Author Topic: Carnivore Diet  (Read 56382 times)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Re: Carnivore Diet
« Reply #800 on: May 18, 2023, 06:10:41 PM »
Is a calorie just a calorie?
X

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
« Reply #801 on: May 18, 2023, 06:13:15 PM »

From an energy standpoint yes, from a nutritional standpoint, no.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #802 on: May 18, 2023, 11:57:28 PM »
Pretty much for everyone except competitive bodybuilders.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #803 on: May 19, 2023, 04:30:14 AM »

"All calories are the same by scientific definition, but they are not all the same as far as how your body responds to them.  By definition, a calorie is a unit of energy, so all calories are regarded as the same outside the body.

For weight loss, calories count but that doesn’t mean you have to count them.  We have complicated metabolisms that react differently to different calorie-containing foods.

Focusing on higher-quality calories and higher-satiety eating can help you eat fewer calories — without even trying!"

https://www.dietdoctor.com/science/calorie

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #804 on: May 19, 2023, 05:59:22 AM »

if you ate only protein and fats as opposed to fats and carbs (same number of cals) you would have a totally different body composition

So no, a calorie isnt just a calorie

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
« Reply #805 on: May 19, 2023, 06:48:19 AM »

Are all cobblers the same?

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #806 on: May 23, 2023, 04:38:12 AM »
There is a fundamentalist vibe to these diets.

I’m not vegan of vegetarian as I don’t think they are ideal for most people.

The one big flaw to the carnivore diet why I’d never do it is the raise in body acidity from all the meat.

Ya, I’m sure Dr X studied monkeys who lived by cannibalism and they lived over 100 years or something will be the next response, lol.

Not for me..

"The consumption of sulphur amino acids from animal protein increases physiological acidity, as does phosphate from dietary phytates in grains. This means some cereal proteins produce as much, or more physiological acidity than animal proteins. For example, oatmeal, walnuts and whole wheat are higher producers of acidity than are chicken, beef and cheddar."

https://www.cambridge.org/core/journals/proceedings-of-the-nutrition-society/article/dietary-protein-and-bone-health-towards-a-synthesised-view/EB7D2F09B15A6F85FED2169249457741

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #807 on: May 24, 2023, 01:37:26 AM »
Many endurance athletes like triathletes eat very high carb diets and are ripped.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #808 on: May 24, 2023, 03:54:24 AM »
Many endurance athletes like triathletes eat very high carb diets and are ripped.

That's a very helpful piece of information for the average Getbigger and for the average Westerner.   :D

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #809 on: October 20, 2023, 04:46:06 PM »
Record-Breaking Yosemite Climber Credits Strange Diet for Success

Earlier this month, climber Nick Ehman broke the record for the fastest solo climb up the Nose, a steep, 3,000-foot route up the El Capitan vertical rock formation in California's Yosemite National Park. But in addition to his raw speed, the 28-year-old's fellow climbers were left stunned by his diet in preparing for the feat.

"His exceptional diet of meat, salt, and water seems to have given him unusual strength and endurance and he took no water or food on this run up the route," the publication writes. "Our local vegetarians were dumbfounded!"

https://www.mensjournal.com/news/world-record-yosemite-climber-meat-diet

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #810 on: October 21, 2023, 05:00:43 AM »
if you ate only protein and fats as opposed to fats and carbs (same number of cals) you would have a totally different body composition

So no, a calorie isnt just a calorie

Wrong...a calorie IS a calorie.

A macronutrient is not a macronutrient.

Its the same as a dollar is a dollar.  What makes up that dollar is not the same.

Did anyone ever take high school chemistry for fucks sake???

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #811 on: October 21, 2023, 05:02:04 AM »

Type 1 vs. Type 2 muscle fiber make-up.....

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #812 on: October 22, 2023, 12:33:22 AM »
Type 1 vs. Type 2 muscle fiber make-up.....
Muscle fiber type has no relevance to bodyfat levels.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #813 on: October 22, 2023, 01:15:14 AM »
Wrong...a calorie IS a calorie.

A macronutrient is not a macronutrient.

Its the same as a dollar is a dollar.  What makes up that dollar is not the same.

Did anyone ever take high school chemistry for fucks sake???
if you talk scince as in a unit of energy equivalent to the heat energy needed to raise the temperature of 1 gram of water by 1 °C (now often defined as equal to 4.1868 joules) then yes it is

Try eating no protien calories and see how you go for body composition

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #814 on: October 22, 2023, 05:07:23 AM »
Muscle fiber type has no relevance to bodyfat levels.

Was in reference to the carb intake.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #815 on: October 22, 2023, 05:08:14 AM »
if you talk scince as in a unit of energy equivalent to the heat energy needed to raise the temperature of 1 gram of water by 1 °C (now often defined as equal to 4.1868 joules) then yes it is

Re-read my post....you just re-iterated what I said.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #816 on: October 22, 2023, 05:44:56 AM »

how much pro you think is needed? most dipshit bb's say 1.25 to 1.5 grams per pound

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #817 on: October 22, 2023, 06:51:11 AM »
how much pro you think is needed? most dipshit bb's say 1.25 to 1.5 grams per pound

what works for you
I have known a guy look lean and conditioned on a vegan diet eating around 75 gms protein a day, he used gear and was around 180lbs

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #818 on: October 22, 2023, 08:21:39 AM »
what works for you
I have known a guy look lean and conditioned on a vegan diet eating around 75 gms protein a day, he used gear and was around 180lbs

i was all the way down to a buck 48 (depleted and fasted for 48 hours) this summer, but my normal weight was around a buck 55 now i'm a buck 71 and all these weights are @ 5-7% bodyfat and i eat anywhere from 80-120 grams a day, some days as high as 160 but on average bout 120 grams daily

science says 1.6 grams per kilo is needed for optimal muscle growth but i was as low as 1.2 grams per kilo so go figure...

on a side note, its hard to eat a lot of clean protien in one meal, for example 70 grams of protien from chicken breast is a chore for me to eat in one sitting but 35 grams of chicken breast is easy-peasy

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #819 on: October 22, 2023, 08:28:51 AM »
i was all the way down to a buck 48 (depleted and fasted for 48 hours) this summer, but my normal weight was around a buck 55 now i'm a buck 71 and all these weights are @ 5-7% bodyfat and i eat anywhere from 80-120 grams a day, some days as high as 160 but on average bout 120 grams daily

science says 1.6 grams per kilo is needed for optimal muscle growth but i was as low as 1.2 grams per kilo so go figure...

on a side note, its hard to eat a lot of clean protien in one meal, for example 70 grams of protien from chicken breast is a chore for me to eat in one sitting but 35 grams of chicken breast is easy-peasy
its easier to write 155
Look into it

MajorDomo

• Getbig III
  • I'm here to chew bubblegum
« Reply #820 on: October 22, 2023, 12:15:37 PM »
"The consumption of sulphur amino acids from animal protein increases physiological acidity, as does phosphate from dietary phytates in grains. This means some cereal proteins produce as much, or more physiological acidity than animal proteins. For example, oatmeal, walnuts and whole wheat are higher producers of acidity than are chicken, beef and cheddar."

https://www.cambridge.org/core/journals/proceedings-of-the-nutrition-society/article/dietary-protein-and-bone-health-towards-a-synthesised-view/EB7D2F09B15A6F85FED2169249457741

Uric acid is the problem - not the increase in H+ ions.

Purines, a breakdown product of protein, easily convert to uric acid (and ammonia) . Uric acid has low solubility and can crystallize out in the joints as gout or  kidneys, as stones.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #821 on: October 23, 2023, 04:43:10 AM »

Purines, a breakdown product of protein, easily convert to uric acid (and ammonia) . Uric acid has low solubility and can crystallize out in the joints as gout or  kidneys, as stones.

An association between meat intake and elevated uric acid levels is based on weak observational, not interventional, studies of people on a standard American diet high in meat, alcohol, sugar and other carbs. 

There are absolutely no studies, observational or interventional, linking a diet high in meat and very low in carbs and alcohol to elevated uric acid levels or gout.

So the problem is most likely a diet high in meat, alcohol, sugar and other carbs.

Observational studies go both ways.  This one blames beer:

Dietary factors associated with hyperuricemia in adults
This cross-sectional survey demonstrated that beer intake is independently associated with increased risk of hyperuricemia in men. Restricted beer intake may help prevent hyperuricemia in the population.
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/17570471/

This one blames sugar:

Sack and sugar, and the aetiology of gout in England between 1650 and 1900
Sugar contains fructose, which raises uric acid and increases the risk for gout. Sugar intake increased markedly during this period due to its introduction in liquors, tea, coffee and desserts. We suggest that the introduction of sugar explains why gout was originally a disease of the wealthy and educated, but gradually became common throughout society.
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/23175570/

And this one blames a vegan diet:

Serum uric acid concentrations in meat eaters, fish eaters, vegetarians and vegans: a cross-sectional analysis in the EPIC-Oxford cohort
Individuals consuming a vegan diet had the highest serum concentrations of uric acid compared to meat eaters, fish eaters and vegetarians, especially in men. Vegetarians and individuals who eat fish but not meat had the lowest concentrations of serum uric acid.
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/23418557/

Furthermore, this interventional study (interventional studies are superior to observational studies) showed that the meat heavy, low carb Atkins diet can reduce serum uric acid levels:

High-Protein Diet (Atkins Diet) and Uric Acid Response
Our findings suggest that the Atkins diet (i.e., a high protein diet without calorie restriction) can reduce SUA levels despite substantial purine loading.
https://acrabstracts.org/abstract/high-protein-diet-atkins-diet-and-uric-acid-response/

I've been eating 1-2 pounds of red meat daily for 4 years, but I stopped eating carbs and drinking alcohol.  I get a physical and other screenings annually and my doctors are amazed at how my health has improved and at how it continues to improve every year.  A couple of them commented on how I seem to be aging in reverse.  I haven't had any joint problems, or developed gout, or kidney stones.  On the contrary, my chronic back pain and shoulder pain have decreased 90% since switching to this way of eating.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #822 on: October 23, 2023, 06:10:52 AM »

potassium citrate powder 1 teaspoon in 2 litres of water or codial drunk throughout the day creates an alkaline state in your body and as such controls the uric acid

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #823 on: October 23, 2023, 06:14:54 AM »
potassium citrate powder 1 teaspoon in 2 litres of water or codial drunk throughout the day creates an alkaline state in your body and as such controls the uric acid

Great advice for vegans and people who love sugar and alcohol.   :D

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #824 on: November 26, 2023, 04:08:39 PM »
Nutrient found in beef and dairy improves immune response to cancer

November 22, 2023

"Scientists at UChicago discover that trans-vaccenic acid (TVA), a fatty acid found in beef, lamb, and dairy products, improves the ability of immune cells to fight tumors."

https://biologicalsciences.uchicago.edu/news/tva-nutrient-cancer-immunity