Author Topic: AFTER ONE YEAR OF LIFTING WHAT WAS YOUR BENCH?  (Read 12122 times)

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
Re: AFTER ONE YEAR OF LIFTING WHAT WAS YOUR BENCH?
« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2006, 05:58:18 PM »
Brian - I stand corrected. I just reread my post and I realise I have inadvertantly overstated the case. What I should have said was he went to 3 plates per side for 8-10 reps and then added another plate to each side making 4 plates aside and did 6 or 7 more.
So around 405 pounds. My bad.
That then is a true story.

Still bullshit.
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

badlad

• Getbig III
« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2006, 06:12:07 PM »
Ok Brian - you got me.  ::)
But just don't let anybody else know.

bigbalddaddy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2006, 06:15:24 PM »
What a beast!

I've been doing incline incline bench presses myself lately - I take an incline bench over to another incline bench, set the base of the first bench into the seat of the second bench, climb up into the first bench, and rep out with a loaded barbell - great pump for the upper pecs and great for the "stabilizers" as well. For best results, have a pair of dumbells handy and superset these with incline incline curls, or throw in incline incline flies to preexhaust, or even triset if you're really ambitious!

I'm also doing deadslifts alot these days - I set up two olympic bars (with an equal amount of weight) on the floor, parallel to each other, about shoulder width apart. I step between the bars, bend down, grab each bar, and commence to deadslift them until failure... AAARRGGGHHH! What a workout!

Now if you do your incline incline presses standing, not sitting with your feet on the floor like Arnold did your a pimp! ;D

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2006, 06:15:49 PM »
Still bullshit.

Some people are naturally strong, just as some people are naturally jealous. Guess which one you are ::)

Gordon_Gekko

• Getbig III
  • All drugs!
« Reply #54 on: April 19, 2006, 07:33:25 PM »
Now if you do your incline incline presses standing, not sitting with your feet on the floor like Arnold did your a pimp! ;D

Maybe Shaq O'Neal could do them that way, but not me. I'm a short man with even shorter legs.
Greed is good!

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #55 on: April 19, 2006, 08:11:14 PM »

AFTER ONE YEAR OF LIFTING WHAT WAS YOUR BENCH?

I could almost bench the bar for 3 reps.
Ron: "I am lazy."

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #56 on: April 19, 2006, 08:24:04 PM »

I could almost bench the bar for 3 reps.

Which bar are you talking about?
just push some weight!

Eric2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: April 19, 2006, 08:42:43 PM »
First bench max was 150. By the end of my freshman year it was around 240.
By the end of my senior year it was just over 315(with collars) @ body wieght of #170.
   My best if anyone gives a rats ass was 445 at 6'2 #225 pounds.
h

badlad

• Getbig III
« Reply #58 on: April 20, 2006, 12:57:36 AM »
Granted it was an impressive feat (that is why I remember it well enough to be sure of the weight) but this guy was in the region of 320 pounds. Also you have to understand that when I refered to him as an 'island' bro I'm talking Tongan (the most heavily naturally muscled race on the planet).
Come to think of it I have seen numerous Polynesian guys who took up bodybuilding simply because they were already built, prior to training, good enough to probably walk on stage at a regional contest and win. No dieting, no training, nothing. You can call bs all you want - I have no reason to lie - and yeah - i'm as jealous as hell of some of these guys.
In fact one I knew personally very well worked along side me for a few months. 21 years old - never been to a gym in his life but had worked in the fields up through his childhood. carried probably about 10% bf maybe (most likely less) and was around 5' 11'. He weighed 225. And his arms were bigger than mine at the time (around 19.5 inches). Factor in also that his quads and calves were friggin huge and cut. We had made plans for me to take him to the local gym and get him up to speed with weight training but never got the chance unfortunately - but judging by the strength and stamina he showed while working (we were labourers together) he was massively strong.
So the big bench story is impressive to me still but I have seen quite a few such physical specimens over the years. But hey believe whatever - I know there is alot of bs on these boards so I understand that you have to take most of the 'facts' on these boards with a grain of salt.

ignorance

• Getbig III
  • https://www.facebook.com/ResearchBodybuilding
« Reply #59 on: April 20, 2006, 01:02:16 AM »
From *100pds to *220pds grade 11 in high school, I believe I was 16 turning 17. That was the year of 'Creatine'

* using Dumbbells.

badlad

• Getbig III
« Reply #60 on: April 20, 2006, 01:09:07 AM »
Sh.t man - and I could even do 1 medicine ball press up at high school. I must have been the weakest 17 year old I knew back then. strangely enough I was a fairly decent arm wrestler (probably due in part to being about 6'4' with long limbs).
If only I had begun weight training around 15 or so - maybe I would have managed to really seriously get huge.
Well done you guys who are still in your teens and benching 225+, that on it's own is impressive to me.

BigCypriate

• Getbig IV
  • F****n Peasants!
« Reply #61 on: April 20, 2006, 02:20:16 AM »
I went from 125 to 225 in one year and in the time since then have not even gone up another 100 pounds (close but not quite yet).  I found that the fastest gains were toward the beginning.

ROID MONSTER!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHRORLFOFLOFLRLFORLFRFR LOFRFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JPM

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #62 on: April 20, 2006, 09:45:32 AM »
BadLad: The Polynesian based islands do seem to produce a more selected breed of muscular and strong humans. Being born in American Samona I can be witness to this. But not all of the folks are gifted, some of the women can only handle 300 for 12 reps when they first try benching....the shame & pity of it!  My two cousins (while in high school) could bench easily 400+ for reps , though they didn't bench often.  Each could also clean & jerk press over 300+, which was one of their main exercises for football. The Mormon church (which is far spread in the Polynesian Islands...including New Zealand) brough a lot of the brothers over to the mainland. Not just to set the path to save their souls but to play football for their major football factory's...BYU, Utah St, Utah.  This can also include USC/UCLA (though not  Mormon schools) where quite a few of my friends and family attented and played.

A lot of German speaking, Scandinavian and Eastern Europe countries (and people(s) who's names end in a vowel) produce very strong muscular people. As well as American Black people's. Percentage wise though, from a much more smaller entic group, the Polynesian race (for what ever evolutionary reason) do seem to produce a better gene pool for natural size & power.  The luck of the draw I guess. Good Luck.

blondmusclhunk

• Getbig III
« Reply #63 on: April 20, 2006, 11:45:49 AM »
Most muscletech products are overpriced and hyped up because everyone sees the big adds in the bb magazines.  Save some money and get a good mix of creatine and take with grape juice.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: April 20, 2006, 04:21:52 PM »
HAHAHHA! those ads sure don't lie then!
bodybuildersreality.com

kicker

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #65 on: April 20, 2006, 08:23:16 PM »
But not all of the folks are gifted, some of the women can only handle 300 for 12 reps when they first try benching....the shame & pity of it!

:o..................... ::)