Author Topic: Wrist Wraps for Bench Pressing?  (Read 5043 times)

JustPlaneJane

• Getbig V
Re: Wrist Wraps for Bench Pressing?
« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2021, 07:05:21 PM »
I've addressed this before to another poster. I haven't benched In while because of the excruciating pain that's in my wrist tracking up my extensors. The STRAPS along with my wrists being taped with white athletic tape and sometimes Rocktape shoring up the extensors and facia works as compression relieving some pain while I do the movement. Even though the pain is still above an 8, I switched to mostly DB work. On flat, some days I can only get to 80-85lbs on good days if I take an OTC pain reliever 120-130's for 8-10 aren't unusual. On chest days it's always day by day.

This is excellent (not your pain of course). This is exactly what I was wondering about. The carpal bones irritating the wrist nerves and tendons over a long period of time. You probably have lifted heavy as long or longer than anyone here except Wes.

I tried to grab my Olympic bar today with my wrist straps on and try the movement on my flat bench. I just realized I tried to use the straps with a thumbless grip and that is not what the illustration shows.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #51 on: June 19, 2021, 07:37:55 PM »
Since all of you are bench pressing leviathans who rep out with 500 lbs on the flat bench I wanted to ask about wearing wrist wraps while bench pressing.

Are people wearing them for support ?

Are they wearing them to protect against long-term wrist damage ?

Or is this poser gear and I should spend my money on white Otomix lifting shoes instead ?

Can we please get a few serious answers before you boys venture off on a tangent and turn the discussion into something about dicks ?
Personally I liked to wrap as high onto my palm as possible to create as much support as I could. During heavier sets wrists tend to lay back causing a loss of direct drive power and possibly pain from bending backwards.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

JustPlaneJane

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2021, 08:10:08 PM »
Personally I liked to wrap as high onto my palm as possible to create as much support as I could. During heavier sets wrists tend to lay back causing a loss of direct drive power and possibly pain from bending backwards.

I’d imagine your wrists are twice the size of mine ?

When you say “pain from bending backwards” do you mean immediate pain as you push, or pain later in the day or evening as inflammation flares up ?

Do you bench with a thumbless grip ?

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: June 19, 2021, 08:30:44 PM »
I’d imagine your wrists are twice the size of mine ?

When you say “pain from bending backwards” do you mean immediate pain as you push, or pain later in the day or evening as inflammation flares up ?

Do you bench with a thumbless grip ?
My wrists are only about 8.5" so you must have tiny wrists. ;D
Pain both during and after a lift, overhead or bench. Keeping the wrist straight helps push into the bar. I do not use suicide grip, it's one of those "natural selection" things to me.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2021, 10:43:40 AM »
Natty or not, that is an extraordinary amount of weight.

P.S. Not a “bro” (I’m a skinny female) but I know you didn’t mean it as an insult.  😊
Oh ok sorry ma'am, somehow i tend to assume that every getbigger is a male lol

JustPlaneJane

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2021, 12:11:10 PM »
Oh ok sorry ma'am, somehow i tend to assume that every getbigger is a male lol

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #56 on: June 26, 2021, 04:29:26 PM »

Is this to be deemed representative of what you look like?  I would say you're too smart to post a picture because even I am bright enough not to do so.  Okay...I am bright enough in one respect but not bright enough technology wise.

I seem to recall you are quite tall.  Enough of my illiterate, albeit digressing, talk.  I am a bit on the weak(er) side today, young lady...Sorry for the trip down my mental staircase.  ;)

JustPlaneJane

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2021, 10:18:05 PM »
Is this to be deemed representative of what you look like?  I would say you're too smart to post a picture because even I am bright enough not to do so.  Okay...I am bright enough in one respect but not bright enough technology wise.

I seem to recall you are quite tall.  Enough of my illiterate, albeit digressing, talk.  I am a bit on the weak(er) side today, young lady...Sorry for the trip down my mental staircase.  ;)

I’m not sure I look like her, but she has a pleasant face.

As for my pictures, I posted them before and sent my upside down coffee cup photos to Chaos, OMR, Henda, Pellius, and others. I have sent Pellius and Henda videos and photos, they can confirm what I look like. I was told by Princess L to absolutely NOT post my photo on Getbig that this place is full of weirdos and losers. I will abide by her request.

I am blonde, tall, and look like the actress Cobie Smulders. I am more muscular than her (6’ and 140 lbs) and I have bigger boobs.

If you’re near the Ontario Mills Mall in Rancho Cucamonga I am across the street having dinner right now, so you are welcome to join me, my treat.

monsterman500

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #58 on: June 27, 2021, 01:58:45 AM »

"IT"won´t post a picture because it´s a Tranny gimmick account.
what smart woman goes around rubbishing other members threads posting about come swallowing. I asked her per PM for a picture the "surprising" answer...NO

monsterman500

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #59 on: June 27, 2021, 02:00:50 AM »
Booty has posted pictures why can´t this "JustPlaneJane" if she,it has nothing to hide

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #60 on: June 27, 2021, 02:55:58 AM »
I was told by Princess L to absolutely NOT post my photo on Getbig that this place is full of weirdos and losers. I will abide by her request.
HEY......... I RESEMBLE THAT REMARK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ;D

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: June 27, 2021, 03:53:28 AM »
Booty has posted pictures why can´t this "JustPlaneJane" if she,it has nothing to hide
If she's smart she won't post a pic unless she wants the same treatment Booty got.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: June 27, 2021, 03:57:58 AM »
Why wont you post a pic you fucking troll?

Why she should provide whack off material for an asshole like ypu?

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
« Reply #63 on: June 27, 2021, 04:14:21 AM »
'JPJ said, "I was told by Princess L to absolutely NOT post my photo on Getbig that this place is full of weirdos and losers."'

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: June 27, 2021, 05:50:23 AM »
I’m not sure I look like her, but she has a pleasant face.

As for my pictures, I posted them before and sent my upside down coffee cup photos to Chaos, OMR, Henda, Pellius, and others. I have sent Pellius and Henda videos and photos, they can confirm what I look like. I was told by Princess L to absolutely NOT post my photo on Getbig that this place is full of weirdos and losers. I will abide by her request.

I am blonde, tall, and look like the actress Cobie Smulders. I am more muscular than her (6’ and 140 lbs) and I have bigger boobs.

If you’re near the Ontario Mills Mall in Rancho Cucamonga I am across the street having dinner right now, so you are welcome to join me, my treat.

Well thank you kindly but I am nowhere near there.  I do not think posting a picture proves one's existence here and it would not be advisable to do so for you.  I tend to take the decent folk such as yourself, Princess, Wes, Taffin, IroNat, chaos, One and many, many more at face value.

Those such as Straw, Prime and LNM are to be taken at what I would term fece value.  In short, their feelings (they are incapable of rational thought) are nothing but shit.

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: June 27, 2021, 05:56:04 AM »
"IT"won´t post a picture because it´s a Tranny gimmick account.
what smart woman goes around rubbishing other members threads posting about come swallowing. I asked her per PM for a picture the "surprising" answer...NO

Well, I find her thoughts here both mentally stimulating and very humorous.  Ribald?  Perhaps, albeit in a sophomoric manner but that in and of itself can be charming in a woman. 

Here's a picture of me with one of my brothers.  I'm on the right.

monsterman500

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #66 on: June 27, 2021, 08:54:39 AM »
Why wont you post a pic you fucking troll?

Why she should provide whack off material for an asshole like ypu?
The Cancer is eating you like maggots.
Hopefully you will be gone before Xmas.
PIP Wes.  :-*

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: June 27, 2021, 01:32:35 PM »
Lol! Most bodybuilding forums are like 99% males lol, js

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: June 27, 2021, 01:40:14 PM »
Lol! Most bodybuilding forums are like 99% males lol, js
You mean women aren't attracted to oily men in thongs?

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: June 27, 2021, 02:08:51 PM »
The Cancer is eating you like maggots.
Hopefully you will be gone before Xmas.
PIP Wes.  :-*
You`re only comeback is to make fun of a person who had Cancer.............you`re a piece of shit and it doesn`t faze me been in remission for over a year and my doctor told me I`m a miracle as my last scan looked as though I never had a tumor on my lung........my doctor said he never saw anything like it in over 30 years.

Even if I was dead I`d be better off than you because I lived and you sure dont.....bet you`re scared to cross the street without holding mommys hand.

Just hope your kids or familiy members never get seriously ill you scumbucket........you reap what you sow.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: June 27, 2021, 02:21:28 PM »

Why cant you recieve PM`s dicklicker?

Once I pay Josh to find out where you live you will meet some of my insane freiends from Springfield then you will meet a full body cast.

No brag......just fact !!

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: June 27, 2021, 03:53:51 PM »
Hey Chaos !

Driving to meet you and flip tires ! I want to go to Big Bear now that I’ve seen the signs.

;D
Everywhere is hot right now but if you head to Big Bear you can hit the resort and get in some badass views mountain biking.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: June 27, 2021, 04:08:58 PM »
You mean women aren't attracted to oily men in thongs?
Tbh women are more attracted to personality than looks

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: June 28, 2021, 04:41:29 AM »
Tbh women are more attracted to personality than looks
And money than personality.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #74 on: June 28, 2021, 08:40:43 AM »
551 lbs !!!!!

Holy crap, that is incredible. This information is awesome, thank you Sir.

I can fully understand the orthopedic damage in the wrist area using those types of poundages over the long-term.

I’m assuming “raw” means no bench shirt ? Good Lord that is an astounding weight to lift.

I very much appreciate the nice words little lady.

Always had exceptional coaching, equipment, atmosphere and drugs. It's what I did- I was supposed to be good at it.

You are correct... raw= no shirt. Body weight of 272 pounds.

Hey! With the best wrist wraps you will find yourself constantly rewraping and adjusting the wraps. The perfect tightness is too tight to remain the entire workout.  Just comes with the program  :)
a