Author Topic: Stock Market discussion  (Read 51430 times)

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
Re: Stock Market discussion
« Reply #400 on: May 18, 2021, 08:11:39 AM »
Wal Mart has its issues but as the only large company to be able to compete with untaxed chicom propped Amazon, this is good stuff.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #401 on: May 25, 2021, 10:16:52 PM »
I guess no one else sees it, but to me it looks like a pennant that's ready breakout.  Bull or a bear? If it's bullish we could end up seeing a once in a lifetime gamma squeeze. I'm putting some FOMO money down!

look into the earnings of gamestop etc, and its PE ratio, before you invest in it.

Nobody believes in that sort of thing anymore, haha. TSLA...cough, hack...

Bullish breakout for gamestop

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #402 on: May 26, 2021, 02:33:09 AM »
Playing the markets is a lot like unprotected sex, you just have to know when to pull out.

Not just that - you need to be careful about what you even stick it into in the first place. It may seem like fun at the time, only to be very painful in hindsight.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #403 on: May 26, 2021, 03:40:17 AM »
Not just that - you need to be careful about what you even stick it into in the first place. It may seem like fun at the time, only to be very painful in hindsight.

Sticking it into a company that has no debts, 10 million plus pre-existing customer base. Pivoting away from bricks and mortar into ecommerce and digital. Has lured big names away Amazon, Google and Facebook to make the pivot. Expanding operations globally. Pioneering the use of NFTs for digital games resale which will see money flow back to developers. Developers who now can't wait to come on board and provide exclusives. Also making moves in esports and streaming.

They will potentially kill off Steam/Valve, Twitch and can undercut amazon on the ecommerce side. The possible Overstock type naked short selling situation, NFT dividends and resulting squeeze would just be an added bonus. My only regret is that I didn't stick more in! Watch it jump another 15% today

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #404 on: May 26, 2021, 09:09:33 PM »
Sticking it into a company that has no debts, 10 million plus pre-existing customer base. Pivoting away from bricks and mortar into ecommerce and digital. Has lured big names away Amazon, Google and Facebook to make the pivot. Expanding operations globally. Pioneering the use of NFTs for digital games resale which will see money flow back to developers. Developers who now can't wait to come on board and provide exclusives. Also making moves in esports and streaming.

They will potentially kill off Steam/Valve, Twitch and can undercut amazon on the ecommerce side. The possible Overstock type naked short selling situation, NFT dividends and resulting squeeze would just be an added bonus. My only regret is that I didn't stick more in! Watch it jump another 15% today

Up 15.71% yesterday

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #405 on: May 27, 2021, 04:13:53 AM »
Up 15.71% yesterday

LOL that gif cracks me up everytime!

Good work on that pick.

I shuffled my shitbag alts around, mostly in EOS for the moment.

So much for this Bitcoin crash, we ended up only down to 36k and now ranging.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #406 on: May 28, 2021, 08:33:42 AM »

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #407 on: June 02, 2021, 10:01:02 AM »
Right, all these young people buying tulips are on to something big.

This time it's different.  The old rules don't apply.

Tulips just blossomed again

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #408 on: June 08, 2021, 04:54:46 AM »
Right, all these young people buying tulips are on to something big.

This time it's different.  The old rules don't apply.

How's your portfolio looking vs the Tulips?

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • “Always do what you are afraid to do.” - Emerson
« Reply #409 on: June 08, 2021, 07:24:48 AM »

Getbig billionaire here.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #410 on: June 08, 2021, 07:32:35 AM »
Getbig billionaire here.

So living in your mums basement?

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #411 on: June 08, 2021, 07:33:58 AM »
So living in your mums basement?

Even got a mini-fridge.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #412 on: June 08, 2021, 07:47:01 AM »
Anyone got a good stock to buy right now?

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #413 on: June 08, 2021, 08:24:35 AM »
Reposting this here.

>

Done quite a bit of reading about crypto and I believe crypto will be recognized one day as a legitimate medium of exchange.

That day is not here yet.  You don't go into WalMart and pay with crypto as far as I know.  Do you?

I was in WalMart yesterday and didn't see the crypto pay option.  Someday it might be there.

Right now it is pure speculation.

If you truly consider it to be currency, then what you are doing is currency speculation.

Pros make a lot of money with currency speculation.  Also speculating in metals, corn futures, other commodities, etc.

Nothing new about that.  A few will get rich which is what happens with speculating in things to get rich.

Remember "Day Trading"?  When was that?  About 10-12 years ago?  Everybody was going to get rich being a day trader.

My neighbor told me he was doing it.  Didn't work out for him.  His wife later booted him out of the house.

Some got wealthy with day trading.  Mainly the people teaching day trading to suckers like my neighbor.

Anybody old enough to remember the "airplane"?  You bought a seat on the imaginary airplane for $3,000 and moved up every time another sucker bought a seat.  When you got to first class and then got off the plane you collected like $50,000 or something. 

That was a hot one back in the 1980s.

Most will not speculate successfully and lose as there is only so much to go around.  Which is why new crypto types are being created all the time.  Something new to sell the suckers.  So give it a shot if you dare.  I'm not saying you can't be the one lightning hits.

You have to find someone willing to pay more for what you paid someone else more for.

This is called the...

Greater Fool Theory
By Adam Hayes

The greater fool theory argues that prices go up because people are able to sell overpriced securities to a "greater fool," whether or not they are overvalued. That is, of course, until there are no greater fools left.

Investing, according to the greater fool theory, means ignoring valuations, earnings reports, and all the other data. Ignoring the fundamentals is, of course, risky; and so people subscribing to the greater fool theory could be left holding the bag after a correction.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #414 on: June 08, 2021, 08:32:12 AM »
Anyone got a good stock to buy right now?

I wouldn't say it's a good time to buy anything right now as valuations are very high.

If you are investing small amounts over time buy this...available as an ETF or mutual fund.

https://www.morningstar.com/funds/xnas/vtsmx/quote

bigkid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #415 on: June 08, 2021, 09:23:53 AM »
Bought 1500 shares of CLOV yesterday as a goof. 

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #416 on: June 08, 2021, 09:30:51 AM »

Looks great in artificially inflated market

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #417 on: June 08, 2021, 11:43:56 AM »
This is an excellent article about all of the printed money going into intangible assets which keeps inflation from running away.

Somebody is getting the money, just not the people with the carrot on a stick promises.

https://brucewilds.blogspot.com/2021/06/investments-in-intangible-assets-have.html

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #418 on: June 08, 2021, 12:53:31 PM »
This is an excellent article about all of the printed money going into intangible assets which keeps inflation from running away.

Somebody is getting the money, just not the people with the carrot on a stick promises.

https://brucewilds.blogspot.com/2021/06/investments-in-intangible-assets-have.html

A lot of money being soaked up by people overpaying for real estate right now.

Same thing happened prior to the last debacle in 2008.  All those people bought at the top and when the economy hit the skids they owed more than the house was worth and went under.

Real estate values dropped by a third or more.  Same thing is going to happen soon and foreclosures are going to be plentiful.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #419 on: June 08, 2021, 01:53:25 PM »
I wouldn't say it's a good time to buy anything right now as valuations are very high.

If you are investing small amounts over time buy this...available as an ETF or mutual fund.

https://www.morningstar.com/funds/xnas/vtsmx/quote

Thanks IroNat

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #420 on: June 08, 2021, 08:45:39 PM »

Same thing happened prior to the last debacle in 2008.  All those people bought at the top and when the economy hit the skids they owed more than the house was worth and went under.

Real estate values dropped by a third or more.  Same thing is going to happen soon and foreclosures are going to be plentiful.

It's interesting that everybody was flush with free cash for a fixed amount of time..and then poof - it's all gone to the hands that arranged to have it printed in the first place. 

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #421 on: June 09, 2021, 02:23:16 AM »

The only ones fucked where the ones getting loans that had no business or good kredit for having such loans. Alot didn't even have a job.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #422 on: June 09, 2021, 04:14:58 AM »
Just heard on the news that new and used car sales are through the roof.

Prices are up.

Supposedly the chip shortage is driving up new car prices.

More at 11.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #423 on: June 09, 2021, 04:17:46 AM »
The only ones fucked where the ones getting loans that had no business or good kredit for having such loans. Alot didn't even have a job.

Good points.  They were not the only ones who got in trouble though.

If you buy at the top with a mortgage, which is most people, and the market tanks you are stuck upside down in your house.

It's a lousy feeling.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #424 on: June 10, 2021, 01:21:26 AM »