Author Topic: Flex Wheelers body fat  (Read 56893 times)

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
Re: Flex Wheelers body fat
« Reply #75 on: June 29, 2006, 12:26:55 PM »
I'm no doctor but I seriously believe if someone really had 0.0% bodyfat they'd be dead!  Their brain and CNS wouldn't even be able to function.  Your body needs a small amount of fat to function properly.

Maybe he had 0% subcutaneous (sp?) fat, but a total body fat is impossible.
Flex had a great body, but brains he is known for, he is not. 

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: June 29, 2006, 12:43:37 PM »
Ask any real doctor if it is at all possible to have 0% bodyfat and 100% of them will say no.  Fat helps with lubricating the joints too.  No fat and you'd be one hurtin mother trying to walk and move with no lubrication in your joints.  You would squeeking and grinding with every step and moevement.
Degenrative arthritis, also keeps the heart alive and working not to mention vital organs, bodybuilders to get to the edge og being a real walking dead man at times, many times

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
« Reply #77 on: June 29, 2006, 12:50:17 PM »
I remember the Ironman article on Flex (like 1999, 2000, or 2001 - I can't remember) where Flex stated that he was at < 1% BF.  He then went into detail on doing like 3 hours of cardio in the dark everyday the week before and getting 1 spoonfull or carbs total (oatmeal) during the entire week.  If that doesn't put you in a compromised health, nothing will...
Motherboy (the band).

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: June 29, 2006, 01:18:04 PM »
FYI: your brain is 100% fat, i think peoples brains around here is 100% dookie
A

Slick Vic

« Reply #79 on: June 29, 2006, 01:40:52 PM »
i have hjeard that at the 93 olympia he was tested ebing at "0.0" .  tis true?
Yes, tis true.  ::)

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #80 on: June 29, 2006, 01:51:13 PM »
who cares what his bf was at the contest.  he still didnt win.

dorian won, and was never even called out during the muscularity round.  that's how dominant he was.  cant say the same thing for ronnie, oh nevermind.  didnt want to start another thread with ronnie vs. dorian.
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL ABBOTT (1966-2004)

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #81 on: June 29, 2006, 02:27:24 PM »
Ask any real doctor if it is at all possible to have 0% bodyfat and 100% of them will say no.  Fat helps with lubricating the joints too.  No fat and you'd be one hurtin mother trying to walk and move with no lubrication in your joints.  You would squeeking and grinding with every step and moevement.

Im not sure about this,fat doesnt add between the tendon and the joints.I think its mostly a myth,and looking at many top BB/strongmen we can see it dosent stick.Coleman,Mariuz,Yuko Hahola and more.All were very lean,lifted HEAVY and kept pretty healthy.

RAT MCBAT

• Getbig III
« Reply #82 on: June 29, 2006, 02:30:05 PM »
i have heard that at the 93 olympia he was tested being at "0.0" .  tis true?
i heard his lean body mass was at 0.0 %  since his kidneys went to shit. damn them pesky ninjas  ;D
forget what you know

Petrucci

• Getbig IV
  • Team Kratos!!!
« Reply #83 on: June 29, 2006, 02:44:47 PM »
I just laughed so loud I woke up my husband!! Nice use of repetition guys!!

Special "0% Muscle" Ed
monster revelation!!!!!!1!!

on a side note, from what i know the only guy that got 0% of fat in measurement was Flex Wheeler...Its difficult to believe, but it was measured by Jim Quin

on another side note, i think absent started a new trend...
!

The Freakshow

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Jeremiah 29:11-13
« Reply #84 on: June 29, 2006, 07:29:26 PM »
In 1993 Neal Spruce tested Flex's bodyfat with a "Skyndex" brand electronic skinfold caliper, using the "Durnin" calculation formula on the number 2 setting (active male/athlete). Two weeks out from the show he tested at approx. 1% and the following week when tested the Skyndex displayed "E E E" which means "error". Which means that his bodyfat was less than 1% according to the device. The Skyndex is not capable of measuring less than 1%. It will display the error message.

I was an eyewitness to the test by Neal. Whether Flex had Billy Smith retest him at Gold's to confirm the reading I do not know. However, it is entirely possible.

The Durnin formula tests four sites: Biceps, Triceps, Subscapula and Illiac Crest (Abdominal area). It is definitely the most accurate of the skinfold measurements. However, it is not as accurate as Hydrostatic Weighing or the new Body Scan.

If any of you have a copy of the '93 Mr. O, take a look at the striations in Flex's back. It will be the freakest and leanest you have ever seen!

I have personally tested THOUSANDS of people's bodyfat (including some of the best pro bodybuilders in the sport) with the same device and I have NEVER seen someone lean enough to cause the device to ERROR the way Flex did. So wether he was truly less than 1% or not, I highly doubt anyone has ever tested leaner, Andreas Muntzer would probably be the only canidate.

FLEX IS AWESOME! Can't fight it!

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: June 30, 2006, 12:44:18 AM »
In 1993 Neal Spruce tested Flex's bodyfat with a "Skyndex" brand electronic skinfold caliper, using the "Durnin" calculation formula on the number 2 setting (active male/athlete). Two weeks out from the show he tested at approx. 1% and the following week when tested the Skyndex displayed "E E E" which means "error". Which means that his bodyfat was less than 1% according to the device. The Skyndex is not capable of measuring less than 1%. It will display the error message.

I was an eyewitness to the test by Neal. Whether Flex had Billy Smith retest him at Gold's to confirm the reading I do not know. However, it is entirely possible.

The Durnin formula tests four sites: Biceps, Triceps, Subscapula and Illiac Crest (Abdominal area). It is definitely the most accurate of the skinfold measurements. However, it is not as accurate as Hydrostatic Weighing or the new Body Scan.

If any of you have a copy of the '93 Mr. O, take a look at the striations in Flex's back. It will be the freakest and leanest you have ever seen!

I have personally tested THOUSANDS of people's bodyfat (including some of the best pro bodybuilders in the sport) with the same device and I have NEVER seen someone lean enough to cause the device to ERROR the way Flex did. So wether he was truly less than 1% or not, I highly doubt anyone has ever tested leaner, Andreas Muntzer would probably be the only canidate.

Damn. ....just, damn.  :o

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #86 on: June 30, 2006, 12:49:29 AM »
Jim Quinn never said that Neal Spruce did a skin fold measurement which showed error% bodyfat on Flex Wheeler.  Jim also never said Flex was the only bodybuilder to never do that.

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #87 on: June 30, 2006, 12:58:37 AM »

Natural fat disposition makes most of those caliper tests useless.We all know friends/bodybuilders that have VERY diffrent fat disposition.Some might pack more on the areas you test with the caliper some pack less.If you consider that the test loses much of its already low valid value.

mikediesel

• Getbig III
« Reply #88 on: June 30, 2006, 01:14:10 AM »
I'm surprised no one has mentioned that during the commentary for the 93 Olympia , Jim Quinn states that Flex had a skinfold measurement done at Golds and it was 0.0% the lowest ever tested at Golds. I think this would be relevant since the threads subject is about Flex Wheelers body fat

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: June 30, 2006, 02:12:29 AM »
Didn't Flex Wheeler do a Commentary on the Mr.O., where he stated that Jim Quinn's bodyfat had been measured at 0.0% by Neil Spruce two weeks out and it was the lowest ever measured at Gold's? Can't remember the year...

www.enutrition.co.za

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: June 30, 2006, 02:16:30 AM »
Sorry, got it all wrong... Flex Wheeler stated during commentary for Mr.O. that Neil Spruce's bodyfat had been measured by Jim Quinn 2 weeks out at 0.0%, the lowest ever measurement recorded at Gold's, apparently. Yeah, thats it.

www.enutrition.co.za

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: June 30, 2006, 02:23:10 AM »
I just watched the 1993 Mr.O. , and you wouldn't believe it, that's the show! What actually happenned is Jim Quinn stated in the commentary that he knew for a fact that Flex Wheelers bodyfat had been measured at Gold's Gym two weeks out, at an astonishing 0.0%! Thats the lowest recorded measurement a Gold's, apparently. No mention of Neil Spruce, nor his bodyfat though...

www.enutrition.co.za

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: June 30, 2006, 04:25:18 AM »
Somebody told me once that during the 1993 Mr. O comentary,it was stated  by Jim Quinn,that Flex Wheeler's body fat had been measured at 0.0%,the lowest ever recorded at Gold's Gym.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: June 30, 2006, 04:31:35 AM »
Maybe he did not like fat foods?

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #94 on: June 30, 2006, 04:37:59 AM »
damn flex was lean in that video... the triceps definition is just awesome!    :o

mikediesel

• Getbig III
« Reply #95 on: June 30, 2006, 05:33:07 AM »
Maybe he did not like fat foods?

Mars I think you are absolutely correct about Flex Wheelre not liking fat foods because during the commentary for the 93 Olympia , Jim Quinn states that Flex had a skinfold measurement done at Golds and it was 0.0% the lowest ever tested at Golds.

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: June 30, 2006, 05:38:59 AM »
 Does anyone know who holds the record for the lowest body fat % ever tested at Gold's?

mikediesel

• Getbig III
« Reply #97 on: June 30, 2006, 05:45:26 AM »
Does anyone know who holds the record for the lowest body fat % ever tested at Gold's?

Gtbro1,
       I'm not too sure but I think I heard that during the commentary for the 93 Olympia , Jim Quinn states that Flex had a skinfold measurement done at Golds and it was 0.0% the lowest ever tested at Golds. So in 93 the record was held by Flex Wheeler. I'm not too sure if that record still exist, but I Have never heard anyone else say that another bodybuilder had a skinfold measurement done at Golds and it was 0.0% the lowest ever tested at Golds. Hopes this helps.

The Freakshow

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Jeremiah 29:11-13
« Reply #98 on: June 30, 2006, 02:50:09 PM »
This has got to be the most HYSTERICAL thread I have ever read :D

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #99 on: June 30, 2006, 06:10:50 PM »
And your bullshit backing up of Flex's bodyfat is just as hysterical.
Maybe you saw what you saw, but it's not possible for anyone to be at 1% bodyfat or lower.
Lower bodyfat did he have? Sure. But, zero? Not possible. ::)