Author Topic: Carnivore Diet  (Read 56764 times)

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
Re: Carnivore Diet
« Reply #200 on: March 15, 2022, 08:42:56 AM »
I have been eating a lot of mixed green salads recently I go through two large bins of it a week. i keep it in the produce drawer. Right now cold no pump. I am currently heating up some mac and cheese with sliced italian sausage thrown in it with some salsa and mushrooms. I had bacon for breakfast with chocolate milk.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #201 on: March 15, 2022, 11:20:01 AM »
That’s all true. If you have ever noticed a vegan or whatever terms that doesn’t eat meat, they look sickly and have little to no muscle tone and a pudge look.

I just think moderation is key.

Larry Scott was a big believer in protein and fats, had that hyper growth protein that was high fat, moderate protein.
Moderation is key. Extreme diets on either side are less healthy and unnecessary. Why cut out half the foods from your life?

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #202 on: March 15, 2022, 11:23:56 AM »
Moderation is key. Extreme diets on either side are less healthy and unnecessary. Why cut out half the foods from your life?

You keep saying this but offer no proof.

I don't do carnivore, but I know plenty who do, they love it, have great bloodwork, and look great.

There's no one size fits all solution to this stuff.  If it works for them, it works.
Y

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #203 on: March 15, 2022, 11:28:38 AM »
You keep saying this but offer no proof.

I don't do carnivore, but I know plenty who do, they love it, have great bloodwork, and look great.

There's no one size fits all solution to this stuff.  If it works for them, it works.
I don't care how anybody eats but there are loads of studies on this. I posted one already. Here's another:
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/10466162/

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #204 on: March 15, 2022, 11:30:27 AM »
I don't care how anybody eats but there are loads of studies on this. I posted one already. Here's another:

You posted one that we made counter points to, and you didn't respond.

Either way, I'm not a fan of anything extreme either, but I don't think there is a "right way" for everyone.
Y

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #205 on: March 15, 2022, 11:36:27 AM »
You posted one that we made counter points to, and you didn't respond.

Either way, I'm not a fan of anything extreme either, but I don't think there is a "right way" for everyone.
There was no reason for a response because your argument was that they weren't eating 100% meat, which is ridiculous. You don't accept meta analysis so there is no reason to carry on the discussion. You do you.

GymnJuice

• Getbig V
« Reply #206 on: March 15, 2022, 12:10:55 PM »
Fad diets are all bad stop this nonsense and eat a well-diversified diet we are omnivores we have gall bladders and appendix for a reason you need micronutrients from a variety of food not just macros from meat and fat. I had a steak yesterday and I cooked a lot of mushrooms with it and had some rice the mushrooms have the micronutrients its way healthier than just eating steak

What is the reason for the appendix Hankins?

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #207 on: March 15, 2022, 12:15:42 PM »
There was no reason for a response because your argument was that they weren't eating 100% meat, which is ridiculous. You don't accept meta analysis so there is no reason to carry on the discussion. You do you.

No, I asked if you see any nutritional difference between processed lunch meats and naturally sourced meats, since you said I was "paying double" for no benefit.

Processed meats were specifically called out in your study.  But, of course if someone eats meat combined with bread, chips, etc it's going to affect the study.  Even Keto, Carnivore types state that if you're going to eat junk, that high meat consumption isn't the way.
Y

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #208 on: March 15, 2022, 12:23:48 PM »
What is the reason for the appendix Hankins?

so you can go in hospital when you are 10 to have it out.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #209 on: March 15, 2022, 12:24:12 PM »

Do you even read those studies before you post them?

If you believe this and the other study you posted, then you are at much higher risk of colorectal cancer and other cancers than someone on a meat heavy keto diet or a carnivore diet, because you eat meat along with a high carb intake.  Those are the study subjects, not people who eat a meat heavy, very low carb diet.  The carbs are the problem.

All clinical studies done in the context of a very low carb, ketogenic diet have the opposite conclusion.  An obesity clinic at Duke University has treated thousands of patients with a very meat heavy keto diet for 20 years, and they have never seen any health issues caused by this diet in these patients. On the contrary, these patients reversed many health issues on this diet.

From the study you posted:

"Estimates of relative risk obtained from cohort investigations are in the same direction, although generally weak"

"existing studies suggest that vegetarians do not have reduced risk of breast, bowel or prostate cancer "

"the type, amount, and cooking method of meat or protein associated with increased risk are not certain"

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #210 on: March 15, 2022, 12:56:05 PM »

Essential Amino accids  = check
Essential Fats = check
Essential Carbs = they dont exist

Eggxactly!

"Thus, exogenous glucose (eg, from added sugars) is not essential for sustaining life in humans, and in most people, restricting dietary carbohydrates seems to produce no ill effects.49 In fact, according to the Food and Nutrition Board of the Institute of Medicine of the US National Academies of Sciences, ‘The lower limit of dietary carbohydrate compatible with life apparently is zero, provided that adequate amounts of protein and fat are consumed’.50"
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4975866/

carbs are the elites way of killing people
Easy to over consume, the body has no "off switch" with simple carbs

Cheap shitty processed foods are slowly killing people.
All started in the 70s when they advocated the "low fat diet", before that 99% of the population didnt have a weight problem

Yup, makes one wonder: If dietary protein and fat are essential, and carbs are non-essential, why are most people in first world countries who have access to protein and fat eating a diet that is mostly carbs?

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #211 on: March 15, 2022, 01:00:25 PM »
Dr. Shawn Baker, super functional and muscular, 55 years old nothing but meat, doesn't even do organ meat.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #212 on: March 15, 2022, 01:10:28 PM »
Dr. Shawn Baker, super functional and muscular, 55 years old nothing but meat, doesn't even do organ meat.

He is also strong as fuck, and claims no TRT or anything. Not sure I believe that.

Even though I've been defending the diet, showing a pic of one guy doesn't prove anything.

But, Baker's videos where he eats meat watching vegan videos creating their fake versions of meat are hilarious.
Y

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #213 on: March 15, 2022, 01:19:34 PM »
Even though I've been defending the diet, showing a pic of one guy doesn't prove anything.

Agreed, but it's not just one pic of one guy.  It's one of several.  At least it shows you can build muscle on a very low carb diet, contrary to popular belief.

Yeah Dr. Chaffee knows his shit, he's been carnivore 10 years, professional rugby player, maintains a great physique all on red meat.

Joe Anderson,  60 years old, strict carnivore for 20 years eating nothing but ribeye steaks

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #214 on: March 15, 2022, 01:25:58 PM »

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #215 on: March 15, 2022, 01:27:01 PM »

LOL...third time this video has been posted in this thread.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #216 on: March 15, 2022, 01:28:12 PM »

plants have evolved for billions of years not to be eaten
Animals haven't

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #217 on: March 15, 2022, 01:28:49 PM »

He is also strong as fuck, and claims no TRT or anything. Not sure I believe that.

But, Baker's videos where he eats meat watching vegan videos creating their fake versions of meat are hilarious.
Definitely a strong dude, and functional, kettle bell work, box jumps with weights,  jujitsu,  out lifted Stan Efferding at Mark Bells gym. Even if he is on trt, he performs better then 20 year Olds juiced to the gills, be hard pressed to find someone at his age that could hang with him.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #218 on: March 15, 2022, 01:30:05 PM »
Dominic D'Agostino, Ph.D.
Research Scientist, Inst. Human and Machine Cognition
Associate Professor, College of Medicine Molecular Pharmacology & Physiology

"The main focus of his lab over the last 10 years has been understanding the anticonvulsant and neuroprotective mechanism of the ketogenic diet and ketone metabolite supplementation."
https://ketonutrition.org/about/

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #219 on: March 15, 2022, 01:58:25 PM »
Definitely a strong dude, and functional, kettle bell work, box jumps with weights,  jujitsu,  out lifted Stan Efferding at Mark Bells gym. Even if he is on trt, he performs better then 20 year Olds juiced to the gills, be hard pressed to find someone at his age that could hang with him.

Don't disagree at all, but wish he was honest.....his strength is through the roof.
Y

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #220 on: March 15, 2022, 01:59:13 PM »
Agreed, but it's not just one pic of one guy.  It's one of several.  At least it shows you can build muscle on a very low carb diet, contrary to popular belief.

By the way, they retested my blood today (unfasted), and my triglycerides were right back to normal.

Odd.
Y

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #221 on: March 15, 2022, 02:00:24 PM »
By the way, they retested my blood today (unfasted), and my triglycerides were right back to normal.

Odd.

Awesome.

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #222 on: March 15, 2022, 02:36:48 PM »

Odd.
Nice I get labs tomorrow,  interested to see my lipids.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #223 on: March 16, 2022, 04:40:48 AM »
Do you even read those studies before you post them?

If you believe this and the other study you posted, then you are at much higher risk of colorectal cancer and other cancers than someone on a meat heavy keto diet or a carnivore diet, because you eat meat along with a high carb intake.  Those are the study subjects, not people who eat a meat heavy, very low carb diet.  The carbs are the problem.

All clinical studies done in the context of a very low carb, ketogenic diet have the opposite conclusion.  An obesity clinic at Duke University has treated thousands of patients with a very meat heavy keto diet for 20 years, and they have never seen any health issues caused by this diet in these patients. On the contrary, these patients reversed many health issues on this diet.

From the study you posted:

"Estimates of relative risk obtained from cohort investigations are in the same direction, although generally weak"

"existing studies suggest that vegetarians do not have reduced risk of breast, bowel or prostate cancer "

"the type, amount, and cooking method of meat or protein associated with increased risk are not certain"
Nice cherry picking.

kreator

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #224 on: March 16, 2022, 10:37:56 AM »
One thing i also noticed after dropping seed oils and eating mostly animal fats for fat is that i rarely got sunburn. My skin tolerates the sun way better than before. Haven't used sunscreen for 2 years