Author Topic: Bye, Bye Portland Homeless Encampments  (Read 4741 times)

Fortress

• Getbig V
Re: Bye, Bye Portland Homeless Encampments
« Reply #50 on: May 20, 2021, 06:24:36 PM »

Seems like a plan. Where would you suggest they be relocated to?

Keep up or go find yet another cock to suck.

“Re-locate”

(Dispose of the bodies.)

I wish you’d be “re-located”, you soggy turdbake.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: May 20, 2021, 07:05:57 PM »
Nowhere, they will ignore the Eviction Notices.

Good point. And when they do ignore the notice, sometimes the 'authorities show up, throw them out and pack up the remaining garbage and take it to the dump. A few weeks or months later, this drama is rerun like a very bad B-movie.

Here is yet another example of idiocy, the Portland Red House fiasco, wherein, longtime residents and former deed holders who defaulted on a mortgage refinance (which is a whole other story), were foreclosed on and the property sold at auction. A couple of years later, the winning bidder, a developer is the loser because the 'squatters', refuse to leave. On December 8, 2020 sheriffs show up to evict the illegal residents and are faced with an angry mob of sympathizers. So, what happens next? The sheriffs depart, I guess fearing for their lives. Tick tock, tick tock, 5 months later and nothing has changed. In fact, squatter sympathizers and others with nothing better to do with their time, have commandeered the neighboring vacant lot. Party time most weekends, much to the dismay of the neighbors.

I wish there was an ending to this story, but such is not the case. At least not yet. The squatters claim it is is their sovereign right to retain possession of the property since one of them is a Native American.

There is much more to this story which I did not include. If you are interested here's one link of many. Someday, this will be the movie of the week.

https://www.oregonlive.com/portland/2021/02/guy-in-uneasy-limbo-after-tense-standoff.html

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #52 on: May 20, 2021, 07:17:55 PM »
Portland getting what it deserves.  Wheeler can go fuck himself, as can anyone who voted for him.  Without exception.
~

JustPlaneJane

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: May 21, 2021, 09:35:24 AM »
Good point. And when they do ignore the notice, sometimes the 'authorities show up, throw them out and pack up the remaining garbage and take it to the dump. A few weeks or months later, this drama is rerun like a very bad B-movie.

Here is yet another example of idiocy, the Portland Red House fiasco, wherein, longtime residents and former deed holders who defaulted on a mortgage refinance (which is a whole other story), were foreclosed on and the property sold at auction. A couple of years later, the winning bidder, a developer is the loser because the 'squatters', refuse to leave. On December 8, 2020 sheriffs show up to evict the illegal residents and are faced with an angry mob of sympathizers. So, what happens next? The sheriffs depart, I guess fearing for their lives. Tick tock, tick tock, 5 months later and nothing has changed. In fact, squatter sympathizers and others with nothing better to do with their time, have commandeered the neighboring vacant lot. Party time most weekends, much to the dismay of the neighbors.

I wish there was an ending to this story, but such is not the case. At least not yet. The squatters claim it is is their sovereign right to retain possession of the property since one of them is a Native American.

There is much more to this story which I did not include. If you are interested here's one link of many. Someday, this will be the movie of the week.

https://www.oregonlive.com/portland/2021/02/guy-in-uneasy-limbo-after-tense-standoff.html

“Sometimes the authorities show up...”

See anything wrong with that sentence ?

We are all familiar with the Red House fiasco. The real fact of the matter is, you wanted this, you support this, you voted for this, and now you have to live with the ramifications of a failed liberal ideology.

I feel for you because you are on a fixed income and obviously too brainwashed to see that you are your own worst enemy.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: May 21, 2021, 12:17:14 PM »
“Sometimes the authorities show up...”

See anything wrong with that sentence ?

We are all familiar with the Red House fiasco. The real fact of the matter is, you wanted this, you support this, you voted for this, and now you have to live with the ramifications of a failed liberal ideology.

I feel for you because you are on a fixed income and obviously too brainwashed to see that you are your own worst enemy.

If you were the Mayor of Portland, how would you handle this mess?

Interesting aside. The Kinneys (former owners and current squatters) raised at least $315,000 to supposedly buy back the house through a GoFundMe campaign.

The Kinney's currently reside in another house 2 miles away which they purchased in 1966 and still own. That being the case, who are the actual squatters at the Red House on Mississippi?

Thanks for feeling for me. My retirement income is not (technically) fixed in as much as I get annual COLAs on everything except the IRA's which have earnings. SSI has an annual COLA, although it does not keep pace with inflation as it was intended to do when it was enacted in 1973. Being old and healthy, my fixed and recurring expenses are very low. If I splurge on anything, it is my home and travel, mainly to visit family in Germany.   

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #56 on: May 21, 2021, 01:16:35 PM »

Interesting aside. The Kinneys (former owners and current squatters) raised at least $315,000 to supposedly buy back the house through a GoFundMe campaign.

The Kinney's currently reside in another house 2 miles away which they purchased in 1966 and still own. That being the case, who are the actual squatters at the Red House on Mississippi?

Thanks for feeling for me. My retirement income is not (technically) fixed in as much as I get annual COLAs on everything except the IRA's which have earnings. SSI has an annual COLA, although it does not keep pace with inflation as it was intended to do when it was enacted in 1973. Being old and healthy, my fixed and recurring expenses are very low. If I splurge on anything, it is my home and travel, mainly to visit family in Germany.

There’s a reason for the longevity of the expression, “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.”

As it stands now, the best option is mental institutions.

Liberals have a habit of creating impossible situations then saying, “Well, what’s your idea?”

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #57 on: May 21, 2021, 01:22:49 PM »
"I saw the enemy... and it was me."  -Idiot

Every citizen of Portland got exactly what they asked for.
a

JustPlaneJane

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: May 21, 2021, 01:27:12 PM »

I don’t care.

You are an idiot.

You and the other idiots in Portland are getting exactly what you deserve.

And not one penny of federal funds should be used to bail you out of the mess you’ve voted yourself into.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #59 on: May 21, 2021, 01:36:54 PM »
LOL

Prime gets a three pronged owning😂😂

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: May 21, 2021, 01:51:28 PM »
Do members of ANTIFA tend to be homeless?

Ask them !. They rule Portland, don't they !.

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: May 21, 2021, 01:53:08 PM »
Portland getting what it deserves.  Wheeler can go fuck himself, as can anyone who voted for him.  Without exception.

7 Oregon counties vote to leave ..................

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: May 21, 2021, 01:57:30 PM »
I don’t care.

You are an idiot.

And not one penny of federal funds should be used to bail you out of the mess you’ve voted yourself into.

ANTIFA now runs a whore house in Portland  !?.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: May 21, 2021, 02:09:59 PM »

JustPlaneJane

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: May 21, 2021, 02:21:50 PM »
LOL

Prime gets a three pronged owning😂😂

It’s like the concepts of the law, and enforcement of the law, are foreign to him.

I can’t tell if he is just a follower who can’t form an idea without Google, or if he is so senile he doesn’t realize his life is one big non-sequitur ?

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: May 21, 2021, 02:27:59 PM »
It’s like the concepts of the law, and enforcement of the law, are foreign to him.

I can’t tell if he is just a follower who can’t form an idea without Google, or if he is so senile he doesn’t realize his life is one big non-sequitur ?

Both

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: May 21, 2021, 02:29:43 PM »

Before Christmas 2019 he was planning to kill  himself ,  what a sicko !.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: May 21, 2021, 02:31:35 PM »
There’s a reason for the longevity of the expression, “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.”

As it stands now, the best option is mental institutions.

Liberals have a habit of creating impossible situations then saying, “Well, what’s your idea?”

Mental institutions are appropriate if a person is sick enough to be in one. Like prisons, they aren't hotels for people who reject the norms of society. There is a reason why they were shut down.

"Between 1955 and 1994, roughly 487,000 mentally ill patients were discharged from state hospitals. That lowered the number to only 72,000 patients. 3 States closed most of their hospitals. That permanently reduced the availability of long-term, in-patient care facilities."

If liberals create impossible situations, conservatives over simplify their unrealistic solutions. Your suggestion is an excellent example this.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #68 on: May 21, 2021, 02:43:38 PM »

What I see a lot of among liberals is simply a lack of StreetSmarts. Most come from nice middle-class white areas and they think the entire world is that way.

Have them live in the hood or in Palestine and they would want out in short order.

Prime’s “Hood”:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_Linn,_Oregon

The racial makeup of the city was 90.7% White, 0.7% African American, 0.3% Native American, 4.0% Asian, 0.1% Pacific Islander, 1.0% from other races, and 3.1% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latinoof any race were 4.0% of the population.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: May 21, 2021, 02:56:44 PM »
I don’t care.

You are an idiot.

Someone called your post an owning....since none of what you posted above applies to me...I don't feel the least bit owned. 

I don't live in Portland. I can't vote for the mayor of Portland. I cannot vote for or against funding the Portland police.

I vote in every election. I vote for candidates and measures that are on my ballot. Last Tuesday, I voted for a levy to increase funding for the Clackamas County Sheriffs dept. In previous elections, when West Linn police funding was on the ballot, I voted in favor of it. West Linn has an excellent police force because the majority people in this community support them.

I have never suggested defunding the police. I have no issue with any cop who does his job professionally.

No federal funds will be spent to bail me out of a mess that I couldn't have voted myself into, even if I'd wanted to.

JustPlaneJane

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: May 21, 2021, 03:13:02 PM »
Someone called your post an owning....since none of what you posted above applies to me...I don't feel the least bit owned. 

I don't live in Portland. I can't vote for the mayor of Portland. I cannot vote for or against funding the Portland police.

I vote in every election. I vote for candidates and measures that are on my ballot. Last Tuesday, I voted for a levy to increase funding for the Clackamas County Sheriffs dept. In previous elections, when West Linn police funding was on the ballot, I voted in favor of it. West Linn has an excellent police force because the majority people in this community support them.

I have never suggested defunding the police. I have no issue with any cop who does his job professionally.

No federal funds will be spent to bail me out of a mess that I couldn't have voted myself into, even if I'd wanted to.

You really are stupid.

I didn’t say that you lived in Portland.

I didn’t say that you vote in Portland.

You are a senile, lonely old fool who comes on the internet to argue because you have no life. You have no life, no friends, and this is where you turn for attention.

It’s telling that your solution to the problem previously, was to build tiny houses using taxpayer money to shelter the homeless. Now today you’re patting yourself on the back because of some other ridiculous tangential act you performed that has no bearing on the topic at hand.

Do you not sense the boards hatred and despise for you ? Are you really that lacking in self-awareness ?

Don’t answer my questions, they’re rhetorical, we all know you are.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: May 21, 2021, 03:15:03 PM »
What I see a lot of among liberals is simply a lack of StreetSmarts. Most come from nice middle-class white areas and they think the entire world is that way.

Have them live in the hood or in Palestine and they would want out in short order.

Prime’s “Hood”:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_Linn,_Oregon

The racial makeup of the city was 90.7% White, 0.7% African American, 0.3% Native American, 4.0% Asian, 0.1% Pacific Islander, 1.0% from other races, and 3.1% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latinoof any race were 4.0% of the population.

Am I supposed to be embarrassed about where I live? I'm not. One of the reasons I have lived the lifestyle I have is because of "white privilege". Not just presently, but over my entire lifetime. Of this, I am well aware. You aren't telling me anything I didn't already know.

You are 100% right. I've always lived a middle class or higher lifestyle. A very long time ago, I bought a house and lived in what was considered one of Portland's ghettos for less than a year because I found it didn't suit me or my families needs and we had other options.

West Linn's racial makeup is not much different than Oregon's which which in 2016 was, 76% identified as white, 13% Latina(o), 5% Asian and Pacific Islander, 2% African American, 1% American Indian and Alaska Native, and 3% two or more races. It is not significantly higher than Portland's either, with 77% identified as white, 6% as black or African American, 10% Latino or Hispanic and 8% Asian.

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #72 on: May 21, 2021, 03:21:43 PM »

Before Christmas 2019 he was planning to kill  himself ,  what a sicko !.

I remember that.

He sent me a bunch of crying PMs about being lonely and shit.

Like I fucking cared.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: May 21, 2021, 03:25:59 PM »
Prime you brought up pets living in homeless camps, now you’re talking about service animals. One of the steps to get a service animal is to have a written recommendation from a health care provider.  People with health care providers aren’t ending up in homeless encampments (or if they are it’s a minimal amount).

Again you pointed out pets living in these homeless areas, along with women and children, why? Did you think people were unaware of this? Why do homeless pets matter to you but wildlife doesn’t? What life do you value?

In Oregon, even the homeless and indigent can have healthcare providers if they choose to.  https://www.oregon.gov/oha/hsd/ohp/pages/apply.aspx

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: May 21, 2021, 03:28:13 PM »
Am I supposed to be embarrassed about where I live? I'm not. One of the reasons I have lived the lifestyle I have is because of "white privilege". Not just presently, but over my entire lifetime. Of this, I am well aware. You aren't telling me anything I didn't already know.

You are 100% right. I've always lived a middle class or higher lifestyle. A very long time ago, I bought a house and lived in what was considered one of Portland's ghettos for less than a year because I found it didn't suit me or my families needs and we had other options.

West Linn's racial makeup is not much different than Oregon's which which in 2016 was, 76% identified as white, 13% Latina(o), 5% Asian and Pacific Islander, 2% African American, 1% American Indian and Alaska Native, and 3% two or more races. It is not significantly higher than Portland's either, with 77% identified as white, 6% as black or African American, 10% Latino or Hispanic and 8% Asian.

;D