Author Topic: Carnivore Diet  (Read 56373 times)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
Re: Carnivore Diet
« Reply #775 on: April 12, 2023, 02:58:38 AM »
;D

To be fair her mother made it to 96 and ate a complete garbage diet and smoked for 70 years.

I remember she would eat those sugar babies candies non-stop all day long.

Go figure.

Eggxactly!

Anecdotal evidence is not reliable, and there are always exceptions to the norm:

105-Year-Old Woman Says Bacon Keeps Her Alive
https://newsfeed.time.com/2013/05/09/105-year-old-woman-says-bacon-keeps-her-alive/

100-Year-Old Chinese Man Says A Lifetime Of Smoking & Boozing Is The Secret To His Long Life
https://www.india.com/viral/bizarre-100-year-old-chinese-man-says-a-lifetime-of-smoking-boozing-is-the-secret-to-his-long-life-4225312/

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #776 on: April 12, 2023, 05:15:34 AM »
I like the slow burn energy of carnivore.  My mind feels sharper, I have less emotional highs/lows, my weight dropped simply because I eat less, and joint pain in my knees, neck and shoulder have disappeared.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #777 on: April 30, 2023, 05:11:44 AM »
Meat is crucial for human health, scientists warn

April 29, 2023

Meat is crucial for human health, scientists have warned, as they called for an end to the “zealotry” pushing vegetarian and vegan diets.

Dozens of experts were asked to look into the science behind claims that meat eating causes disease and is harmful for the planet in a special issue of Animal Frontiers.

They warned that it is difficult to replace the nutritional content of meat, arguing that poorer communities with low meat intake often suffer from stunting, wasting and anemia driven by a lack of vital nutrients and protein.

In one paper published in the issue, experts found no good evidence to support red meat being dangerous below intakes of 75g per day, and argued that the link between red meat and disease vanished when part of a healthy diet, suggesting it was the rest of the diet that was fueling health problems.

The new edition includes a declaration signed by nearly 1,000 scientists across the globe arguing that livestock farming was too important to society to “become the victim of zealotry”.

The Dublin Declaration includes signatories from the universities of Cambridge, Edinburgh, Bristol, Belfast, Newcastle, Nottingham, Surrey as well as several scientists from Britain’s world-leading agricultural and farming university Harper Adams.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/scientists-declaration-emphasises-value-meat-180404507.html

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #778 on: April 30, 2023, 07:02:12 PM »
Eggxactly!

Anecdotal evidence is not reliable, and there are always exceptions to the norm:

105-Year-Old Woman Says Bacon Keeps Her Alive
https://newsfeed.time.com/2013/05/09/105-year-old-woman-says-bacon-keeps-her-alive/

100-Year-Old Chinese Man Says A Lifetime Of Smoking & Boozing Is The Secret To His Long Life
https://www.india.com/viral/bizarre-100-year-old-chinese-man-says-a-lifetime-of-smoking-boozing-is-the-secret-to-his-long-life-4225312/

True.

I just find it interesting how so many people live to 90+ and don't even know anything about nutrition.

Goes to show it's mainly genetics.

The rancher i knew since i was 14 recently died at 97 years old.

Smoked for 40 years and drank every night.

Would snack on M&M's throughout the day.

He was really active and didn't even have a TV.

Before he died i asked him what the secret to long life was.

He said "staying active and drinking cheap beer".

He used to carry a large chunk of ham in his shirt pocket and take a bite randomly throughout the day.

I'm curious to see if my generation makes it to an old age, i don't think so.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #779 on: May 01, 2023, 12:12:58 AM »
Stress kills you faster than diet.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #780 on: May 12, 2023, 05:51:40 AM »

Yes, but a delicious, nutrient dense, affordable, convenient diet can significantly lower your stress.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #781 on: May 12, 2023, 05:53:35 AM »
"Think all your food has to be organic, pasture-raised, or only from expensive brands to do well on a keto diet? Think again! You can get great results eating at fast food places -- as long as you keep the carbs low. Keto doesn't have to be elitist or fancy. You can lose weight and get healthier while eating food that's quick, convenient, and inexpensive. Don't let a busy schedule or a tight budget stand in your way."

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #782 on: May 12, 2023, 07:10:10 PM »
"Think all your food has to be organic, pasture-raised, or only from expensive brands to do well on a keto diet? Think again! You can get great results eating at fast food places -- as long as you keep the carbs low. Keto doesn't have to be elitist or fancy. You can lose weight and get healthier while eating food that's quick, convenient, and inexpensive. Don't let a busy schedule or a tight budget stand in your way."

Interesting how his example is a guy who ate 2 McD's double cheeseburgers a day with no bun and diet soda.

That's it.

Not sure how that's sustainable for an average person.

That would keep me full for about 45 minutes. ;D

I ate 2 pounds of 80/20 ground beef yesterday and 2 pounds of ribeye steaks.

My food bill has more than doubled since i started carnivore.

A few weeks ago i ordered 6 - 1/4 pounder beef patties from McD's by itself.

I was starving 4 hours later.

Some of these stories make me question many things. The guy he used as an example was eating like 500 calories a day.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #783 on: May 13, 2023, 01:43:18 AM »
Yes, but a delicious, nutrient dense, affordable, convenient diet can significantly lower your stress.
It sure can.

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #784 on: May 13, 2023, 02:21:51 AM »

So Zelensky is gonna pop soon ............ :D

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #785 on: May 13, 2023, 02:24:57 AM »

Regarding to some Farangs (whites) Bangkok Hilton diet is very very effective , especially if you stay there for a few years ........... 8)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #786 on: May 13, 2023, 05:33:43 AM »
Interesting how his example is a guy who ate 2 McD's double cheeseburgers a day with no bun and diet soda.

That's it.

Some of these stories make me question many things. The guy he used as an example was eating like 500 calories a day.

The patient claimed he ate 2 double cheeseburgers per day with no bun and diet soda on days he wasn't hungry, and 3 on a typical day.  That's around 850 calories, if you believe nutritional sites on the interwebs.  I'm sure there were days when he ate more, or added eggs and bacon for breakfast, but didn't report it.  That's the problem with self reported data.

Eating so few calories was probably temporary, until he lost the weight he needed to lose.

Undereating is not rare in people who adopt a meat only diet, because hunger and cravings go away.  Those people have to intentionally eat more depending on their goals at the time.

The guy likely didn't exercise at all.  Many of Dr. Westman's patients can't exercise or just don't.  He doesn't discourage exercise, but doesn't push it either especially in the beginning.

In his experience in clinical practice and in his published research, the most important and effective factor for his patients has been to keep the carbs very low long term, while eating lots of satiating nutrient dense foods such as fatty meat and whole eggs.

I personally prefer Whopper patties myself if I'm out running errands, get hungry on my way home, and don't feel like cooking.  I take them home and then add my own smoked cheddar cheese and my own Kirkland pre-cooked bacon.

I used to eat 8 Whopper patties in one sitting, with or without cheese and bacon, and that's all I'd eat all day.  Eventually it got to the point I could only eat 4 or 6.

These days I rarely do that anymore.  I've been eating 8 egg yolk and bacon omelets for breakfast, sometimes I add butter and/or cheese.  For my second and final meal of the day, I'll eat a small ribeye steak with plain salt or 1 lbs fatty ground beef with my own homemade taco seasoning.  If I get the munchies later, I'll eat pork rings, or more bacon, or a 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream with a drop of vanilla extract and a drop of liquid Sucralose.

My food bill is the same at worst, much lower at best.  Before keto/carnivore I used to eat meat and eggs, but also organic fresh produce, nuts and seeds, and a long list of other plant based foods (oats, rice, bread, pasta, tortillas, peanut butter, etc.).  A lot of that stuff would often go to waste because it would go bad before I could eat it.  I ate 3 meals a day plus healthy snacks in between because I was hungry all the time.  I also took a lot of supplements, and was on some medications too. 

Now I just buy the meat and eggs, a little cheese and heavy cream occasionally, I eat only 1 or 2 meals a day, I rarely waste food if ever, I no longer take any supplements other than magnesium, and after doing this diet long term I am off my medications.  I'm no longer shackled to the food, pharma, and supplement industries.  One of the best decisions I've ever made, for my health, for my sanity, and for my wallet.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #787 on: May 13, 2023, 05:48:40 AM »
True.

I just find it interesting how so many people live to 90+ and don't even know anything about nutrition.

Goes to show it's mainly genetics.

The rancher i knew since i was 14 recently died at 97 years old.

Smoked for 40 years and drank every night.

Would snack on M&M's throughout the day.

He was really active and didn't even have a TV.

Before he died i asked him what the secret to long life was.

He said "staying active and drinking cheap beer".

He used to carry a large chunk of ham in his shirt pocket and take a bite randomly throughout the day.

I'm curious to see if my generation makes it to an old age, i don't think so.

With the large amount of chemicals, hormones, and pesticides in food now….don’t think so.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #788 on: May 13, 2023, 10:37:40 AM »

That's it.

you would have been better of ordering some actual beef, not that chemically enhanced offal

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #789 on: May 14, 2023, 12:23:51 AM »

So Zelensky is gonna pop soon ............ :D
He's probably relaxing in Poland while sending men to their deaths.

Lartinos

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #790 on: May 15, 2023, 07:20:18 PM »
There is a fundamentalist vibe to these diets.

I’m not vegan of vegetarian as I don’t think they are ideal for most people.

The one big flaw to the carnivore diet why I’d never do it is the raise in body acidity from all the meat.

Ya, I’m sure Dr X studied monkeys who lived by cannibalism and they lived over 100 years or something will be the next response, lol.

Not for me..

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #791 on: May 15, 2023, 07:33:07 PM »
There is a fundamentalist vibe to these diets.

I’m not vegan of vegetarian as I don’t think they are ideal for most people.

The one big flaw to the carnivore diet why I’d never do it is the raise in body acidity from all the meat.

Ya, I’m sure Dr X studied monkeys who lived by cannibalism and they lived over 100 years or something will be the next response, lol.

Not for me..

It seems to have a few benefits, so i'm going to continue for a few more months.

The problem is you don't know which Doc/Expert/Getbigger to believe.

As everyone has a different take on what you should eat. Each time i have a plan, i read or watch something from an expert online that says something else.

I'm doing the all-in grass-fed fancy pants style with maybe 2-3 fast food meals a week. Which i have to eat some fast food due to my work schedule. I have found some take out places that have good options for meat only, but they are few and far between.

I have lost weight and overall feel more stable with energy. Strength hasn't changed, but i'm training more for conditioning now.

But my BP is still really high and i'm taking demon shits twice a day. I really think it's the dairy causing the demon shits.

My cholesterol came back nearly perfect a few weeks ago, which is a good change for me.

I'm just not sure if i can follow this as a lifestyle, but it has been an interesting experiment.

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #792 on: May 15, 2023, 07:37:28 PM »
The patient claimed he ate 2 double cheeseburgers per day with no bun and diet soda on days he wasn't hungry, and 3 on a typical day.  That's around 850 calories, if you believe nutritional sites on the interwebs.  I'm sure there were days when he ate more, or added eggs and bacon for breakfast, but didn't report it.  That's the problem with self reported data.

Eating so few calories was probably temporary, until he lost the weight he needed to lose.

Undereating is not rare in people who adopt a meat only diet, because hunger and cravings go away.  Those people have to intentionally eat more depending on their goals at the time.

The guy likely didn't exercise at all.  Many of Dr. Westman's patients can't exercise or just don't.  He doesn't discourage exercise, but doesn't push it either especially in the beginning.

In his experience in clinical practice and in his published research, the most important and effective factor for his patients has been to keep the carbs very low long term, while eating lots of satiating nutrient dense foods such as fatty meat and whole eggs.

I personally prefer Whopper patties myself if I'm out running errands, get hungry on my way home, and don't feel like cooking.  I take them home and then add my own smoked cheddar cheese and my own Kirkland pre-cooked bacon.

I used to eat 8 Whopper patties in one sitting, with or without cheese and bacon, and that's all I'd eat all day.  Eventually it got to the point I could only eat 4 or 6.

These days I rarely do that anymore.  I've been eating 8 egg yolk and bacon omelets for breakfast, sometimes I add butter and/or cheese.  For my second and final meal of the day, I'll eat a small ribeye steak with plain salt or 1 lbs fatty ground beef with my own homemade taco seasoning.  If I get the munchies later, I'll eat pork rings, or more bacon, or a 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream with a drop of vanilla extract and a drop of liquid Sucralose.

My food bill is the same at worst, much lower at best.  Before keto/carnivore I used to eat meat and eggs, but also organic fresh produce, nuts and seeds, and a long list of other plant based foods (oats, rice, bread, pasta, tortillas, peanut butter, etc.).  A lot of that stuff would often go to waste because it would go bad before I could eat it.  I ate 3 meals a day plus healthy snacks in between because I was hungry all the time.  I also took a lot of supplements, and was on some medications too. 

Now I just buy the meat and eggs, a little cheese and heavy cream occasionally, I eat only 1 or 2 meals a day, I rarely waste food if ever, I no longer take any supplements other than magnesium, and after doing this diet long term I am off my medications.  I'm no longer shackled to the food, pharma, and supplement industries.  One of the best decisions I've ever made, for my health, for my sanity, and for my wallet.

I was just making that point since anyone can lose weight on less than 800 calories a day.

I do appreciate your input as it gives me more ideas of how to balance all of this out.

Because i'm buying the highest quality meat i can find, it is very expensive.

Not sure how much it matters, but i'm all in at this point.

My GF brought me some amazing cheese and butter from Mexico a few weeks ago.

The taste is amazing.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
« Reply #793 on: May 16, 2023, 05:37:29 AM »
Why buy expensive cuts of meat when you then eat a bunch of McD meat?

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #794 on: May 16, 2023, 06:05:35 PM »

According to the experts that's perfectly fine.

I eat fast food 2-3 times a week.

It's either that or starve.

I had 8 Five Guys patties yesterday.

Big improvement.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
« Reply #795 on: May 16, 2023, 07:14:28 PM »
According to the experts that's perfectly fine.

I eat fast food 2-3 times a week.

It's either that or starve.

I had 8 Five Guys patties yesterday.

Big improvement.

But why buy pricey meat then?

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #796 on: May 16, 2023, 07:19:22 PM »
But why buy pricey meat then?

It tastes better.

The grass fed local beef is like night and day to the regular stuff from a supermarket.

It even smells better.

I even met the cow they slaughtered a few months ago.

Kind of weird but interesting.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #797 on: May 17, 2023, 01:21:33 AM »
No shit! McD's, Wendy's and Taco Bell meat is just fine.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #798 on: May 18, 2023, 06:48:41 AM »
Any independent lab can verify this and sue these corporations if not true:

McDonalds
"100% beef patty"
https://www.mcdonalds.com/us/en-us/product/quarter-pounder.html

Wendys
"fresh, never frozen and made from 100% real beef. Our signature square hamburger patties have no fillers or additives"
https://www.wendys.com/blog/squares-beef-wendys-fresh-beef-faq

Taco Bell
"We use 100 percent USDA premium beef in our seasoned beef. We prepare it much the same way you prepare taco meat at home: after simmering, it is drained of excess fat and pre-seasoned with our signature blend of 7 authentic seasonings and spices. It is then packaged with added water to lock in the flavor and for added moisture, and then shipped to our restaurants."
https://www.tacobell.com/faq/our-products-what-is-taco-bells-seasoned-beef-made-of

Burger King
"Our beef patties are made with 100% beef with no fillers, no preservatives, no additives, no nonsense."
https://company.bk.com/food-quality/our-burgers

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Royalty is a schmoe-cel.
« Reply #799 on: May 18, 2023, 02:52:43 PM »
Any independent lab can verify this and sue these corporations if not true:

McDonalds
"100% beef patty"
https://www.mcdonalds.com/us/en-us/product/quarter-pounder.html

Wendys
"fresh, never frozen and made from 100% real beef. Our signature square hamburger patties have no fillers or additives"
https://www.wendys.com/blog/squares-beef-wendys-fresh-beef-faq

Taco Bell
"We use 100 percent USDA premium beef in our seasoned beef. We prepare it much the same way you prepare taco meat at home: after simmering, it is drained of excess fat and pre-seasoned with our signature blend of 7 authentic seasonings and spices. It is then packaged with added water to lock in the flavor and for added moisture, and then shipped to our restaurants."
https://www.tacobell.com/faq/our-products-what-is-taco-bells-seasoned-beef-made-of

Burger King
"Our beef patties are made with 100% beef with no fillers, no preservatives, no additives, no nonsense."
https://company.bk.com/food-quality/our-burgers

Ive always heard McDonald's,  taco bell and subway are completely modified soy/hybrid/meat/filler...

Id guess Wendy's and burger King might have real beef. That's always been their selling point. But I know taco bell and subway have been tested and found to be something like 51% actual meat and the reast is some kind of soy based filler.