Author Topic: Mental Heath Question for experienced getbiggerz  (Read 8158 times)

Simple Simon

Re: Mental Heath Question for experienced getbiggerz
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2017, 04:37:01 AM »
If your anxiety/semi depression/overall crankiness and unhappiness, even when things are going well is becoming an issue for loved ones, and just day to day life...

Do you

1. Seek pharma help with a specific mood enhancer/happy pill? If so, what do you recommend. I've never wanted to be another dude who goes on Prozac or something, but man I'm becoming pretty hard to deal with. If it helps, I think I would go for it at this point

Or

2. See a shrink?

Thanks

or alternatively people could just man the fuck up....

io

• Getbig II
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2017, 05:32:51 AM »
or alternatively people could just man the fuck up....

This is undoubtedly the worst possible advice to give someone suffering from a mental illness. If you’re dealing with something that goes beyond “situational” emotion (what Be There is talking about), you might have something physically wrong with your brain chemistry, and should seek support from others, and possibly professional help.

History is littered with the strongest, most courageous men who ever lived blowing their brains out because they didn’t realize there was something wrong with the organ in their skull. That’s what happens when an organ malfunctions. You can’t just man up out of kidney failure.

Simple Simon

« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2017, 05:37:12 AM »
This is undoubtedly the worst possible advice to give someone suffering from a mental illness. If you’re dealing with something that goes beyond “situational” emotion (what Be There is talking about), you might have something physically wrong with your brain chemistry, and should seek support from others, and possibly professional help.

History is littered with the strongest, most courageous men who ever lived blowing their brains out because they didn’t realize there was something wrong with the organ in their skull. That’s what happens when an organ malfunctions. You can’t just man up out of kidney failure.

I wasn't aware kidney failure was a state of mind?

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2017, 05:37:28 AM »
Hey Marlo,

I've always been a skeptical guy and had anxiety, but it's gotten worse as I've aged, I have trouble letting loose and having a clear mind and enjoying things. Where it really became debilitating...

I have a really bad neighbor situation that really put me over the edge and put this anxiety/unhappiness into over drive. Why I need to do something is that I feel bad for my wife that she has to deal with my fear, anxiety, unhappiness over a bad neighbor. Most normal people would just let it go and live their lives and be like " yeah I got this crazy asshole living next door, it's funny"...but for me, it's all I think about. So, it's my personality combined with irrational anxiety/irrationalfear/uncomfortableness related to this neighbor thing.

I kid, I kid.

1. Move.

2. Seek a Christian counselor.  Even if you're not religious, a Christian counselor will be less likely to see drugs as a first resort.  
 A Christian counselor will likely have a more positive world view than a secular counselor or psychiatrist.  Eventually, the Christian counselor may refer you to a psychiatrist if absolutely necessary.

3. Attend a Christian church and get involved.  Even if you are not religious, these people do things that help with stress, anxiety and depression: Prayer, meditation, singing, Bible reading, volunteering, fellowship with others.  You're likely to find others there who have gone through the same thing you are going through right now, and they will help you.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2017, 06:12:45 AM »
I go fourwheelling for anxiety/stress relief. Find something that you really really enjoy doing, and do it often. Specially if you don't have to depend on others to do it. In my case is to climb nasty trails with my landcruiser.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2017, 07:00:04 AM »

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2017, 07:00:38 AM »

spiro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2017, 08:05:57 AM »
Find a hobby a bury yourself into it. I've always had anxiety depression. Right now my thing is my car. All my spare time I read about different mods I want to do. I read and day dream all day how I can make it faster, what rims I want. It keeps my mind so busy no time for negative thoughts.

Bulgarian_enforcer

• Getbig III
  • Kill em all...
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2017, 03:36:03 AM »
smoke weed and hope not to get skitzo.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
X

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2017, 07:09:19 AM »
For me, the whole talk thing was bullshit. Medication was my salvation. I've been on Zoloft, Paxil, lexapro, some, some other stuff that gave me wicked shits. You need to find the best one for you.

I'll say that anti depressants improved my life 10 fold. Not proud of that but not ashamed either.

If u do choose to talk to a therapist - go to a phd, not a mft, or lcsw those people suck

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2017, 07:12:21 AM »
For me, the whole talk thing was bullshit. Medication was my salvation. I've been on Zoloft, Paxil, lexapro, some, some other stuff that gave me wicked shits. You need to find the best one for you.

I'll say that anti depressants improved my life 10 fold. Not proud of that but not ashamed either.

If u do choose to talk to a therapist - go to a phd, not a mft, or lcsw those people suck

Explorerspl

• Getbig III
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2017, 07:15:21 AM »
If you are the poster I think, it's because of your wife.

She's the one that wants kids and you don't right? The one that refuses to downsize instead of keep up with the jones?

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it

lilhawk1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2017, 07:39:50 AM »
Meditation.  Give it a fair shot, it works.

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2017, 07:51:06 AM »
I find help in the Holy Koran.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2017, 02:56:12 PM »
I find help in the Holy Koran.

Yes me also
By Burning it.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2017, 03:00:18 PM »
I take 5 psychotropic drugs............I`1d be a basket case without them.

Shizzo

• Getbig IV
  • 2014 Getbig Hall of Fame Inductee
« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2017, 03:05:50 PM »
Has this place turned into an insane asylum? I came here just to kill time and have a little fun..... :-\

Getbig is definitely serious business.

Marlo Stanfield

• Getbig IV
  • You want it to be one way,but it's the other way.
« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2017, 03:18:18 AM »
Hey Marlo,

I've always been a skeptical guy and had anxiety, but it's gotten worse as I've aged, I have trouble letting loose and having a clear mind and enjoying things. Where it really became debilitating...

I have a really bad neighbor situation that really put me over the edge and put this anxiety/unhappiness into over drive. Why I need to do something is that I feel bad for my wife that she has to deal with my fear, anxiety, unhappiness over a bad neighbor. Most normal people would just let it go and live their lives and be like " yeah I got this crazy asshole living next door, it's funny"...but for me, it's all I think about. So, it's my personality combined with irrational anxiety/irrationalfear/uncomfortableness related to this neighbor thing.

If you dont want to give too much details i understand, but what about your next door neighbor is causing you all this anxiety?

The worst thing you can do is go down the rabbit hole of negative thoughts, have you discussed the neighbor issue with your wife?

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2017, 03:26:33 AM »

Gotta client on 5 as we... Made him fat as fuck. Seroquel, klonopin, paxil, effexor, abilify, &.lithium

TheAnimal

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2017, 03:36:23 AM »
Gotta client on 5 as we... Made him fat as fuck. Seroquel, klonopin, paxil, effexor, abilify, &.lithium
thats a lot of meds

poor guy

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2017, 03:57:01 AM »
If your anxiety/semi depression/overall crankiness and unhappiness, even when things are going well is becoming an issue for loved ones, and just day to day life...

Do you

1. Seek pharma help with a specific mood enhancer/happy pill? If so, what do you recommend. I've never wanted to be another dude who goes on Prozac or something, but man I'm becoming pretty hard to deal with. If it helps, I think I would go for it at this point

Or

2. See a shrink?

Thanks

If everything is going well and you are unhappy, everything is clearly not going well. You are probably lying to yourself, so see a shrink.

Simple Simon

« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2017, 04:39:31 AM »
Gotta client on 5 as we.Im on 5.. Made me fat as fuck. Seroquel, klonopin, paxil, effexor, abilify, &.lithium

fixed