Author Topic: Carnivore Diet  (Read 56682 times)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
Re: Carnivore Diet
« Reply #750 on: April 08, 2023, 10:33:17 AM »
Just shot my LDL to the moon so I'm switching it up a bit.

Were you in the process of losing excess fat when you got your LDL tested?

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #751 on: April 08, 2023, 10:38:08 AM »
Mental illness because I want to optimize my quality of life and not slowly poison myself little by little with plant toxins that I knowingly can completely avoid.

Mental illness because you jumped from one extreme/restrictive diet type to another and in the process your body shut down on you.

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #752 on: April 08, 2023, 11:31:52 AM »
Mental illness because you jumped from one extreme/restrictive diet type to another and in the process your body shut down on you.
If you consider a diet in excess of 3,000 calories (my previous diet) Extreme, to now eating just under 5,000 calories a day Extreme? All my health markers in perfect range even cholesterol, thyroid, liver,kidney, prostate, calcium score 0, EKG perfect, blood pressure in range, HB1AC 4.5, fasting insulin 78, resting heart rate 49...I can keep going then for sure it takes Extreme measures to get optimal results.

rocco-x

• Getbig III
  • when all else fails just blame it on the "man"
« Reply #753 on: April 08, 2023, 11:48:23 AM »
Guy I work with is on it now. His weight ballooned by at least an extra 100lbs. Last 4mnths being on the diet he's down maybe 60lbs, looks great, has energy out the ass and is thinking of hitting the gym 2-3×/wk. I give him tons of credit.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #754 on: April 08, 2023, 11:49:39 AM »
If you consider a diet in excess of 3,000 calories (my previous diet) Extreme, to now eating just under 5,000 calories a day Extreme? All my health markers in perfect range even cholesterol, thyroid, liver,kidney, prostate, calcium score 0, EKG perfect, blood pressure in range, HB1AC 4.5, fasting insulin 78, resting heart rate 49...I can keep going then for sure it takes Extreme measures to get optimal results.

Note I said extreme diet types and you respond with calories..

But great numbers, congrats. Now do that without TRT. Remind us again at what age you had to start TRT and why. But sure you're optimal right. Hate to break it to you, but there is nothing optimal about TRT, especially at the age you started it. But you keep doing you.

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #755 on: April 08, 2023, 01:26:51 PM »
No one made a case or argument otherwise. In fact it wasn't even being discussed.

You just interjected with your food doomer mental illness in the guise of "kicking some knowledge". But you keep doing you man.

I watched that Doc's video about how eating plants is going to kill you.

My mom has been a vegetarian/vegan for over 40 years and is perfectly healthy.

Lot's of interesting stuff on the interenet.

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #756 on: April 08, 2023, 01:35:29 PM »
Note I said extreme diet types and you respond with calories..

But great numbers, congrats. Now do that without TRT. Remind us again at what age you had to start TRT and why. But sure you're optimal right. Hate to break it to you, but there is nothing optimal about TRT, especially at the age you started it. But you keep doing you.
37 I'm 40 now and honestly it's the best decision I've ever made, working with a sports medicine doctor, having required labs done ever 4 to 6 months has been an absolute game changer. My life has excelled tremendously since being prescribed testosterone, literally everything in my life improved, energy, work performance, sex life, muscle building, fat burning, recovery, etc. Jumping on Mauro Di Pasquale's Anabolic Diet recommended by my doctor further aided in all these things, then last year going full carnivore was the perfect pairing for me and my quality of life.

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Royalty is a schmoe-cel.
« Reply #757 on: April 08, 2023, 02:38:45 PM »

Yeah, it's funny how people pick and choose what data and what study they use to back their claims.

I'm paraphrasing a famous quote: he uses stats the way a drunk uses a lamp post, more for support than for illumination.

The other Doc, Dr. Greger, wrote a book called how not to die. Promoting a purely plant based diet.  Then organizes the book by disease types i.e. cancer, diabetes,  congestive heart failure,  hypertension,  etc ... then cites various studies that shows when mice were fed 87 lbs of blueberries for 3 months blah blah blah bullshit bullshit bullshit showed lower cancer rates. Just one flawed application of data after the next.  My god such a smug arrogant prick.

I say do what makes you feel good.

Ive said before how good I felt on keto. But about 10 months ago switched over to low fat, high carb, about .8 grams of protein per lb of bodyweight.  I really like training on this diet.

My blood work was virtually the same on each type of diet. I get my bloods done at least twice a year. However my good cholesterol went up on the low fat diet. For years both my ldl and hdl were low. Now my hdl is in normal range. But I also started using fish oil and CoQ10 during that time too. So can't say it was due only to diet. I started taking those specifically to raise hdl.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #758 on: April 08, 2023, 02:56:35 PM »
37 I'm 40 now and honestly it's the best decision I've ever made, working with a sports medicine doctor, having required labs done ever 4 to 6 months has been an absolute game changer. My life has excelled tremendously since being prescribed testosterone, literally everything in my life improved, energy, work performance, sex life, muscle building, fat burning, recovery, etc. Jumping on Mauro Di Pasquale's Anabolic Diet recommended by my doctor further aided in all these things, then last year going full carnivore was the perfect pairing for me and my quality of life.

Let's take a step back. What do you think caused those issues at a relatively young age?

Bare in mind most people who maintain a balanced diet and healthy lifestyle don't typically have those issues especially at that age.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #759 on: April 08, 2023, 03:18:50 PM »
Were you in the process of losing excess fat when you got your LDL tested?

I was not specifically keying on that....it could've been happening due to caloric intake though.
Y

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #760 on: April 08, 2023, 03:45:49 PM »

Let's take a step back. What do you think caused those issues at a relatively young age?

Bare in mind most people who maintain a balanced diet and healthy lifestyle don't typically have those issues especially at that age.
I was on a low fat diet, exactly like Jay/Ronnie/Dorian etc. Literally since college. Egg whites, chicken, tuna, ground turkey, bison, whey isolate were my protein sources, oats, sweet potato, rice, were my carb sources, only trace fats. Working 12 hour days, training 5 days a week, cardio on my off days, sleeping maybe 5-6 hours a day, that's a recipe for tanking your hormones. Was I shredded, absolutely but from a hormone standpoint that is the absolute worst diet/lifestyle. Overtraining, under sleeping, low fat that's what happened. Now being knowledgeable about essential fats especially cholesterol and the critical role it plays in hormones, recovery, metabolic health, etc it is pretty obvious  to me now why my test was so low.

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #761 on: April 08, 2023, 04:17:17 PM »
I was on a low fat diet, exactly like Jay/Ronnie/Dorian etc. Literally since college. Egg whites, chicken, tuna, ground turkey, bison, whey isolate were my protein sources, oats, sweet potato, rice, were my carb sources, only trace fats. Working 12 hour days, training 5 days a week, cardio on my off days, sleeping maybe 5-6 hours a day, that's a recipe for tanking your hormones. Was I shredded, absolutely but from a hormone standpoint that is the absolute worst diet/lifestyle. Overtraining, under sleeping, low fat that's what happened. Now being knowledgeable about essential fats especially cholesterol and the critical role it plays in hormones, recovery, metabolic health, etc it is pretty obvious  to me now why my test was so low.

so whats a typical day of eating these days?

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #762 on: April 08, 2023, 04:18:25 PM »

Those guys definitely weren't on that type of diet 365 days a year.

Like I said what you were doing was an extreme/restrictive diet driven by mental illness. Now I'm not trying to call you crazy or even tell you that you need to address it. Fact is "mental illness" channelled in the right way can work to an individuals advantage and bring them a lot of success, but all you've done is switched your focus and mental illness from one extreme diet/lifestyle to another, albeit one that allows you to function considerably better, or optimally as you like to say.

Again not saying what you're doing is wrong, or that you need to change anything, just trying to make you more self aware. Of course this is just some random dude on the internet telling you this, so feel free to completely ignore it and keep doing you.

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #763 on: April 08, 2023, 05:12:45 PM »
so whats a typical day of eating these days?
I've been 4 lbs of ground beef 80/20 daily for a month. Prior to this for a year I ate 12 eggs, 2-3lbs of grass fed beef and 2 glasses of raw milk daily, on weekends I'd add bacon to my egg meals.
Those guys definitely weren't on that type of diet 365 days a year.

Like I said what you were doing was an extreme/restrictive diet driven by mental illness. Now I'm not trying to call you crazy or even tell you that you need to address it. Fact is "mental illness" channelled in the right way can work to an individuals advantage and bring them a lot of success, but all you've done is switched your focus and mental illness from one extreme diet/lifestyle to another, albeit one that allows you to function considerably better, or optimally as you like to say.

Again not saying what you're doing is wrong, or that you need to change anything, just trying to make you more self aware. Of course this is just some random dude on the internet telling you this, so feel free to completely ignore it and keep doing you.
I guess trying to feel good as possible and look as good as I possibly can is a mental illness I get it. I just been blessed with a great life truthfully and I want to continue enjoying my life, Trt plus carnivore has been an absolute game changer, I'm the strongest ive ever been, have more endurance then ever, zero pain no joint pain back knees shoulders literally nothing and I've been lifting for 24 years, my energy levels are incredible, sex drive, recovery, skin, hair is thicker, bowel movements solid every time, zero bloat digestive stress, my sleep is on point. So if this is extreme I'm completely fine with that,

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #764 on: April 08, 2023, 05:52:15 PM »
I guess trying to feel good as possible and look as good as I possibly can is a mental illness I get it. I just been blessed with a great life truthfully and I want to continue enjoying my life, Trt plus carnivore has been an absolute game changer, I'm the strongest ive ever been, have more endurance then ever, zero pain no joint pain back knees shoulders literally nothing and I've been lifting for 24 years, my energy levels are incredible, sex drive, recovery, skin, hair is thicker, bowel movements solid every time, zero bloat digestive stress, my sleep is on point. So if this is extreme I'm completely fine with that,

No, your mental illness is more that you seem to get stuck on one path of thinking and then are unable to think outside of that box afterwards, all the while remaining completely unaware you're doing it. Fucked yourself up good and proper once doing that, but fortunately it working out better for you this time.

The humble brag is further evidence of the mental illness as you seem to think it's only by taking the path you took that anyone will be able to achieve or feel those things you described. Everyone else in your eyes is doing it wrong, hence all your food doomer posts.

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #765 on: April 08, 2023, 06:58:02 PM »
No, your mental illness is more that you seem to get stuck on one path of thinking and then are unable to think outside of that box afterwards, all the while remaining completely unaware you're doing it. Fucked yourself up good and proper once doing that, but fortunately it working out better for you this time.

The humble brag is further evidence of the mental illness as you seem to think it's only by taking the path you took that anyone will be able to achieve or feel those things you described. Everyone else in your eyes is doing it wrong, hence all your food doomer posts.
All I'm doing is giving the feedback that I've experienced doing this diet, most lifters I see mid thirties and on having multiple injuries and thus not being able to enjoy training, thus decreased quality of life, we're all here because we love training/bodybuilding. So the multiple people in this thread on a carnivore/heavy animal based diet are also confirming this. The more I researched the more I realized the guys in the 70s that were on the steak and eggs diet also trained hard/heavy/frequently and never seemed to get injuries. Where nowadays we have guys like Chris Bumstead getting stem cell treatments for injuries in his 20s Guy Cisternino getting double shoulder replacement in his late thirties, guys complaining about digestive issues, etc. So whatever you want to think of me it's cool, I just have had such a profound experience with this eating style that I'm trying to spread the word. If you look at Dr. Bakers Revero Health Channel and his interviews there's literally thousands of success stories of people curing various ailments and illnesses. Its not that I'm a food doomer this thread is titled Carnivore Diet, which means we're discussing the Carnivore diet, not the carnivore diet plus almonds or almond flour etc..you want to eat almonds that's your choice, but I'm just staying true to the carnivore diet and the discussion of this diet.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #766 on: April 08, 2023, 07:43:42 PM »
All I'm doing is giving the feedback that I've experienced doing this diet, most lifters I see mid thirties and on having multiple injuries and thus not being able to enjoy training, thus decreased quality of life, we're all here because we love training/bodybuilding. So the multiple people in this thread on a carnivore/heavy animal based diet are also confirming this. The more I researched the more I realized the guys in the 70s that were on the steak and eggs diet also trained hard/heavy/frequently and never seemed to get injuries. Where nowadays we have guys like Chris Bumstead getting stem cell treatments for injuries in his 20s Guy Cisternino getting double shoulder replacement in his late thirties, guys complaining about digestive issues, etc. So whatever you want to think of me it's cool, I just have had such a profound experience with this eating style that I'm trying to spread the word. If you look at Dr. Bakers Revero Health Channel and his interviews there's literally thousands of success stories of people curing various ailments and illnesses. Its not that I'm a food doomer this thread is titled Carnivore Diet, which means we're discussing the Carnivore diet, not the carnivore diet plus almonds or almond flour etc..you want to eat almonds that's your choice, but I'm just staying true to the carnivore diet and the discussion of this diet.

I haven't said there is anything wrong with the carnivore diet nor debated the benefits or pitfalls of it with you. In fact at no point have I even mentioned the carnivore diet, yet all your responses hark back to it. This is the mental illness I tried to explain to you and unsurprisingly it went completely over your head. You are unable to think outside the narrow pathways you create for yourself. To avoid confusing you further this last statement doesn't mean the carnivore diet, as that isn't the cause it's the symptom.

Again no one was talking about the merits of almonds or almond flour in context of a carnivore diet until your mental illness took over and you started posting about it. Someone did ask about breaded chicken and keto and I gave them an alternative that tastes pretty similar without the carb content. After that I introduced you to my mental illness where I like being an asshole for no good reason. But unlike you I'm completely self aware about it.

As I said though keep doing you and by that I mean your carnivore diet and food doomering and being a tard

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #767 on: April 08, 2023, 07:54:25 PM »
Yeah, it's funny how people pick and choose what data and what study they use to back their claims.

I'm paraphrasing a famous quote: he uses stats the way a drunk uses a lamp post, more for support than for illumination.

The other Doc, Dr. Greger, wrote a book called how not to die. Promoting a purely plant based diet.  Then organizes the book by disease types i.e. cancer, diabetes,  congestive heart failure,  hypertension,  etc ... then cites various studies that shows when mice were fed 87 lbs of blueberries for 3 months blah blah blah bullshit bullshit bullshit showed lower cancer rates. Just one flawed application of data after the next.  My god such a smug arrogant prick.

I say do what makes you feel good.

Ive said before how good I felt on keto. But about 10 months ago switched over to low fat, high carb, about .8 grams of protein per lb of bodyweight.  I really like training on this diet.

My blood work was virtually the same on each type of diet. I get my bloods done at least twice a year. However my good cholesterol went up on the low fat diet. For years both my ldl and hdl were low. Now my hdl is in normal range. But I also started using fish oil and CoQ10 during that time too. So can't say it was due only to diet. I started taking those specifically to raise hdl.

Yeah, i find it hard to follow sometimes because there are too many experts contradicting each other.

I remember years ago reading a book about Vitamin C and it basically said that bears don't have heart attacks because their bodies produce Vitamin C.

I took so much Vitamin C for like 6 months. ;D

I do think there is a lot of truth to the carnivore diet, which is why i'm going to try it for a few more months.

Getting blood work next week. Had baseline bloodwork done the week before i switch to carnivore.

Interested to see what it looks like.

GymnJuice

• Getbig V
« Reply #768 on: April 10, 2023, 01:48:59 PM »
Yeah, i find it hard to follow sometimes because there are too many experts contradicting each other.

I remember years ago reading a book about Vitamin C and it basically said that bears don't have heart attacks because their bodies produce Vitamin C.

I took so much Vitamin C for like 6 months. ;D

I do think there is a lot of truth to the carnivore diet, which is why i'm going to try it for a few more months.

Getting blood work next week. Had baseline bloodwork done the week before i switch to carnivore.

;D

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #769 on: April 11, 2023, 12:47:42 AM »
I'd say just find a way of eating that works for you, meaning it provides you with health benefits, helps keep you lean long term, and it's enjoyable and sustainable long term.  It doesn't matter whether it's omnivore, vegetarian, vegan, or carnivore.

A low carb, high fat diet is a low calorie diet too for most people because hunger and cravings go away and they end up eating less calories without trying.  That's one of the reasons these diets work for weight loss.

A calorie restricted diet for longevity is a specialized diet too and it's extreme, and if done high carb it will make your life miserable.  I'd rather live a shorter happier life than a longer miserable one.

Over many years I tried pretty much every diet there is, even vegan for 3 months.  I was always miserable because of chronic health issues I had developed over time.  I often just ate things I don't enjoy because "they're good for me."  I also ate things I did enjoy, but made me feel guilty because "they're not good for me."  I've been in very good shape and in poor shape on and off my whole life, but miserable most of the time and my quality of life was poor.

I finally found that a very meat heavy, keto diet is the way of eating that I personally enjoy most, provides me with many health benefits, provides me constant satiety, helps keep me lean consistently long term, gives me a lot of energy and mental clarity, it's delicious and keeps me happy.  Not to mention I don't miss all the gas and bloating that plant-based foods give me.

I'm going on almost four years now, and so far I plan to do this for the rest of my life.  My quality of life is better than ever, and I no longer eat anything I don't enjoy.
I didn't mean extreme low cal. Either the OMAD or just eat small snack like meals throughout the day. You won't get fat.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
« Reply #770 on: April 11, 2023, 06:59:10 AM »
Guy I work with is on it now. His weight ballooned by at least an extra 100lbs. Last 4mnths being on the diet he's down maybe 60lbs, looks great, has energy out the ass and is thinking of hitting the gym 2-3×/wk. I give him tons of credit.

Sounds painful.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
« Reply #771 on: April 11, 2023, 07:00:05 AM »

She won't make it past 100 if she keeps that up.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #772 on: April 11, 2023, 03:07:42 PM »
Just shot my LDL to the moon so I'm switching it up a bit.

It's normal for many people to have an elevated LDL while they are losing excess fat.  Once they stop losing weight and go on maintenance mode, their LDL tends to go back within the normal range.

As long as your HDL is high, your Triglycerides are low, and you feel and look healthy, I wouldn't worry about high LDL on a low carb, high fat diet.

This applies to people on a low carb, high fat diet:

Make sure you water fast for 12-14 hours before your bloodwork in order to get an accurate Triglycerides test result.  That means no coffee, as coffee temporarily increases Triglycerides in some people.

If you fast less then 12 hours, your last fatty meal may give you an inaccurate Triglycerides test result.  If you fast longer than 14 hours, your body fat breakdown may increase and this too may give you an inaccurate Triglycerides test result.

https://cholesterolcode.com/high-tg/

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #773 on: April 11, 2023, 07:17:48 PM »
Make sure you water fast for 12-14 hours before your bloodwork in order to get an accurate Triglycerides test result.  That means no coffee, as coffee temporarily increases Triglycerides in some people.

If you fast less then 12 hours, your last fatty meal may give you an inaccurate Triglycerides test result.  If you fast longer than 14 hours, your body fat breakdown may increase and this too may give you an inaccurate Triglycerides test result.

https://cholesterolcode.com/high-tg/

Sounds good.

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #774 on: April 11, 2023, 07:21:29 PM »
She won't make it past 100 if she keeps that up.

;D

To be fair her mother made it to 96 and ate a complete garbage diet and smoked for 70 years.

I remember she would eat those sugar babies candies non-stop all day long.

Go figure.