Author Topic: Carnivore Diet  (Read 56543 times)

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
Re: Carnivore Diet
« Reply #725 on: April 07, 2023, 12:21:17 AM »
1. A well formulated, science-based keto diet is less than 20g carbs per day.

2. Fried chicken is not part of any good keto diet, because of the high carbs from breading and because of the unhealthy wheat flour the breading is made of.

3. Chicken breast is not a good option anyway because it's too lean.  Chicken thighs, legs, and wings with the skin on are much better options.

4. Mix 1/4 tsp of salt, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp onion powder, 1/2 tsp smoked paprika, 1 tbsp baking powder in a bowl.  Completely cover 4 chicken thighs with the skin on in this mix.  Cook them in an air fryer.  This is a delicious, much healthier, keto alternative to breaded fried chicken.
Yummy!

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #726 on: April 07, 2023, 06:43:53 AM »
Any of the MDs of Getbig have an opinion of TMAO either due from meat/egg consumption or L-Carnitine/Choline supplementation? I recently had my TMAO tested out of curiosity and it was triple the top end of the range  :o I take 2 grams of L-carnitine daily. Supposedly garlic helps to lower it greatly. Also, TMAO levels might be more correlation than causation because it’s high in people who already have health issues and may not effect people who are healthy (me). I’ve seen Paul Saladino dispel it as well as Rhonda Patrick, but I want to see what the heavy-hitters of Getbig think. I decided to stop it today just out of precaution.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
« Reply #727 on: April 07, 2023, 07:29:05 AM »
Any of the MDs of Getbig have an opinion of TMAO either due from meat/egg consumption or L-Carnitine/Choline supplementation? I recently had my TMAO tested out of curiosity and it was triple the top end of the range  :o I take 2 grams of L-carnitine daily. Supposedly garlic helps to lower it greatly. Also, TMAO levels might be more correlation than causation because it’s high in people who already have health issues and may not effect people who are healthy (me). I’ve seen Paul Saladino dispel it as well as Rhonda Patrick, but I want to see what the heavy-hitters of Getbig think. I decided to stop it today just out of precaution.

You should read the studies if you can find them

A recent article said the risk is doubled but what exactly does that mean?

Was the risk 1% and it went to 2%?  Or .05% and it went to .10%?  That's double but not significant.

Why are you taking L-carnitine in the first place?

>

L-Carnitine - Uses, Side Effects, And More

https://www.webmd.com/vitamins/ai/ingredientmono-1026/l-carnitine

L-carnitine is used to increase L-carnitine levels in people whose natural level of L-carnitine is too low. Some people also use L-carnitine for conditions of the heart and blood vessels, serious kidney disease, and many other conditions, but there is no good scientific evidence to support these uses.

>

Red meat, TMAO, and your heart

https://www.health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/red-meat-tmao-and-your-heart

Rambone

• Getbig V
« Reply #728 on: April 07, 2023, 07:31:25 AM »
You should read the studies if you can find them

A recent article said the risk is doubled but what exactly does that mean?

Was the risk 1% and it went to 2%?  Or .05% and it went to .10%?  That's double but not significant.

Why are you taking L-carnitine in the first place?

https://www.webmd.com/vitamins/ai/ingredientmono-1026/l-carnitine

L-carnitine is used to increase L-carnitine levels in people whose natural level of L-carnitine is too low. Some people also use L-carnitine for conditions of the heart and blood vessels, serious kidney disease, and many other conditions, but there is no good scientific evidence to support these uses.

For improved sperm health and increased androgen receptor density

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #729 on: April 07, 2023, 07:47:35 AM »

The bolded text above.  Existing studies are flawed in that participants who had high levels of TMAO and an increased risk of heart disease also had type 2 diabetes, were obese, smoked, had poor kidney function, etc.

Many plant-based foods are high in Choline too: Soy and soy products, cruciferous vegetables, cooked dried beans, quinoa, peanuts and peanut products, almonds and almond products, etc.

If you have normal kidney function, your kidneys will clear TMAO quickly.

Many in the medical community get fixated on a single marker, such as TMAO or LDL, and ignore the big picture.  Below I attached a list of things that increase your risk of heart disease ranked from highest hazard to lowest hazard.  Notice LDL has a low hazard ratio, yet it's the one thing the medical community seems to bring up the most regarding heart disease as if it had the highest hazard ratio.  TMAO is not in this list, but you get the point.

I'm no MD, but these guys are:

Rambone

• Getbig V
« Reply #730 on: April 07, 2023, 09:23:15 AM »
The bolded text above.  Existing studies are flawed in that participants who had high levels of TMAO and an increased risk of heart disease also had type 2 diabetes, were obese, smoked, had poor kidney function, etc.

Many plant-based foods are high in Choline too: Soy and soy products, cruciferous vegetables, cooked dried beans, quinoa, peanuts and peanut products, almonds and almond products, etc.

If you have normal kidney function, your kidneys will clear TMAO quickly.

Many in the medical community get fixated on a single marker, such as TMAO or LDL, and ignore the big picture.  Below I attached a list of things that increase your risk of heart disease ranked from highest hazard to lowest hazard.  Notice LDL has a low hazard ratio, yet it's the one thing the medical community seems to bring up the most regarding heart disease as if it had the highest hazard ratio.  TMAO is not in this list, but you get the point.

I'm no MD, but these guys are:

Thanks iron brother! That makes me feel better

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #731 on: April 07, 2023, 10:26:19 AM »
Thanks iron brother! That makes me feel better

You are welcome!

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #732 on: April 07, 2023, 10:33:00 AM »
Question for the keto guys
Keto kid and Loco and anyone else your input is appreciated.How does fried chicken fit in keto?A place that I eat at has a huge fried breast that has 25 grams of carbs. I assume it is from the breading.Is it ok to include this as long as I count those 25 grams against the 50 or whatever I am allowing myself?Thanks guys.

You can do keto fried chicken, just used ground almonds instead of flour and breadcrumbs.

Cook

• Getbig IV
« Reply #733 on: April 07, 2023, 02:33:43 PM »
You can do keto fried chicken, just used ground almonds instead of flour and breadcrumbs.
thanks Flexacon I will try that

tatoo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #734 on: April 07, 2023, 06:35:47 PM »

fuuuuuuck yeah

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #735 on: April 07, 2023, 07:08:39 PM »
Might as well put my recipe up if it's of interest.

- Seasoning mix: Fine ground almond flour, salt, white pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika and whatever random dried herbs I had laying around.

- Some beaten eggs

- Coarse (finally chopped) ground almonds which I'd dry roast in the oven for 10 mins

Cover the chicken in the seasoning mix, then into the eggs, then into the roasted almonds and then cook.

If you can't find the right ground almonds then you can just blend them yourself or just adapt the recipe to what you got.

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #736 on: April 07, 2023, 07:20:33 PM »
I'd stay away from all nuts especially almonds they're loaded with oxalates.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #737 on: April 07, 2023, 07:29:40 PM »
I'd stay away from all nuts especially almonds they're loaded with oxalates.

Not really an issue if you have enough calcium in your diet. Plus dry roasting/cooking almonds reduces the oxalate content by like 90% anyway

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #738 on: April 07, 2023, 07:42:51 PM »
What about the cyanide, phytates, and various other antinutrients?

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #739 on: April 07, 2023, 07:45:19 PM »
What about the cyanide, phytates, and various other antinutrients?

What about them?

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #740 on: April 07, 2023, 07:49:19 PM »

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #741 on: April 07, 2023, 07:50:44 PM »

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #742 on: April 07, 2023, 07:56:26 PM »
So nothing
Eat what you want man, just kicking some knowledge your way

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #743 on: April 07, 2023, 08:13:42 PM »
Eat what you want man, just kicking some knowledge your way

You're kicking out flawed knowledge though. There are 2 types of almond. Sweet and bitter almond. Sweet almond contain 1/50 the cyanide of bitter almonds. You'd need to eat over 1000 sweet almonds in one sitting to suffer from cyanide poisoning.

Maybe learn to be less of a food doomer as I worry next you'll be telling people to stay away from drinking water, because guess what, drinking too much water will also poison you.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #744 on: April 08, 2023, 12:47:14 AM »
Just eat a low calorie diet. If you aren't obese you will live longer than average. Specialized diets just make your life miserable.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #745 on: April 08, 2023, 05:28:45 AM »
Just eat a low calorie diet. If you aren't obese you will live longer than average. Specialized diets just make your life miserable.

I'd say just find a way of eating that works for you, meaning it provides you with health benefits, helps keep you lean long term, and it's enjoyable and sustainable long term.  It doesn't matter whether it's omnivore, vegetarian, vegan, or carnivore.

A low carb, high fat diet is a low calorie diet too for most people because hunger and cravings go away and they end up eating less calories without trying.  That's one of the reasons these diets work for weight loss.

A calorie restricted diet for longevity is a specialized diet too and it's extreme, and if done high carb it will make your life miserable.  I'd rather live a shorter happier life than a longer miserable one.

Over many years I tried pretty much every diet there is, even vegan for 3 months.  I was always miserable because of chronic health issues I had developed over time.  I often just ate things I don't enjoy because "they're good for me."  I also ate things I did enjoy, but made me feel guilty because "they're not good for me."  I've been in very good shape and in poor shape on and off my whole life, but miserable most of the time and my quality of life was poor.

I finally found that a very meat heavy, keto diet is the way of eating that I personally enjoy most, provides me with many health benefits, provides me constant satiety, helps keep me lean consistently long term, gives me a lot of energy and mental clarity, it's delicious and keeps me happy.  Not to mention I don't miss all the gas and bloating that plant-based foods give me.

I'm going on almost four years now, and so far I plan to do this for the rest of my life.  My quality of life is better than ever, and I no longer eat anything I don't enjoy.

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #746 on: April 08, 2023, 07:19:21 AM »
You're kicking out flawed knowledge though. There are 2 types of almond. Sweet and bitter almond. Sweet almond contain 1/50 the cyanide of bitter almonds. You'd need to eat over 1000 sweet almonds in one sitting to suffer from cyanide poisoning.

Maybe learn to be less of a food doomer as I worry next you'll be telling people to stay away from drinking water, because guess what, drinking too much water will also poison you.
You're just increasing your toxic load little by little and for what? An inferior fat source with very little bioavailable nutrients. Red meat and eggs are far superior. But again do what you want man.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #747 on: April 08, 2023, 10:15:43 AM »
You're just increasing your toxic load little by little and for what? An inferior fat source with very little bioavailable nutrients. Red meat and eggs are far superior. But again do what you want man.

No one made a case or argument otherwise. In fact it wasn't even being discussed.

You just interjected with your food doomer mental illness in the guise of "kicking some knowledge". But you keep doing you man.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #748 on: April 08, 2023, 10:18:28 AM »

Not if you love the foods.

Primal is so easy for me - raw milk, beef, meat, fruit, salt, roasted broccoli, eggs, raw honey....all perfect.

Just shot my LDL to the moon so I'm switching it up a bit.
Y

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #749 on: April 08, 2023, 10:24:30 AM »
No one made a case or argument otherwise. In fact it wasn't even being discussed.

You just interjected with your food doomer mental illness in the guise of "kicking some knowledge". But you keep doing you man.
Mental illness because I want to optimize my quality of life and not slowly poison myself little by little with plant toxins that I knowingly can completely avoid.