Author Topic: Rambo Last Blood Red Band Teaser  (Read 118082 times)

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
Re: Rambo Last Blood Red Band Teaser
« Reply #50 on: September 22, 2019, 05:51:02 PM »
The leftists find it despicable and gratuitous in violence. I found it enjoyable and satisfying.

Rather watch 4 hours of dances with wolves or titanic with sf1900

sarcafago

• Getbig III
  • Keep your whip hand strong.
« Reply #51 on: September 22, 2019, 07:14:54 PM »
Stallone, co writer of last blood, confirms its his "adopted" family.Maybe try a simpler movie to understand next time?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtbjHwTnhK1/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_mid=XYYytQABAAGqotwQ1y2IMHsjgnad&utm_campaign=dlfix

WoogsRaven

• Getbig III
  • Whisper sumthin nice and I'll make ya scream twice
« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2019, 07:42:39 PM »
It’s obviously not meant to be a cinematic masterpiece.

I enjoyed it for what it was.

Same..I didn't over think it....I'm 45 years old...God bless Rambo...Long live Rambo!..I enjoyed...

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #53 on: September 22, 2019, 09:09:10 PM »
His name was John J Rambo, and he killed a lot of wetbacks (mainly in the last 10 minutes).

I just saw this, and it's a 5/10 film. Decent enough for a watch, but I wouldn't go out of my way to see it. It really is the worst Rambo in terms of plot, actors, pacing, dialogue, etc.... It is not racist or xenophobic though, it watches much like a c grade actioneer from 90's era late night HBO or Showtime.

Spoiler Break.

Act 1 -

Film opens as most traditional Rambo films do.

Rambo is now old, living on the family ranch in borderlands Arizona. He wants to be left in solitude, only occasionally leaving the ranch to do search and rescue work, or play in his series of tunnels under the ranch ( yes, he has a tunnel rat's maze under the ranch ). His only companions are the family's Mexican maid, and her grand daughter, who is sort of like Rambo's adoptive niece/daughter.

Fast fwd. Rambo's niece is off to college, but before that, she wants to reconnect with her neer-do-well daddy, who ran off to Mexico. Her guide is a long lost friend turned Mexican gang girl (who looks like an extra from Mi Vida Loca). Her daddy disowns owns her, and she is sold to a pimp (yes it happens that fast) by her friend.  

Pimp #1 sells her to a pair of super pimp brothers (yes, actual brothers), who run brothels around Mexico. Meanwhile Rambo hears she's lost in Mexico, cuts up Pimp #1 till he finds out where she is. He is captured planning his assault on the Brothers's whorehouse. They beat,  slash him, and leave him for dead in the street. But he's rescued and nursed back to health by a reporter who noticed him nosing around.

------------

Act 2 (film about 2/3rds over) -

The pimping brothers hook Rambo's niece on heroin, slash her face, and put her in a high traffic whorehouse as revenge for bringing Rambo to Mexico. Rambo awakes out of a 4 day coma, finds out where she's held, raids the the whorehouse with a claw hammer, and saves her. But on the way back, she dies of shock or a heroin overdose (this isn't clear). He sneaks her body back on to the ranch and holds a funeral attended by friends (how the Border Patrol, State Department, etc.... never find out is anyone's guess).

Rambo rigs up his tunnels with SAW style booby traps, and heads down to Mexico to challenge them to a showdown at Rancho Del Rambo, killing one of the brothers in a cute, but forgettable scene.

---------------

Act three (last 10 - 15 minutes) -

Remaining Pimp brother leads a convoy of 20ish killers to the ranch and into the tunnels where they are killed in various ways (accompanied by a Doors soundtrack ::) ). Rambo is seriously wounded, climbs up onto his porch, sits in a rocking chair, and probably dies.

The end.

Stray thought - Stallone's facial surgery is starting to look bad on screen. He moves great for a 70+ year old man, but when you see a close up of his face (of which there are many), the fillers, etc.... are disturbing.  

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #54 on: September 22, 2019, 10:57:03 PM »

Would love to share a tub of popcorn with you while cuddling under a warm blanket.
X

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: September 23, 2019, 01:15:50 AM »
His name was John J Rambo, and he killed a lot of wetbacks (mainly in the last 10 minutes).

I just saw this, and it's a 5/10 film. Decent enough for a watch, but I wouldn't go out of my way to see it. It really is the worst Rambo in terms of plot, actors, pacing, dialogue, etc.... It is not racist or xenophobic though, it watches much like a c grade actioneer from 90's era late night HBO or Showtime.

Spoiler Break.

Act 1 -

Film opens as most traditional Rambo films do.

Rambo is now old, living on the family ranch in borderlands Arizona. He wants to be left in solitude, only occasionally leaving the ranch to do search and rescue work, or play in his series of tunnels under the ranch ( yes, he has a tunnel rat's maze under the ranch ). His only companions are the family's Mexican maid, and her grand daughter, who is sort of like Rambo's adoptive niece/daughter.

Fast fwd. Rambo's niece is off to college, but before that, she wants to reconnect with her neer-do-well daddy, who ran off to Mexico. Her guide is a long lost friend turned Mexican gang girl (who looks like an extra from Mi Vida Loca). Her daddy disowns owns her, and she is sold to a pimp (yes it happens that fast) by her friend.  

Pimp #1 sells her to a pair of super pimp brothers (yes, actual brothers), who run brothels around Mexico. Meanwhile Rambo hears she's lost in Mexico, cuts up Pimp #1 till he finds out where she is. He is captured planning his assault on the Brothers's whorehouse. They beat,  slash him, and leave him for dead in the street. But he's rescued and nursed back to health by a reporter who noticed him nosing around.

------------

Act 2 (film about 2/3rds over) -

The pimping brothers hook Rambo's niece on heroin, slash her face, and put her in a high traffic whorehouse as revenge for bringing Rambo to Mexico. Rambo awakes out of a 4 day coma, finds out where she's held, raids the the whorehouse with a claw hammer, and saves her. But on the way back, she dies of shock or a heroin overdose (this isn't clear). He sneaks her body back on to the ranch and holds a funeral attended by friends (how the Border Patrol, State Department, etc.... never find out is anyone's guess).

Rambo rigs up his tunnels with SAW style booby traps, and heads down to Mexico to challenge them to a showdown at Rancho Del Rambo, killing one of the brothers in a cute, but forgettable scene.

---------------

Act three (last 10 - 15 minutes) -

Remaining Pimp brother leads a convoy of 20ish killers to the ranch and into the tunnels where they are killed in various ways (accompanied by a Doors soundtrack ::) ). Rambo is seriously wounded, climbs up onto his porch, sits in a rocking chair, and probably dies.

The end.

Stray thought - Stallone's facial surgery is starting to look bad on screen. He moves great for a 70+ year old man, but when you see a close up of his face (of which there are many), the fillers, etc.... are disturbing.  

Apparently after the end credits be rides away on his horse.Stallone has said there are more rambos coming.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #56 on: September 23, 2019, 01:35:42 AM »
Wasnt his daughter, was just an old friend and her grandaughter that he became close to and took in.

But he became more of a father for her than her biological one.

To Rambo, he probably acted like she was his daughter, and cared as much.
Q

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: September 23, 2019, 02:25:07 AM »
But he became more of a father for her than her biological one.

To Rambo, he probably acted like she was his daughter, and cared as much.

absolutely, this was rambos surrogate family.Either way I feel we have drifted too deep analysing this very average movie.Next we need to look at the political themes in taken 3 and what comment The Transporter 4 makes on the role of women in society  ;D

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #58 on: September 23, 2019, 03:14:52 AM »
absolutely, this was rambos surrogate family.Either way I feel we have drifted too deep analysing this very average movie.Next we need to look at the political themes in taken 3 and what comment The Transporter 4 makes on the role of women in society  ;D

I'd love to, in a true Getbig-fashion of course.

The analysis brings us Getbig-Members closer and in the end we might come to a common ground and deeper understanding of what makes the world what it is.

And can appreciate eachother more as well.

Our nuances, our differencies, but also similarities as well.

What makes Army of One tick? What makes Pellius tick(cheeseburgers)?  What makes Goodrum tick(whitebois ensnared in fishnetstockings over his bed as he is shouting "HOMEWRECKER")?
Q

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #59 on: September 23, 2019, 04:03:21 PM »
Would love to share a tub of popcorn with you while cuddling under a warm blanket.

Would love for that popcorn to be a bit buttery and while sitting next to the fireplace

Randomum

• Getbig III
« Reply #60 on: September 23, 2019, 06:02:51 PM »
Heard it was Rambo kills a bunch of mexicans. Liked the last one he did in Myanmar or whatever but not sure I can get into this one.

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: September 23, 2019, 06:05:11 PM »
You're an imbecile. Rambo 4 was the best of the entire franchise.
If you are braindead or want nothing but gore then it was great.

You are probably both of those.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: September 26, 2019, 01:01:50 PM »
Last night I attended a screening.

Was VERY excited.

The film did not disappoint.

I particularly like how he was shown to revert to his Green Beret “gorilla warfare” style with his utilization of his tunnels, as he had done in First Blood, only then in the forest.

Those filthy Mexicans messed with the wrong feller. Wow.

I love when he says (and I paraphrase), “I could have killed you 10 times over ...” to the second brother. (Harkening back to his First Blood “I-could-have-killed-them-all” pronouncement). Minutes before, literally, cutting out his heart. And he facilitated his slicing with the use of his trusty bow-and-arrow.

Rambo remains the most stunningly powerful “combat soldier” in cinema history.

Instant buy when it becomes available on DVD.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: September 26, 2019, 01:10:30 PM »

Was VERY excited.

I particularly like how he was shown to revert to his Green Beret “gorilla warfare” style with his utilization of his tunnels, as he had done in First Blood, only then in the forest.

I love when he says (and I paraphrase), “I could have killed you 10 times over ...” to the second brother. (Harkening back to his First Blood “I-could-have-killed-them-all” pronouncement). Minutes before, literally, cutting out his heart. And he facilitated his slicing with the use of his trusty bow-and-arrow.

DVD, fucking hell, where do you live Kazakhstan?

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: September 26, 2019, 01:14:39 PM »
DVD, fucking hell, where do you live Kazakhstan?

I’m oldschool, brother. Proudly.

Buy mountains of CDs, too.

Fuck this modern world.

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: September 26, 2019, 06:14:33 PM »

Was VERY excited.

Which one do you prefer, Last Blood or the previous one based in Burma?  That 50 cal scene is hard to beat.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: September 27, 2019, 05:44:10 PM »
Which one do you prefer, Last Blood or the previous one based in Burma?  That 50 cal scene is hard to beat.

I prefer Rambo, but this newest one is really good, too.

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: September 27, 2019, 05:59:50 PM »

Why not, 'English patient'   :)

(so bloody boooriiing)

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: September 27, 2019, 06:12:39 PM »

You wont find a person alive who prefers last blood to rambo 4, as far as action movies go, the gulf between them is big.

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: September 27, 2019, 06:17:29 PM »
You wont find a person alive who prefers last blood to rambo 4, as far as action movies go, the gulf between them is big.

Agreed.  Rambo IV was as badass as they come.

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #70 on: September 27, 2019, 08:49:08 PM »
 ;D  ;D
Great movie..
A lot of blood and gore..
2 thumbs up!!
 ;D  ;D

WoogsRaven

• Getbig III
« Reply #71 on: September 29, 2019, 01:46:48 PM »
Apparently, there are two different theater versions..The one I saw didn't show the first 10 minutes...where John is a volunteer tracker, rescuing people caught in in a flood...but man....the scene that takes place outside of the nightclub....he jams his blade into the dude's thigh and digs his hand into the clavicle bone and snaps it with his bare hand...brutal and very satisfying to watch! That scene wasn't shown on the international version, I don't believe.

kreator

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #72 on: September 29, 2019, 02:00:39 PM »
watched it last night. Entertainment. Nothing special just an enjoyable movie. It would have been great if Rambo had bursted through the wooden door that led into the tunnels (in slow motion) with the machine gun (used in earlier movies) and started shooting the tresspassers. They should've also used the original themesong composed by Jerry goldsmith somewhere in the film

WoogsRaven

• Getbig III
« Reply #73 on: September 29, 2019, 02:12:05 PM »
watched it last night. Entertainment. Nothing special just an enjoyable movie. It would have been great if Rambo had bursted through the wooden door that led into the tunnels (in slow motion) with the machine gun (used in earlier movies) and started shooting the tresspassers. They should've also used the original themesong composed by Jerry goldsmith somewhere in the film

Those tunnel kills were awesome. But a little bullshit, though....Anybody with half a brain would know better than to chase somebody down an unknown underground tunnel, especially after Rambo ignites a perimeter explosion in front of his home...LOL

Svengoolie

• Getbig IV
« Reply #74 on: September 30, 2019, 04:48:32 PM »
Apparently, there are two different theater versions..The one I saw didn't show the first 10 minutes...where John is a volunteer tracker, rescuing people caught in in a flood...but man....the scene that takes place outside of the nightclub....he jams his blade into the dude's thigh and digs his hand into the clavicle bone and snaps it with his bare hand...brutal and very satisfying to watch! That scene wasn't shown on the international version, I don't believe.

I think the International version might also be slightly censored though. I noticed when I watched it online the "coup de gras" that Rambo delivers was edited from what we saw here in the states.