Author Topic: Trump v. Biden 2020  (Read 36807 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Trump v. Biden 2020
« on: April 10, 2020, 03:00:05 PM »
Predictions?   Are we even having an election in November?  Will Biden be able to put two complete sentences together during a debate?  Will President Trump be impeached again before November? 

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
Re: Trump v. Biden 2020
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2020, 07:32:47 PM »
If....IF Biden is actually the nominee and if....IF they have a debate...

Biden will be crushed like we've never seen in modern politics. They will have to enact a mercy rule of sorts and call off the other usual debates, which will involve media calling Trump a bully. But Trump has no choice but to go pedal to the metal on the issues.

Trump is a master of media and TV - so even a remote debate will go terribly for Biden. His speech timing is plain awful even without the TV lag. I just can't imagine him in a debate at this level and he's not going to get better in 5-6 months. That weak Dem primary field was outperforming him.

Covid-19 blackout of politics is the best thing to happen to him. Like Hillary, the less you see him the better you like him.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2020, 08:26:31 PM »
If....IF Biden is actually the nominee and if....IF they have a debate...

Biden will be crushed like we've never seen in modern politics. They will have to enact a mercy rule of sorts and call off the other usual debates, which will involve media calling Trump a bully. But Trump has no choice but to go pedal to the metal on the issues.

Trump is a master of media and TV - so even a remote debate will go terribly for Biden. His speech timing is plain awful even without the TV lag. I just can't imagine him in a debate at this level and he's not going to get better in 5-6 months. That weak Dem primary field was outperforming him.

Covid-19 blackout of politics is the best thing to happen to him. Like Hillary, the less you see him the better you like him.

I agree although you know that is not how the media will report it.  Biden will likely try and be aggressive and say his incoherent comments with conviction and the media will say he sounded like MLK. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2020, 08:28:31 PM »
I really hate when women do this.  This is really unfair to the man being accused. 

That said, I wonder if the media will actually start to cover this now? 

Biden accuser Tara Reade files criminal complaint over 1993 allegation
Rich McHugh
https://www.businessinsider.com/former-biden-staffer-tara-reade-files-sexual-assault-complaint-2020-4?utm_campaign=sf-insider-main&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&fbclid=IwAR17dnK2pcEXfSP-Z6BA5wyITfdC7ltBnqrtUj-js3ubaC6nwLVmbYszlJ0

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2020, 08:54:58 AM »
I really hate when women do this.  This is really unfair to the man being accused.  

That said, I wonder if the media will actually start to cover this now?  

Biden accuser Tara Reade files criminal complaint over 1993 allegation
Rich McHugh
https://www.businessinsider.com/former-biden-staffer-tara-reade-files-sexual-assault-complaint-2020-4?utm_campaign=sf-insider-main&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&fbclid=IwAR17dnK2pcEXfSP-Z6BA5wyITfdC7ltBnqrtUj-js3ubaC6nwLVmbYszlJ0

On that note...

This is an actual tweet/quote from the New York Times:

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1249270881936904192

No other allegation about sexual assault surfaced in the course of our reporting, nor did any former Biden staff corroborate Reade’s allegation. We found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Biden, beyond hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable

??? ??? ???

EDIT: They deleted the tweet/post
a

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2020, 08:59:07 AM »
On that note...

This is an actual tweet/quote from the New York Times:

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1249270881936904192

No other allegation about sexual assault surfaced in the course of our reporting, nor did any former Biden staff corroborate Reade’s allegation. We found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Biden, beyond hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable

??? ??? ???

And they deleted the tweet/quote:

https://thepostmillennial.com/new-york-times-protects-joe-biden-from-sexual-assault-allegation

however, the internet does not forget.
a

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2020, 06:51:18 AM »
:

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2020, 07:44:21 AM »
Trump will be hurt by the current accepted meme of "not reacting in time".

But Biden is such an awful choice, it may not matter.
Y

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2020, 11:38:44 AM »
I think the state polls matter much more than these national polls, but Biden is up 6 in the RCP average. 

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2020/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_biden-6247.html

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2020, 11:41:10 AM »
Bernie endorses Biden and proves what a monumental fraud he's always been.
Y

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2020, 11:59:28 AM »

Yep.

Bernie Sanders endorses Joe Biden after dropping out of the 2020 race
Sonam Sheth and Eliza Relman
https://www.businessinsider.com/bernie-sanders-endorses-joe-biden-2020-election-2020-4

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2020, 12:45:27 PM »
Yep.

Bernie Sanders endorses Joe Biden after dropping out of the 2020 race
Sonam Sheth and Eliza Relman
https://www.businessinsider.com/bernie-sanders-endorses-joe-biden-2020-election-2020-4

:D

a

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2020, 04:50:38 PM »

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2020, 11:13:16 PM »
Welcome back Yamcha and George.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2020, 11:14:55 PM »
Trump Campaign Posts Record-Setting Fundraising Totals for 1st Quarter, Dwarfing Biden's Numbers
By AP Reports
Published April 13, 2020

President Donald Trump’s record-setting fundraising pace slowed slightly amid the coronavirus outbreak but remained strong as he maintains a massive cash advantage over Democrats.

The Trump re-election campaign and the Republican National Committee raised more than $212 million in the first quarter of 2020, according to figures first obtained by The Associated Press, bringing their total to more than $677 million since 2017.

Their haul for March, even as the nation’s economy began grinding to a halt to slow the pandemic, was more than $63 million.

That represented a slowing from the more than $86 million raised in February but nonetheless was Trump’s second-best month ever, and it kept his campaign on pace to maintain its massive fundraising advantage over Democrats.

The pro-Trump effort will report having more than $240 million in the bank at the end of March — $40 million more than two months prior.

The campaign has planned to raise more than $1 billion among itself, the RNC and associated joint fundraising committees.

The fundraising totals come at a pivotal moment for the campaign, both as former Vice President Joe Biden became the presumptive Democratic nominee and as the coronavirus outbreak began to sweep the nation.

“President Trump’s unyielding commitment to the American people has shown time and again that he is the president we need to lead our country through this crisis, and it’s clear that voters are responding to his bold leadership,” RNC Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel said.

“The enthusiasm for President Trump and our party remains strong, and we continue to be all systems go toward November,” she said.

Ronna McDaniel

@GOPChairwoman
.@realDonaldTrump’s unyielding commitment to the American people has shown time and again that he is the President we need to lead our country through this crisis.

It’s clear that voters are responding to his bold leadership.https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-campaign-rnc-raise-212-million-in-first-quarter-amid-impeachment-coronavirus

Trump campaign, RNC raise $212 million in first quarter amid impeachment, coronavirus
President Trump’s reelection campaign and the Republican National Committee brought in more than $63 million in March, bringing their first-quarter fundraising total to more than $212 million amid...

foxnews.com
6:02 AM - Apr 13, 2020
Twitter Ads info and privacy
3,018 people are talking about this
Democrats have yet to release their March hauls, but at the end of February, Biden’s campaign and the DNC held just roughly $20 million combined, accounting for debt held by the national party.

“Americans can see President Trump leading this nation through a serious crisis, and they are responding with their continued enthusiastic support for his reelection,” Trump 2020 campaign manager Brad Parscale said.

The pandemic has effectively ceased traditional campaigning and fundraising, moving it to digital and other means.

Trump held his last formal fundraiser on March 9 in Florida and his last rally on March 2 in Charlotte, North Carolina, the city scheduled to host the Republican National Convention in late August.

Brad Parscale - Text TRUMP to 88022

@parscale
President @realDonaldTrump’s campaign was built on data & technology so we pivoted to all-virtual better than anyone.

Embedded video
2:31 AM - Apr 13, 2020
Twitter Ads info and privacy
3,379 people are talking about this
To fill the gap, the Trump campaign has started to host near-daily video streams featuring prominent Trump surrogates and campaign officials and has continued to pepper supporters with digital fundraising requests.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

https://www.westernjournal.com/ap-trumps-fundraising-slows-amid-outbreak-still-sets-records/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=teaparty&utm_campaign=lminetwork&utm_content=2020-04-13&fbclid=IwAR3_sjMeBQK1RF5-3vV9mtHSBBmPVCWak8z7niz2AB5M5_GMlhOW-M66Jx8

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2020, 04:53:01 AM »
Although he has put in a few swipes here and there, Trump has really held back on his attacks against Joe Biden. Unless he is asked a question pertaining to Biden he has been relatively quiet thus far.

I think he is just strategically waiting to unload on him when he has a world wide audience watching, just like he did with Jeb, Ted Cruz, Rand Paul, Maro Rubio and Hillary. He humiliated all those candidates with ease.

People may say they don't like a person who "acts like a bully" but when it is in comparison to an obviously incompetent and weak alternative, many of them are going to go with the more assertive alpha type with an established track record.

Then we must take Biden's weak poll numbers in states that are going to really count: Florida, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania.

Now move onto the Bernie Bro progressives that are seething mad after seeing their candidate go down in flames. They are bitter. Many of them do not want to "hold their noses" for a candidate they basically see as a right winger 1 mm to the left of Trump.

There is also a portion that believe this lady and her allegations of sexual misconduct by Biden.

There are so many strikes against Biden that it is really difficult to see him pulling this off and I think it will be highlighted when they step on the debate stage for the first time and Trump begins to unload those devastating haymakers.

I just see Biden standing there on stage with that blank, 80 year old Alzheimers patient, deer in a headlight look, with zero response whatsoever.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2020, 07:45:41 AM »
Bernie Bros will be in mom's basement playing the latest video game on election day.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2020, 07:55:41 AM »
Before the pandemic I would've bet the bank Trump wins in a landslide.

Now I'll be he wins by about the same margin as 2016.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2020, 08:52:47 AM »
Obama is endorsing Biden today.  8)
a

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2020, 10:41:12 AM »
Although he has put in a few swipes here and there, Trump has really held back on his attacks against Joe Biden. Unless he is asked a question pertaining to Biden he has been relatively quiet thus far.

I think he is just strategically waiting to unload on him when he has a world wide audience watching, just like he did with Jeb, Ted Cruz, Rand Paul, Maro Rubio and Hillary. He humiliated all those candidates with ease.

People may say they don't like a person who "acts like a bully" but when it is in comparison to an obviously incompetent and weak alternative, many of them are going to go with the more assertive alpha type with an established track record.

Then we must take Biden's weak poll numbers in states that are going to really count: Florida, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania.

Now move onto the Bernie Bro progressives that are seething mad after seeing their candidate go down in flames. They are bitter. Many of them do not want to "hold their noses" for a candidate they basically see as a right winger 1 mm to the left of Trump.

There is also a portion that believe this lady and her allegations of sexual misconduct by Biden.

There are so many strikes against Biden that it is really difficult to see him pulling this off and I think it will be highlighted when they step on the debate stage for the first time and Trump begins to unload those devastating haymakers.

I just see Biden standing there on stage with that blank, 80 year old Alzheimers patient, deer in a headlight look, with zero response whatsoever.

Good points. 

I'm not sure the debates will be as devastating for Biden as they would be under normal circumstances because me might see some kind of "virtual" debate.  If that happens, it could mask Biden's inability to think on his feet and put completes sentences together. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2020, 10:42:03 AM »
So he waits till Biden is the last man standing to endorse him.  Pathetic.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2020, 12:38:17 PM »

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2020, 12:40:41 PM »
 :o
a

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2020, 01:28:47 PM »
Biden said yesterday he wants to put citizens on a path to citizenship.

This was on "conversation" type format with Bernie.

He'll gaffe no matter what.
Y

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2020, 01:57:12 PM »
Joe Rogan On Trump-Biden Matchup: ‘Like Mike Tyson Vs. A 3-Year-Old’

Podcast host Joe Rogan and comedian Brendan Schaub, who used to be an MMA fighter, went off on Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden late last week, saying that President Donald Trump is going to steamroll Biden in the election.

“It shows you how crazy the system is that they wanted him,” Rogan said. “That they wanted Biden to be their guy, that they don’t, they can’t admit that he’s in cognitive decline. I mean it’s very strange.”

“Look if someone wants to ask me questions about things that I understand like MMA or like comedy like if you want to ask me questions about things that I think about and talk about all the time, I could talk to you and really clearly about those things and make a lot of sense,” Rogan continued. “[Biden] can’t do that about politics and he’s been a politician forever … he’s a guy who’s suffering.”

“There’s no way he beats Trump,” Schaub said.

“He doesn’t beat Trump,” Rogan responded.

“No, those two faceoff, Trump’s gonna light him up like a Comedy Central Roast,” Schaub said.

“[Trump’s] already dismissing [Biden],” Rogan said. “He’s gonna destroy him. He’s gonna kill him man. I mean it’s such an easy target, it’s like Mike Tyson versus a three-year-old.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/joe-rogan-on-trump-biden-matchup-like-mike-tyson-vs-a-3-year-old