Author Topic: Critique review condition and size at 43  (Read 197336 times)

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
Re: Critique review condition and size at 43
« Reply #1225 on: June 03, 2021, 10:47:56 AM »

I cannot stop laughing at this stuff you post, Miss Jane!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1226 on: June 03, 2021, 12:19:09 PM »
1 arm dumbbell presses.  Start very light with 1 set of 10 every day.

Add another set every week.  Reduce to 3-4 times per week.

Use weight as light as necessary to have no pain.  Even no weight.

Thanks for the advice. I will give this a try. Whatever I'm currently doing isn't working. I think I have a set of 5 lb. dumbbells in the garage.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #1227 on: June 03, 2021, 12:29:22 PM »
Its weird I have so many injuries I finally just started doing higher reps more volume and I am feeling a lot better than when I went heavy low reps my joints are appreciating it. Taking it easy and training with lower weight higher volume THEN EATING A FUCK TON OF COURSE may be better than killing it

Over 40 with a base going heavy doesn't really help when lifting for looks IMO. The time you have to take off being banged up isn't productive either.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • “Always do what you are afraid to do.” - Emerson
« Reply #1228 on: June 03, 2021, 01:47:22 PM »
Thanks for the advice. I will give this a try. Whatever I'm currently doing isn't working. I think I have a set of 5 lb. dumbbells in the garage.

Even 5 lb may be too much at first.

If you feel pain just do it without weight or hold something like a soup can.

It takes awhile to strengthen the connective tissues which is what you need to do.  Much longer than muscles.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1229 on: June 03, 2021, 04:25:54 PM »
Even 5 lb may be too much at first.

If you feel pain just do it without weight or hold something like a soup can.

It takes awhile to strengthen the connective tissues which is what you need to do.  Much longer than muscles.

I just did my first set of 10 reps with no weight. It didn't cause me any pain. My shoulder and sometimes my arm hurt most after sleeping for awhile, waking me up a few times during the night and of course, first thing in the morning.

I decided to go with body weight only because sometimes just taking something out of the microwave or lifting a cup of coffee cause shooting pain. There have been a few times when I thought I would drop whatever I was holding so I immediately set it down then change the angle at which I was lifting it.

Other movements which seem like they might be problematical aren't. For example, I pulled weeds yesterday for about a half hour or so with no problem to my shoulder....my back was a bit sore from bending at the waist for so long.....but that's a different issue....degenerative disk disease.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • “Always do what you are afraid to do.” - Emerson
« Reply #1230 on: June 03, 2021, 04:59:19 PM »
I just did my first set of 10 reps with no weight. It didn't cause me any pain. My shoulder and sometimes my arm hurt most after sleeping for awhile, waking me up a few times during the night and of course, first thing in the morning.

I decided to go with body weight only because sometimes just taking something out of the microwave or lifting a cup of coffee cause shooting pain. There have been a few times when I thought I would drop whatever I was holding so I immediately set it down then change the angle at which I was lifting it.

Other movements which seem like they might be problematical aren't. For example, I pulled weeds yesterday for about a half hour or so with no problem to my shoulder....my back was a bit sore from bending at the waist for so long.....but that's a different issue....degenerative disk disease.

Take a couple weeks with no weight.

Then only add weight very gradually in small amounts.  A week or two before increasing weight again.

Work up to 3-5 sets.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #1231 on: June 03, 2021, 05:20:52 PM »
Just Plane Jane

Cook

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1232 on: June 03, 2021, 05:29:15 PM »
Prime just a suggestion.Use that same 5 lb. dumbbell and hold it just over your elbow with your off hand and do a lateral raise with it.I had a shoulder so messed up I couldn’t raise my arm over shoulder level and after a month of doing these it all but healed up.I like the one armed presses that were suggested but maybe give these a try too.Good luck

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #1233 on: June 03, 2021, 07:00:12 PM »
I mean not for nothing but it's 10pm and I am sitting 231.2lbs and may eat again before bed. This is some bigger by the day type shit now. I have not been over 230 in at least 15 years. I am no longer getting back this is new territory in weight. Yes I am holding some fluids that is the idea. Yes I have been stronger once the weight is added the strength will follow. I was suffering from Crohn's last summer and a torn meniscus and swelling the summer before. I am somehow able to eat and train now. Not sure how long this will last but I just keep eating and training. Trust the process heal the injures protect the joints

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #1234 on: June 03, 2021, 07:34:41 PM »
My blood pressure is looking great but I worked out around lunch time. It's 10pm now and my resting pulse is still pretty high at 111bpm. I have been sitting not on any stimulants had one coffee this am. Not sure if anyone else has this issue? My cholesterol numbers are good. Cause for concern? I took it twice as it showed 118bpm the first reading so I relaxed and took it again.

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #1235 on: June 03, 2021, 08:04:43 PM »
WTF are you doing having pulse that high?  ???

They say your heart has X number of beats and then it will fail. Figure out what it is ASAP, that is not good

JustPlaneJane

• Getbig V
« Reply #1236 on: June 03, 2021, 08:41:04 PM »
My blood pressure is looking great but I worked out around lunch time. It's 10pm now and my resting pulse is still pretty high at 111bpm. I have been sitting not on any stimulants had one coffee this am. Not sure if anyone else has this issue? My cholesterol numbers are good. Cause for concern? I took it twice as it showed 118bpm the first reading so I relaxed and took it again.

JustPlaneJane

• Getbig V
« Reply #1237 on: June 03, 2021, 08:42:02 PM »
I mean not for nothing but it's 10pm and I am sitting 231.2lbs and may eat again before bed. This is some bigger by the day type shit now. I have not been over 230 in at least 15 years. I am no longer getting back this is new territory in weight. Yes I am holding some fluids that is the idea. Yes I have been stronger once the weight is added the strength will follow. I was suffering from Crohn's last summer and a torn meniscus and swelling the summer before. I am somehow able to eat and train now. Not sure how long this will last but I just keep eating and training. Trust the process heal the injures protect the joints

JustPlaneJane

• Getbig V
« Reply #1238 on: June 03, 2021, 08:43:20 PM »

POB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1239 on: June 03, 2021, 09:14:39 PM »
WTF are you doing having pulse that high?  ???

They say your heart has X number of beats and then it will fail. Figure out what it is ASAP, that is not good
He’s right about this bhank you want it under 100 and even that is “high normal”. It has to be stims,narcotics(pain pills),or something in the trt program. Down load a free heart rate monitor app and take it all day from waking to find baseline and what in the “cock tail” is kicking it up. If it’s not something you put in the “mouth or butt :D) it’s time to go to a cardiologist before another Surgury is on the horizon

Jizmonkey

• Getbig III
« Reply #1240 on: June 03, 2021, 09:30:33 PM »
-

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1241 on: June 03, 2021, 09:41:54 PM »
Yummy.....thi oughta get you up to at least 280 pounds. !!
 ::)

TheAnimal

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1242 on: June 03, 2021, 09:46:44 PM »
Is bhank liked on getbig?

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1243 on: June 03, 2021, 10:00:31 PM »
Why of course he is,can`t you tell?

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #1244 on: June 03, 2021, 10:52:30 PM »

Apparently the bhank gimmick loves to swallow literally gallons of semen.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1245 on: June 03, 2021, 10:57:32 PM »
Apparently the bhank gimmick loves to swallow literally gallons of semen.

Only on slow days if he`s up to it it`a a few prrfectly chilled gallons every few hours........hour after hour.

He days it`s helping him put on mass.

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #1246 on: June 03, 2021, 11:07:20 PM »
Only on slow days if he`s up to it it`a a few prrfectly chilled gallons every few hours........hour after hour.

He days it`s helping him put on mass.

If that was the case, Shizzo would look like a prime Ronnie Coleman.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #1247 on: June 04, 2021, 12:00:20 AM »
bhank getting bigger by the day  :o

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1248 on: June 04, 2021, 01:26:05 AM »
Prime just a suggestion.Use that same 5 lb. dumbbell and hold it just over your elbow with your off hand and do a lateral raise with it.I had a shoulder so messed up I couldn’t raise my arm over shoulder level and after a month of doing these it all but healed up.I like the one armed presses that were suggested but maybe give these a try too.Good luck

Remember, I am a senile old coot. I cannot figure out how to do what you are suggesting. I just tried to do a bent arm lateral raise, and my arm won't even move past parallel with my shoulder on that side because the pain is too much. I'm probably doing it wrong. Can you find a video or a photo that shows this movement? 

I have been pretending this was just going to magically go away for almost a year now. My doctor said to schedule an appointment if after a month it wasn't getting better. I thought I could just tough it out and I'd be fine. Maybe my first step should be to get an x-ray and a MRI to hopefully determine just what the problem is with my shoulder.

Seems if I fractured something, it would have healed by now. When I fell, I tumbled down the rock garden wall which about 8 ft of almost vertical distance. I hit the sidewalk hard enough that I momentarily blacked out. I landed with enough momentum that my glasses and one of my hearing aids ended up in the middle of the street.

The pain running down my arm to my hand started a month or so ago. Am I just being a wuss, making excuses why I cannot accomplish a decent workout. Or, am I stubborn plus stupid and it is time to get this problem resolved?

You hear about old folks falling and they end up dying shortly there after. I am not ready for that. My grandmother fell and broke when boarding ship on her annual summer vacation abroad. Obviously, she didn't go that summer or ever again. Turns out, she was riddled with cancer. Her fall was literally the beginning of the end of her life.

Body-Buildah

• Getbig V
  • Creepy Joe Touches Kids
« Reply #1249 on: June 04, 2021, 01:46:31 AM »
The Trenboloney raises the heart rate.  ;)