Author Topic: Carnivore Diet  (Read 56646 times)

Flexacon

• Getbig V
Re: Carnivore Diet
« Reply #425 on: April 25, 2022, 02:27:00 PM »
58 year old bodybuilder from UK, 20+ years eating a diet almost 100% meat-based.

Are you intentionally trying to look like a keto cultist?

How about posting about someone who isn't selling some kinda of program, book, newsletter, youtube channel or in this case a highland retreat.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
« Reply #426 on: April 25, 2022, 02:29:44 PM »
Found this video of the guy...

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #427 on: April 25, 2022, 02:56:05 PM »
Are you intentionally trying to look like a keto cultist?

How about posting about someone who isn't selling some kinda of program, book, newsletter, youtube channel or in this case a highland retreat.

No.  Straw Man said he didn't know any bodybuilders who eat this way.

Is the rule now that it has to be a bodybuilder who eats this way and doesn't sell anything?

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #428 on: April 25, 2022, 03:06:55 PM »

Is the rule now that it has to be a bodybuilder who eats this way and doesn't sell anything?

Is it that hard to find someone who isn't selling something?

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #429 on: April 25, 2022, 03:09:35 PM »

Actually yes.  Anyone who has accomplished anything in fitness, personal finance, etc. is probably selling something now.

Social media and technology makes it easier for anyone than ever before.  There's no shortage of nutrition, training, and personal finance eBooks, blogs, YouTube channels, and online coaches.

I probably would be selling something too fitness and/or personal finance related, if I hadn't already invested in a good education and lucrative career that I enjoy.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #430 on: April 25, 2022, 03:23:12 PM »
Actually yes.  Anyone who has accomplished anything in fitness, personal finance, etc. is probably selling something now.

Social media and technology makes it easier for anyone than ever before.  There's no shortage of nutrition, training, and personal finance eBooks, blogs, YouTube channels, and online coaches.

I probably would be selling something too fitness and/or personal finance related, if I hadn't already invested in a good education and lucrative career that I enjoy.

I could probably make money personal training but I simply cant be arsed with people
They would have to be 100% committed or I wouldnt waste my time

I know a female personal trainer who is very good at it, she gives each client exactly what they want , which most of the time is a chat and the odd mediocre set inbetween

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #431 on: April 25, 2022, 03:27:08 PM »

I rest my case, your honour.

Although I do know of ifbb pros who switched to keto even after they were done competing, even a guy who is big in the supplement game who has been doing keto for years and doesn't try monetize it.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #432 on: April 25, 2022, 03:38:46 PM »
I rest my case, your honour.

Although I do know of ifbb pros who switched to keto even after they were done competing, even a guy who is big in the supplement game who has been doing keto for years and doesn't try monetize it.

So what's your point, that these few keto bodybuilders are really eating a high carb diet and hiding it in order to sell stuff?

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #433 on: April 25, 2022, 03:45:28 PM »
So what's your point, that these few keto bodybuilders are really eating a high carb diet and hiding it in order to sell stuff?

I already made my point. The way you present information or supporting evidence makes you keto cultist

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #434 on: April 25, 2022, 03:47:04 PM »
I already made my point. The way you present information or supporting evidence makes you keto cultist

If you say so.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
« Reply #435 on: April 25, 2022, 03:48:13 PM »
IFBB keto-ers secretly eating donuts while shilling for meat and egg companies.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #436 on: April 25, 2022, 03:52:14 PM »
IFBB keto-ers secretly eating donuts while shilling for meat and egg companies.

I say if you are on a keto diet and you want a donut, eat a donut, then move on and get back on track.

If you are on a vegan diet and you want a ribeye steak, eat a steak, then move on and get back on track.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #437 on: April 25, 2022, 03:56:40 PM »
If you say so.

Don't worry you aren't anywhere near as bad as theketokid yet. Or maybe it's something for you to aim for.

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #438 on: April 25, 2022, 03:58:17 PM »

Dr. Shawn Baker is selling nothing, he has written a book, but doesn't push it whatsoever, he doesn't push supplements, he puts out tons of information on carnivore and its benefits, hell he doesn't even push grass fed beef, claims it's slightly better like 2% better then conventional grain fed meat you find at Walmart. I've spent $0 on anything carnivore other than food, no books, no supplements, nothing.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #439 on: April 25, 2022, 04:05:23 PM »
Don't worry you aren't anywhere near as bad as theketokid yet. Or maybe it's something for you to aim for.

I'm not worried.  In your mind I may end up being worse than The Keto Kid, or end up being the leader of the "keto cult", as you call it.  I don't really care.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #440 on: April 25, 2022, 04:06:49 PM »
I've spent $0 on anything carnivore other than food, no books, no supplements, nothing.

Same here.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #441 on: April 25, 2022, 04:32:26 PM »
Dr. Shawn Baker is selling nothing, he has written a book, but doesn't push it whatsoever, he doesn't push supplements, he puts out tons of information on carnivore and its benefits, hell he doesn't even push grass fed beef, claims it's slightly better like 2% better then conventional grain fed meat you find at Walmart. I've spent $0 on anything carnivore other than food, no books, no supplements, nothing.

He does 30 minute zoom consults for $120 a pop that is geared towards lifestyle and nutrition and not his medical qualification

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #442 on: April 25, 2022, 04:41:33 PM »
I already made my point. The way you present information or supporting evidence makes you look like a keto cultist

I left out a few key wordd here. I wasn't actually trying to attack you @loco or call you a keto cultist, just calling into question how you're looking at keto and present information on it. It's very one sided

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #443 on: April 25, 2022, 04:55:55 PM »
He does 30 minute zoom consults for $120 a pop that is geared towards lifestyle and nutrition and not his medical qualification
Again he offers it, he never mentions this in his videos, he posts at least 3 videos a day. Literally just eat a shit load of eggs and beef, that's the jist of it.

GymnJuice

• Getbig V
« Reply #444 on: April 25, 2022, 05:04:26 PM »
I say if you are on a keto diet and you want a donut, eat a donut, then move on and get back on track.

If you are on a vegan diet and you want a ribeye steak, eat a steak, then move on and get back on track.

I am a nonbinary vegan. I am a carnivore while I am awake and a vegan while I sleep. Those who can't accept my lifestyle are racist.  ;D

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #445 on: April 25, 2022, 05:21:54 PM »
Again he offers it, he never mentions this in his videos, he posts at least 3 videos a day. Literally just eat a shit load of eggs and beef, that's the jist of it.

That's kinda how targeted advertisement works. Draw in people interested in a specific type of  content by providing that content and then have a product or service that caters to them ready and waiting at the destination.

I can give you an even simpler example. He is selling merch attached to his YouTube content which has pro meat slogans and anti plant sentiment. Yeah nothing cultist about that...

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #446 on: April 25, 2022, 05:40:19 PM »

nope

what I said was that I couldn't think of any other than that Tristyn Lee kid and Mark Bell
and I was specifically referring to the "carnivore diet" which they both have promoted (or to Lee's credit he says it's not for everyone).  Bell is not shy about talking about the drugs he takes.  I have no idea of Lee has talked about that.

I don't know of any competitive natural bodybuilders who eat this way but I'm sure there is probably someone somewhere who is doing it

Personally I just can't eat that much meat and I prefer some variety.

My pre-workout meal today (about 3 hours before I worked out) was ~ 175 grams of wild sockeye salmon (cooked weight) with 3 fried eggs (fried in avocado oil) and ~ 100 grams of lentils.   The only carbs were from the lentils which are steamed and vacuum packed from Trader Joes (20 grams of carbs with 8 grams of fiber)

I probably get  ~ 100 to 150 grams of carbs on most days and that feels good to me

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #447 on: April 25, 2022, 06:00:41 PM »
nope

what I said was that I couldn't think of any other than that Tristyn Lee kid and Mark Bell
and I was specifically referring to the "carnivore diet" which they both have promoted (or to Lee's credit he says it's not for everyone).  Bell is not shy about talking about the drugs he takes.  I have no idea of Lee has talked about that.

I don't know of any competitive natural bodybuilders who eat this way but I'm sure there is probably someone somewhere who is doing it

Personally I just can't eat that much meat and I prefer some variety.

My pre-workout meal today (about 3 hours before I worked out) was ~ 175 grams of wild sockeye salmon (cooked weight) with 3 fried eggs (fried in avocado oil) and ~ 100 grams of lentils.   The only carbs were from the lentils which are steamed and vacuum packed from Trader Joes (20 grams of carbs with 8 grams of fiber)

I probably get  ~ 100 to 150 grams of carbs on most days and that feels good to me
All the bodybuilders from the 70s basically followed Gironda's steak and eggs diet with a once a week carb refeed. Just watch Pumping Iron, when they go out to eat, Arnold and the rest, steak and eggs, hamburger and eggs, one dude gets a tuna omelet.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #448 on: April 25, 2022, 06:20:26 PM »
All the bodybuilders from the 70s basically followed Gironda's steak and eggs diet with a once a week carb refeed. Just watch Pumping Iron, when they go out to eat, Arnold and the rest, steak and eggs, hamburger and eggs, one dude gets a tuna omelet.

that was just pre-contest and it was basically a low carb/no carb diet with a trip a to the House of Pies on the weekend and of course in the off season they also ate plenty of carbs, drank beer,etc.. 

does anyone today follow this protocol.  I know people do limit carbs today but they also limit fats

I think Gironda's steak and egg diet was only two meals a day and I think he included salad and carbed up on pasta every third or fourth day

What you're doing obviously works for you but 3 lbs and a dozen eggs a day is a LOT of food

Also, the fasting 2-3 is extremely unique.  I've never heard of anyone else doing that much fasting on a weekly basis

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #449 on: April 25, 2022, 07:01:11 PM »
that was just pre-contest and it was basically a low carb/no carb diet with a trip a to the House of Pies on the weekend and of course in the off season they also ate plenty of carbs, drank beer,etc.. 

does anyone today follow this protocol.  I know people do limit carbs today but they also limit fats

I think Gironda's steak and egg diet was only two meals a day and I think he included salad and carbed up on pasta every third or fourth day

What you're doing obviously works for you but 3 lbs and a dozen eggs a day is a LOT of food

Also, the fasting 2-3 is extremely unique.  I've never heard of anyone else doing that much fasting on a weekly basis
Why are you so intrigued by if anyone is doing this today? They did it then and looked phenomenal, all on less gear and zero cardio mind you. And regarding my food intake, how is 3,000-3,500 calories a day for an active 215 pound muscular male alot of food?