to limit themselves. Congress usually wants more power for itself, not less.

Disgracefully retired but still a dinosaur:

Let's not forget:

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2018, 12:00:06 PM »
Hope this passes.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2023, 03:16:57 PM »
If at first you don't succeed.

Ted Cruz Introduces Constitutional Amendment to Impose Term Limits on Congress
David Hawkins
February 3, 2023
https://slaynews.com/news/ted-cruz-puts-dc-on-notice-introduces-constitutional-amendment-to-impose-term-limits-on-congress/

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2023, 03:51:29 PM »

David Hawkins
February 3, 2023
https://slaynews.com/news/ted-cruz-puts-dc-on-notice-introduces-constitutional-amendment-to-impose-term-limits-on-congress/

It's a long shot but long overdue.  I think 4 terms for the House makes more sense than just 3, since senators would get 2 terms under this amendment.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • “Always do what you are afraid to do.” - Emerson
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2023, 04:03:17 AM »
2-year terms for Congress are too short.

They spend all their time trying to get re-elected.

Limit to two 4-year terms.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2023, 09:07:37 PM »

David Hawkins
February 3, 2023

Term limits AND age limits.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2023, 07:40:16 AM »
Cruz then immediately runs for reelection.   ::)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2023, 07:49:58 AM »
Cruz then immediately runs for reelection.   ::)

Hi Straw Man!

You are an intolerant, racist, pervert, a liar and a coward, hiding behind multiple gimmick accounts.

Besides, my personal belief is anyone who holds a fundamentalist belief in any religion is mentally ill (for real) which again makes for a pointless discussion

LOL

Settle down Aunt Jemima

Pretty racist comment from a supposed non-racist liberal.

FYI - I don't discuss religion with my clients, just like I do discuss how often they bone their wives (or husbands).

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2023, 08:10:16 AM »
Awww I must have triggered someone’s insecurities here.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2023, 01:15:40 PM »
Term limits AND age limits now. This is getting ridiculous.

Shades of Strom Thurmond..

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2023, 04:51:07 PM »

Michael Jackson looking haggard in this thread.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2023, 06:50:40 PM »

She didn't even wear sunglasses to conceal that spastic face?  She needs new handlers.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2023, 11:36:36 PM »
 ;D

Feinstein Says A Recent Jedi Attempt On Her Life Has Left Her Scarred And Deformed

WASHINGTON, D.C. — Appearing before the Senate beneath a mysterious, hooded robe, California Senator Diane Feinstein addressed the hushed audience, speaking in a gravelly, Sidious-like voice.

"An attempt on my life by the Jedi has left me scarred and deformed, but I assure you my resolve has never been stronger," said Feinstein to roaring applause. "I feel great now! The Democrat Party is a pathway to many abilities some would consider to be... unnatural."

Feinstein then proclaimed that she hopes to serve in Congress for another 100 years.

"Power! Unlimited power!" shouted the scarred senator over the applause while whirling her electric wheelchair in circles until it ran over the foot of Senator Bernie Sanders.

https://babylonbee.com/news/feinstein-says-a-recent-jedi-attempt-on-her-life-has-left-her-scarred-and-deformed

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2023, 10:58:24 AM »
They had to wheel her in fast to keep the vultures from landing.

As for this amendment, no chance in hell it passes unless they all know a reset is coming and there's no more $$ to be made.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2023, 12:12:42 PM »
It's a long shot but long overdue.  I think 4 terms for the House makes more sense than just 3, since senators would get 2 terms under this amendment.

I agree with term limits. One issue I see is that folks aren’t breaking their necks to become politicians. Who in their right mind wants to have their and their family’s entire life put under scrutiny?

Having both the house and the senate with equal total number of years allowed to serve might be problematic. Ideally, the turnover would be staggered, which would allow for more continuity.

The board I chair and other boards I have served on have the Chair and the co-Chair terms set up so both positions are not filled or changed simultaneously. Of course, there are certain circumstances which arise that interfere with this, such as when someone resigns. However, their replacement can be either elected or appointed to finish out the original term. 

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2023, 02:40:13 PM »
I agree with term limits. One issue I see is that folks aren’t breaking their necks to become politicians. Who in their right mind wants to have their and their family’s entire life put under scrutiny?

Having both the house and the senate with equal total number of years allowed to serve might be problematic. Ideally, the turnover would be staggered, which would allow for more continuity.

Good. Less politicians = less intrusive government.
I agree with staggering house and senate, along with term limits. Nobody should spend 50 years in politics.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!