Author Topic: Goodbye Gruden  (Read 5022 times)

Shakh

• Getbig II
Goodbye Gruden
« on: October 10, 2021, 09:17:53 AM »
I hope >:(

Dave D

• Getbig V
Re: Goodbye Gruden
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2021, 10:08:39 AM »
They should release the whole email chain so we can determine what he meant. Lips as big as a brand of  tires is a weird comment.

If someone took a quote from here about Phil heaths nose width that could be viewed as racist (and given this site it probably was).

I’m not defending what he said but I am curious as to what he meant in context of the conversation, because we could talk about Heaths nose width and have it be focused on his GH use, where as the tire lips COULD be about something else not race related.

Or Smith may just have large lips. Nothing to do with race. Just like Gruden has a Campbell’s soup bowl haircut.

Shakh

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2021, 10:33:33 AM »

Or Smith may just have large lips. Nothing to do with race. Just like Gruden has a Campbell’s soup bowl haircut.

Don't compare large lips to a funny haircut

Rusty Trombone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2021, 10:34:00 AM »
Who the fuck is Gruden?

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2021, 10:44:27 AM »
Don't compare large lips to a funny haircut

Why? People inject their lips to make them larger.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2021, 10:45:18 AM »
People have called Gruden "Chucky" for years and he never complained.

Shakh

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2021, 10:47:38 AM »
They should release the whole email chain so we can determine what he meant. Lips as big as a brand of  tires is a weird comment.

If someone took a quote from here about Phil heaths nose width that could be viewed as racist (and given this site it probably was).

I’m not defending what he said but I am curious as to what he meant in context of the conversation, because we could talk about Heaths nose width and have it be focused on his GH use, where as the tire lips COULD be about something else not race related.

There's no comparison here
When commenting on any body part of any pro bbuilder of course it could almost always be gear related.  If what Gruden said was about the lips of an NFL executive was not race related especially knowing Grudens personality then please call me an idiot

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2021, 10:48:06 AM »
I googled what this was about. Even if something like this had a racial element why is it SUCH a huge deal? Something said in anger 10 years ago is enough to kill a career? It's too much.

Shakh

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2021, 10:49:40 AM »
People have called Gruden "Chucky" for years and he never complained.
That's because he IS Chucky

Shakh

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2021, 10:59:42 AM »
I googled what this was about. Even if something like this had a racial element why is it SUCH a huge deal? Something said in anger 10 years ago is enough to kill a career? It's too much.

I never liked him as a coach He's an idiot with a $100million contract He was given a solid team on it's way back to it's legendary status and destroyed it by trading away 2 top players in the league so the owner could pay him instead He is an Ahole that the officials can't stand and I don't blame them and now I learn that he is a racist too which isn't surprising

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2021, 10:59:50 AM »
That's because he IS Chucky
That's raciss!!!

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2021, 11:08:22 AM »
I never liked him as a coach He's an idiot with a $100million contract He was given a solid team on it's way back to it's legendary status and destroyed it by trading away 2 top players in the league so the owner could pay him instead He is an Ahole that the officials can't stand and I don't blame them and now I learn that he is a racist too which isn't surprising

I don't anything about him or about football, at all.
But if we are honest, most people have "racist" notions that come out every now and then. Does not matter how antiracist someone is, how many minority friends he has, how much he has done for blacks or whoever. Everyone has something against some group or a manifestation of characteristics ("there are blacks and then there are nigs"). This sensitivity to whites saying something even remotely racist is ridiculous. And we know it only goes one way. Today being white is racist in itself, born white = racist no matter what.

Trump was a racist and anti-Semite despite having a Jew as top advisor and a daughter who converted. Can't win.

TheFranchise

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2021, 11:09:14 AM »
There's no comparison here
When commenting on any body part of any pro bbuilder of course it could almost always be gear related.  If what Gruden said was about the lips of an NFL executive was not race related especially knowing Grudens personality then please call me an idiot

He already explained what it meant and it wasn’t racist. This was released by  Demaurice Smith’s camp to help him keep his job that was voted on yesterday.

Shakh

• Getbig II
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2021, 11:20:24 AM »
He already explained what it meant and it wasn’t racist. This was released by  Demaurice Smith’s camp to help him keep his job that was voted on yesterday.

He didn't say rubber lips he said that they were "the size of Michelin tires" He tried to escape by saying he meant to say rubber lips I say BS and so does the league...

The NFL called Gruden’s email “appalling, abhorrent, and wholly contrary to the NFL’s values.” The Raiders have not yet commented on the matter.

Shakh

• Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2021, 11:24:18 AM »

Trump was a racist and anti-Semite
Where is your proof?

TheFranchise

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2021, 11:30:43 AM »
He didn't say rubber lips he said that they were "the size of Michelin tires" He tried to escape by saying he meant to say rubber lips I say BS and so does the league...

The NFL called Gruden’s email “appalling, abhorrent, and wholly contrary to the NFL’s values.” The Raiders have not yet commented on the matter.

He also criticized Goodell in the emails, so I’m sure they aren’t too happy. If you think the league is impartial in this, you must be blind.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2021, 11:35:39 AM »

Mark Davis did comment on the matter. He is the owner of the Raiders, so “they” made a statement.

The NFL is a self serving institution  commenting against this is what they’re supposed to do.

The email investigation was supposed to be about researching their old team doctor. Instead the Gruden comments are released, just in time for D Smith to be re elected as the President of the NFLPA.

Was any information released about Dan Synder (or other Washington leadership) and their sexual misconduct towards cheerleaders? No. Why? We know inappropriate actions took place, sexual things were also said…..

Gruden sucks. But this stupid comment doesn’t make him a racist.

Les Grossman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2021, 11:38:28 AM »
“The NFL’s values…”

It is a league of corrupt owners, felons, anti-American assholes, drug addicts, murderers, and wifebeaters.

The NFL, NBA, NHL, and MLB can all FOAD.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2021, 11:43:56 AM »
Where is your proof?

I'm not saying he was or wasn't. It's what he was accused of constantly. Like everyone, he had his predjudices and stereotypes about different groups I'm certain. What I'm saying is that, no matter what, as a white you can be branded racist at anytime and in fact are a racist just due to the fact you were born.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2021, 11:47:43 AM »
Who cares?

It's all bullsh*t.

Shakh

• Getbig II
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2021, 12:14:42 PM »
Mark Davis did comment on the matter. He is the owner of the Raiders, so “they” made a statement.
I haven't heard anything yet from the team or Davis Post something if you have it

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2021, 12:17:36 PM »

Shakh

• Getbig II
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2021, 12:24:01 PM »
“The content of an email regarding DeMaurice Smith from Jon Gruden when he worked for ESPN 10 years ago is disturbing and not what the Raiders stand for,” Raiders owner Mark Davis said in a statement issued Friday evening. “We were first made aware of the email late yesterday by a reporter and are reviewing it along with other materials provided to us today by the NFL. We are addressing the matter with Coach Gruden and will have no further comment at this time.” 

TheFranchise

• Getbig III
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2021, 12:27:55 PM »
“The NFL’s values…”

It is a league of corrupt owners, felons, anti-American assholes, drug addicts, murderers, and wifebeaters.

The NFL, NBA, NHL, and MLB can all FOAD.

this x 100000000

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2021, 12:32:16 PM »
“The content of an email regarding DeMaurice Smith from Jon Gruden when he worked for ESPN 10 years ago is disturbing and not what the Raiders stand for,” Raiders owner Mark Davis said in a statement issued Friday evening. “We were first made aware of the email late yesterday by a reporter and are reviewing it along with other materials provided to us today by the NFL. We are addressing the matter with Coach Gruden and will have no further comment at this time.”

So he literally commented here:  The content of an email regarding DeMaurice Smith from Jon Gruden when he worked for ESPN 10 years ago is disturbing and not what the Raiders stand for,” Raiders owner Mark Davis said in a statement issued Friday evening. “

And then said they will have no further comments.

I dont know what you're reading.