Author Topic: Tom Platz Seminar  (Read 13267 times)

judochoke

• Getbig III
Re: Tom Platz Seminar
« Reply #50 on: July 13, 2017, 04:20:46 PM »
listen to me because I'm freaking 60 years old, still training 5 days a week, balls to the wall. I'm 270, maybe a little fat in the gut, but people watch me train in the gym!!! who watches you train? your mom???? all my shit is on you tube.
no lies, no tricks, just hard work, good food, clean life. platz does look like a old ball sack.

Eric2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #51 on: July 13, 2017, 06:09:53 PM »
listen to me because I'm freaking 60 years old, still training 5 days a week, balls to the wall. I'm 270, maybe a little fat in the gut, but people watch me train in the gym!!! who watches you train? your mom???? all my shit is on you tube.
no lies, no tricks, just hard work, good food, clean life. platz does look like a old ball sack.

Gave you shit before. Gotta hand it to you, you are legit at your age pushing the iron living life your way. Good job, most people give up.
h

Ropo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #52 on: July 13, 2017, 11:20:12 PM »
He actually needs heels to squat properly. People made to squat can squat ass to grass barefoot, without heels or steps.
If one has a smaller femur than the tibia (lenght), squat become easy. Longer femur and you squat like Mike O hearn

So do you, but he has brains to understand it. This is the reason for the seminars. You blockhead morons think you know it all, while it is just an illusion in your empty heads. When seasoned pro come and tells how to do it right, you argue with him and his methods completely forgetting that he has won a truckload of trophy's, and you have none. He hasn't won those bodybuilding contest by the accident, while it would be your only mean to win even one contest  ;D

Ropo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #53 on: July 13, 2017, 11:28:58 PM »

So you say in the internet, yes, and all what is in the internet has to be true. Let's play it is true? You are 60 year old, and you still write like 14 years old, and want some credit because you are dumb old fuck who has been training all his life only to get fat? I am sorry for your handicap, but you are just about as good to give advices as big Lenny or that other handicapped moron whose name I don't even remember. Exactly how we could know that the fat slob in your videos isn't you fat ass dad, but you yourself?  ;D

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: July 14, 2017, 12:25:58 AM »

So do you, but he has brains to understand it. This is the reason for the seminars. You blockhead morons think you know it all, while it is just an illusion in your empty heads. When seasoned pro come and tells how to do it right, you argue with him and his methods completely forgetting that he has won a truckload of trophy's, and you have none. He hasn't won those bodybuilding contest by the accident, while it would be your only mean to win even one contest  ;D
I was only adressing the mechanics of the movement. Winning trophies is not my objective. Props to Tom.

Ropo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: July 14, 2017, 11:25:31 PM »
I was only adressing the mechanics of the movement. Winning trophies is not my objective. Props to Tom.

And I was addressing your lack of real knowledge to argue this thing. Of course you can squat barefoot or without the loft under your heel. What Platz is telling to you is the fact it will change your posture, so if you use lofts, you will use more of your quadriceps femoris and less your gluteus maximus. And this is a fact, and only reason why you don't know it is the stupidity which told you not to try it. Why it is so obvious you haven't try it? Well, if you would have try it, you wouldn't have any arguments against Platz knowledge.  ;D

judochoke

• Getbig III
« Reply #56 on: July 15, 2017, 08:50:47 AM »
 Legend ?? Tom platz is a legend? Let me tell you about legends. How about at the mr Olympia expo,
When frank zane, Sergio Olivia, and ed cortney are sitting together, each in there own area, ,selling pictures
And autographs, and nobody comes up to them!!!! I mean they are just sitting there all alone!!!! It's freaking sad. I can see the young kids maybe not knowing who these greats are, but even the older guys don't stop and buy a picture.

You wanna learn how to squat???? Get in the squat rack and get to it. It ain't that hard.

bigbychoices

• Getbig III
« Reply #57 on: July 15, 2017, 01:30:10 PM »
tom is not a legend in the way arnold. lou ed corney frank zane sergio etc are. BUT he is in his own way. tom brought leg development to a whole new level. his intensity was second to none. borderline crazy. and to anyone who thinks "get in a squat rack and squat " is all you have to do. i laugh at that. a real squat is very hard to do properly. sure anyone can get in a squat rack and squat but most do half squats at best. most do quarter or less. everything he has said is true. try it with heel lifts. standing on a board( heels only) or buy those "squat shoes" which already had the lift in the heel for you. it does make it more easy and correct and any time you push on your heels more you activate more hams and glutes. when you push with toes its mostly quads.  toms upper body was huge but his legs dwarfed him. there was no way at his height could he bring his upper body up enough to catch his legs. he tried. he needed to stop training legs and focus on upper body. BUT his legs is how he made his money.

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #58 on: July 15, 2017, 09:41:10 PM »
Tom is every bit a legend and more so than Ed Corney. Ed was a great poser but mostly known for his role in pumping iron. If u r going to throw Ed Corney in with the other legends Tom more than qualifies for legend status.

bigbychoices

• Getbig III
« Reply #59 on: July 16, 2017, 06:18:14 AM »
ed is a legend due to his posing and the time he came along. he didnt do anything that really stood out except his posing. he just happened to be in during the golden years and won a few main titles. tom wasnt really in during the golden years he came along after really (  or just as it was ending and bodybuilding was taking off)  but he never got good recognition until the 80s ( other than his legs) so thats why in my opinion he isnt a legend like the others but he is a legend. i met tom several times and was always a great guy. he ate slept and lived for bodybuilding. he didnt have great genetics but he worked harder than anyone i ever seen.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #60 on: July 16, 2017, 10:48:32 AM »
From Golden Eagle to Gray Beagle, time waits for no  manlet.

bigbychoices

• Getbig III
« Reply #61 on: July 17, 2017, 06:06:12 AM »
funny true story ( i heard directly from tom himself) he was in toledo ohio giving a seminar of sorts at a mall there called north town mall i think for a gnc store. anyways he was late getting there rushed rushed a bit was doing his thing and of course someone said show the legs.  he had a t shirt and sweat pants on i beleieve he said. so he drops the pants then remembered he didnt have trunks on or underwear either!! lol pulled them up super fast. lol  this is what he told me didnt ask how much was seen and didnt care.