Author Topic: Carnivore Diet  (Read 56560 times)

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
Re: Carnivore Diet
« Reply #650 on: March 15, 2023, 07:58:04 AM »
So I tried the "lb of meat" thing for a meal.

1lb ground boar, smashburger style, with one egg on top, and a cup of homemade tzatziki spread on it + half an avocado.

In summary - fuck that shit.  Too much food me.

It COULD have been that the boar is too lean - 16g total fat on the pound, which made it a chore.  Maybe it would work with ground beef, but i'm not trying it.

Props to keto for being able to eat this 4x a day.
Y

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #651 on: March 15, 2023, 08:32:35 AM »

1lb ground boar, smashburger style, with one egg on top, and a cup of homemade tzatziki spread on it + half an avocado.

It COULD have been that the boar is too lean - 16g total fat on the pound, which made it a chore.  Maybe it would work with ground beef, but i'm not trying it.

I'm a super active guy so the more active you are the bigger the appetite, but there's just normal women eating 4-6 pounds daily on this, I'm working my way up to 5 pounds, I'm slowly adding an ounce to each meal week by week. You should take out all that random shit avocado etc.. just go straight beef, bacon, butter, eggs for a month.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
« Reply #652 on: March 15, 2023, 08:49:55 AM »

Why not just eat until you are full.

Don't force feed yourself.

And where do you buy boar?  Or is that the same as a peeg that went AWOL?

A peeg:

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #653 on: March 15, 2023, 08:53:35 AM »

A peeg:

all domesticated pigs turn back into Boars in the wild after a few generations

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #654 on: March 15, 2023, 08:56:27 AM »

A peeg:

I don't.   This was a one of thing I tried.  Just experimtation.

As for boar - I buy a variety of meats online just to see what's out there.  First time I tried the boar, I like the taste, so I use it as a lean alternative to beef to mix things up.

Plus, I still believe the source of meats counts in terms of health.  You may disagree, and i think you do, but it just makes directional sense to me that animals on natural diets they were designed for without any hormones and antibiotics are better choices.  Obviously it's a personal cost/benefit ratio decision.
Y

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #655 on: March 15, 2023, 09:15:01 AM »
In my opinion, if you are not on drugs and want to do keto/carnivore right, forget about "lean meats" and "egg whites."

Eat fatty meats:  Ribeye, NY Strip, chuck roast, fatty ground beef, pork belly, bacon, chicken dark meat with the skin on, etc.

Eat whole eggs or just the yolks.  The yolks are mostly fat, but have some protein too.

If you are going to practice carb restriction, you're gonna have to eat around 70% fat for energy, fat soluble vitamins, normal hormone function, normal digestion, essential fatty acids, and in order educe ketosis.

Protein + carbs should stay around 30%, with most of that coming from protein and very little to nothing from carbs.  With the high protein bio-availability from animal products and without anti-nutrients from plants, you won't need as much protein as someone eating a high carb diet that includes plants.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #656 on: March 15, 2023, 09:23:46 AM »
Plus, I still believe the source of meats counts in terms of health.  You may disagree, and i think you do, but it just makes directional sense to me that animals on natural diets they were designed for without any hormones and antibiotics are better choices.  Obviously it's a personal cost/benefit ratio decision.

What makes directional sense doesn't always pan out in real life practice.  I've posted this before:

Dr. Eric Westman at Duke University has treated thousands of patients successfully for over 20 years for obesity, diabetes, insulin resistance, hypertension, infertility (PCOS), GERD, fatty liver, and other metabolic conditions using a very meat heavy, very low plant, keto diet.

His patients tend to be low income and uneducated, so they eat the stuff from the supermarket and even 100% beef patties from fast food restaurants.  Yet they resolve their health issues and their health improves on this diet like no surgery or medication could ever do.

Anything more would make this diet available only to the elite.

I've been eating a very meat heavy, keto diet for almost 4 years.  Never bought fancy meats or eggs.  My health is many times better now than 4 years ago.  Would it be even better if I spend more on fancy meats?  Who knows?

Eat the meats and eggs that you enjoy most and that you can afford.

BTW:  Grass fed, grass finished beef and wild game meat are smaller, leaner, and many agree don't taste as good as grain fed commercial meat.  I personally prefer larger, fattier, tastier meat.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #657 on: March 15, 2023, 09:31:38 AM »
What makes directional sense doesn't always pan out in real life practice.  I've posted this before:

Dr. Eric Westman at Duke University has treated thousands of patients successfully for over 20 years for obesity, diabetes, insulin resistance, hypertension, infertility (PCOS), GERD, fatty liver, and other metabolic conditions using a very meat heavy, very low plant, keto diet.

His patients tend to be low income and uneducated, so they eat the stuff from the supermarket and even 100% beef patties from fast food restaurants.  Yet they resolve their health issues and their health improves on this diet like no surgery or medication could ever do.

Anything more would make this diet available only to the elite.

I've been eating a very meat heavy, keto diet for almost 4 years.  Never bought fancy meats or eggs.  My health is many times better now than 4 years ago.  Would it be even better if I spend more on fancy meats?  Who knows?

Eat the meats and eggs that you enjoy most and that you can afford.

Let me clarify a few things.  I get eating the fatty stuff, if I went full carnivore, I would.....or, if I ate boar, i'd put a giant cube of butter on it.  I'm fucking around with stuff out of interest right now.

As for my point about the source - I don't disagree with any of the results or outcomes you posted - not at all.

But what I DO believe, is that there is SOMETHING that we don't know which I believe has led to the riser of cancer in the 20th century and beyond....it could be anything - plastics, seed oil, democrats, strict curl contests - I don't know.  Given that, if I can eliminate as many artificial things I'm exposed to easily and within reason, I'm going to.  It could be broscience of course, but I'm going with it.
Y

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #658 on: March 15, 2023, 09:53:59 AM »
Let me clarify a few things.  I get eating the fatty stuff, if I went full carnivore, I would.....or, if I ate boar, i'd put a giant cube of butter on it.  I'm fucking around with stuff out of interest right now.

As for my point about the source - I don't disagree with any of the results or outcomes you posted - not at all.

But what I DO believe, is that there is SOMETHING that we don't know which I believe has led to the riser of cancer in the 20th century and beyond....it could be anything - plastics, seed oil, democrats, strict curl contests - I don't know.  Given that, if I can eliminate as many artificial things I'm exposed to easily and within reason, I'm going to.  It could be broscience of course, but I'm going with it.

Strict curl contest...LOL    :D

I get it.  I just wanted to clarify too for anyone else reading this thread.

Best of luck to you, and please share what you learn from your experience.  I agree that there's a lot we don't know yet about this stuff.

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #659 on: March 15, 2023, 09:55:20 AM »
There's definitely a big difference between grain fed and grass fed, not so much from a vitamin/mineral profile, but grain fed animals living on corn/soy/hormones/antibiotics..their fat will contain more toxins/PUFAS, I remember Palumbo talking about how he felt McDonald's hamburgers contained steroids because he grew so much from eating them, which is in interesting theory, they load the cows up with steroids and growth hormone to get them as big as possible,  we eat this meat and thus consuming this, if you look at dudes from the hood that live off fast food and are jacked, or even just the sheer weight some of these people pack on eating McDonald's it's mind boggling. People are healing regardless of grain fed or grass fed, if you look at the success stories on Revero Health or Dr. Bakers channel, putting autoimmune diseases in remission, curing arthritis, ibs,Crohns, diabetes, etc... so I look at grain fed is a good option and grass fed as the optimal option, both will be effective, it just comes down to a preference of taste/goals/budget.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #660 on: March 15, 2023, 10:07:49 AM »
Strict curl contest...LOL    :D

I get it.  I just wanted to clarify too for anyone else reading this thread.

Best of luck to you, and please share what you learn from your experience.  I agree that there's a lot we don't know yet about this stuff.

Best of luck to you too, I appreciate you and Keto's contributions here - super interesting.
Y

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #661 on: March 15, 2023, 10:22:24 AM »
Best of luck to you too, I appreciate you and Keto's contributions here - super interesting.

Thanks, Grape Ape!

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #662 on: March 15, 2023, 03:42:23 PM »
Grape,
I'm too cheap to buy the good stuff.
 ;)

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #663 on: March 15, 2023, 03:44:22 PM »
Grape,
I'm too cheap to buy the good stuff.
 ;)

I would never judge.
Y

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #664 on: March 15, 2023, 11:56:39 PM »
Try buying meat locally from a farm.
Organic meat in super markets is good but overpriced.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #665 on: March 16, 2023, 12:19:28 AM »
Huge scam.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #666 on: March 16, 2023, 04:02:47 AM »

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #667 on: March 16, 2023, 07:03:42 AM »
I have a suspicion about it.
About what? Anyone can tell the difference visual wise and taste wise from grass fed beef and grain fed beef, the meat looks and tastes way different, look at conventional grain fed eggs and Pasture raised eggs, grain fed the yolk is like faint yellow, Pasture raised the yolk is orange in color.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #668 on: March 16, 2023, 07:07:16 AM »

I have found local isn't super cheap.

Meat subscription services are the way to go for me - referrals and specials can drive the $/lb down.  For example, with my Butcher Box, I get 2lbs free 85% ground beef and a lb of uncured bacon every order.

Wild fork has decent prices too.

Stuff like that.
Y

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #669 on: March 16, 2023, 07:08:14 AM »
About what? Anyone can tell the difference visual wise and taste wise from grass fed beef and grain fed beef, the meat looks and tastes way different, look at conventional grain fed eggs and Pasture raised eggs, grain fed the yolk is like faint yellow, Pasture raised the yolk is orange in color.

Yup.
Y

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #670 on: March 16, 2023, 07:09:46 AM »
I have found local isn't super cheap.

Meat subscription services are the way to go for me - referrals and specials can drive the $/lb down.  For example, with my Butcher Box, I get 2lbs free 85% ground beef and a lb of uncured bacon every order.

Wild fork has decent prices too.

Stuff like that.

Haven't tried any subscription services because Costco meat is all I've needed so far, but many people that eat carnivore say good things about Butcher Box.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #671 on: March 16, 2023, 07:11:06 AM »

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #672 on: March 16, 2023, 08:11:34 AM »
If you're trying to get the best quality and bang for your buck, buy a half a cow or whole cow, I bought half a cow all grass fed beef for just $4 per pound, It was 300lbs all together.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #673 on: March 16, 2023, 08:25:07 AM »
If you're trying to get the best quality and bang for your buck, buy a half a cow or whole cow, I bought half a cow all grass fed beef for just $4 per pound, It was 300lbs all together.

Agreed.

I wish I could do that, but I'm too picky about my cuts of meat.  Most of the cow is stuff I don't enjoy eating.

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #674 on: March 16, 2023, 08:40:36 AM »
Agreed.

I wish I could do that, but I'm too picky about my cuts of meat.  Most of the cow is stuff I don't enjoy eating.
You order whatever cut you like, it's all customized.