Author Topic: Zuck The Kuck Has A Problem On His Hands  (Read 1473 times)

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
Zuck The Kuck Has A Problem On His Hands
« on: July 03, 2020, 11:49:00 AM »
The CEO of a major advertising trade group says the Facebook boycott is a turning point

BY Megan Graham:

World Federation of Advertisers CEO Stephan Loerke says he believes the slew of big brands publicly switching off social media advertising aren’t likely to come back until real change is made.

“I don’t see those big brands come back if there hasn’t been structural change,” he says.

World Federation of Advertisers CEO Stephan Loerke says he believes the slew of big brands publicly switching off social media advertising aren’t likely to come back until real change is made.

The trade group’s 120 members, which include PepsiCo, P&G and Diageo, represent 90% of global marketing

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/03/facebook-boycott-is-a-turning-point-ad-trade-group-ceo-says.html

If you make your money from advertising and those who represent 90 percent of the advertising dollars say they aren't coming back, you should be concerned.

I wonder if this will affect the $665 Billion dollar market cap?

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
Re: Zuck The Kuck Has A Problem On His Hands
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2020, 11:51:57 AM »
Zuckerberg: Advertisers will be back to Facebook 'soon enough'

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-53262860

I'm glad to see Mark isn't worrying too much about this.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2020, 12:00:59 PM »
Zuckerberg: Advertisers will be back to Facebook 'soon enough'

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-53262860

I'm glad to see Mark isn't worrying too much about this.

As long as people use Facebook, the advertisers will be back. He’s right.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2020, 12:04:18 PM »
There's likely a behind the scenes reasoning going on here by these large corporations.

The truth is that social media advertising doesn't really work.  It's a waste of money.  Covid had laid bare these facts.

Using BLM is just an excuse to void contracts and stop the financial bleeding.

If the ads were effective they'd continue to buy them.

And, yes, this could definitely impact Facebook stock price.

mphgrove

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2020, 12:04:30 PM »
Funny how both the Left and the Right HATE Facebook. Yet 80 to 90 percent of the people who hate it are probably on it unfortunately.

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2020, 12:26:01 PM »
There's likely a behind the scenes reasoning going on here by these large corporations.

The truth is that social media advertising doesn't really work.  It's a waste of money.  Covid had laid bare these facts.

Using BLM is just an excuse to void contracts and stop the financial bleeding.

If the ads were effective they'd continue to buy them.

And, yes, this could definitely impact Facebook stock price.

This. The return on investment with social media advertising  is practically impossible to measure unless you actually take orders through the medium.

mphgrove

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2020, 12:31:24 PM »
This. The return on investment with social media advertising  is practically impossible to measure unless you actually take orders through the medium.

That is an interesting comment. So you are saying these advertisers don’t think they are getting their money’s worth on Facebook and they want to switch back to network television???? That goes against what all the marketing gurus report, but interesting just the same. I have had no interest in owning Facebook stock all along.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2020, 02:27:47 PM »
That is an interesting comment. So you are saying these advertisers don’t think they are getting their money’s worth on Facebook and they want to switch back to network television???? That goes against what all the marketing gurus report, but interesting just the same. I have had no interest in owning Facebook stock all along.

No one said that.

mphgrove

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2020, 02:37:57 PM »
No one said that.

I added the network television (as an aside comment) but you more or less did say they don’t care whether they stay or leave

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2020, 02:39:24 PM »
I added the network television (as an aside comment) but you more or less did say they don’t care whether they stay or leave

I did?

Stop smoking' the weed!