Author Topic: Mental Heath Question for experienced getbiggerz  (Read 8133 times)

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
Mental Heath Question for experienced getbiggerz
« on: July 10, 2017, 06:47:27 PM »
If your anxiety/semi depression/overall crankiness and unhappiness, even when things are going well is becoming an issue for loved ones, and just day to day life...

Do you

1. Seek pharma help with a specific mood enhancer/happy pill? If so, what do you recommend. I've never wanted to be another dude who goes on Prozac or something, but man I'm becoming pretty hard to deal with. If it helps, I think I would go for it at this point

Or

2. See a shrink?

Thanks

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
Re: Mental Heath Question for experienced getbiggerz
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2017, 07:07:06 PM »
For me personally I would not want to go the pharmaceutical route. I would prefer to work with a psychologist.

I don't have any solid answers for you as I'm currently struggling with anxiety myself. I also struggle with depression but for me that is more manageable. It's the anxiety i have a difficult time with.

Good luck, I look forward to reading other people's responses.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2017, 07:18:33 PM »
If your anxiety/semi depression/overall crankiness and unhappiness, even when things are going well is becoming an issue for loved ones, and just day to day life...

Do you

1. Seek pharma help with a specific mood enhancer/happy pill? If so, what do you recommend. I've never wanted to be another dude who goes on Prozac or something, but man I'm becoming pretty hard to deal with. If it helps, I think I would go for it at this point

Or

2. See a shrink?

Thanks

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2017, 07:29:32 PM »
I have anxiety and have tried the pharmacy route and it sucks.I tried seeing a mental health pro as well and they thought I was fucked form what I said.So I just talk to one of my buddies every few weeks we go out to eat and talk for a few hours and I feel great after that for a few days.My thoughts are pretty fucked up and most think I'm crazy when I talk but he gets it.talk to someone you can be yourself to and don't hold anything back.

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2017, 07:32:24 PM »
work it out mentally as much as possible.  

other things I did which straightened me up with the mental game (we are all here to make each other better 8) ;D ;D)

1. i do/did volunteer work. (go for the harder type shit - VA hospital, childrens hospital, burn unit in town) - just 2 hours a week on a routine will wonders
2. attend mass, dont gotta be religious but puts me a good mode after catholic mass, its 50 minutes once every other week or weekly

i read about those 2 in psychology journal to improve well being/kill aniexty

good luck dude

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2017, 07:41:52 PM »
I have anxiety and have tried the pharmacy route and it sucks.I tried seeing a mental health pro as well and they thought I was fucked form what I said.So I just talk to one of my buddies every few weeks we go out to eat and talk for a few hours and I feel great after that for a few days.My thoughts are pretty fucked up and most think I'm crazy when I talk but he gets it.talk to someone you can be yourself to and don't hold anything back.

Good point about having someone to talk to. I have a lot of friends but very few to none I can talk to about that shit. I have one friend I can talk to but he's a few hours away so talking in person is difficult. Sometimes it helps just knowing other people are going through the same stuff. Sometimes we think we are special snowflakes but we are not.

mphgrove

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2017, 07:49:21 PM »
If you have the kind of insurance that has a nurse hotline, call it. Just tell her or him you are trying to get some ideas like you are doing here. Just reaching out to that avenue like you are doing here will make you feel like you are moving forward.

BananaHammock

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2017, 08:00:46 PM »

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2017, 08:01:20 PM »
Good point about having someone to talk to. I have a lot of friends but very few to none I can talk to about that shit. I have one friend I can talk to but he's a few hours away so talking in person is difficult. Sometimes it helps just knowing other people are going through the same stuff. Sometimes we think we are special snowflakes but we are not.

What about the ones with dyed blue hair and a bunch of piercings, though?

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2017, 08:27:06 PM »

Do you

Or

2. See a shrink?

Thanks

Dude - seen this coming a mile away since you started posting.   Go talk to a professional (mental health not IFBB).
Y

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2017, 09:06:32 PM »

Do you

Or

2. See a shrink?

Thanks

Ideally both. I'd say you can do #2 w/o #1, but would not recomend #1 w/o #2.

I'm really, really not a fan of SSRI's and to ansmaller but still serious extent SNRI's because #1 the withdrawal from them really, really sucks,& #2 it's always (always) a crapshoot whether or not they're going to help or even harm that user. It's not an issue of whether or not they "work", because they may work & do what they're supposed to do, which is block the reuptake of a particular neurotransmitter (serotonin or epinephrine or norepinephrine or dopamine, etc...), but doing so isn't a guarantee that they're going to help whatever the underlying issue is.

The only Med I would not having issue with recommending trying would be Wellbutrin which works primarily on dopamine. It doesn't require weeks and weeks to build up in your system actually work and it works the same day you take it & doesn't produce City withdrawal symptoms if you miss a dose accidentally

sceagacros

• Getbig III
  • Happy holidays, have you considered suicide?
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2017, 10:56:19 PM »
As some one above wrote, volunteering at a homeless shelter or hospice etc. is an incredibly effective yet overlooked way to not only "get out of your self" for a minute, but to also experience some REAL, down to earth communication with people you might otherwise never encounter. I myself have done this and it completely changed me - it's one of those things that you need to stick with though, build a rapport with some folks - you will get back much, much more than you could ever give.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2017, 01:26:29 AM »
As said before - helping others helps.

Learning and broadening of your horizon is great but may be somewhat hindered by anxiety - clouded minds have a  hard time thinking concisely and effectively.
To clear the mind&body, and heal it to an extent, one can do breathing exercises.

Dr. Hyatt has incredible info("Undoing Yourself", "The Psychopath's Bible", ...) which goes pretty far but the breathing exercises are easy to follow if you're just in for relief. It's an earthbound treatment which means there's no supernatural aspect to it.

There may be also an "unknown" aspect to this in which case the breathing exercises help to draw in /circulate life energy(Chi, Prana, Vril, ...), cleanse and heal. They also strengthen the will and help free one from unwanted entities, thought forms, etc. which can manifest unwanted life circumstances aka illness & Co. Having a special kind of nightmares may indicate that the person is under attack.

If you have to, take some pills. I took antidepressants for years and it was not really good thing. It drew some pretty frightening things in which took a long time to get off.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2017, 01:31:53 AM »

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2017, 01:41:05 AM »
I'd stay far away from the drugs unless you have a severe mental condition where you hear voices and other crazy shit.  I saw a psychologist for my anger/depression and it did help a little.   

My issues got significantly better when I read the bible, specifically the new testament.  I found the words of Jesus to be very powerful and reading them and getting to know them made the most difference for me.

Best of luck to you whatever route you choose.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2017, 02:28:14 AM »

What ever happened to Gary Cooper?!

Maybe there's nothing wrong with you.  Maybe you're shitty about something that any reasonable person would be shitty about.  Maybe your loved ones should be understanding of the fact that you've got stress for a reason and you're not going to dispense happytainment on cue no matter how much they tell you that your misery has become unacceptable now that it is affecting them.  Maybe a back rub and a blowjob and a promise of support would do more good than happy pills and headshrinkers ever could.

IronMeister

• Getbig IV
  • Übermacht
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2017, 02:43:53 AM »

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2017, 03:04:32 AM »

;D ;D ;D

"Won't recover" of biblical proportions

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2017, 03:09:34 AM »

Do you

Or

2. See a shrink?

Thanks

First, realise that things aren't going great.  Something is missing.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2017, 03:19:23 AM »
Ok, done.  What's step 2?

Marlo Stanfield

• Getbig IV
  • You want it to be one way,but it's the other way.
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2017, 03:29:47 AM »

Do you

Or

2. See a shrink?

Thanks

Pharma is just putting a band aid on the problem, which will cause more issues down the road.

It sounds cliche, but you need to find the root of it.

Why are you feeling unhappy?
why do you feel depressed?
when youre with loved ones or friends, are you in the moment?if not, where is your head at?

The brain is a muscle, it takes months to train it to think negatively and anxiously, and it'll take months to get it back to where it should be.

Read relaxation books, learn relaxation techniques, read up on the "mind's eye"

Did something traumatic happen to cause all this?

Send a pm if you need someone to talk to

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2017, 03:33:43 AM »
As said before - helping others helps.

Learning and broadening of your horizon is great but may be somewhat hindered by anxiety - clouded minds have a  hard time thinking concisely and effectively.
To clear the mind&body, and heal it to an extent, one can do breathing exercises.

Dr. Hyatt has incredible info("Undoing Yourself", "The Psychopath's Bible", ...) which goes pretty far but the breathing exercises are easy to follow if you're just in for relief. It's an earthbound treatment which means there's no supernatural aspect to it.

There may be also an "unknown" aspect to this in which case the breathing exercises help to draw in /circulate life energy(Chi, Prana, Vril, ...), cleanse and heal. They also strengthen the will and help free one from unwanted entities, thought forms, etc. which can manifest unwanted life circumstances aka illness & Co. Having a special kind of nightmares may indicate that the person is under attack.

If you have to, take some pills. I took antidepressants for years and it was not really good thing. It drew some pretty frightening things in which took a long time to get off.

There's a lot of truth to the breathing exercises helping calm you down. I find talking to someone and also using pieces from "eastern medicine" helpful. I've never taken any pills or medication, not saying it wouldn't help, but it's not the route I chose. I also realize that I have a few issues, like with anything, is the first step to helping oneself.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2017, 04:22:59 AM »

Do you

Or

2. See a shrink?

Thanks

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2017, 04:27:38 AM »
Pharma is just putting a band aid on the problem, which will cause more issues down the road.

It sounds cliche, but you need to find the root of it.

Why are you feeling unhappy?
why do you feel depressed?
when youre with loved ones or friends, are you in the moment?if not, where is your head at?

The brain is a muscle, it takes months to train it to think negatively and anxiously, and it'll take months to get it back to where it should be.

Read relaxation books, learn relaxation techniques, read up on the "mind's eye"

Did something traumatic happen to cause all this?

Send a pm if you need someone to talk to

Hey Marlo,

I've always been a skeptical guy and had anxiety, but it's gotten worse as I've aged, I have trouble letting loose and having a clear mind and enjoying things. Where it really became debilitating...

I have a really bad neighbor situation that really put me over the edge and put this anxiety/unhappiness into over drive. Why I need to do something is that I feel bad for my wife that she has to deal with my fear, anxiety, unhappiness over a bad neighbor. Most normal people would just let it go and live their lives and be like " yeah I got this crazy asshole living next door, it's funny"...but for me, it's all I think about. So, it's my personality combined with irrational anxiety/irrationalfear/uncomfortableness related to this neighbor thing.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2017, 04:32:46 AM »
Hey Marlo,

I've always been a skeptical guy and had anxiety, but it's gotten worse as I've aged, I have trouble letting loose and having a clear mind and enjoying things. Where it really became debilitating...

I have a really bad neighbor situation that really put me over the edge and put this anxiety/unhappiness into over drive. Why I need to do something is that I feel bad for my wife that she has to deal with my fear, anxiety, unhappiness over a bad neighbor. Most normal people would just let it go and live their lives and be like " yeah I got this crazy asshole living next door, it's funny"...but for me, it's all I think about. So, it's my personality combined with unrational anxiety/fear/uncomfortableness related to this neighbor thing.

You sound like Be There.

Jeffery? Is that you?