Author Topic: DId Lyle Alzado have AIDS? or was that a rumor?  (Read 12630 times)

fredrollon

• Getbig III
Re: DId Lyle Alzado have AIDS? or was that a rumor?
« Reply #50 on: November 18, 2018, 01:59:27 PM »

Hmmm. Seems,Lyle was a bit touchy-feely like the great Walter P. ,back in the day.
Still,could've just been a football thing,in those more "innocent times".....

'He bounded into the dining hall the evening before the Chicago Bears' training camp opened here, sneaked up behind the wide receiver Brian Baschnagel, bear- hugged him and kissed him on the cheek.
Baschnagel spun around to see who it was. But by then Walter Payton, elusive as usual, had wrapped himself round another unsuspecting teammate. Then it was on to another.
On it went, Payton hugging and kissing several more Bears, shaking hands with others, calling out hellos to still others - all as his way of letting them know he was back, ready to prepare for what should be a historic season.'

https://www.nytimes.com/1984/08/09/sports/players-pride-and-spirit-spur-payton.html

'At home, Richman and Atlas have come to expect midnight phone calls from a falsetto stranger who coos to their wives, “just say Barbara called.”
Payton’s favorite shtick these days is his gay routine. Joking with friends, he talks like a girl, fusses with his hair, tweaks a few butts. Several teammates, following his lead, play the game, too.
It’s macho stuff. We’re-so-masculine-we-dare-act-gay. Kojak, the TV cop who called other men “baby,” would understand. '

https://chicago.suntimes.com/football/1985-bears-coverage-sweetness-lives-good-life-on-and-off-the-field/

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: November 18, 2018, 02:01:21 PM »
Maybe Adonis was right about football players being gay. :-\

old-school-lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #52 on: November 19, 2018, 03:45:45 PM »
The rumor about Alzado having AIDS was rampant in the gay community at the time.  What I found so offensive was his blaming his illness on steroids.

Let me also put it this way.  Of all steroid related deaths, just how many have been due to brain cancer?  None that I know of.  All the ones I know of were heart/liver/kidney related.  If there were any brain cancer deaths attributed to steroids please enlighten me.

QFT

Lyle was a homo and too ashamed/scared to admit it- that's why he had to overdo the "tough guy" image

SGT BARNES

• Getbig IV
  • crush your enemies, see them driven before you
« Reply #53 on: November 19, 2018, 07:17:58 PM »
he got teh aids from your dad

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: November 20, 2018, 05:29:03 PM »
QFT

Lyle was a homo and too ashamed/scared to admit it- that's why he had to overdo the "tough guy" image

like Big Lenny