Author Topic: who won in ufc tonight  (Read 7934 times)

FlexGuns

• Getbig III
who won in ufc tonight
« on: April 15, 2006, 10:43:06 PM »
so who won in UFC tonight,,,Ortiz or Griffin ,and Arlavaski or Sylvia?

staynatural

• Getbig II
  • Live Above the Influence!
Re: who won in ufc tonight
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2006, 10:54:22 PM »
I only saw the main event, but Sylvia won!  Ref stoppage in the 1st round.  DAMN..I had my $ on Arlovski.

FlexGuns

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2006, 10:59:35 PM »
wow,,thats a upset.

Eric15210

• Getbig IV
  • poor people are crazy I'm eccentric
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2006, 11:04:37 PM »
Tito won by decision - kind of boring fight just like Chuck Liddell predicted

Big Tim knocked Arlovski silly

RIP Bob Probert

torquemada

• Getbig IV
  • Billycarp ruled...
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2006, 07:37:44 AM »

Did you really think it was boring? I thought it was a rerally good fight...and a close ass decision.  I think Forrest will be a bigger star now than ever.

freeagain

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2006, 01:33:37 PM »

how tf did sylivia win that fight ??

arlovski knocked him on his ass ... then andrei went down in an unfortunate position with sylvia on top  throwin girly punches.

oh man ... andre  only lost cuz of that freak fall forward..... hell kill tim in a rematch.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2006, 02:53:16 PM »
how tf did sylivia win that fight ??

arlovski knocked him on his ass ... then andrei went down in an unfortunate position with sylvia on top  throwin girly punches.

oh man ... andre  only lost cuz of that freak fall forward..... hell kill tim in a rematch.

I'm still in shock over this one.  I can't believe that big oaf is the current UFC HW champ.

The Ortiz fight was awesome.  However, WTF happened to Tito in the 2nd round?
w

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2006, 04:11:58 PM »
Alovski went in to haphazrdly after rocking sylvia.  IMO Sylvia got a lucky defensive punch in and caught arlovski.  Pretty much fell on top of him and was able to get on his back.  Sloppy on Arlovsky's part.

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2006, 04:50:16 PM »
i just watched the ortiz/griffin fight.

great fight. cant figure out how the one judge gave all 3 rounds to tito ::).   forrest easily won that second round.
3rd round was close but i think with forrest looking busier and doing more work that one time on the ground he squeked out that round.

forrest probaly should have won but tito winning wasnt a "bad" call.

dont think tito will be so eager for a rematch

i really like griffin. guy has a great attitude and a lot of heart. he'll go far

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2006, 02:40:22 AM »
what a lot of bullshit excuses! Arlovski allowed Tim to get back up and in doing so, Tim threw a punch which by chance as much as anything connected perfectly. Arlovski couldnt defend himself because he was temporarily out, and Tim Sylvia did exactly what he did to Gan McGee.

Great fight when they started trading off, a rubber match is on the cards.......
Scouser on Tour

Nicole Weeks

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • All natural except for the 34D's
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2006, 04:32:14 AM »

Big Tim knocked Arlovski silly

I was on the edge of seat and screaming at the TV. Wasn't boring AT ALL because Forrest could have had it, but that's a discussion I'm moving to the Ortiz-Griffen thread because I have a HUGE "I told you so" to post.

Nicole Weeks

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • All natural except for the 34D's
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2006, 04:34:09 AM »

great fight. cant figure out how the one judge gave all 3 rounds to tito ::).   forrest easily won that second round.
3rd round was close but i think with forrest looking busier and doing more work that one time on the ground he squeked out that round.

i really like griffin. guy has a great attitude and a lot of heart. he'll go far

Would not have been cool for Tito to lose to a TUF guy is his big comeback match. That and they were in California for the big UFC comeback. However, Forrest understands and feels truly accomplished that he has proved himself as a real fighter and not just the guy who won the reality TV show.

slippediskmountian

• Getbig IV
  • absolute power corrupts absolutely
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2006, 06:52:02 AM »

great fight. cant figure out how the one judge gave all 3 rounds to tito ::).   forrest easily won that second round.

when i first watched the fight i thought forrest won ... but after watching it again i saw tito got the better of him in the standup in 1&3, his jabs were about as crisp as forrests loopy hooks and he landed more of em (almost every time forrst stepped in he got tagged himself)

forrest sprawled really well, but he still got taken down 3 times and took a vicious beating the first 2 ... he was alot closer to getting finished and looked alot worse for wear than tito

the 30/27 judge was on crack or scored the first round as a 10/8 maybe??

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2006, 07:46:22 AM »
yeah i agree about that one, i figured he must have marked in 10-8, 10-10, 10-9 for Tito

Almost as ridiculous as the judge who marked Sherk 30-27 over Diaz
Scouser on Tour

bigbalddaddy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2006, 09:46:35 AM »
yeah i agree about that one, i figured he must have marked in 10-8, 10-10, 10-9 for Tito

LOL!!! The 30-27 over Diaz was a joke too.  After watching the Forrest/Tito fight I have to agree with the decision but 10-8 in the first was a little hard to swallow since he wasn't hurt at all, although it was 100% agression by Tito and lets not forget that Forrest was actively dodging alot of the those punches/covering up somewhat good.

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2006, 12:00:54 PM »

thats what i thought might be the case ( 10-8 1st round) but even that is crap. sure tito controlled most of the round and cut forrest but no real damage and forrest was never really in trouble of being out.
just gotta chalk it up to bad judging

staynatural

• Getbig II
  • Live Above the Influence!
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2006, 09:39:27 PM »
Alovski went in to haphazrdly after rocking sylvia.  IMO Sylvia got a lucky defensive punch in and caught arlovski.  Pretty much fell on top of him and was able to get on his back.  Sloppy on Arlovsky's part.

I totally agree with you here.  Arlovski should've pounced on Sylvia once he was down.  After watching the replay, it reminded me of Fedor vs. Fujita.  Arlovski had an PERFECT opportunity for a rear choke.  I don't see why he didn't take it!  I guess that's what's serparates the good fromt the great.  War Arlovski in defeat and war FEDOR period!

slippediskmountian

• Getbig IV
  • absolute power corrupts absolutely
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2006, 11:56:42 AM »
actually, sylvia had arlovski's leg hooked so he couldnt take back (and i doubt he could get a rear choke off on tim with no hooks)