Author Topic: AFTER ONE YEAR OF LIFTING WHAT WAS YOUR BENCH?  (Read 12123 times)

bigbalddaddy

• Getbig IV
Re: AFTER ONE YEAR OF LIFTING WHAT WAS YOUR BENCH?
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2006, 01:37:55 PM »
same bench i was using the year before except a year older and dirty..duh...

I didn't change gyms either!

blondmusclhunk

• Getbig III
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2006, 01:49:34 PM »
After I turned 18 my gains were coming fast.  By 18 I was up to 200 now bench for working sets goes up to 315

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2006, 01:56:12 PM »
I don't max anymore but at 17 and 6' 165-170 i could do about 210 when i was locked up but that came from mostly doing lots of push ups and such cause we couldn't get to the weight room often so when i was there i almost only tested my max lifts.
I

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2006, 02:03:42 PM »
I don't max anymore but at 17 and 6' 165-170 i could do about 210 when i was locked up but that came from mostly doing lots of push ups and such cause we couldn't get to the weight room often so when i was there i almost only tested my max lifts.
hahahaha, you're weak as a kitten.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2006, 02:07:26 PM »
I've been on a Cell tech cycle and have gone from pressing 135 x 2 maxing out to Monday night doing 675 for 8 on incline incline!!! ;D ;D ;D

What company makes this "Cell-Tech" and where can I buy it?  ???

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2006, 02:09:50 PM »
hahahaha, you're weak as a kitten.

Correction "WAS" weak as a kitten 8) But foreal the only other person who was stronger then me pound for pound when i was locked up was like 5'3" 5'4".
I

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2006, 02:11:34 PM »

Corrections "WAS" weak as a kitten 8) But foreal the only other person who was stronger then me pound for pound when i was locked up was like 5'3" 5'4".
guys always make me laugh when they brag about being locked up as if having a 150 lb. bench press and bending over and taking it up the ass and biting the pillow is something to brag about, anyone who ever did time took it up the ass.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2006, 02:15:40 PM »
guys always make me laugh when they brag about being locked up as if having a 150 lb. bench press and bending over and taking it up the ass and biting the pillow is something to brag about, anyone who ever did time took it up the ass.

Hey sorry i got into exercising because i was locked up and would rather be left alone, out of trouble and a inspiration for others to begin exercising and working out rather then pick fights and talk shit all day.
I

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2006, 02:19:26 PM »
i weighed 140 and benched about 110lbs for 4, within 6 months i was 204 and benched 175 for 10 but wouldnt go any higher. Then i just stopped but i started training again last week after 18 months
Scouser on Tour

raziel

• Getbig II
  • Satan lives in the hearts of all children.
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2006, 02:20:38 PM »
as soon as i saw the subject i knew this thread had been started by alexxx.
Jesus gives awesome head!

badlad

• Getbig III
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2006, 02:44:26 PM »
I remember back some years we had this big island guy who came down to the gym in order to 'shed some weight'. He probably weighed about 320 pounds. Never trained a day in his life.
Watched him put 135 on the bench and rep out 8 reps or so for a couple of sets - badly might I add even with his mate showing him how to do it. He hadn't quite got the form thing down - but fair enough since he had never done it before.
Didn't see him again until the following week.
Came in - put 135 on - did the 8-10 reps. Then piles on 3 plates per side and does another 8-10 reps. Then puts on another 2 plates and does 6 or 7 more.
Suffice it to say - we all pretty much just gave up bench press from that day on.
For myself - I couldn't even do a press up on a medicine ball for 1 rep at 17 years old. I was 'physically challenged' as a child.
I think I could bench press just about the bar when I started and it took a good few months before I could bench 135 even for 1 rep.
After a year I think I could do 225 for about 12-15 reps and in my first year of training I'm pretty sure i was training like 10 times a week. Crazy but true. No wonder I'm falling apart now.

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2006, 02:46:57 PM »
I remember back some years we had this big island guy who came down to the gym in order to 'shed some weight'. He probably weighed about 320 pounds. Never trained a day in his life.
Watched him put 135 on the bench and rep out 8 reps or so for a couple of sets - badly might I add even with his mate showing him how to do it. He hadn't quite got the form thing down - but fair enough since he had never done it before.
Didn't see him again until the following week.
Came in - put 135 on - did the 8-10 reps. Then piles on 3 plates per side and does another 8-10 reps. Then puts on another 2 plates and does 6 or 7 more.
Suffice it to say - we all pretty much just gave up bench press from that day on.
For myself - I couldn't even do a press up on a medicine ball for 1 rep at 17 years old. I was 'physically challenged' as a child.
I think I could bench press just about the bar when I started and it took a good few months before I could bench 135 even for 1 rep.
After a year I think I could do 225 for about 12-15 reps and in my first year of training I'm pretty sure i was training like 10 times a week. Crazy but true. No wonder I'm falling apart now.

That is the biggest crock of shit I've ever read.
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2006, 02:49:13 PM »
That is the biggest crock of shit I've ever read.

Then why even respond to it ::)
I

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2006, 02:52:33 PM »
I guess I just felt like responding, "MikeThaMachine".
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2006, 02:54:49 PM »
200lbx5 4 months after trainin. only first 2 touched chest other 3 were about 2 inches above. did it on my 18th b day

since then illness etc girls drink etc took over. dam

bigbalddaddy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2006, 03:00:28 PM »
What company makes this "Cell-Tech" and where can I buy it?  ???

Muscle Tech and if you go to GNC on the first tuesday of the month, they'll hook you up! ;D

buffbong

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2006, 03:15:31 PM »
hmm from 16-17 one year my max was probally like 250. at 19 did 300 bench and 405 deadlift in a show. got to 320 competitin bench right after turning 20 didnt compete after that, but got alot stronger anyway dont know current lifts id like to compete again sometime like late next winter.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2006, 03:20:52 PM »

AAHAHAHH!!!  Yes Sarcasm, that's always the way it is with these ex-cons!!

MOS

badlad

• Getbig III
« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2006, 03:22:24 PM »
Brian - what are you suggesting?

portwine

• Getbig II
  • beans, baby, beans
« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2006, 03:58:31 PM »
started at 11, in 5th grade.....started with 80, went up to 150 over the course of that first year....hit 200 by 7th grade, hit 300 the summer before freshman year just prior to my 15th birthday.......made it up to 330 eventually, but after shoulder injuries from football my bench has never been the same...
milk milk lemonade a

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2006, 04:02:11 PM »
Muscle Tech and if you go to GNC on the first tuesday of the month, they'll hook you up! ;D

I'll keep you up to date on my progress ;D

Gordon_Gekko

• Getbig III
  • All drugs!
« Reply #46 on: April 19, 2006, 04:53:11 PM »
I've been on a Cell tech cycle and have gone from pressing 135 x 2 maxing out to Monday night doing 675 for 8 on incline incline!!! ;D ;D ;D

What a beast!

I've been doing incline incline bench presses myself lately - I take an incline bench over to another incline bench, set the base of the first bench into the seat of the second bench, climb up into the first bench, and rep out with a loaded barbell - great pump for the upper pecs and great for the "stabilizers" as well. For best results, have a pair of dumbells handy and superset these with incline incline curls, or throw in incline incline flies to preexhaust, or even triset if you're really ambitious!

I'm also doing deadslifts alot these days - I set up two olympic bars (with an equal amount of weight) on the floor, parallel to each other, about shoulder width apart. I step between the bars, bend down, grab each bar, and commence to deadslift them until failure... AAARRGGGHHH! What a workout!
Greed is good!

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2006, 04:53:19 PM »
Brian - what are you suggesting?

I'm suggesting that nobody has ever benched 500 for 6 reps after a week of training. ::)
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: April 19, 2006, 04:54:20 PM »
I'm suggesting that nobody has ever benched 500 for 6 reps after a week of training. ::)

Don't you know that people who live in other states and countries are capable of inhuman lifts? ::)

badlad

• Getbig III
« Reply #49 on: April 19, 2006, 05:53:51 PM »
Brian - I stand corrected. I just reread my post and I realise I have inadvertantly overstated the case. What I should have said was he went to 3 plates per side for 8-10 reps and then added another plate to each side making 4 plates aside and did 6 or 7 more.
So around 405 pounds. My bad.
That then is a true story.