Author Topic: Carnivore Diet  (Read 56721 times)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
Re: Carnivore Diet
« Reply #175 on: March 15, 2022, 05:41:48 AM »
Colon cancer for one.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/26780279/

No, that study most certainly doesn't say that "People who only eat meat", as you said, get colon cancer.

The study wasn't done in the context of a very low carb diet.  So it may or may not be true for those eating meat along with a high carb intake, as most people do in first world countries.  The high carb intake, promoting high blood glucose and high insulin(a growth hormone) levels, is the problem and not the meat.

Recent studies:

"The panel suggests that adults continue current unprocessed red meat consumption (weak recommendation, low-certainty evidence). Similarly, the panel suggests adults continue current processed meat consumption (weak recommendation, low-certainty evidence)."

"For cohort studies addressing adverse cancer outcomes (31 cohorts with 3.5 million participants providing data for our dose–response analysis), we also found low- to very low-certainty evidence that a decreased intake of processed meat was associated with a very small absolute risk reduction in overall lifetime cancer mortality; prostate cancer mortality; and the incidence of esophageal, colorectal, and breast cancer (range, 1 fewer to 8 fewer events per 1000 persons with a decrease of 3 servings/wk), with no statistically significant differences in incidence or mortality for 12 additional cancer outcomes (colorectal, gastric, and pancreatic cancer mortality; overall, endometrial, gastric, hepatic, small intestinal, oral, ovarian, pancreatic, and prostate cancer incidence)"
https://www.acpjournals.org/doi/10.7326/M19-1621

The analysis provide no evidence to suggest that lower intake or reduction in total and in red meat consumption during a period of 4 years reduces the risk of adenoma recurrence (including multiple or advanced adenoma)
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/15167213/

"In a large multinational prospective study, we did not find significant associations between unprocessed red meat and poultry intake and mortality or major CVD"
https://academic.oup.com/ajcn/article-abstract/114/3/1049/6195530?login=false

"unprocessed red meat intake was associated with reduced risks of all-cause dementia"
"Unprocessed red meat appeared to be protective"

https://academic.oup.com/ajcn/article/114/1/175/6178922?login=false

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #176 on: March 15, 2022, 05:46:24 AM »
Fad diets are all bad stop this nonsense and eat a well-diversified diet we are omnivores we have gall bladders and appendix for a reason you need micronutrients from a variety of food not just macros from meat and fat. I had a steak yesterday and I cooked a lot of mushrooms with it and had some rice the mushrooms have the micronutrients its way healthier than just eating steak

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #177 on: March 15, 2022, 05:48:12 AM »
Joe Anderson,  60 years old, strict carnivore for 20 years eating nothing but ribeye steaks

And his wife:  48 years old, strict carnivore for 20 years too.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #178 on: March 15, 2022, 05:50:59 AM »
Good luck paying double for no health benefits.

Paying double is not necessarily true:

Not necessarily.  Many people already eat plenty of meat with their carbs, 3 or more meals a day.  If they eliminate the carbs, they automatically start eating only once or twice per day.  They'll stop spending money on alcohol, fresh vegetables and fruits, sweets, sugary drinks, medications, supplements, etc.  They'll eat out less too.

That was the case for me and for many people I know.  At worst I'm breaking even. I'm about to eat a pound of 100% beef Whopper patties, with grocery store bought bacon and smoke cheddar...dirty, lazy, affordable, and delicious.   :P

And yes, I have already experienced many health benefits and my health continues to improve the longer I eat this way.

I'd rather pay the farmer double now than pay big pharma 10 times more later.

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #179 on: March 15, 2022, 06:04:15 AM »
Fad diets are all bad stop this nonsense and eat a well-diversified diet we are omnivores we have gall bladders and appendix for a reason you need micronutrients from a variety of food not just macros from meat and fat. I had a steak yesterday and I cooked a lot of mushrooms with it and had some rice the mushrooms have the micronutrients its way healthier than just eating steak
beef liver is the most nutrient dense food on the planet. And it's not a fad diet it's literally what humans were designed to eat, it's the proper human diet.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #180 on: March 15, 2022, 06:27:14 AM »
beef liver is the most nutrient dense food on the planet. And it's not a fad diet it's literally what humans were designed to eat, it's the proper human diet.

No one is saying don't eat meat. I eat meat at least 3 times a day but we are omnivores we are designed to eat everything. Meat is great for macronutrients but you still need things like Fiber and Vitamin C and Flavonoids you will miss out on micronutrients and vitamins if you only eating meat. Do you want scurvy?

https://www.mushroomcouncil.org/all-about-mushrooms/nutrition/

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #181 on: March 15, 2022, 06:36:03 AM »
No one is saying don't eat meat. I eat meat at least 3 times a day but we are omnivores we are designed to eat everything. Meat is great for macronutrients but you still need things like Fiber and Vitamin C and Flavonoids you will miss out on micronutrients and vitamins if you only eating meat. Do you want scurvy?
you don't need fiber, in fact fiber is detrimental for digestion, and there's vitamin c in beef liver. I can go on all day.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #182 on: March 15, 2022, 06:50:09 AM »
you don't need fiber, in fact fiber is detrimental for digestion, and there's vitamin c in beef liver. I can go on all day.

I've been consuming zero fiber for about two years.  My digestive issues are now gone, and my bowel movements are better than ever.

I used to fear I'd get constipated if I didn't eat plenty of fiber everyday, and if I ate a lot of red meat.  All half truths and misinformation I fell for.  It's actually the opposite.

There is a little vitamin C in skeletal muscle meats too.  People eating a very low carb diet don't need as much vitamin C because their blood glucose is low.  Glucose and vitamin C compete for absorption.  Fiber blocks the absorption of nutrients and medications too.

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #183 on: March 15, 2022, 06:53:19 AM »
I've been consuming zero fiber for about two years.  My digestive issues are now gone, and my bowel movements are better than ever.

I used to fear I'd get constipated if I didn't eat plenty of fiber everyday, and if I ate a lot of red meat.  All half truths and misinformation I fell for.  It's actually the opposite.

There is a little vitamin C in skeletal muscle meats too.  People eating a very low carb diet don't need as much vitamin C because their blood glucose is low.  Glucose and vitamin C compete for absorption.  Fiber blocks the absorption of nutrients and medication too.
exactly there's tons of studies showing people with IBS, Crohns, etc when all fiber was removed symptoms dramatically improved. My digestion dramatically improved since going carnivore or even keto where I had a small amount of fiber coming from avocado.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #184 on: March 15, 2022, 06:55:02 AM »

It's simple basic logic a diverse diet is going to be healthier. You will get more nutrition from a variety of sources than one source of food. The human body is designed to eat and digest everything. You get nutrients from plants fruits and vegetable and fungi you simply cannot get from Meat. Excluding food sources that have Nutrional value not found in meat makes no sense. And whoever told you fiber is bad for you is lying to you.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/in-depth/fiber/art-20043983

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
« Reply #185 on: March 15, 2022, 06:57:11 AM »
Bhanky,

You should try a very low carb, moderate protein, high fat eating plan.

Likely, many of your digestive problems would disappear.

Give it a shot.  Right now you are a sh8tting and twisted gut wreck.

What have you got to lose? 

You have to keep the fat intake high though but no trans or hydrogenated fats.

Good fat:
Olive oil
Butter
Heavy cream
Animal fat
Avocados
Nuts

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #186 on: March 15, 2022, 06:58:49 AM »
It's simple basic logic a diverse diet is going to be healthier. You will get more nutrition from a variety of sources than one source of food. The human body is designed to eat and digest everything. You get nutrients from plants fruits and vegetable and fungi you simply cannot get from Meat. Excluding food sources that have Nutrional value not found in meat makes no sense. And whoever told you fiber is bad for you is lying to you.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/in-depth/fiber/art-20043983

How's that working for you so far?

You are a mess of sh8tting and bowel conditions.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #187 on: March 15, 2022, 07:01:23 AM »
How's that working for you so far?

You are a mess of sh8tting and bowel conditions.

The more veggies I eat the better I feel

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #188 on: March 15, 2022, 07:03:17 AM »
Bhanky,

You should try a very low carb, moderate protein, high fat eating plan.

Likely, many of your digestive problems would disappear.

Give it a shot.  Right now you are a sh8tting and twisted gut wreck.

What have you got to lose? 

You have to keep the fat intake high though but no trans or hydrogenated fats.

Good fat:
Olive oil
Butter
Heavy cream
Animal fat
Avocados
Nuts

How the fuck do you think anyone in their mid 40s is going to grow any kind of muscle on a low carb diet? Low carbs is great if I want to weigh 195lbs and be 5% bodyfat. I am not going to add an ounce of weight just eating meat and milk. I am single digit bodyfat right now stuffing my face with everything. I do not need an extreme diet cutting off my micronutrients. Bodybuilders should be concerned with getting enough protein and getting enough calories. Carbs are protein sparring your body will just burn the damn protein you are eating for energy if you don't eat carbs. You will not just run on fat.

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #189 on: March 15, 2022, 07:07:18 AM »

keep doing your thing man, I'm all about optimizing my health, quality of life, longevity. Isn't strange how the bodybuilders of the late 60s and 70s following Vince Gironda's diet of beef, eggs, cream, never had digestion issues like the bodybuilders of today, they all had full heads of hair, they all had glowing skin. Contrast that with the guys today, guys in their 20s look 40, they constantly complain about bloating/digestion issues, taking greens powder/fiber powder/getting colonics, terrible acne, hair loss, it goes on and on. Sugar ages the fuck out of you, processed foods like cream of rice that these guys eat all day because it's "easily digestible" is absolutely terrible for you, powders with artificial flavoring and food dye is absolutely terrible for you. I can go on for days.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #190 on: March 15, 2022, 07:08:12 AM »
Ispaghula = Psyllium Husk Fiber

"Researchers have found that a daily dose of ispaghula husks, a supplement sold as a natural laxative, increases the number of polyps in the guts"
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1370123/High-fibre-supplement-linked-to-cancer-risk.html

"Supplementation with fibre as ispaghula husk may have adverse effects on colorectal adenoma(polyps) recurrence"
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11073017

Vegetarians Have Fewer Cancers But Higher Risk Of Colorectal Cancer, Study
“Within the study, the incidence of all cancers combined was lower among vegetarians than among meat eaters, but the incidence of colorectal cancer was higher in vegetarians than in meat eaters”
https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/142427#1

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #191 on: March 15, 2022, 07:11:03 AM »
keep doing your thing man, I'm all about optimizing my health, quality of life, longevity. Isn't strange how the bodybuilders of the late 60s and 70s following Vince Gironda's diet of beef, eggs, cream, never had digestion issues like the bodybuilders of today, they all had full heads of hair, they all had glowing skin. Contrast that with the guys today, guys in their 20s look 40, they constantly complain about bloating/digestion issues, taking greens powder/fiber powder/getting colonics, terrible acne, hair loss, it goes on and on. Sugar ages the fuck out of you, processed foods like cream of rice that these guys eat all day because it's "easily digestible" is absolutely terrible for you, powders with artificial flavoring and food dye is absolutely terrible for you. I can go on for days.

No one is saying not to eat beef, eggs, and milk but not eating and vegetables or fungi is fucking nonsense zero carbs is nonsense carbs spare protein burning protein for energy is not efficient

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #192 on: March 15, 2022, 07:17:52 AM »
No one is saying not to eat beef, eggs, and milk but not eating and vegetables or fungi is fucking nonsense zero carbs is nonsense carbs spare protein burning protein for energy is not efficient
ok man, keep doing your thing, if that's what you believe then do what you think is best. But again if you're a student of bodybuilding look at the guys of the 70s, quality muscle, full heads of hair, great skin, trained for hours a day, all on high fat/high protein, minimal drugs. Isn't strange how by today's standards you need carbs to grow, you can't train too much or you'll lose size. These guys trained twice a day and took Sundays off. All on steak, eggs, and full fat cream.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #193 on: March 15, 2022, 07:22:13 AM »
ok man, keep doing your thing, if that's what you believe then do what you think is best. But again if you're a student of bodybuilding look at the guys of the 70s, quality muscle, full heads of hair, great skin, trained for hours a day, all on high fat/high protein, minimal drugs. Isn't strange how by today's standards you need carbs to grow, you can't train too much or you'll lose size. These guys trained twice a day and took Sundays off. All on steak, eggs, and full fat cream.

Yeah and my grandfather walked 10 miles uphill in the snow to school everyday bullshit

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #194 on: March 15, 2022, 07:25:08 AM »

Fat is converted to glucose too via gluconeogenesis, not just protein.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3140964/

A lot less protein than you think is converted to glucose in people who have been in nutritional ketosis a while because they are consuming plenty of fat and their body has adapted to using fat for energy instead of glucose.  Their body has plenty of nutritional and stored fat to convert to glucose when needed.

Because most organs and tissues can use ketone bodies as an alternative source of energy, relatively little glucose will need to be created when a person is in ketosis.

"Ketones are anti-catabolic and protein sparing."

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #195 on: March 15, 2022, 07:30:48 AM »
Yeah and my grandfather walked 10 miles uphill in the snow to school everyday bullshit
😁

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #196 on: March 15, 2022, 07:31:43 AM »

Much respect for your Grandpa.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #197 on: March 15, 2022, 07:32:58 AM »
If you keep doing what you're doing, you'll keep getting the same results, which in Bhanky's case is sh8tting, twisted guts of peace.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #198 on: March 15, 2022, 07:46:53 AM »

That’s all true. If you have ever noticed a vegan or whatever terms that doesn’t eat meat, they look sickly and have little to no muscle tone and a pudge look.

I just think moderation is key.

Larry Scott was a big believer in protein and fats, had that hyper growth protein that was high fat, moderate protein.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #199 on: March 15, 2022, 07:50:16 AM »
The more veggies I eat the better I feel
apart from a shit coated cucumber I dont recall any vegatables in your fridge photo