Author Topic: Alec Baldwin Shoots Woman Dead On Movie Set  (Read 32570 times)

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
Re: Alec Baldwin Shoots Woman Dead On Movie Set
« Reply #200 on: October 25, 2021, 09:54:00 AM »

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #201 on: October 25, 2021, 10:03:35 AM »
COACH, I am no longer aware how any weapon used on a Hollywood set is 'marked' to show that it is safe, but your idea that " a flag should have been placed in the gun that indicates it was clear. Then when ready to use, pull the flag, check for clear AGAIN then load" sounds like a decent recommendation.

But your comment that both Baldwin and the prop master should be found guilty is something I disagree with totally.

Or maybe Baldwin could be found guilty of hiring a prop master who was not qualified of doing a prop master's job.

It appears to my uneducated prop master mind that those of us who accuse Baldwin
of a crime .... only do so because we dislike him.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #202 on: October 25, 2021, 10:23:46 AM »
They both should. It should have been cleared once then cleared again by Baldwin since he was the last touch it, point it and pull the trigger. Because someone says they clear a weapon doesn’t mean they didn’t make a mistake. A flag should have been placed in the gun that indicates it was clear. Then when ready to use, pull the flag, check for clear AGAIN then load. Since it’s a western I’m assuming it was a revolver.

He’s a producer. He knew that the armorer was some 24-year-old Emo chick. He should’ve double checked.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #203 on: October 25, 2021, 10:31:33 AM »
Unbelievable that they could be that stupid. That must have been a whole set full of retards.
Have You spent a day posting on Getbig?

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #204 on: October 25, 2021, 11:09:45 AM »
Have You spent a day posting on Getbig?
Yes.......yes I have.

Les Grossman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #205 on: October 25, 2021, 11:21:50 AM »
COACH, I am no longer aware how any weapon used on a Hollywood set is 'marked' to show that it is safe, but your idea that " a flag should have been placed in the gun that indicates it was clear. Then when ready to use, pull the flag, check for clear AGAIN then load" sounds like a decent recommendation.

But your comment that both Baldwin and the prop master should be found guilty is something I disagree with totally.

Or maybe Baldwin could be found guilty of hiring a prop master who was not qualified of doing a prop master's job.

It appears to my uneducated prop master mind that those of us who accuse Baldwin

He didn’t say guilty of murder.

But they should at the very least be tried for manslaughter.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #206 on: October 25, 2021, 01:57:29 PM »
You just don't.  If you are going to pull the trigger Even with blanks, you do not aim it at anyone.  You just don't.  They all know that.

Thank you.  Simple as that.

Baldwin is a murderer. A stupid, brainless murderer.
a

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #207 on: October 25, 2021, 02:01:04 PM »
He’s a producer. He knew that the armorer was some 24-year-old Emo chick. He should’ve double checked.

Bingo.  Who the fuck would EVER trust some 24 year old, blue haired, metrosexual chick with any sort of gun safety? 

WTF?
a

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #208 on: October 25, 2021, 02:04:51 PM »
LES, I'm 60% sure that they will both be charged with manslaughter but even if that happens, Baldwin should be found less of a 'man-slaughterer' than the Weapon Prop Master who was the main individual responsible  for the safe  usage of each destructive 'item' allowed on set.

Right or wrong ...It's gonna be an interesting court proceeding.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #209 on: October 25, 2021, 02:31:13 PM »
TOMMY, Did you dislike Baldwin due to his acting or political opinions, or his past, adverse publicity BEFORE this event took place?

Or do you simply dislike this individual for pointing the 'pistol' and pulling the trigger and thereby killing  a production member .... without intent to do so.

The lack of intent fits the manslaughter' definition, I believe but in my untrained legal mind, I'd call it a matter of PURE STUPIDITY on Baldwin's part  which may warrant a lighter sentence.

(Pointing an unloaded weapon at anyone is pure stupidity!)

But Prop Guy's part is 'Pure Stupidier' because he is the guy we all count on to keep prop shit like this from happening.

If there is one and only one guilty party allowed, that title should go to the Prop Guy.

Asking for a friend .  Does stupidity warrant a manslaughter charge?

My guess is yes, but .....

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #210 on: October 25, 2021, 02:40:54 PM »

Coach is going by the rules of handling firearms.

Meaning the person holding the weapon is responsible for it.

And he's correct.

When anyone hands you a firearm, it's your responsibility to make sure it's cleared.

When i took firearm training this was beat into our heads because it prevents accidents like this from happening.

I remember during the course the instructor took a pump shotgun and racked it to show it wasn't loaded. Then handed it to us and told us to inspect and see it was clear. Everyone just looked at the open chamber and assumed it was empty. But he had slipped a dummy round into it and nobody noticed because the action was open.

Once he got the gun back he racked it twice and the round shot out.

We all failed that day.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #211 on: October 25, 2021, 02:57:18 PM »
Is the movie any good?

Worth a watch?

djliftsthings

• Getbig IV
  • RIP Pellius
« Reply #212 on: October 25, 2021, 03:00:24 PM »
Clayton Fletcher
@claytoncomic
·
1h
Playing the @WSOP
 shootout and fortunately Alec Baldwin isn't
"

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #213 on: October 25, 2021, 03:08:09 PM »
TOMMY, Did you dislike Baldwin due to his acting or political opinions, or his past, adverse publicity BEFORE this event took place?

Or do you simply dislike this individual for pointing the 'pistol' and pulling the trigger and thereby killing  a production member .... without intent to do so.

The lack of intent fits the manslaughter' definition, I believe but in my untrained legal mind, I'd call it a matter of PURE STUPIDITY on Baldwin's part  which may warrant a lighter sentence.

(Pointing an unloaded weapon at anyone is pure stupidity!)

But Prop Guy's part is 'Pure Stupidier' because he is the guy we all count on to keep prop shit like this from happening.

If there is one and only one guilty party allowed, that title should go to the Prop Guy.

Asking for a friend .  Does stupidity warrant a manslaughter charge?

My guess is yes, but .....

Hi Stunt.  I always liked Baldwin. He was funny. Seemed to make fun of everyone equally. 

Sure he's a Hollywood elitest and he expressed dislike for Trump but that's just coffee house chit chat.

Nobody is telling the truth. We will never know the truth.

Bottom line... Every gun is loaded. Every gun is always loaded. It will kill you.  Do not point a gun at somebody and pull the trigger unless you are planning to kill them. 

Follow that rule and nobody dies. Ignore that simple rule and this is what can happen.

Manslaughter.  Five years in prison for Baldwin.  He pulled the trigger. The girl is dead. The end.
a

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #214 on: October 25, 2021, 03:24:53 PM »

Bottom line... Every gun is loaded. Every gun is always loaded. It will kill you.  Do not point a gun at somebody and pull the trigger unless you are planning to kill them. 

Follow that rule and nobody dies. Ignore that simple rule and this is what can happen.

Manslaughter.  Five years in prison for Baldwin.  He pulled the trigger. The girl is dead. The end.

Exactly.

GymnJuice

• Getbig V
« Reply #215 on: October 25, 2021, 03:43:15 PM »
Is the movie any good?

Worth a watch?

It's killer

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #216 on: October 25, 2021, 03:54:44 PM »
LES, I'm 60% sure that they will both be charged with manslaughter but even if that happens, Baldwin should be found less of a 'man-slaughterer' than the Weapon Prop Master who was the main individual responsible  for the safe  usage of each destructive 'item' allowed on set.

be

I disagree.  Baldwin is 100% culpable.  Others may culpable as well, but the bottom line is  BALDWIN PULLED THE TRIGGER (and it may a have likely been a revolver with a hammer, therefore performed a more conscience action; DA vs SA).  HE FAILED the four primary rules of gun safety.

Treat ALL guns as if they are always loaded.
NEVER let the muzzle point at anything that you are not willing to DESTROY.
Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on target and you have made the decision to shoot.
Be sure of your target and what is behind it.

It wasn't a PROP gun. IT WAS REAL

:

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #217 on: October 25, 2021, 04:00:17 PM »
John Schneider had some things to say.  A bit rambling, but insightful

:

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #218 on: October 25, 2021, 06:35:17 PM »
All these excuses but the reality is if you are keeping score.

1) idiot low rent armorer...why would you have ANY real bullets on a prop set?
2) idiot actor fires gun at cast...
3) idiot producer for hiring idiot armorer...

Problem is, 2 of the 3 idiots is one guy which is why he should be culpable.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #219 on: October 25, 2021, 07:24:05 PM »
TOMMY, OVERLOAD, PRINCESS, etc.

Thanks for you interesting and intelligent responses.

I gotta do some 're-thinking" due to your inputs

This case is going to be interesting and regardless of your intelligent responses .... I still think that Baldwin will not face one day or more locked up.

Les Grossman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #220 on: October 25, 2021, 07:54:13 PM »

I believe that is why there is also an involuntary manslaughter charge.

I’m not sure what the legal difference is, or what action or inaction triggers voluntary or involuntary.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #221 on: October 26, 2021, 09:50:27 AM »
LES,

Voluntary manslaughter is intentionally killing another person in the heat of passion and in response to adequate provocation.

Voluntary manslaughter sentencing will vary by case and jurisdiction, but most convictions result in prison time. According to federal sentencing guidelines, the penalty for voluntary manslaughter consists of fines, 10 years or less in prison, or both.

Involuntary manslaughter is negligently causing the death of another person.

Involuntary Manslaughter is a category D felony here in Nevada, which means that it carries with it: A prison sentence of between 1 and 4 years in a Nevada State Prison; and. Possible fines up to $5,000.00.

Penalties for voluntary manslaughter are significantly less severe than penalties for murder, which could potentially result in life in prison. In California, voluntary manslaughter is a felony and could result in the following penalties: Three, six, or eleven years in California state prison. A fine of up to $10,000.

I'm not sure just yet if the manslaughter penalties are the same in each state such as California, Nevada, or Arizona nor even which state would have jurisdiction, but some GetBiggers may be smart enough to clarify.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #222 on: October 26, 2021, 10:13:55 AM »
At present I'm not up to date nor have I had a chance to read all these posts, but can anyone tell me how a live round (if it was a live round) got on the set, who brought it to the set, and who placed it in the pistol, etc.?

I will say that I am not surprised that 'weapons' were on the set as I, myself, usually carry my 45 when I go to remote regions of the desert around Las Vegas.... but seldom find any reason to use it except for rare target practice, but on a movie set there must have been a 'no weapons' requirement.

Was there?

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #223 on: October 26, 2021, 10:18:43 AM »

Biden is to blame, none other.
Q

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #224 on: October 26, 2021, 10:26:46 AM »
Maybe it's been mentioned but as I understand it the armorer (aka the person in charge of the weapons) for this movie was a woman.

When I found that out the situation made more sense to me.

This person has a history of screwing up.