Author Topic: feeders for arm size - new thread -  (Read 38307 times)

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
feeders for arm size - new thread -
« on: January 18, 2019, 07:52:56 PM »
ok from the prior thread - there is a Bulgarian method that is also similar.  I am a big fan of feeders to add size to your arms -

get and keep blood flow in your arms all the time - my recommendation
10 lb dumbbells
100 curls, 100 tricep extensions, 100 hammer curls - repeat and do a second set 100,100,100

try it out for 3 months - EVERY NIGHT - I still need to do my feeders tonight -yes it is friday

rich piana (love him or hate him) he explains feeders - 

most ppl wont do them everyday for 3 months. i can say over the years it has added a good inch to my arms easy. 

&t=189s

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
Re: feeders for arm size - new thread -
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2019, 08:04:54 PM »
Sedona?

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2019, 08:07:54 PM »
Sedona?

yea buddy, I live about 75 miles south of there (Scottsdale).

I go up often in the summertime, drive up, get some food, do a hike, have a coffee. the drive alone is so pretty. good way to spend a sunday

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2019, 08:09:43 PM »
Taco why 2 exercises for Biceps and only 1 for triceps? Shouldn't it be the other way?

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2019, 08:20:42 PM »
Did your strength increase over the 3 months? Should people trying this method use heavier dumbbells when they can do more than 100 reps?

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2019, 08:24:10 PM »
Taco why 2 exercises for Biceps and only 1 for triceps? Shouldn't it be the other way?

good question

1. bicep curls - hit the bicep
2. tricep overheads - hit the tricep
3. hammer curls hit the forearm and the other parts of the arm

so those 3 movements seem to hit the whole arm the best

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2019, 08:26:29 PM »
Did your strength increase over the 3 months? Should people trying this method use heavier dumbbells when they can do more than 100 reps?

not really increase.... i have 5lb 10lbs 15lbs

so if you arent pumped to the max around rep 60 go up in weight.

try it for a week even, it feels amazing FYI and when you train in the gym (say shoulders next day) your arms pump up so fast

also even if you train arms that day.... still do the feeders

giant bicep freak eddie mozyan had a similar protocol he mentioned once on the show American Muscle - back in the espn days.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2019, 08:28:11 PM »
good question

Thanks bro.

I'll start this tonight and let everyone know the results

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2019, 08:35:46 PM »
Thanks bro.

I'll start this tonight and let everyone know the results

yes please give them a serious effort - try them every night and see how you feel. it adds no more than 10 minutes of your day.

also after you do them - learn to pose your arms, flex hard, hit an iron cross pose etc.

good luck to arm growth!

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2019, 09:16:49 PM »
What is the thinking for doing them at night right before bed? You seem to be very specific about this or maybe I was reading you wrong. Pumping up just before you go to sleep will get my heart rate going and it will take longer to relax enough to fall asleep.

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2019, 09:23:02 PM »
What is the thinking for doing them at night right before bed? You seem to be very specific about this or maybe I was reading you wrong. Pumping up just before you go to sleep will get my heart rate going and it will take longer to relax enough to fall asleep.

1, everyone has time before bed... lets be real. in the morning you are running to work, kids, whatever - right before bed is easy. easy to carve 10 minutes

even if you train the evening - still do feeders before bed. half of the time i am doing them in my bathrobe - again it is the last thing you before bedtime, my teeth are brushed and my next day is already planned .. the last thing :)

2. go to bed with a pump - gives you the pump while you sleep and you will train in the day so it gives you a pump all night and a longer you have a pump around the clock the better - you want blood flow in your arms all the time to make gains... so get the blood in there before bed

3. many go to bed with a negative mindset - not good to go bed unhappy or sad, so having a giant arm pump feels fucking amazing to go to bed with a good feeling - go to bed a winner, wake up a winner
3a. the final frontier in life is all mindset and many go to bed unhappy - having an arm pump will give you a good end to a day. seriously. why sigh, set an alarm and roll over with thoughts of fear and anxiety? go to bed feeling a champion and an arm pump

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2019, 10:40:53 PM »
yes please give them a serious effort - try them every night and see how you feel. it adds no more than 10 minutes of your day.

also after you do them - learn to pose your arms, flex hard, hit an iron cross pose etc.

good luck to arm growth!

Just finished the first night.

Pretty intense little workout but good pump.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2019, 12:27:31 AM »
Why 100reps ? Not 75 or 115 or 179 ?
Why 10lbs ? Not 7.25 or 12.75 or 17.371 ?
Why not a Rubber strech band ?

Did Sergio / Arnold / Roelly / Phil Thief
Do these as they all had / Got Huge arms

Could I Do a similar for Back or Legs or does it only work for arms.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2019, 01:08:26 AM »
1, everyone has time before bed... lets be real. in the morning you are running to work, kids, whatever - right before bed is easy. easy to carve 10 minutes

even if you train the evening - still do feeders before bed. half of the time i am doing them in my bathrobe - again it is the last thing you before bedtime, my teeth are brushed and my next day is already planned .. the last thing :)

2. go to bed with a pump - gives you the pump while you sleep and you will train in the day so it gives you a pump all night and a longer you have a pump around the clock the better - you want blood flow in your arms all the time to make gains... so get the blood in there before bed

3. many go to bed with a negative mindset - not good to go bed unhappy or sad, so having a giant arm pump feels fucking amazing to go to bed with a good feeling - go to bed a winner, wake up a winner
3a. the final frontier in life is all mindset and many go to bed unhappy - having an arm pump will give you a good end to a day. seriously. why sigh, set an alarm and roll over with thoughts of fear and anxiety? go to bed feeling a champion and an arm pump

You're pumped all the time. You're cumming all the time.  ;D

I tried it last night for delts and definitely got a very different feeling of muscle fatigue by about the 40 rep mark. Due to injury, I am pathetically weak on my delts so I don't even use weights but just use my other hand to apply resistance by pressing on my wrists. By about 75 reps even just raising my arm with no resistance was too hard so I had to assist (force reps -- lol) with my free hand to get to a hundred. Then I switched sides. I absolutely did feel a pump, not sore, but a pump and some tightness, all today along my side delts and upper traps.

Basile always accuses us of getting stuck in a rut and not wanting to try new things but this proves that if something seems credible and the proponent is credible as well, which you obviously are. So I'll give it an honest go.

Thanks for sharing this. I don't think most of us have heard of this. I've been training nonstop for over 45 years and it's nice to learn something new.

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2019, 01:39:56 AM »
Will start tonight and give it an honest go. I’m absolutely useless at high reps so probably not get 100 reps with 10lbs

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2019, 01:50:02 AM »
Will start tonight and give it an honest go. I’m absolutely useless at high reps so probably not get 100 reps with 10lbs

Do the hundred reps. I did single side laterals and by 75 reps I could only raise my arm using no weight at all and the last fifteen I could only raise my arm maybe 15 degrees and had to use my other hand to help me get my arm up to just above shoulder level.

Definitely a feeling in my muscles I have never experienced before.

Another thing that I think is worth mentioning is that because I was kind of pump and tight the next day it heighten my muscle awareness. I train so infrequently now, just twice a week, that after I'm out of the gym and have 2-3 days off I just kind of forget about it. Going through the day with that muscle awareness I think is probably a positive thing as I shake it out and stretch it throughout the day and don't just forget about it.

Thanks again, Tres Taco. I've been training longer than you've been alive and it's always exciting and refreshing to try something new. If it doesn't pan out, no big deal, I've just added to my level of experience; but imagine if I can continue to progress as I near 60 years old where sarcopenia is a real condition as you get older.

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2019, 01:53:43 AM »
Do the hundred reps. I did single side laterals and by 75 reps I could only raise my arm using no weight at all and the last fifteen I could only raise my arm maybe 15 degrees and had to use my other hand to help me get my arm up to just above shoulder level.

Definitely a feeling in my muscles I have never experienced before.

Another thing that I think is worth mentioning is that because I was kind of pump and tight the next day it heighten my muscle awareness. I train so infrequently now, just twice a week, that after I'm out of the gym and have 2-3 days off I just kind of forget about it. Going through the day with that muscle awareness I think is probably a positive thing as I shake it out and stretch it throughout the day and don't just forget about it.

Thanks again, Tres Taco. I've been training longer than you've been alive and it's always exciting and refreshing to try something new. If it doesn't pan out, no big deal, I've just added to my level of experience; but imagine if I can continue to progress as I near 60 years old where sarcopenia is a real condition as you get older.

I’ll give it my best shot mate I’m honestly thinking I’ll burn out at about 50, I’m absolutely terrible at high reps 95% of my my training is sets of 5. Also excited to give this a go

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2019, 02:09:33 AM »
I’ll give it my best shot mate I’m honestly thinking I’ll burn out at about 50, I’m absolutely terrible at high reps 95% of my my training is sets of 5. Also excited to give this a go

What makes it appealing to me is that I don't have to change or modify my usual protocol. I'm just adding to it. And because I don't train a lot and it's targetting a small muscle group I think the effect on my systemic recovery, which is what I'm most concerned with at my age, is negligible.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2019, 02:41:27 AM »
good question

These are exactly the exercises that I do.  Occasionally I will throw in some tricep kickbacks to mix it up.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2019, 03:20:59 AM »
Great post, OP.  I'll give this a try

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2019, 03:26:04 AM »
can hammer curls be exchanged for jerking off if your dick weigh 10 lb?

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2019, 03:39:34 AM »
I will start these feeder workouts as well.

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2019, 04:02:52 AM »
What makes it appealing to me is that I don't have to change or modify my usual protocol. I'm just adding to it. And because I don't train a lot and it's targetting a small muscle group I think the effect on my systemic recovery, which is what I'm most concerned with at my age, is negligible.

Same mate I like how normal training routine can remain unchanged and also keeping the dedicated “arm day” already have, I know these are considered a waste of a workout these days where full body, upper lower and push/pull/legs routines are touted as the way to go but I honestly arms shrink unless train them alone and fresh, will try this tonight but maybe using 5lb as ridiculous as it sounds I think I’ll have to start with that

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2019, 04:59:49 AM »
yea buddy, I live about 75 miles south of there (Scottsdale).

I go up often in the summertime, drive up, get some food, do a hike, have a coffee. the drive alone is so pretty. good way to spend a sunday

God I love that place. I go every year and I’ve gone in every season. Fall there is remarkable and those hikes are so cool. Even the Jeep rides were fun.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2019, 05:11:20 AM »
can hammer curls be exchanged for jerking off if your dick weigh 10 lb?

That depends on just what body part your're trying to Getbigger. ;D