Author Topic: Jones jones lost  (Read 3592 times)

20inch calves

• Getbig V
Jones jones lost
« on: February 09, 2020, 10:00:58 AM »
Terrible judging..that is all
irongearco.com

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Re: Jones jones lost
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2020, 10:02:35 AM »

Was terrible judging overall on that godcursed event.
Q

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2020, 10:11:31 AM »

I had reyes 3-2 easily...what do u think
irongearco.com

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2020, 10:16:33 AM »

I have a lot to say about that, lol.  Both directly in the post linked below, and earlier in the same thread as the post linked below:

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=661311.msg9346956#msg9346956

Agreed - it was much of the event that was judged poorly.  The commentators even said that.  They made a comment something to the effect "You don't want to leave it in the hands of these judges."

I had reyes 3-2 easily...what do u think

A 48-47 sweep for either fighter would have been fine with me.

But had Reyes gotten the same scores that Jones got [48-47 from two judges, and a third judge scoring it 49-46], I would have accepted that better than the current scoring breakdown, with the one lone judge giving Jones 4 rounds to 1.

Heck, I could have even handled all three judges giving Reyes 49-46!

Was it only round five that absolutely, definitively went to Jones?  I seem to recall thinking that round three, which was given to Jones by all three judges, could have been scored to Reyes.  In other words, it wasn't a complete domination of a round by Jones or anything.

I'm not saying that 49-46 Reyes would have been the most fair, but I would have only found it slightly more unfair than the current decision.

A 48-47 Reyes victory would have been fine.  Anything more in Reyes favour than that would have been a bit of an injustice...but this card had many fights which were a bit of an injustice.  :-\ :-X

Atlas pump

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2020, 10:37:36 AM »
If the fight is even or has small differences then the reigning champion usually wins.

Think the mr Olympia. Same thing.

Reyes didnt beat him enough to win. Plus jones completely.mauled and controlled the entire fight.  Sure in the beggining Reyes had a alot of energy and explosiveness? But by the mid-end it was evident he was going to lose if they had more then five rounds

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2020, 10:40:51 AM »
never leave it up to the judges.. if you do, you cant complain about the loss

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2020, 10:45:05 AM »

No, Jon landed more but every fighter knows not to leave it in the judges hand....knock him out or submit him
A

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2020, 10:47:54 AM »

Do you remember Ironage Getbig poster arce1988?

Arce cornered Karo Parisyan at UFC 46, for his decision loss against Georges St-Pierre, in St-Pierre's first ever UFC fight, in Las Vegas.

Arce said - never leave the fight result in the hands of the judges!!

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2020, 10:51:59 AM »

never leave the fight result in the hands of the judges!!

Dumb quote

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2020, 01:42:17 PM »
During the prelims Rogan was complaining that the judges weren't even watching the fight.

Marvin Martian

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2020, 01:47:42 PM »

No, Jon landed more but every fighter knows not to leave it in the judges hand....knock him out or submit him

You know a lot about this from experience huh? Lol

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2020, 04:48:19 PM »
I scored it 3 rounds to 2 in favour of reyes, but have no problem with Jones winning he closed the fight out and the third round was close enough, real issue i I think if Reyes had even won the last round they still would have given it to Jones. You have to fight those championship rounds not defend your lead when your the challenger. Great fight.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2020, 04:49:19 PM »
During the prelims Rogan was complaining that the judges weren't even watching the fight.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8WzsN-p5SE/?utm_source=ig_embed
Q

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2020, 04:57:22 PM »
You know a lot about this from experience huh? Lol

Haha yes. Vince is quite the expert in all areas of life.

His mma knowledge is on par with his financial mastery.

harmankardon1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2020, 05:27:44 PM »

This^

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2020, 06:01:42 PM »
Usually it’s the hebrews who say jones won

Same ones that say Kobe didn’t “rape nobodies”  ;D

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2020, 06:45:22 PM »
So who's next for Martyn Ford after he beat Jones?!  ;D

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2020, 06:48:06 PM »
Usually it’s the hebrews who say jones won

Same ones that say Kobe didn’t “rape nobodies”  ;D
Or that Simpson is innocent  ;D

I was at a fast food restaurant a few years ago and the dindu's working behind the counter were talking about Simpson. The dindurette said to her dindu coworker that the whole show was bullshit since everyone knew Simpson was innocent! HAHA!

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2020, 06:49:11 PM »
Are you black?  ;D

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2020, 08:38:18 PM »
3-2 Reyes but on the internet i have learned:

*walking forward wins points vs walking backwards. I cannot find this rule?
*the championship rounds 4 and 5 are worth more points. I cannot find this rule?
*if someone looks like they would lose if it went more than 5 rounds, then they lose regardless of any previous rounds.
*The champ needs to be obliterated to lose. Yet nobody can tell me how many 'invisible points headstart' the champ gets.
*Jabbing and moving away is a negative and you lose points.

At the end of the day the 'dont leave it to the judges' is cop out that the sport is broken to the point where if a fighter isnt knocked out, nobody knows who won.

Jones vs Adesanya....... that is the fight to make now.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2020, 08:54:44 PM »
You can't win a championship by a subjective bare majority points. You have to knock the champ of his throne.  It was a pretty even fight. If this was two guys trying to become the number one contender then yes I can see Jones losing. It was a championship fight had he didn't win the fight convincingly. In other words it was up for debate.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2020, 09:23:58 PM »
Ok so you say you cant win on the point scoring system but instead can win on an unknown, undisclosed set of judging that is only in the head of the 3 judges in the arena and never disclosed but changes every fight?

If it's very close, give it to the champ, no problem.

But you have scoring way out of whack and clearly judges are not following the rules. Even the commentators were having a dig because it was so bad.

The only people.crowing the line where you have to slaughter the cbamp are old people. Younger generations dont believe that. If you win, you win.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2020, 09:42:28 PM »
Ok so you say you cant win on the point scoring system but instead can win on an unknown, undisclosed set of judging that is only in the head of the 3 judges in the arena and never disclosed but changes every fight?

If it's very close, give it to the champ, no problem.

But you have scoring way out of whack and clearly judges are not following the rules. Even the commentators were having a dig because it was so bad.

The only people.crowing the line where you have to slaughter the cbamp are old people. Younger generations dont believe that. If you win, you win.

I hadn't noticed if it is primarily old-timers who feel that you have to "knock out the champ".  I have heard that expression around for a while.  Someone on one of the now-defunct boards was saying that about Ronnie Coleman beating Jay Cutler in 2001.

I don't quite understand the logic...is it that the champ is a proven entity, and if they give it to someone who only narrowly beat him, that the new champ may not deliver the goods, and not pan out as good as the incumbent would be?  So thus, the torch should only be passed if it is a definitive win, so that it is certain that the new champ is deserving?

Because I can't understand why one set of standards would win a fighter a fight at any time except for in the case of fighting the current champion.

Is there any history to this "knock out the champion" concept?  Or is it just a matter of judges being biased in favour of the current champion in most cases, perhaps because they have simply seen that champion so much, making it a sort of familiarity thing.

I'm just trying to figure this out.

IMO, the champion should be the most competitor that night.

I didn't realize how much UFC judging was similar to IFBB judging, as far as this sort of thing is concerned, lol.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2020, 10:52:52 PM »
The saying was around when i was growing up. I notice people my age and older saying it (i dont, i think its an idiotic idea). Ever heard a 25yr old who grew up on social media say it lol?  

The scoring is in order of
Effective striking and grapling
Agression
Octogon control

People claiming Jones won keep using octogon control as their validation as to why he won. Sure, he controlled the octogon but it's the last point of judging criteria.

Im looking forward to Adesanya beating his ass.

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2020, 11:31:19 AM »
You can only look dominant beating on smaller fighters for so long.