Author Topic: Wrist Wraps for Bench Pressing?  (Read 5044 times)

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Re: Wrist Wraps for Bench Pressing?
« Reply #100 on: June 30, 2021, 05:27:35 PM »
I haven't used wraps in many years, but i also don't go that heavy anymore, there is no point for me.
Me neither. Even when I did use them it was only to help with existing pain in wrists/elbows and mostly for overhead stuff.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Rascal full

• Getbig IV
« Reply #101 on: July 01, 2021, 05:11:05 AM »
It’s not “plain” like you’re thinking, it is “plane” as in airplane.

Pellius and/or Henda can explain - I’ve sent them videos of me flying in it. Enough said, I don’t want to XFactor in this thread.

As for physique photos I just posted a back photo of me seated rowing a few weeks ago and took it down after five minutes. The poster “Rascal Full” saw it and responded to it. If you can get him to join this thread he can say what he wants about it. I believe I also sent him (or Illuminati ?) a photo of me in my work “uniform”.

I have sent front/back/side body photos in my workout gear to Chaos, Henda, Pellius, and Illuminati asking for training advice - with the date/time showing on my phone. In addition to the upside coffee cup photos I posted here (was told to remove them) and sent to OMR and Chaos.

It’s all good. I will bench again on Thursday or Friday once I get back home.

Yes, I saw the photo and was very impressed. Jane has got a great back, excellent development and everything in proportion but she also looks elegant and has a feminine shapeliness I find particularly appealing.

She is a rare gem guys, a very welcome addition to getbig; a genuine sexy lady who trains and has a great sense of humor.

JustPlaneJane

• Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: July 01, 2021, 03:51:53 PM »
Yes, I saw the photo and was very impressed. Jane has got a great back, excellent development and everything in proportion but she also looks elegant and has a feminine shapeliness I find particularly appealing.

She is a rare gem guys, a very welcome addition to getbig; a genuine sexy lady who trains and has a great sense of humor.

Hi 🙋‍♀️

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #103 on: July 01, 2021, 03:52:24 PM »
Hi OP.

Let's see... so a nice clean "touch & go" 165 pound bench press at a body weight of 144. Very nice. You're not a competitive powerlifter or weightlifter so the actual weight you move while benching isn't super critical. I realize everyone wants to be stronger and the bench press is certainly the gold standard for measuring strength. For bodybuilding- THE WEIGHT DOES NOT MATTER.

Keep doing what your doing. Do not try for bench press PR's (personal records) too often. Do not over train your front delts.

Next stop 185 pounds

Next stop 205 pounds

Next stop 225 pounds

Final stop 2X body weight

Then fame & fortune will arrive  :)

Tom
a

JustPlaneJane

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: July 01, 2021, 05:37:02 PM »
Hi OP.

Let's see... so a nice clean "touch & go" 165 pound bench press at a body weight of 144. Very nice. You're not a competitive powerlifter or weightlifter so the actual weight you move while benching isn't super critical. I realize everyone wants to be stronger and the bench press is certainly the gold standard for measuring strength. For bodybuilding- THE WEIGHT DOES NOT MATTER.

Keep doing what your doing. Do not try for bench press PR's (personal records) too often. Do not over train your front delts.

Next stop 185 pounds

Next stop 205 pounds

Next stop 225 pounds

Final stop 2X body weight

Then fame & fortune will arrive  :)

Tom

Tom,

That is a very inspiring message, except I’m kind of a skinny girl.

My 155 lb bench press is probably close to as much as I can do with my arm length.

This week I’m concentrating on my squat. I want to see how that goes ! No inseam jokes.  🤣

🙋‍♀️

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #105 on: July 01, 2021, 06:08:35 PM »
Be sure to post some numbers. I trust your updates will be popular.  ;)
a

Rascal full

• Getbig IV
« Reply #106 on: July 01, 2021, 11:49:34 PM »
Be sure to post some numbers. I trust your updates will be popular.  ;)

Haha you got that right! Great to have you giving advice, you have been there and done it all so couldn't be better really.

Jane, you go girl!

JustPlaneJane

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: July 02, 2021, 10:29:20 AM »
Haha you got that right! Great to have you giving advice, you have been there and done it all so couldn't be better really.

Jane, you go girl!

When I see Tom’s post all I can think of is 551 lbs.

551 freaking pounds.

That is a staggering number. It actually makes me giggle a little.

Titus Pullo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #108 on: July 02, 2021, 11:46:24 AM »
Wow.

I’m not even sure how to respond to that ?

M'lady,

No need to.

That jerk was an insane wannabe.  He also claimed he was former special forces and a myriad of other amazing things.

Ultimately, someone exposed him as a fraud...methinks OneMoreRep had something significant to do with that?

We've still got plenty of looney sumbitches around, but I am thankful that you are here now versus the days of yore.  The sock puppetry and sheer persistent nastiness was out of control then.  The likes of Sarcasm/Squadfather/Mirz/Quaker Oats and ilk saw every topic devolve into something so juvenile and lame that any semblance of reasoned discussion was like pissing upwind in a hurricane.  I'm sure if his fat ass was still here, Dave Mirza would relentlessly hound you for pictures to "prove" your identity though, ironically, the only pics he posted of himself were bad reflections from a sliding glass door (which, incidentally, showed that he was fat and decidedly lacking in muscle).

You keep rockin' on, sister :)  And while I reckon you've got that 165 in you, as Tommy said, chasing 1RM bench PRs is no sound way to further your physique goals.  At most, that's a sideshow, something to occasionally pursue for fun :)

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: July 04, 2021, 01:44:42 PM »
Wow.

I’m not even sure how to respond to that ?
Lmfao!

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #110 on: July 04, 2021, 07:33:03 PM »
Support. Doesn't matter if it's a 135 warm-up, or  315 working set, it feels more solid and secure. Especially since I have naturally small wrists (like 7".. however one went up to 8.5" in like a month recently, which I gotta post about, and yesterday the other went up a good .5-.75" overnight)

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: July 04, 2021, 07:49:48 PM »
Support. Doesn't matter if it's a 135 warm-up, or  315 working set, it feels more solid and secure. Especially since I have naturally small wrists (like 7".. however one went up to 8.5" in like a month recently, which I gotta post about, and yesterday the other went up a good .5-.75" overnight)
My nikka

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #112 on: July 04, 2021, 09:16:46 PM »
When I see Tom’s post all I can think of is 551 lbs.

551 freaking pounds.

That is a staggering number. It actually makes me giggle a little.

We all have small moments in life. This post is one of mine.

Sincerely appreciated JPJ.
a

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #113 on: July 05, 2021, 02:12:13 AM »
In my mind it was always like using wraps for pulling movements. Once you start using it you lose your grip strength. And with the wraps for pressing you lose your wrist strength. Also I have small wrists genetically so why would I make it worse by making it even easier for them. If anything I want to do more work for my wrists. Skinny forearms/wrists looks gay and fragile imo.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #114 on: July 05, 2021, 03:55:58 PM »

This week I’m concentrating on my squat. I want to see how that goes ! No inseam jokes.  🤣

🙋‍♀️
Videos? :D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Cook

• Getbig IV
« Reply #115 on: July 05, 2021, 04:03:23 PM »
Good luck.Sounds like you are doing great and getting some good advice

BEEFYHEAVYWEIGHT

• Getbig IV
  • Grimek
« Reply #116 on: July 05, 2021, 06:25:02 PM »
Wouldnt suprise me if Rory Leidelmeyer benched with wrist straps.....and batting gloves.

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: July 05, 2021, 06:54:38 PM »
Wouldnt suprise me if Rory Leidelmeyer benched with wrist straps.....and batting gloves.

JustPlaneJane

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: July 05, 2021, 09:34:08 PM »

Is the idea that if you have the wrist wraps you don’t need gloves ?

I tried the fingerless gloves for a short while but I never could get used to them. They seemed to work well with power cleans, but there were a lot of lifts where they seemed too slippery.

I always felt like I had Mickey Mouse hands while I was wearing them.