Author Topic: Carnivore Diet  (Read 56383 times)

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
Re: Carnivore Diet
« Reply #225 on: March 16, 2022, 03:21:26 PM »
Definitely a strong dude, and functional, kettle bell work, box jumps with weights,  jujitsu,  out lifted Stan Efferding at Mark Bells gym. Even if he is on trt, he performs better then 20 year Olds juiced to the gills, be hard pressed to find someone at his age that could hang with him.

He's juiced to the tits.

But obviously he lies about it because he is selling something.

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #226 on: March 16, 2022, 03:25:50 PM »
This is interesting.

Maybe i will try this diet.

My best health profiles and daily feeling was on low carb.

I did intermittent fasting for a while it felt great, but after 4 months it was just too much of a hassle.

Going low carb i have found sometimes my blood pressure gets too low.

Carbs are terrible, but they taste amazing.

Hard to turn them down sometimes.

I eat a lot of meat and eggs. I used to drink milk but i haven't in a while now.

Maybe i will reduce the rice/potatoes and veggies for a while. I don't eat much fruit.

I can't honestly see myself eating meat all the time, but it's worth a shot. I like to try new things.

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #227 on: March 16, 2022, 04:54:05 PM »
I had bad allergies for 20 years. Went straight carnivore for a few weeks and I was off all medications.
I do occasionally eat chick pea or lental pasta with no effect. I believe there is something in our bread and pasta that is very harmful. Gluten or something else.

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #228 on: March 16, 2022, 07:51:50 PM »
what do you do when you crave a stack of pancakes, or bread or pizza, icecream?... beer?....

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #229 on: March 16, 2022, 08:19:37 PM »
I have my beer now and then. Totally lost my craving for pizza and pasta. Last time I ate pizza was at a superbowl party. Felt like a pile of shit the next day. Got bloated and shit sludge.

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #230 on: March 16, 2022, 09:00:55 PM »
what do you do when you crave a stack of pancakes, or bread or pizza, icecream?... beer?....

honestly you just stop craving it, if you survive the first 4-6 weeks, you just crave meat, eggs. Especially coming from the low fat bodybuilding diets of egg whites, tilapia, chicken, having bacon and eggs, steak, ground beef, and some raw milk feels like heaven.

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #231 on: March 16, 2022, 09:13:21 PM »
Everyone could learn a good amount from this podcast,  bodybuilding related as well.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #232 on: March 17, 2022, 05:18:33 AM »

When you are in ketosis, all cravings and frequent hunger go away.  Protein and fat are very satiating, while carbs are not satiating at all.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #233 on: March 17, 2022, 05:25:03 AM »
When you are in ketosis, all cravings and frequent hunger go away.  Protein and fat are very satiating, while carbs are not satiating at all.

I think it's true without ketosis.

Once I cut all that shit out, I never miss/crave it.
Y

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #234 on: March 17, 2022, 05:35:27 AM »
I think it's true without ketosis.

Once I cut all that shit out, I never miss/crave it.

Yes, you are right.  Simply lowering carbs, even if not low enough for ketosis, and replacing them with plenty of animal protein and fat will do the trick.  Also giving up any food long enough will make anybody stop missing it and craving it.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #235 on: March 17, 2022, 05:55:54 AM »
I had bad allergies for 20 years. Went straight carnivore for a few weeks and I was off all medications.
I do occasionally eat chick pea or lental pasta with no effect. I believe there is something in our bread and pasta that is very harmful. Gluten or something else.

And when you tried the different pasta you don’t feel bloated I’m assuming?

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #236 on: March 19, 2022, 09:03:30 AM »
wooooooshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh h

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #237 on: March 19, 2022, 09:58:26 AM »
And when you tried the different pasta you don’t feel bloated I’m assuming?

No bloating. But I must be near a toilet. Must be the extra fiber that clears me out.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
« Reply #238 on: March 19, 2022, 12:52:40 PM »
wooooooshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Looks wimpy in the video.

Must be off the sauce.

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #239 on: March 19, 2022, 01:27:05 PM »
Looks wimpy in the video.

Must be off the sauce.
lol, looks pretty good for 55

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #240 on: March 19, 2022, 01:35:00 PM »

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #241 on: March 19, 2022, 01:47:31 PM »
lol, looks pretty good for 55

His neck is as thick as his head.  You can fit his entire face on his neck.

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #242 on: March 24, 2022, 04:23:40 PM »
Labs in, Exactly what I wanted to see Hdl to triglycerides ratio almost exactly 1. The closer to 1 the better.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #243 on: March 25, 2022, 04:02:08 AM »
Labs in, Exactly what I wanted to see Hdl to triglycerides ratio almost exactly 1. The closer to 1 the better.

The Keto Kid,

Good job.  That's awesome!

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #244 on: March 25, 2022, 04:24:10 AM »

Why have HDL and Triglycerdies the same number/ ratio of 1?

Wouldn't you want HDL higher than Triglycerides?

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #245 on: March 25, 2022, 05:21:38 AM »
Why have HDL and Triglycerdies the same number/ ratio of 1?

Wouldn't you want HDL higher than Triglycerides?

Yes, you want the Triglycerides/HDL ratio to be close to 1 or lower, but not much higher than 1.  This can be accomplished by lowering Triglycerides, increasing HDL, or preferably both.  A very low carb diet accomplishes both.

My Triglycerides have gradually decreased and my HDL gradually increased since I've been on a very low carb diet for over two years.

Based on my latest lipid panel:

Triglycerides: 89
HDL: 54
Triglycerides/HDL Ratio: 89/54 = 1.65

Cholesterol is an outdated and poor indicator of heart disease risk.  Triglycerides/HDL ratio is the single most powerful indicator:

"Low ratio values such as this one indicate good insulin sensitivity; which means that insulin is doing a great job helping to move glucose and amino acids from the blood into your cells. It also means that you have a relatively low risk of developing prediabetes, type 2 diabetes, and metabolic syndrome. Additionally, low ratios indicate that you have the relatively innocuous ‘large and fluffy’ LDL cholesterol type, which makes you less prone to coronary heart disease (CHD)."
https://www.cooperinstitute.org/2017/11/28/cardiorespiratory-fitness-the-triglyceridehdl-ratio-and-coronary-heart-disease-mortality-risk-in-men

"Elevation in the ratio of TG to HDL-c was the single most powerful predictor of extensive coronary heart disease among all the lipid variables examined."
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2664115/

A meta-analysis of 13 randomized controlled trials following overweight and obese participants for 1-2 years on either low-fat diets or very-low-carbohydrate ketogenic diets found that the ketogenic diet produced a small but significantly greater reduction in weight, triglycerides, and blood pressure, and a greater increase in HDL and LDL cholesterol compared with the low-fat diet at one year.
https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/healthy-weight/diet-reviews/ketogenic-diet/

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #246 on: March 25, 2022, 06:19:01 AM »
The Keto Kid,

Good job.  That's awesome!
thanks man, been eating this diet for 5 months now and it's been nothing short of amazing, especially training wise, my recovery has been incredible. I cut out caffeine and coffee a few months back and that was the final piece to the puzzle,  my sleep and digestion has been unbelievable. Seriously Vince Gironda was an absolute genius, I now I truly understand why the bodybuilders of the 70s were able to train twice a day 6 days a week, tons of beef, eggs, heavy cream. They all looked jacked and healthy, glowing skin, full heads of hair, no bloat, digestive issues. Definitely recommend all you guys to try this for a month, you'll never look back.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #247 on: March 25, 2022, 11:41:40 AM »
I've been on keto/low carb since March 2021.
Triglycerides dropped way down, HDL went way up, VLDL way down, total cholesterol went up 50 points.

My latest bloodwork from physical last November 2021:

Total cholesterol - 250
Triglycerides - 46
HDL - 73
Cholesterol/HDL ratio 3.4
VLDL 9
LDL calculation 168

My doctor looked at the total cholesterol number and told me if this continues he would suggest I go on statins.
Must get a kickback from the Big Pharma rep.

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #248 on: March 25, 2022, 12:30:27 PM »
Triglycerides dropped way down, HDL went way up, VLDL way down, total cholesterol went up 50 points.

Total cholesterol - 250
Triglycerides - 46
HDL - 73
VLDL 9
LDL calculation 168

My doctor looked at the total cholesterol number and told me if this continues he would suggest I go on statins.
lol..do not go on statins, ditch all plants from you're diet, eat beef, butter, eggs, and bacon you'll feel amazing. Don't worry about cholesterol,  you want high cholesterol honestly. Most people that die of heart attacks die with normal to low levels of cholesterol. Stay away from sugar, high fat, high protein is the way.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #249 on: March 25, 2022, 01:01:24 PM »

Total cholesterol - 250
Triglycerides - 46
HDL - 73
VLDL 9
LDL calculation 168

That is great.  Your Triglycerides/HDL ratio is 0.6, even better than mine.  That indicates you are not at risk of heart disease.

My LDL went up too, and my doctor at the time told me the same thing about statins.  So I found a new, low carb friendly, mainstream doctor who has seen my LDL continue to go up and has said nothing about it and nothing about statins.  He looks at Triglycerides, HDL, blood pressure, etc.  He's not concerned by high LDL.

This is how I found my new doctor:

https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/doctors