Author Topic: Ex-Bush ethics lawyer on Trump Jr: 'This borders on treason'  (Read 7442 times)

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
Re: Ex-Bush ethics lawyer on Trump Jr: 'This borders on treason'
« Reply #50 on: July 13, 2017, 07:50:27 AM »
Let me get this straight, your defense of this now is that Russia is not a hostile foreign govt? Just bc we have Russian officials here in the US doesn't mean they aren't hostile. We had and probably still do have spies here from Russia, remember the compounds that got seized?

I'm pretty sure you're right on the Hilary comment but that doesn't mean shit bc you and others along with myself would be on here making a fuss about that. The only difference is that I'm the only conservative in this thread calling this bull shit out.

Try having some intellectual honesty

The intellectual honesty is acknowledging that politics is a dirty fucking business and the combatants are not going to always play by Marcus of Queensberry rules. I'm not judging it one way or the other. In hindsight, it probably wasn't the right move but it is what it is, but the response to this has been dramatically over blown. Donald Trump Jr. was a private citizen, it's not like he could've exchanged any classified information with the Russians, unlike Hillary and Bill, whose foundation apparently received a large donation from a well-connected Russian while she was Secretary of State.

The real problem is the lack of balance from the mainstream media, and this has been going on throughout the campaign and has continued on to the Trump presidency. So, Trump supporters have every right to take anything that comes out of the MSM with a grain of salt.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: July 13, 2017, 08:07:40 AM »
The intellectual honesty is acknowledging that politics is a dirty fucking business and the combatants are not going to always play by Marcus of Queensberry rules. I'm not judging it one way or the other. In hindsight, it probably wasn't the right move but it is what it is, but the response to this has been dramatically over blown. Donald Trump Jr. was a private citizen, it's not like he could've exchanged any classified information with the Russians, unlike Hillary and Bill, whose foundation apparently received a large donation from a well-connected Russian while she was Secretary of State.

The real problem is the lack of balance from the mainstream media, and this has been going on throughout the campaign and has continued on to the Trump presidency. So, Trump supporters have every right to take anything that comes out of the MSM with a grain of salt.
There is only one persons actions in this entire world we can control and that's ourselves. Of course the media is biased against trump, what does that have to do with you excusing bad behavior?

you and the media have the exact same problem, you both excuse behavior of the guy you support and lambast those you don't for the exact same behavior. Well congrats bro you're no better than the media...

Dude your excuses are weak as shit, if clintons daughter did this you'd be ok with it? Ok so his son was out their giving speeches for him, doing interviews and going to meetings on his behalf but it's ok bc he wasn't a public figure?

Come the fuck on!!! All I can say is if you think this is ok don't go bitching when a person with a D by their name does it ::)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: July 13, 2017, 08:11:56 AM »
So, Trump supporters have every right to take anything that comes out of the MSM with a grain of salt.
What part of the events and details surrounding this meeting do you feel are inaccurate? The guy tweeted his own emails!!!' The media didn't make that shit up this fuck nuts has confirmed it...

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #53 on: July 13, 2017, 08:25:09 AM »
What part of the events and details surrounding this meeting do you feel are inaccurate? The guy tweeted his own emails!!!' The media didn't make that shit up this fuck nuts has confirmed it...

It seems like the facts regarding this meeting are a bit sketchy. I suspect we're going to hear more within the next few days.

https://www.google.com/amp/thehill.com/homenews/administration/341788-exclusive-doj-let-russian-lawyer-into-us-before-she-met-with-trump%3Famp

"But in an interview with NBC News earlier this week, Veselnitskaya acknowledged her contacts with Trump Jr. and in Washington were part of a lobbying campaign to get members of Congress and American political figures to see "the real circumstances behind the Magnitsky Act."

It's still just a campaign trying to get dirt on another campaign. The only issue was whether the source was proper. Has this been determined to be a illegal? I haven't heard any such thing. I've just heard a lot of hyperbole from various opponents of Trump.

It's also very easy for you sitting there with 2020 hindsight to pass judgment to say this was the wrong move. How do you know you wouldn't of done the same thing under those circumstances. You could make a case that the campaign would be derelict in its duty if it didn't follow up a lead about getting dirt on an opponent.

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #54 on: July 13, 2017, 08:34:15 AM »
It seems like the facts regarding this meeting are a bit sketchy. I suspect we're going to hear more within the next few days.

https://www.google.com/amp/thehill.com/homenews/administration/341788-exclusive-doj-let-russian-lawyer-into-us-before-she-met-with-trump%3Famp

"But in an interview with NBC News earlier this week, Veselnitskaya acknowledged her contacts with Trump Jr. and in Washington were part of a lobbying campaign to get members of Congress and American political figures to see "the real circumstances behind the Magnitsky Act."

It's still just a campaign trying to get dirt on another campaign. The only issue was whether the source was proper. Has this been determined to be a illegal? I haven't heard any such thing. I've just heard a lot of hyperbole from various opponents of Trump.
It is not illegal.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #55 on: July 13, 2017, 08:36:11 AM »
It is not illegal.

If that's the case, then there's nothing to see here. It's just more of the same. Certain people don't like the outcome of the election. It's a simple as that.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: July 13, 2017, 08:47:33 AM »

It doesn't matter that she was already in the US, like you stated she was campaigning for the removal of the magnistky act.

Trump jr went to this meeting with the understanding that he was going to get information from the Russian government that would implicate Clinton and the dnc in campaign funding fraud...this is all per trump jr. emails.

It is not just a campaign trying to get dirt on another. It's a campaign trying to get dirt from a hostile foreign govt. you think Russia was trying to do this out of the goodness of their hearts?!? ::)

Legality isn't the arbiter or right and wrong. What Clinton did with her emails was wrong, operation fast and furious was wrong, Obama spying on the press was wrong...none of them were deemed illegal

I guess by your standards that makes them all ok and you didn't bitch about any of them...

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: July 13, 2017, 08:47:43 AM »

it appears that the campaign was expecting to get quite the dirt from this Russian source for Junior, Kushner & Manafort (the 3 biggest dudes) all to take some time to attend the meeting.  

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #58 on: July 13, 2017, 08:51:48 AM »
it appears that the campaign was expecting to get quite the dirt from this Russian source for Junior, Kushner & Manafort (the 3 biggest dudes) all to take the time to attend the meeting.  

If it's not illegal, why wouldn't you take that meeting? All we're arguing about is the source. I don't blame the Clinton campaign for using that tape of Trump talking about pussy. That's what you do when you're  in a political race. They play hardball at that level.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: July 13, 2017, 09:15:31 AM »
If it's not illegal, why wouldn't you take that meeting? All we're arguing about is the source. I don't blame the Clinton campaign for using that tape of Trump talking about pussy. That's what you do when you're  in a political race. They play hardball at that level.
The reason you don't is bc it puts you in a compromising position. Again do you think the Russians were doing this just for fun?

That position is made even worse when you lie for months on end by saying that Russia wasn't trying to help the trump campaign.

There is a report going around that Russia has been funding far left environmental groups to help diminish the US production of oil and gas...are you ok with this?

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: July 13, 2017, 09:21:04 AM »
It doesn't matter that she was already in the US, like you stated she was campaigning for the removal of the magnistky act.

Trump jr went to this meeting with the understanding that he was going to get information from the Russian government that would implicate Clinton and the dnc in campaign funding fraud...this is all per trump jr. emails.

It is not just a campaign trying to get dirt on another. It's a campaign trying to get dirt from a hostile foreign govt. you think Russia was trying to do this out of the goodness of their hearts?!? ::)

Legality isn't the arbiter or right and wrong. What Clinton did with her emails was wrong, operation fast and furious was wrong, Obama spying on the press was wrong...none of them were deemed illegal

I guess by your standards that makes them all ok and you didn't bitch about any of them...

Trump supporters apparently do not view Russia as an adversarial foreign government.

(Ronald Reagan is rolling over in his grave.)

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: July 13, 2017, 09:26:08 AM »
The Democrats really need to come up with a message and leave all this Russian conspiracy hand wringing alone.

It won't change the fact that they will get slaughtered in 2018 but it might actually help some of the bleeding in a few of the blue House districts.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #62 on: July 13, 2017, 10:46:47 AM »
The Democrats really need to come up with a message and leave all this Russian conspiracy hand wringing alone.

It won't change the fact that they will get slaughtered in 2018 but it might actually help some of the bleeding in a few of the blue House districts.

Got to give them credit for getting a lot of mileage out of this, especially when you consider the complete lack of substance.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #63 on: July 13, 2017, 11:46:29 AM »
Got to give them credit for getting a lot of mileage out of this, especially when you consider the complete lack of substance.

Probably helps when you hold rights to all the faces on TV, screaming and bellowing the synchronized message.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #64 on: July 13, 2017, 11:51:16 AM »
The "information" in question: Is it unknown by us at this point?

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: July 13, 2017, 12:33:07 PM »
If that's the case, then there's nothing to see here. It's just more of the same. Certain people don't like the outcome of the election. It's a simple as that.

Ok, so there should be no harm investigating it then.

If what you say is TRUE, then team Trump will be vindicated
and win in landslide for re-election in 2020.

Of course, if they are found guilty of collusion and obstruction... :'(

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #66 on: July 13, 2017, 12:41:03 PM »

Then why don't they actually do it? As far as I can tell .gov has been monitoring this Russian interference since 2015. Wasn't a problem apparently when it was thought that Clinton was a shoe in. 
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #67 on: July 13, 2017, 04:39:36 PM »

Can you explain this "collusion" crime? 

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #68 on: July 13, 2017, 04:54:04 PM »
Apparently, this woman was in the United States six months after her visa exception expired, and nobody seems to know why. Will there be an investigation about this as well? Or do we just investigate the Trump administration.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #69 on: July 13, 2017, 05:31:00 PM »
 ::)

Prediction: This blows up in the MSM's face like every other fake news/phony Russian scandal that has been promulgated over the past 9 months.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #70 on: July 13, 2017, 05:32:07 PM »

Prediction: This blows up in the MSM's face like every other fake news/phony Russian scandal that has been promulgated over the past 9 months.

Yep.  Completely agree. 

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #71 on: July 13, 2017, 08:18:27 PM »

That's the secret to the game, IMO.  It would take them to report on the blow-up.

Knowing they're safe allows them to act like this.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #72 on: July 13, 2017, 10:22:03 PM »

It's already happening. No one knows why this woman was still in the country well after her visa had expired and Loretta Lynch has taken to covering her fat ass and is blaming the state department.

https://www.google.com/amp/thehill.com/homenews/administration/341969-lynch-distances-herself-from-russian-lawyer-after-trump-attack%3Famp

So, now the MSM has to explain why it was the end of the world when Trump Junior met with this woman, but it's no big deal that she overstayed her visa and was conducting activities which were different than the reason she was given the visa in the first place.