Author Topic: Marijuana and Bodybuilding...  (Read 26922 times)

Tokyo Joe

• Getbig III
Re: Marijuana and Bodybuilding...
« Reply #75 on: April 13, 2006, 06:26:39 AM »
Dude smoking ganja is f@#king narly man, it likes gets you stoned and shit man , and you get the munchies big time bro , like f@#king far out man , dack rocks man , hey man did you hear that man , its the fucking pigs man , shit man we are getting raided dude , F@#k dude eat the shit man, come on dude eat it all man , ohhhhhhhhh man it was only the cat dude , mannnn your ganna be soooo stoned now bro , you ate all the dack man, your soooo fucked man , narly man !!!

That was pretty fuckin funny..

Nothing wrong with the odd joint here and there, you just need to know when to and when not to. Become a stoner and your life hits a brick wall - you'll spend every waking moment thinking about your next high/next score and your life will revolve around playstation, the muchies, your dealer and the sofa.

Keep it real baby! Responsibilities come first...   smoke up when everythings in check

210 and growing

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #76 on: April 13, 2006, 06:33:48 AM »
if i smoke weed once a week say and smoke cigarettes and drink the same u reckon that has a bad effect on your lungs or negligible??

Samourai Pizzacat

• Getbig IV
  • Meeoow!!
« Reply #77 on: April 13, 2006, 07:02:55 AM »
Quite unintentionally you've reinforced the previosus point: *big* difference between moderate and heavy use, despite the fact you mention them in the same breath. 4 times a day like that guy here is clearly an addict & heavy user.

"False semantics"? Congrats on mangling the english language; an excellent means of discrediting your position. That misguided combination of words isn't even apropos for whatever you were attempting to say. :D False semantics?

In moderation, not a problem; various pro & olympic athletes indulge in moderation. It's the abusers that you read about that have problems.

sure there is a difference between moderate and heayy use, still, that doesn't mean moderate means good or harmless!
But as we've seen, a lot of people on Getbig have no clue what moderation means.

BTW I'm not a native speaker, flawed logic/semantics was probably a better way of putting it. It doesn't discredit my position:
don't play the man, play the ball. I won't bitch about your miss spelling of the word previous.

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #78 on: April 13, 2006, 07:13:18 AM »
I never like to lift when i am high so i don't smoke past 9am or so until about 3pm or later depending on my schedule for the day. I say as long as smokin doesn't effect your diet or level of activity then it's all good.
I

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #79 on: April 13, 2006, 07:18:07 AM »
still, that doesn't mean moderate means good or harmless!
But as we've seen, a lot of people on Getbig have no clue what moderation means.

The pros far outweigh the cons for moderate users, which has already been said. You're obviously biased rather than balanced in your opinions.

Samourai Pizzacat

• Getbig IV
  • Meeoow!!
« Reply #80 on: April 13, 2006, 07:30:51 AM »
The pros far outweigh the cons for moderate users, which has already been said. Stop projecting your own preconceptions, you obviously have a bias rather than a balanced perspective.

What pros?

Are you in constant pain?
Are you in dire need of inspiration?

Please show me research that tells of these pros for normal people.
Marihuana has medical applications, such as painrelief and perhaps for certain neuropsychological disorders like spasmism and epilepsy.
It has no benefits for a healthy person.

I am not as biased as you believe me to be.

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: April 13, 2006, 07:34:31 AM »
Oh my F***ing god, you guys will use any kind of false semantics to prove weed mariuana isn't bad.

- Freeing ones mind of established patterns? the odd artist will use the high as inspiration, 99% of the people get high and nothing productive comes of it.

- Alcohol/smoking etc is bad too! how many times have we heard this one, ofcourse alcohol is bad too, that doesn't justify the use of pot. It's kindergarten-level reasoning, please don't bother.

I am not against the use of mariuana, I smoke pot, however very sparingly. I've seen too many people that are heavy users (4 times a day is a heavy user btw) lose their 'edge', it really is a killer for your shortterm memory. I see it in my younger brother aswell I'm affraid.

You don't need pot to get in the zone, say you smoke weed because you like it, don't come up with the rest of the BS, cause you too well know it is!

self proclaimed meltdown! BooYAAh!

Use of alcohol does justify use of marijuana if the argument is that someone should be able to use it because it is their body and they are an adult. That's called consistent, logical thinking.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: April 13, 2006, 07:34:38 AM »
What pros?

Are you in constant pain?
Are you in dire need of inspiration?

Have you been reading any of the other posts? Obviously lots enjoy it with very little downsides-you haven't figured that out from reading? It could not be more obvious.

You have very weak powers of observation and must be a nerd if you have to wait for  research on something that is obvious.

210 and growing

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #83 on: April 13, 2006, 07:35:38 AM »
marujana does help you to see very clearly and very positively once you get accostomed to using it and i agree used moderately (ie. getting stoned once/twice a week for example) it can be of a positive mental benefit. Just as a side issue anyone else smokes weed feel like when they are stoned their muscles feel full and blown up like mad?

Samourai Pizzacat

• Getbig IV
  • Meeoow!!
« Reply #84 on: April 13, 2006, 12:49:59 PM »
Have you been reading any of the other posts? Obviously lots enjoy it with very little downsides-you haven't figured that out from reading? It could not be more obvious.

People use it for enjoyment, yes! I know! Eureka! And I'm A-OK with that, I just get mad when people make up stories to justify their pot use, just say you like it, because that's the bottom line.
But that's not the kind of 'beneficial' I've been refering to.

@LuciusF
You can't derail a topic, in this case marihuana-use, by saying, "but hey, what about alcohol?" That's not debating. And for the record, I do think alcohol-abuse is a much, much bigger issue than marihuana.

Y'all get me now???

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #85 on: April 13, 2006, 01:46:42 PM »
Smoking anything is not benign. It's bad for your lungs, you inhale carcinogens and release a lot of free radicals into the body. Just because you feel OK and it doesn't hurt you doesn't justify its safety. Many people feel fine and develop cancer out of nowhere later in life.
It's common sense. My roomate smokes it regularly. Says it's his "medicine" and he feels fine, yet the guy coughs up his lungs every morning. Yeah that shit is harmless. A fine way to interfere with your muscular recovery.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #86 on: April 13, 2006, 06:38:42 PM »
sure there is a difference between moderate and heayy use, still, that doesn't mean moderate means good or harmless!

BTW I'm not a native speaker, flawed logic/semantics was probably a better way of putting it. It doesn't discredit my position:
don't play the man, play the ball. I won't bitch about your miss spelling of the word previous.

Good on you mate for cutting him some slack, as you yourself, ironically, have misspelled 'misspelling.'  ;D 

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #87 on: April 13, 2006, 06:58:01 PM »
i love working out blown.    the first time i did it it was on a back day and i though tit was going to be a horrible workout...but instantaneously from my first rep to my last a had unbelievable mind muscle connection and could feel everysingle fiber working.   reallllyyy helps isolate the back from the biceps. something i always have toruble with....plus,    dancing hella high  inbetween sets is a good cardio workout. haha ;D
d[-_-]b actin all cool

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #88 on: April 13, 2006, 07:03:24 PM »
i love working out blown.    the first time i did it it was on a back day and i though tit was going to be a horrible workout...but instantaneously from my first rep to my last a had unbelievable mind muscle connection and could feel everysingle fiber working.   reallllyyy helps isolate the back from the biceps. something i always have toruble with....plus,    dancing hella high  inbetween sets is a good cardio workout. haha ;D

This explains a lot of your posts!
just push some weight!

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #89 on: April 13, 2006, 07:04:31 PM »
your avatar and your ego is a paradox, alexxx.
d[-_-]b actin all cool

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #90 on: April 13, 2006, 07:10:36 PM »
your avatar and your ego is a paradox, alexxx.

Your high iq and your bad spelling are another example of a paradox.  ;)
just push some weight!

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #91 on: April 13, 2006, 07:21:46 PM »
Your high iq and your bad spelling are another example of a paradox.  ;)
;D
d[-_-]b actin all cool

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #92 on: April 14, 2006, 01:48:00 PM »
alright bro- I know what you look like- If I ever see U-you can call me a fag right to my face- my guess is you wont- I though you liked cuttler- isnt he a fag too for juicing and taking an occasional smoke? bak up with all your preppy boy I so good cause I dont use fag ass. I pick on guys like you .
I don't know what you look like.  Post a pic and I'll be sure to call you a fag next time I see you.
You're not a fag if you smoke, to me it's just whack, same with gear.  Doesn't mean you're an assclown if you juice, but the majority of people who juice look mediocre.  Sorry, it's not impressive to me.  I wouldn't say Cutler looks mediocre.
N

HRDCOR

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #93 on: April 14, 2006, 02:54:50 PM »
I brought some hemp pants once , but after a while they didnt fit so I said "F@#K It" and I smoked them man, it was way narly shit dudes !!!

Bodies

• Getbig III
« Reply #94 on: April 14, 2006, 05:10:34 PM »
I used to use it before every workout.  I would always combine it with a strong pre-workout stimulant/thermogenic to override the lethargy.  The benefits for bodybuilding are:  it enhances your mind to muscle connection, enhances your pump because it is a strong vasodilator, enhances your post-workout appetite, and relaxes your muscles enhancing recovery.  Used properly it can definitely enhance your gains. 

HRDCOR

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #95 on: April 14, 2006, 05:26:15 PM »
I used to use it before every workout.  I would always combine it with a strong pre-workout stimulant/thermogenic to override the lethargy.  The benefits for bodybuilding are:  it enhances your mind to muscle connection, enhances your pump because it is a strong vasodilator, enhances your post-workout appetite, and relaxes your muscles enhancing recovery.  Used properly it can definitely enhance your gains. 

WHATEVA !!!!!!!!!!!!!

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: April 14, 2006, 07:19:53 PM »
WHATEVA !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Get over the fact that you can't speak for everyone; let it go without having the last word. Moderate soft drugs are an awesome enhancer. ;) ;D

HRDCOR

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #97 on: April 14, 2006, 07:32:18 PM »
Get over the fact that you can't speak for everyone; let it go without having the last word. Moderate soft drugs are an awesome enhancer. 

"WHATEVA"      ;D

Bodies

• Getbig III
« Reply #98 on: April 17, 2006, 10:11:45 PM »

WHATEVA !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh damn!  I stand corrected!  You have totally turned me around with your well thought out eloquent response!  Down with the evil Devil-Weed!  It has absolutely no ergogenic potential whatsoever!  Thank you for enlightening me with your irrefutably ingenious comeback! I will go smoke a joint and fuck your Sister in the ass now! Bye!

king

• Getbig III
« Reply #99 on: April 17, 2006, 10:32:01 PM »
weed is good, weed is your friend............ let your mind go, for a minute or two... let your mind levitate for a delicate few... (anyone else like OAR)?