Author Topic: Jones jones lost  (Read 3586 times)

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
Re: Jones jones lost
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2020, 03:18:28 PM »
*the championship rounds 4 and 5 are worth more points. I cannot find this rule?

That's funny.  :D

It's also funny to hear Dana White saying that fights are "about damage".  That's simply not true.  These are matches based on points that are given for things like take-downs, submission attempts, and total number of strikes, including significant strikes [we can't measure "damage", so one massive punch versus three small punches can't be given to the massive punch, since we can't objectively measure "damage" using our current tools/eyes].

This entire video was good, as was the longer full press conference [which I decided to include below too, since it's worth watching].

Georges St-Pierre said that he felt the 5th round was the "decisive round".  Not sure if he just meant that he felt the fight was 2-2 going in, and the 5th round sealed the deal for him.  UFC 167 was either 48-47 for Hendricks or 48-47 for St-Pierre.  I've watched that fight dozens of times by now, and I would give it 48-47 to Johny Hendricks [winning rounds 1, 3, 5].  I also think all rounds for both fighters were 10-9 rounds.  I don't think there would have been any 10-8 rounds.  MAYBE the 2nd round...but even then, I would say 10-9 for Hendricks.

GSP talks about the 5th round being the "decisive round" at 3:20 of this video:

Full Post-UFC 167 Press Conference - it starts just after the 12 minute mark:

D.O.A.

• Getbig IV
  • Revenge is a dish best served ice cold
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2020, 06:22:36 PM »
Do you remember Ironage Getbig poster arce1988?

Arce cornered Karo Parisyan at UFC 46, for his decision loss against Georges St-Pierre, in St-Pierre's first ever UFC fight, in Las Vegas.

Arce said - never leave the fight result in the hands of the judges!!
Yes but Karo lost. Only the first round was close. From that point on he got his ass beat and run out of air. True is, the only way to win this fight would have been to ko GSP. Great fight none less, nonstop action

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2020, 06:32:25 PM »
GSP and Hendricks was the worst decision I have ever seen in MMA, GSP got pounded to a pulp, don king couldn't have rigged that decision any better.