Author Topic: Carnivore Diet  (Read 56374 times)

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
Re: Carnivore Diet
« Reply #400 on: April 24, 2022, 05:40:16 PM »
The fasting part is probably the most amazing to me.   Are you just drinking water during the fast or do you drink anything else?

How many meals per day.   Do you cook the eggs and beef together or separately.
Did you have to work up to that amount of food?

Did anything in particular prompt you to try this diet?
on the fasting days it's Himalayan salt and water only. No I do 6 meals
Meal 1: 6 eggs, 8 oz beef
Meal 2: 16 oz beef
Meal 3: 8oz raw milk
Meal 4: 8oz raw milk
Meal 5: 16 oz beef
Meal 6: 6 eggs, 8oz beef
I was eating a good amount prior to this, but just more volumes of food, like oats, rice, sweet potatoes, fruits 8-10oz of meat from chicken, ground turkey, ground bison, lean ground sirloin. I just decided to try it, I've gone vegan for 4 months, keto numerous times for competitions, paleo, vertical diet. I love training, the science of nutrition, learning the human body  bio-hacking, longevity, optimization. You have to be your own test subject and see how you react to things. But proof is definitely in the numbers with carnivore, thousands healed and thriving on this diet and it's only going to get more popular, Dr. Baker just raised 3 million dollars to fund the first official carnivore study, once that comes out it'll change the game forever.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #401 on: April 24, 2022, 06:00:12 PM »
I was eating a good amount prior to this, but just more volumes of food, like oats, rice, sweet potatoes, fruits 8-10oz of meat from chicken, ground turkey, ground bison, lean ground sirloin. I just decided to try it, I've gone vegan for 4 months, keto numerous times for competitions, paleo, vertical diet. I love training, the science of nutrition, learning the human body  bio-hacking, longevity, optimization. You have to be your own test subject and see how you react to things. But proof is definitely in the numbers with carnivore, thousands healed and thriving on this diet and it's only going to get more popular, Dr. Baker just raised 3 million dollars to fund the first official carnivore study, once that comes out it'll change the game forever.

that's still a ton of food
whatever works for you (or anyone else) is all that matters
compliance is the bottom line with any diet

it's interesting that you can both eat a lot of food and also abstain from food for 2 days at at time

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #402 on: April 24, 2022, 06:02:37 PM »
that's still a ton of food
whatever works for you (or anyone else) is all that matters
compliance is the bottom line with any diet

it's interesting that you can both eat a lot of food and also abstain from food for 2 days at at time

when your insulin is low it's quite easy honestly.

GymnJuice

• Getbig V
« Reply #403 on: April 24, 2022, 07:47:05 PM »

Is there something special about Himalayan salt over regular salt?

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #404 on: April 24, 2022, 07:49:57 PM »
more minerals, table salt is heavily processed and contains bleach and other random shit, stick with pink Himalayan salt or Redmond real salt, I swap between the two.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #405 on: April 25, 2022, 03:40:38 AM »
when your insulin is low it's quite easy honestly.

Yes, that's part of it.

There's also the fact that your body is now using mostly fat for energy instead of glucose, so it's not asking you to feed it carbs every hour.  As we all know, the body can store only a very limited amount of glycogen, but it can store an unlimited amount of fat.  So when fat adapted, your body simply uses the fat you recently ate, or your stored fat if it has been a while since you ate.

Ketones alone may be hunger suppressing too.

"Ketosis appears to provide a plausible explanation for this suppression of appetite."
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/25402637/

"The available evidence shows that ketogenic diets have the ability to yield significant weight loss while blunting the increase in ghrelin secretion and feelings of hunger that accompany diet-induced weight loss. Studies using exogenous ketones also point out in the same direction. The exact mechanisms by which ketogenic diets suppress appetite remain to be fully determined, but evidence from investigations employing exogenous ketones points to a direct effect of ketones on appetite."
https://journals.lww.com/co-clinicalnutrition/Fulltext/2021/07000/Ketogenic_diets_and_appetite_regulation.14.aspx

"The circulating concentrations of several hormones and nutrients which influence appetite were altered after weight loss induced by a ketogenic diet, compared with after refeeding. The increase in circulating ghrelin and subjective appetite which accompany dietary weight reduction were mitigated when weight-reduced participants were ketotic."
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/23632752/

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #406 on: April 25, 2022, 04:02:13 AM »

Regular table salt typically contains Dextrose (a simple sugar), Iodine, and other stuff:

Pink Himalayan salt is a lot cleaner:

Himalayan salt is "mostly mined at the Khewra Salt Mine in Khewra, Jhelum District, Punjab, Pakistan, which is situated in the foothills of the Salt Range hill system between the Indus River and the Punjab Plain.  It is primarily exported in bulk, and processed in other countries for the consumer market."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Himalayan_salt#History

If you are in the US and prefer buying local, Redmond Real Salt is a great option.  It's mined in and shipped from Utah, from an underground mine not polluted by the environment.

https://redmond.life/collections/real-salt

Their plain salt can be found at most grocery stores, Walmart, Whole Foods, etc.  I personally like the taste and texture of pink Himalayan salt better.

However, I like Redmond Real Salt's onion, garlic, and smoked seasoned salts which I get directly from their website.

https://redmond.life/collections/organic-seasonings

I use their toothpaste too, which is fluoride, carrageenan, and microplastic free.

https://redmond.life/collections/earthpaste-all

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
« Reply #407 on: April 25, 2022, 04:20:47 AM »

Or, he might just buy a bigger boat.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #408 on: April 25, 2022, 04:34:03 AM »
Dextrose is added in very minute amounts to iodized salt to slow oxidation of the potassium iodide.

Dextrose may only be used in Canadian Table Salt but I'm not sure although I read this.

Sea salt usually is not iodized.  Sea salt has been found to contain micro-plastics.

You can buy non-iodized salt that does not contain dextrose.  Non-iodized salt is often used in baking and pickling.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #409 on: April 25, 2022, 06:08:27 AM »
Dextrose is added in very minute amounts to iodized salt to slow oxidation of the potassium iodide.

Yes, but when I first started a keto diet, I was drinking lots of water with salt sprinkled in it in addition to salting my food in order to avoid dehydration and mineral imbalances common when first starting this diet.  I didn't want the dextrose in table salt and other small amounts of carbs in my food to add up.

There is dextrose in Splenda, Equal, Sweet'N Low, and some Stevia sweeteners too.  It's the very first ingredient in these.  Many people on low carb diets use these not knowing they contain this simple sugar.

Sea salt usually is not iodized.  Sea salt has been found to contain micro-plastics.

Right, that's why salt mined underground is preferable.

"Real Salt comes from an ancient sea bed in Central Utah." "Real Salt is mined in Redmond, Utah, some 370 feet underground."
https://www.visitutah.com/articles/mighty-mineral

You can buy non-iodized salt that does not contain dextrose.  Non-iodized salt is often used in baking and pickling.

Right, but it's likely still processed and refined.  Himalayan pink salt and Redmond Real Salt are unprocessed and unrefined, and therefore are healthier and retain trace minerals.

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #410 on: April 25, 2022, 07:48:10 AM »
Yes, that's part of it.

There's also the fact that your body is now using mostly fat for energy instead of glucose, so it's not asking you to feed it carbs every hour.  As we all know, the body can store only a very limited amount of glycogen, but it can store an unlimited amount of fat.  So when fat adapted, your body simply uses the fat you recently ate, or your stored fat if it has been a while since you ate.

Ketones alone may be hunger suppressing too.

"Ketosis appears to provide a plausible explanation for this suppression of appetite."
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/25402637/

"The available evidence shows that ketogenic diets have the ability to yield significant weight loss while blunting the increase in ghrelin secretion and feelings of hunger that accompany diet-induced weight loss. Studies using exogenous ketones also point out in the same direction. The exact mechanisms by which ketogenic diets suppress appetite remain to be fully determined, but evidence from investigations employing exogenous ketones points to a direct effect of ketones on appetite."
https://journals.lww.com/co-clinicalnutrition/Fulltext/2021/07000/Ketogenic_diets_and_appetite_regulation.14.aspx

"The circulating concentrations of several hormones and nutrients which influence appetite were altered after weight loss induced by a ketogenic diet, compared with after refeeding. The increase in circulating ghrelin and subjective appetite which accompany dietary weight reduction were mitigated when weight-reduced participants were ketotic."
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/23632752/
💯👍

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #411 on: April 25, 2022, 08:45:10 AM »
When you eat high fat in keto it fills you up.  No wide swings in blood sugar from eating high glycemic carbs.

Since you aren't hungry as often you tend to eat less which results in weight loss.

It's good.

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #412 on: April 25, 2022, 09:13:19 AM »
high fat diets DESTROY my stomach

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #413 on: April 25, 2022, 09:22:59 AM »
high fat diets DESTROY my stomach

Why?  You don't have a gallbladder?

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #414 on: April 25, 2022, 09:33:50 AM »
When you eat high fat in keto it fills you up.  No wide swings in blood sugar from eating high glycemic carbs.

Since you aren't hungry as often you tend to eat less which results in weight loss.

It's good.
It is.

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #415 on: April 25, 2022, 09:46:02 AM »
Why?  You don't have a gallbladder?

severe stomach pain and diarrhea with any high fat diet for some reason

I do best on high protein, moderate carbs, low fat

all organs in tact

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #416 on: April 25, 2022, 10:16:23 AM »

all organs in tact

are you A blood type?

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #417 on: April 25, 2022, 10:29:12 AM »

all organs in tact
take ox bile to help digest the fats until your system gets used to it, very common in people who've chronically eaten a low fat diet for a long period of time.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #418 on: April 25, 2022, 10:40:10 AM »
are you A blood type?

Isn't everyone?
Y

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #419 on: April 25, 2022, 10:45:29 AM »
Isn't everyone?

No, Im O  ;D
That depends on your blood type. Here's what D'Adamo recommends for each type:

Type O blood: A high-protein diet heavy on lean meat, poultry, fish, and vegetables, and light on grains, beans, and dairy. D'Adamo also recommends various supplements to help with tummy troubles and other issues he says people with type O tend to have.

Type A blood: A meat-free diet based on fruits and vegetables, beans and legumes, and whole grains -- ideally, organic and fresh, because D'Adamo says people with type A blood have a sensitive immune system.

Type B blood: Avoid corn, wheat, buckwheat, lentils, tomatoes, peanuts, and sesame seeds. Chicken is also problematic, D'Adamo says. He encourages eating green vegetables, eggs, certain meats, and low-fat dairy.

Type AB blood: Foods to focus on include tofu, seafood, dairy, and green vegetables. He says people with type AB blood tend to have low stomach acid. Avoid caffeine, alcohol, and smoked or cured meats.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #420 on: April 25, 2022, 10:55:37 AM »
No, Im O  ;D

Type O blood: A high-protein diet heavy on lean meat, poultry, fish, and vegetables, and light on grains, beans, and dairy. D'Adamo also recommends various supplements to help with tummy troubles and other issues he says people with type O tend to have.

Type A blood: A meat-free diet based on fruits and vegetables, beans and legumes, and whole grains -- ideally, organic and fresh, because D'Adamo says people with type A blood have a sensitive immune system.

Type B blood: Avoid corn, wheat, buckwheat, lentils, tomatoes, peanuts, and sesame seeds. Chicken is also problematic, D'Adamo says. He encourages eating green vegetables, eggs, certain meats, and low-fat dairy.

Type AB blood: Foods to focus on include tofu, seafood, dairy, and green vegetables. He says people with type AB blood tend to have low stomach acid. Avoid caffeine, alcohol, and smoked or cured meats.

I'm type A blood, and I do very well on a very fatty meat heavy diet with no fruits or vegetables.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #421 on: April 25, 2022, 10:56:07 AM »
No, Im O  ;D

Super interesting as I'm O and have had stomach/gerd related issues.
Y

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • stuff for dumplings
« Reply #422 on: April 25, 2022, 11:12:34 AM »
I had stomach problems when doing primarily aerobic exercise.  They cleared up quickly when I got back into weightlifting/BB as my main form of exercise.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #423 on: April 25, 2022, 02:02:15 PM »
58 year old bodybuilder from UK, 20+ years eating a diet almost 100% meat-based.

https://www.instagram.com/masonsurvival/

https://mobile.twitter.com/MasonSurvival

https://www.facebook.com/MasonSurvival

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #424 on: April 25, 2022, 02:22:40 PM »