Author Topic: Bodybuilders that enter natural shows that arent natural.  (Read 7131 times)

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
Bodybuilders that enter natural shows that arent natural.
« on: April 22, 2006, 01:47:36 PM »
I wrote an email to Andy Bostino, president of NGA natural bodybuilding complaining to him about their lack of effective drug testing.

I wasted time, effort, and spirit competing in the NGA, only to be beaten by bodybuilders on gear. How?
After getting polagraphs, numerous competitors would sigh and openly state "wow, glad I passed that"

They would say either they were on it not too long ago as in months! or a few years passed.

I wouldnt think anything of it, I thought well if they dont take it anymore, no big deal. Wrong, most of the ones that did wont their class.. last show I managed 4th, was in the best shape of my life, i guess its all that counts. The first place finisher was one of the guys that made a statement, the guy had grainy dry conditioning, unreal- it was obvious-   but I just wantd to say,

IF YOUR ON GEAR, DONT COMPETE IN NATURAL SHOWS YOU CHEATERS..

I guess there will always be cheaters in life- I dont know how that makes them feel good, hell all I took when i competed was lots of protein supp, multis, and ECA stack...

The NGA president did write back to me and say he appreciated being updated on it and they were oging to get stricter on testing bodybuilders.. I hope so, because stuff like this only makes natural bodybuilder want to say "f**k it!" and either quit, or join the dark side and instead of living a healthy life and a health promoting sport, jabbing yourself with gear and opening the doors to heart dieseas in your 40s.

Oliver Klaushof

• Getbig IV
Re: Bodybuilders that enter natural shows that arent natural.
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2006, 08:51:42 PM »
Check with "Team THE GAME" They might help you with this.
"Shut the F up and train"

an123

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2006, 11:40:02 AM »
All Natural means to most competitors is the ability to pass a drug test.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2006, 03:54:13 PM »
Your asking for guys to have honor.  They dont.   Thats why i choose not to care who does what.
I had freind do a nga show with me and he was on gear all year long, and i still beat his a##.  It was funny as hell.
I enjoy beating the druggies...........i just do my best and move on to something more important.

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2006, 08:06:59 PM »
No shit! Thats AWESOME! Its so annyoing though,  that they have to cheat and go pci on nattys..but it doesnt last long, because the winner of every weight class, and the overall gets a urinalysis..after the show..im not sure how this works- then it gets forfeited to the second place? And what if they took gear?

Anyhow.its annoying and one of the reasons i havent competed in a few years..but now im thinking about a comeback, just for fun to see how i look.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2006, 09:03:07 PM »
Of course ive been beat by druggies too.   But i just dont care. I did my best and its not to important anyway.    The hug from my 6 yr old daughter is a million sandows at least.

I wouldnt be afraid to use if i thought i needed it, or that i was expecting to be a pro or something.

Good luck Herc, if you decide to compete.  Keep it in perspective tho. ;)

jonno gb

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2006, 03:06:35 AM »
People like that make me sick.Surely they can't get any pleasure out of winning knowing full well that they have cheated.In my organisation(NPA in Britain) the drug testing is pretty strict at the qualifiers and the final.Random urinalysis my UK Sports who do all the major sports drug testing in the UK.Anyovewho fails has to pay for the drug test(approx £400),give back any trophies or prizes and is obviously banned for life,not to mention being ostracised from the natural bodybulding community.I think we are pretty lucky as natural bodybuilding is pretty clean in the UK.

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2006, 03:44:38 AM »
I wrote an email to Andy Bostino, president of NGA natural bodybuilding complaining to him about their lack of effective drug testing.

I wasted time, effort, and spirit competing in the NGA, only to be beaten by bodybuilders on gear. How?
After getting polagraphs, numerous competitors would sigh and openly state "wow, glad I passed that"

They would say either they were on it not too long ago as in months! or a few years passed.

I wouldnt think anything of it, I thought well if they dont take it anymore, no big deal. Wrong, most of the ones that did wont their class.. last show I managed 4th, was in the best shape of my life, i guess its all that counts. The first place finisher was one of the guys that made a statement, the guy had grainy dry conditioning, unreal- it was obvious-   but I just wantd to say,

IF YOUR ON GEAR, DONT COMPETE IN NATURAL SHOWS YOU CHEATERS..

I guess there will always be cheaters in life- I dont know how that makes them feel good, hell all I took when i competed was lots of protein supp, multis, and ECA stack...

The NGA president did write back to me and say he appreciated being updated on it and they were oging to get stricter on testing bodybuilders.. I hope so, because stuff like this only makes natural bodybuilder want to say "f**k it!" and either quit, or join the dark side and instead of living a healthy life and a health promoting sport, jabbing yourself with gear and opening the doors to heart dieseas in your 40s.

Just keep LIFE in perspective Herc. I live for me and my family. If competing starts to tear at you, it could start to affect everything else you love around you. Ain't worth it. I competed natural in the early 80's and it sucked when you KNOW the guys that win it were on gear. I thought at that point, I am not WILLING to let placings in a BB contest dictate whether or not I am in great shape. Haven't looked back since.

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
  • http://plunkan.blogspot.com/
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2006, 07:05:54 AM »
Honestly, does it get any more spineless that this?  What girl would actually do that?  I see it all the time and it still amazes me.  I don't even understand how it can be any fun to have that trophy on your mantle.

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2006, 12:59:05 PM »
Honestly, does it get any more spineless that this?  What pussy would actually do that?  I see it all the time and it still amazes me.  I don't even understand how it can be any fun to have that trophy on your mantle.

Dude, you dont even know! One time, this big black guy- I mean BIG, was in one of the shows I did, and this show we had the polygraph RIGHT BEFORE weigh ins! (the other time it was a couple weeks before) anyhow- He was their with his GF. SO after I passed my polygraph, i went to the pump up room, started stretching and what not, when he comes storming in, furious, cursing up a storm- his woman walked up to him and said "Its ok baby" and he turned around, grabbed her b the trhoat, and through her to the ground.  :o

I was like "Come on man, dont do that shit" all these bodybuilders kinda surrounded him and he just got his stuff and left.

Its totally fucked up. If anyone here is going to do natural shows, makse sure its a class act organization.

bigbalddaddy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2006, 03:57:43 PM »
Come on fellas just ask Skip La Cour, he's natural. ::)

freeagain

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2006, 04:42:16 PM »

as soon as iv finnished my test enanthate/dbol 10 weeker ill be crowbarrin on the posin skiddys and hittin a school hall near you !  8)

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2006, 07:08:28 PM »
Natural means you never took drugs....clean means you used to, but not anymore.

I won  the 1989 Suburban natural....I won the Jersey and Jr USA in 1992 just taking clen...some say i was still natural.

then i was off everything for 4 years from 2000 to 2004, I WAS CLEAN...NOT NATURAL.
I hate when guys use shit, and have no balls to enter a regular show....

sorry...just my 2 cents.
ANIMAL

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2006, 07:17:18 PM »
Natural means you never took drugs....clean means you used to, but not anymore.

I won  the 1989 Suburban natural....I won the Jersey and Jr USA in 1992 just taking clen...some say i was still natural.

then i was off everything for 4 years from 2000 to 2004, I WAS CLEAN...NOT NATURAL.
I hate when guys use shit, and have no balls to enter a regular show....

sorry...just my 2 cents.

I dont know why these guys dont believe some others can build huge mass without the drugs????    I guess its a self-fullfilling prophecy in that question. LOL
Your as small as your mind makes you, and your as big as your mind makes you....you pick.

Props to you for going that far, with out this talk on here of "3 grams of this and 3 grams of that per week"   Youd think theyd be pros by now.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2006, 02:58:10 AM »
One thing I will say is our federation here does about the best job possible with the testing.We have few cheaters.

You are tested for all gear, clen, all rec drugs, even ephedra.

Every single competitor is tested, and to even enter the proqualifier you must provide a recent cert saying you are clean. Urinalysis is used, and is sent to Canada to a independent lab. You are also tested twice throughout the year, which you never know when it will occur. They just call and give you 24 hrs notice - and you MUST show up, no show results in a ban. So with being tested 4 times a year, 2 of the times being unplanned [you have no idea when they are]....really has reduced the users competing.

We don't give little bans - 2nd positive or no show = lifetime ban.

Problem is though once our bodybuilders get IFBB pro status they are at a disadvantage to the most the guys who have been using for years.

Ps: Nice post Vinnie

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
  • http://plunkan.blogspot.com/
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2006, 09:14:49 AM »
What federation are you with then? That sounds great.  My only issue is with the polygraph...it seems like there can be/and have been clean, anxiety stricken type people who don't pass and then there are calm, cool, collected drug users who do pass.  I think the poly should be thrown out.

OakExpress

• Getbig II
  • Amateur Natural Bodybuilder
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2006, 10:29:48 AM »
This whole things bothers me too.  I lost my national qualification to a guy that almost everyone is certain was using.  He not only won the open, but the overall at the show.  Personally, I hope he was natural.  Most naturals I've seen have a certain look.  It is very rare to see some one big, very lean, and very dry at a natural show (but it can be done...).

Romans 1:20

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2006, 12:00:38 PM »
Yeah CQ, WHo are you with???

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2006, 12:24:20 PM »

Problem is though once our bodybuilders get IFBB pro status they are at a disadvantage to the most the guys who have been using for years.

I compete with the IFBB - amateur division. Operates on an international scale.

The IFBB drug tests very heavily worldwide remember, just it does not apply to either the USA or Canada.

But don't even get me started on that...... ::)

Swedish Viking you are correct, polygraph needs to go.I have seen some major users pass it back in my WNBF days.