Author Topic: 5 days out first NPC show Advice?  (Read 45615 times)

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
Re: 5 days out first NPC show Advice?
« Reply #300 on: August 10, 2021, 07:45:59 PM »
Well I got down to 213 after only having cereal and one hamnburger pattie and 2 bananasd then I went to Sushi dinner and broke down 2 orders sashimi and a philly roll then   spring rolls and seafood habacci. Felt guilty about it when I got home so had a muffin and a popsicle. So sitting back up at 218 now lol but still have a few days just not sure 198.5 is happeneing
Inspiring dedication.

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
« Reply #301 on: August 10, 2021, 07:47:33 PM »
Well I got down to 213 after only having cereal and one hamnburger pattie and 2 bananasd then I went to Sushi dinner and broke down 2 orders sashimi and a philly roll then   spring rolls and seafood habacci. Felt guilty about it when I got home so had a muffin and a popsicle. So sitting back up at 218 now lol but still have a few days just not sure 198.5 is happeneing

I'm not sure if this is a con that fished in Howard or Howard conning Bhank about going to the show or both. 

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #302 on: August 10, 2021, 07:50:19 PM »
I used to do all the odd lift comps at Mt. Park....Jubinville would call me up to the stage to compete................. .I never even trained for any of the events.

Got 20 wide grip chin slow and controlled all the way down to a dead hang then all the other guys were using underhand grips going fast and sloppy using momentum and kipping...I was pissed.....I would have done 50 like that.

My best accomplishment in Holyoke was tying Stanley Blinder a Mr Universe contest placer for 5th, in the double bodyweght for reps deadlift contest.

First saw Leon Brown there,Lou Ferrigno,Warren Fredericks,the  Mentzers Gene Masey Joe Ugolik Columbu Arnold Katz Ron Magnum Elliot Gilchrist  and a host of other liminaries of the time.

In later years I did a contest with Leon Brown  in it and 2 shows with Elliot Gilchrist in them.
Wow, great stories and it brings back some cherish memories and good times as a young buck.
I went with Bix to enter the pull up contest and he did around 33 in perfect form.
Ed Jubinville even said he had some of the best pull up form he ever say.
Like you, he got beat by some guy doing upward heaves LOL for a few more reps.

OMG! Ron Magnum was really impressive and eventually became a WNBF natural pro.
I met him at my first contest in 1978, sitting under a tree , eating an apple getting ready to compete in the men's .
He told me he was just out of the USMC and got better quads from having to do squats on a moving ship gym LOL.

a_pupil

• Getbig V
« Reply #303 on: August 10, 2021, 07:50:47 PM »

You need to start hitting the diuretics hard. Make getbig proud and freeze up like Paul dillet onstage.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #304 on: August 10, 2021, 07:55:08 PM »
I'm not sure if this is a con that fished in Howard or Howard conning Bhank about going to the show or both.
Nope, I'm being legit. If my wife's old friend shows up on Friday, we'll go to the show finals Saturday night.
If BHanks doesn't show, I'll still enjoy seeing the show and dinning out with my wife.

At this point, I think  he  competes . I hope he does well and has a positive experience.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #305 on: August 10, 2021, 08:16:45 PM »
You need to start hitting the diuretics hard. Make getbig proud and freeze up like Paul dillet onstage.

BHank getting carried off the stage would almost be better than winning it. True iron warrior status 💪🏻.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #306 on: August 10, 2021, 10:20:26 PM »
Wow, great stories and it brings back some cherish memories and good times as a young buck.
I went with Bix to enter the pull up contest and he did around 33 in perfect form.
Ed Jubinville even said he had some of the best pull up form he ever say.
Like you, he got beat by some guy doing upward heaves LOL for a few more reps.

OMG! Ron Magnum was really impressive and eventually became a WNBF natural pro.
I met him at my first contest in 1978, sitting under a tree , eating an apple getting ready to compete in the men's .
He told me he was just out of the USMC and got better quads from having to do squats on a moving ship gym LOL.

Good old Bix !!

Joe Dellagelfa from Hartford kicked ass on chins....held all kinds of records....1 finger chins,2 fingers,weighted, etc etc

He told me he got up to around 525 on a plate loaded leg ext. machine but could go no further..... he said he actually felt his shins bending....bookish thin guy with glasses who if he shook your hand you`d drop to your knees his grip strength was insane.....he had a huge deadlift too around 600 at 170 bodyweight.............H artford Barbell Studio....we went every Sat, morning,,,,,,Bob Galucci and Paul Santos trained there as well as Neil Hastey......animals.but the biggest animal was the old owner Bob Colli....he was an old ex Olympic Weightlifter and used to walk around the gym without any warmups and do a few T-Bar Rows with 5 plates....wander some more then a front squat with 315....mind you he was jumping into people sets to do these without a warmup.  ;D

Do you remember Jay Silva....he was young with tons of potential but passed away.....sadly enough.

Tomorrow I`ll tell you how I met Len Archambault and Manny Perry in Boston.

Tennisballz

• Getbig IV
  • You CANNOT be serious!
« Reply #307 on: August 10, 2021, 10:33:27 PM »

You looked fantastic in that video.  I hope you won that show and if not I'd like to see the guy that beat you!

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #308 on: August 10, 2021, 10:54:41 PM »
Has anyone brought up Bhanks ankle monitor*? That will throw of his symmetry.

I've seen dudes marked down for nipple rings.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." -- Joe Rogan
« Reply #309 on: August 11, 2021, 04:17:08 AM »

Keep up the iron willpower, Bhank!

Cook

• Getbig IV
« Reply #310 on: August 11, 2021, 04:29:24 AM »
Good old Bix !!

Joe Dellagelfa from Hartford kicked ass on chins....held all kinds of records....1 finger chins,2 fingers,weighted, etc etc

He told me he got up to around 525 on a plate loaded leg ext. machine but could go no further..... he said he actually felt his shins bending....bookish thin guy with glasses who if he shook your hand you`d drop to your knees his grip strength was insane.....he had a huge deadlift too around 600 at 170 bodyweight.............H artford Barbell Studio....we went every Sat, morning,,,,,,Bob Galucci and Paul Santos trained there as well as Neil Hastey......animals.but the biggest animal was the old owner Bob Colli....he was an old ex Olympic Weightlifter and used to walk around the gym without any warmups and do a few T-Bar Rows with 5 plates....wander some more then a front squat with 315....mind you he was jumping into people sets to do these without a warmup.  ;D

Do you remember Jay Silva....he was young with tons of potential but passed away.....sadly enough.

Tomorrow I`ll tell you how I met Len Archambault and Manny Perry in Boston.
I love these stories.I have nothing that compares.We had some of the top powerlifters in the world come through our gym at one time or another but we only had two competitive bodybuilders at our gym.Both were very good but mostly powerlifters there.

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
« Reply #311 on: August 11, 2021, 05:37:50 AM »
BHank getting carried off the stage would almost be better than winning it. True iron warrior status 💪🏻.

The best of all possible outcomes here.

At this point I think this is a LARP based on some fear of the imminent court date

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #312 on: August 11, 2021, 05:53:15 AM »

Masterposer Jeff owns all opposition there!
Q

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #313 on: August 11, 2021, 05:54:44 AM »
That routine is gay as all get out.

No offense intended.

Posing was perfect to that Epic piece
Q

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #314 on: August 11, 2021, 08:22:28 AM »
Do they have vendors at these things selling posing trunks by any chance? Or Is there someplace that can overnight an order? Does it matter which cut I get they seem to have diffferent ones?

webstar

• Getbig V
« Reply #315 on: August 11, 2021, 08:24:49 AM »
Do they have vendors at these things selling posing trunks by any chance? Or Is there someplace that can overnight an order?

no, moron.

That is like asking going to car race and asking if they provide the car.

We ship our orders to all US States, territories and APO/FPO addresses, as well as more than 200 other countries. Orders placed with at least three months advanced notice of the show dates will ship out about ten to twelve days out from the show date. All orders are shipped either Express or Next Day (Overnight) - either USPS or UPS. We charge for shipping on the day that the order is shipped. Clients are responsible for all shipping costs.

*All processing and transit times are estimates and are subject to change without notice*

Express Shipping (1-2 business days)

Next Day Shipping (1 business day)

http://www.cjselitesuits.com/usa-ordering.html

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #316 on: August 11, 2021, 08:27:32 AM »
no, moron.

That is like asking going to car race and asking if they provide the car.

We ship our orders to all US States, territories and APO/FPO addresses, as well as more than 200 other countries. Orders placed with at least three months advanced notice of the show dates will ship out about ten to twelve days out from the show date. All orders are shipped either Express or Next Day (Overnight) - either USPS or UPS. We charge for shipping on the day that the order is shipped. Clients are responsible for all shipping costs.

*All processing and transit times are estimates and are subject to change without notice*

Express Shipping (1-2 business days)

Next Day Shipping (1 business day)

http://www.cjselitesuits.com/usa-ordering.html

3 months notice to get a pair of posing trunks??

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #317 on: August 11, 2021, 08:35:11 AM »
Do they have vendors at these things selling posing trunks by any chance? Or Is there someplace that can overnight an order? Does it matter which cut I get they seem to have diffferent ones?

Amazon has some if you get jammed up. The Andreas Cahling ones should be decent.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." -- Joe Rogan
« Reply #318 on: August 11, 2021, 08:36:52 AM »

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #319 on: August 11, 2021, 08:37:46 AM »
Amazon has some if you get jammed up. The Andreas Cahling ones should be decent.

Yeah I already have one pair of XL Andreas Cahling that seem to fit think they are the classic cut though not sure but I guess they are what I am wearing. I wasn't sure if I needed 2 suits or if one was enough. Even if I order off amazon it looks like next tuesday delivery earliest

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #320 on: August 11, 2021, 08:39:41 AM »
Yeah I already have one pair of XL Andreas Cahling that seem to fit think they are the classic cut though not sure but I guess they are what I am wearing. I wasn't sure if I needed 2 suits or if one was enough. Even if I order off amazon it looks like next tuesday delivery earliest

fucks sake , if its not bad enough you have wide hips as well....

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #321 on: August 11, 2021, 08:50:36 AM »
3 months notice to get a pair of posing trunks??

Look dude, you're gonna have to go with the old pair you have. Or some basic "speedo" briefs at this point.
Maybe an actual speedo at a sporting good store? Naw, fuk that, just go with your old Andreas Cahlings at this point

No matter, it's too late for " I told ya so". NOW, you've got to improvise and  do what you can to compete.
Good luck and keep us posted with updates.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #322 on: August 11, 2021, 09:03:39 AM »
Look dude, you're gonna have to go with the old pair you have. Or some basic "speedo" briefs at this point.
Maybe an actual speedo at a sporting good store? Naw, fuk that, just go with your old Andreas Cahlings at this point

No matter, it's too late for " I told ya so". NOW, you've got to improvise and  do what you can to compete.

knowing his luck the "S" will fall off before he goes onstage..

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #323 on: August 11, 2021, 09:16:27 AM »

Why the fuck doesn't joswift have blue stars as a competitor?

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #324 on: August 11, 2021, 09:29:49 AM »

Yeah well I am stealing Wes song 2001 space odyessey. The real issue is getting rid of my belly the next 2 days. I am 2 days out with no abs and still bloated. I have digestive issues so basically bloated with gas need to bring it down or that is what I thought my old super metabolism hasn't leaned me out yet. Despite only eating 3 meals yesterday. May to have to actually eat less for a day or 2. Considering takign some metamucil to clear out the guts don't want to take a laxative as I already get like diarea and bloating but need to empty also have some petpo and some imidium or somethign I got from cvs. Not going to lose much fat at this poiunt but If I could at least flatten the belly that would be a start