Author Topic: Frank Zane 1982  (Read 8321 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Frank Zane 1982
« on: August 06, 2021, 11:50:28 AM »

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
Re: Frank Zane 1982
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2021, 12:17:41 PM »
Zane had one of the most perfect physiques ever. Small by today's standards but he looked fantastic in his prime.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2021, 12:25:55 PM »
Zane had one of the most perfect physiques ever. Small by today's standards but he looked fantastic in his prime.

My all time favorite Mr Olympia . I tried to emulate him ...and failed .

Thanks for posting a great pic and starting this thread,  Coach.

I thought Zane was at his best in 1979. I was there in Columbus OH  and it's the last Olympia I attended. :-[

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2021, 12:27:53 PM »
Is that the contest where Mentzer had a perfect score and lost in the pose down?

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2021, 12:36:18 PM »

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2021, 12:38:52 PM »
Bhank has thicker hands and head.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2021, 12:43:16 PM »
Is that the contest where Mentzer had a perfect score and lost in the pose down?

Nope. Mentzer won the 1978 Hvy wt IFBB Universe with a perfect score .
I also think he won an IFBB Grand Prix with a "perfect score" but not the Olympia.

In 1979 the IFBB Olympia had under/over 200 lb classes ( *Arnold won the over 200 and Franco the under in 1975 Pumping iron)
I was there seated close to stage in 1979 and saw it live.
Mentzer looked bloated and lacked cuts next to Zane for the overall finals.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2021, 01:02:19 PM »
   did you grab that pic off of mike glass. ???  he had posted it not too long ago. i have never seen zane in better condition.
F

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2021, 01:22:40 PM »
   did you grab that pic off of mike glass. ???  he had posted it not too long ago. i have never seen zane in better condition.

I did. He posts some phenomenal pics on his stories especially the women. This was from his stories this morning

Body-Buildah

• Getbig V
  • Creepy Joe Touches Kids
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2021, 01:58:12 PM »
Zane, like many of the guys from the past, did more than just schmoe-pose also.
He did some Powerlifting, O-Lifting, even did some steel bending.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2021, 03:43:03 PM »
Zane, like many of the guys from the past, did more than just schmoe-pose also.
He did some Powerlifting, O-Lifting, even did some steel bending.

That's a still from a beer commercial Zane was in.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2021, 05:06:39 PM »
At his best:

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2021, 06:21:34 PM »
At his best:

Incredible pic ! Only reinforces my admiration for Zane in his prime.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2021, 07:12:22 PM »
Zane was one of my earliest inspirations.

A perfect example of what I was trying to explain to Bhank..........Zane at 195 pounds blows his 238 out of the water yet he`d still say, "Yeah but my arms are bigger"......................ID IOT KNOWS JACKSHIT ABOUT BODYBUILDING.

Body-Buildah

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2021, 07:14:38 PM »
That's a still from a beer commercial Zane was in.

Yup, but he did do PL and O-Lifting early on... Well known...

Body-Buildah

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2021, 07:16:08 PM »
At his best:

D-Mass took that pic of Frank. And some others of Mentzer, etc in that same hallway, at a show (out back).

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2021, 07:24:05 PM »
D-Mass took that pic of Frank. And some others of Mentzer, etc in that same hallway, at a show (out back).
Yes he did.

Went to Daves house and he showed me a lot of contest pics and I`m like Damn Dave you smoked these guys.................... .he told me at times he didn`t even place.

Had him going up against John Giralamo in one contest ....anybody remember him.....Dave looked awesome but told me Girolamo won the contest and Dave didn`t even place.....if I recall correctly.

This is going by my old memory but the scenario was the same.

Dave got robbed a lot IMO.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2021, 07:48:10 PM »

Do you have links of the Mentzer pics?

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2021, 07:49:19 PM »

What's the link to Glass' site. Never heard of him before.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2021, 07:52:31 PM »
Zane was one of my earliest inspirations.

A perfect example of what I was trying to explain to Bhank..........Zane at 195 pounds blows his 238 out of the water yet he`d still say, "Yeah but my arms are bigger"......................ID IOT KNOWS JACKSHIT ABOUT BODYBUILDING.

You keep saying that but then I look and see cuts and veins everywhere. I think me leaned out would around 210 would compare favorable to Zane. But I am over being lean I am pushing 230 and looking North calves still need more have only had a calf raise a couple months. I need another 6 next summer they will be cows

You want to talk actual bodybuilding fine I am too heavy to make 200 or 205 I would also be to thin on stage even at 212 I am 511 and need to be a lot heavier than that to fill or my frame. So the only option is open heavyweight which means I need a lot more size. I am too big for the light heavy and classic and too small for open heavyweight so yes I would ha e to grow into a show as would need to be at least 240 my 225 is lean enough if I could add 15lbs I would do well as a master competitor but again only option is to add 15 otherwise no point as too heavy and wouldn’t be full enough in lighter classes anyway

Zane being 185 doesn't mean I can make 185 or under 200 or 205 my classic height limit or 212 I am too heavy for all those divisions and legs are still not thick enough for stage. My frame needs more size and weight than that

511 225 lean doesn't win a show in 2021 I know that but that doesn't mean it isn't jacked

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2021, 08:01:47 PM »
You keep saying that but then I look and see cuts and veins everywhere. I think me leaned out would around 210 would compare favorable to Zane. But I am over being lean I am pushing 230 and looking North calves still need more have only had a calf raise a couple months. I need another 6 next summer they will be cows

Ummmm...ahhhh...No.  Nope.  Not a chance, kiddo.  This is where genetics benefit from dat dere stayroids.   ;D

Zane possessed a far more favorable set of muscular parameters than you, me and pretty much anyone here. No drugs and he would have been dinky.  On drugs he was the personification of exceptional aesthetics.  In contrast, Arnold was the embodiment of "maesthetics" but Zane, like Arnold, was and remains in a class of his own.  To me, Steve Reeves is the greatest genuine natural bodybuilder by far and easily the most handsome.  I have met Zane as did my older brother.  A gentleman in person and without a doubt one of the true all time greats in the world of physiques. 

You have a good physique.  Do not continue to make more of what you present to the world at large here until  it is truly worthy of doing so.  Hopefully you understand that which I am trying to tell you. 

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2021, 08:03:16 PM »
Ummmm...ahhhh...No.  Nope.  Not a chance, kiddo.  This is where genetics benefit from dat dere stayroids.   ;D

Zane possessed a far more favorable set of muscular parameters than you, me and pretty much anyone here. No drugs and he would have been dinky.  On drugs he was the personification of exceptional aesthetics.  In contrast, Arnold was the embodiment of "maesthetics" but Zane, like Arnold, was and remains in a class of his own.  To me, Steve Reeves is the greatest genuine natural bodybuilder by far and easily the most handsome.  I have met Zane as did my older brother.  A gentleman in person and without a doubt one of the true all time greats in the world of physiques. 

You have a good physique.  Do not continue to make more of what you present to the world at large here until  it is truly worthy of doing so.  Hopefully you understand that which I am trying to tell you.

Zane is not a large man I am the bigger man

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2021, 08:03:34 PM »

And to think he lost to that droopy chest/weak armed Chris Dickerson.

Another one that got robbed that night was Casey Viator.

This is one unjust win I can't figure out. I understand Franco in 81, Jay over Martinez, Yates over Nasser that last year, Phil over Ramy when Ramy was dialed in... the name recognition and politics all played a role but what the heck was the appeal of Dickerson? This was before the gay, Black, woke culture was in place. And enough of the "he gave blowjobs to the judges" B.S. Did the judges really think Chris had a better physique than Zane and Viator?

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2021, 08:11:13 PM »
Zane is not a large man I am the bigger man

So you are playing the role of size queen?  Say it ain't so, bro.  And no.  I am NOT joking.  If you continue in this then it is only because the Farce is with you.  I have been much larger than you but that does not make me "better" on the dais and it  has been decades since I entered a competition.   

This moronic hegira of yours no longer borders on self flagellation of Catholic proportions.   If you wish to play the fool, then by all means, play on but pray spare us the faux indignation.  Trust me.  It has become quite threadbare of late.  Do not be another fish.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2021, 08:13:59 PM »
So you are playing the role of size queen?  Say it ain't so, bro.  And no.  I am NOT joking.  If you continue in this then it is only because the Farce is with you.  I have been much larger than you but that does not make me "better" on the dais and it  has been decades since I entered a competition.   

This moronic hegira of yours no longer borders on self flagellation of Catholic proportions.   If you wish to play the fool, then by all means, play on but pray spare us the faux indignation.  Trust me.  It has become quite threadbare of late.  Do not be another fish.

I am not a mass monster but I am 225lbs and as lean as I want to be. I am a larger man than Frank Zane he is shorter with a smaller bone structure. I have been shredded and 195-200lbs been there done that not the goal now. You guys want to play who is the best 195lbs have at it. I am going to 240