Author Topic: Call someone an "illegal immigrant" in New York gets you a fine up to $250,000  (Read 9531 times)

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
But you just have to say "illegal immigrant" in a mean or derogatory way.

How do the people of the Left live with themselves knowing they are trying to destroy this country.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/say-illegal-alien-in-new-york-city-and-now-youll-pay-a-250k-fine

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
Wow. I heard NYC has some insane transgender language laws/fines in place too.

Exactly how is "derogatory" defined? If I posit a correlation between illegal immigration and violent crime, is that "derogatory", as opposed to making a factual observation?

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
Honk Honk!

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V

How do the people of the Left live with themselves knowing they are trying to destroy this country.

Can U call someone mr.safety fat in NY  ;D

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
What if they immigrated illegally?  ???

anvil

• Getbig IV
I call New Yorkers "fags." 

Why would they consider calling someone an illegal immigrant detrimental since they worship them anyway

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Illegal immigrant is acceptable, its illegal alien thats not.

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
Another libtard embarrassment....

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Hannity is going to owe a lot of money.

Marvin Martian

• Getbig IV
Illegal immigrant is acceptable, its illegal alien thats not.

Well - you don’t know what it’s like man. Being an alien is fckn tough - so you don’t get an opinion. We are fckn sick of you humans calling us illegal!! It’s a free solar system g’dammit!!

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
These Progressive pukes will never stop pushing.

From 2 years ago here in CA:

SB 219, which passed the State Assembly on September 12 and has already passed
the Senate, proposes to fine or jail employees of long-term or intermediate care
facilities who repeatedly and willfully refuse to use a preferred gender pronoun:

https://thefederalist.com/2017/09/15/california-legislature-passes-bill-punish-elder-care-workers-dont-use-trans-pronouns/

Primemuscle

• Getbig V

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/say-illegal-alien-in-new-york-city-and-now-youll-pay-a-250k-fine

What is your ethnic heritage? Are you, Hawaiian, Korean, Japanese, Chinese, Samoan, East Indian, etc? Clearly from your photos you are not even 50% Anglo Saxon/caucasian. Do you discriminate against Haoles? Are you a racist? Are you a hipocryte?  

Fortress

• Getbig V
The left won’t be satisfied until any and every semblance of freedom has vanished, lives of relative safety and peace is extinguished, economic independence is history, and our very lands have been reduced to nightmarish (globalized) regions of chaos, bloodshed and misery.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
What is your ethnic heritage? Are you, Hawaiian, Korean, Japanese, Chinese, Samoan, East Indian, etc? Clearly from your photos you are not even 50% Anglo Saxon/caucasian. Do you discriminate against Haoles? Are you a racist? Are you a hipocryte?  

What on earth does my ethnicity have to do with anything? Why is that important to you? Are you a racist? Do you believe the government should pass laws controlling what you can say in your private life? And why are you using the word "haole" when you have nothing to do with the Hawaiian culture? Cut the pretense and talk how you normally do.

TheShape.

• Getbig V
You can be non white and still a legal citizen of the United States Prime.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
Do you believe the government should pass laws controlling what you can say in your private life?

This law isn't about what people say in their private life. It's about how businesses and service providers interact with clients. Saying "illegal immigrant" has to be combined with an unjustified denial of service for this law to apply.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
This law isn't about what people say in their private life. It's about how businesses and service providers interact with clients. Saying "illegal immigrant" has to be combined with an unjustified denial of service for this law to apply.

its about saying "alien" not "immigrant"

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
its about saying "alien" not "immigrant"

typo, but the point still stands. It's a law aimed at service providers/ businesses who deny service illegally.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
typo, but the point still stands. It's a law aimed at service providers/ businesses who deny service illegally.

shouldnt business and service providers be able to pick and choose who they provide a service to?

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
You can be non white and still a legal citizen of the United States Prime.

The way Prime has been acting, i'm thinking Pellius is more american than him.
Q

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
What on earth does my ethnicity have to do with anything? Why is that important to you? Are you a racist? Do you believe the government should pass laws controlling what you can say in your private life? And why are you using the word "haole" when you have nothing to do with the Hawaiian culture? Cut the pretense and talk how you normally do.

Some people discriminate against others because of their ethnicity. I am not one of them. During WWII American citizens some of whom lived in Hawaii and who happened to also be Japanese or even part Japanese were interned.

I know the meaning of the discriminatory term haole because my daughter, son-in-law and grandson lived in Hawaii for five years. Being white, they were haole.

How can the average person know who is or isn't an illegal immigrant? The answer is they can't know. They assume this because person looks different and/or speaks a different language. Currently, the focus is on people who illegally enter this country when they cross the border between the U.S. and Mexico. Most of them appear to be Latino. Not all South American people living in U.S. are here illegally.

Yes, I believe there should continue to be laws against slander and defamation of character. Laws are proposed and enacted by legislators (the government).

How do I normally talk in your opinion?

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
shouldnt business and service providers be able to pick and choose who they provide a service to?

In certain instances, they can. Should they have free reign to discriminate based on race, age, religion, etc? IMO, no, currently they legally can't and that's not what the topic of this thread is about. Thread title makes false claim that it's a fineable offense to call someone an illegal immigrant/alien in NYC. That's not the case.

longtimereader

• Getbig II

If I'm a business owner and refuse to hire someone because they are an illegal alien, do I get fined? Am I discriminating and should be fined?

If I'm a bank and I don't give a credit card to an illegal alien, Am I discriminating and should be fined?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
The way Prime has been acting, i'm thinking Pellius is more american than him.

And how's that? Explain.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
In certain instances, they can. Should they have free reign to discriminate based on race, age, religion, etc? IMO, no, currently they legally can't and that's not what the topic of this thread is about. Thread title makes false claim that it's a fineable offense to call someone an illegal immigrant/alien in NYC. That's not the case.

it being illegal doesnt stop it happening, thing is, even if it were legal to do, companies would never admit to doing it because they would go out of busines very soon

Its a nonsense law