Author Topic: An example of virtually every Republican voter in the country  (Read 527 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
An example of virtually every Republican voter in the country
« on: November 02, 2021, 01:46:05 PM »
They know what they are against but they don't know why

Faux News tells them what to be angry about this week and they just follow along.

I had a longtime client email me last week and in the email he made an offhand comment about not wanting to mail something because he didn't trust "Biden's postal system"

Here is his statement:  "Also, sending a letter through a postal system run by Joe Biden  is asking for trouble but what do I know."

My first thought was: you apparently don't know shit but of course I would never say that to him.  I was going to overlook it but in my reply I said:  "I'm pretty sure the postal service is run by  Louis Dejoy not Biden (just saying)"

A couple of days later he replied back and started his email by saying:  "Well, you’re probably right about the post office."

I was kind of surprised that he even admitted that but then when I thought about it I was even more surprised that he didn't seem to have a clue that DeJoy was appointed by Trump and seemed unaware of all the controversy surrounding DeJoy.   
He simply didn't know and I was wondering how the fuck that was possible and then it occurred to me that this guy probably only gets his news from right wing sources and he literally didn't know the basic facts about DeJoy and what he has been doing.

He just had no clue and this is typical of virtually all Republicans.

All they know is what Faux News tells them and that's it

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
Re: An example of virtually every Republican voter in the country
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2021, 01:52:49 PM »
Most Republicans use the postal service without thought.

But projecting one idiot's thoughts to an entire segment of the population, or about half the country, is disingenuous.
Y

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2021, 02:08:42 PM »
Most Republicans use the postal service without thought.

But projecting one idiot's thoughts to an entire segment of the population, or about half the country, is disingenuous.

I didn't call him (my client) or the guy in the video an idiot

Both are just grossly uninformed (i.e. lacking basic facts) which I find is the case with most Republicans

I used to discuss politics with my neighbor who is a retired navy seal.  Whenever I would ask him for details on something that he opposed he would always get pissy and I realized he had no clue why he was against something or if he did have a reason it was almost always false and when I would point that out he got even more pissy.   No we both just ignore politics and try to find something that we both agree sucks so that we can bitch about the same thing.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2021, 02:12:51 PM »
Straw still consumed by TDS.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2021, 02:16:08 PM »
Straw still consumed by TDS.

There is no mention on THE TRAITOR in my post other than stating the fact that Dejoy was appointed by him

fucking moron

Grape - this is an example of an "idiot"

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2021, 04:18:13 PM »
I didn't call him (my client) or the guy in the video an idiot

Both are just grossly uninformed (i.e. lacking basic facts) which I find is the case with most Republicans

I used to discuss politics with my neighbor who is a retired navy seal.  Whenever I would ask him for details on something that he opposed he would always get pissy and I realized he had no clue why he was against something or if he did have a reason it was almost always false and when I would point that out he got even more pissy.   No we both just ignore politics and try to find something that we both agree sucks so that we can bitch about the same thing.

I have seen this to both ways. I will say that I think you are pretty informed of politics, I just don’t always agree with your views on things. But, to each their own. There are many informed posters on both sides of the political spectrum on this board, but many more are ill informed. I wonder if you, like me, question how you vote the same way as that person when what they post is so stupid and clueless. Anyway, glad you and your neighbor straightened things out and get along. Nothing worse than hating your neighbor.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2021, 06:32:39 PM »
Must be a lot of them in Virginia tonight. Critical Race Theory turned a lot of people away from the dem party. Deal.

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2021, 10:20:53 PM »
They know what they are against but they don't know why

Faux News tells them what to be angry about this week and they just follow along.

I had a longtime client email me last week and in the email he made an offhand comment about not wanting to mail something because he didn't trust "Biden's postal system"

Here is his statement:  "Also, sending a letter through a postal system run by Joe Biden  is asking for trouble but what do I know."

My first thought was: you apparently don't know shit but of course I would never say that to him.  I was going to overlook it but in my reply I said:  "I'm pretty sure the postal service is run by  Louis Dejoy not Biden (just saying)"

A couple of days later he replied back and started his email by saying:  "Well, you’re probably right about the post office."

I was kind of surprised that he even admitted that but then when I thought about it I was even more surprised that he didn't seem to have a clue that DeJoy was appointed by Trump and seemed unaware of all the controversy surrounding DeJoy.   
He simply didn't know and I was wondering how the fuck that was possible and then it occurred to me that this guy probably only gets his news from right wing sources and he literally didn't know the basic facts about DeJoy and what he has been doing.

He just had no clue and this is typical of virtually all Republicans.

All they know is what Faux News tells them and that's it

Straw Man sets up a straw man to make a "point" of some sort.

Go clean your fucking yard, Rob.
~

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2021, 04:04:37 AM »
There is no mention on THE TRAITOR in my post other than stating the fact that Dejoy was appointed by him

fucking moron

Grape - this is an example of an "idiot"
Trump-Trump-Trump-Trump-Trump--He owns my tiny brain--Trump-Trump-Trump--I am going insane--Trump-Trump-Trump-Trump