Author Topic: Gay Men Now Allowed to Donate Blood in Canada.  (Read 3927 times)

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
Re: Gay Men Now Allowed to Donate Blood in Canada.
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2022, 12:58:54 PM »
The Big Pharma companies behind the drug PrEP claim 99% protection against HIV for sexual transmission and 74% for intravenous drug users.

Claimed, with limited testing and data results available to support the claim.

Have we not learned anything over the past two years about claims of protection or drug/vaccine efficacy ? Have we forgotten the CDC mask claims or FDA Covid claims ?

That's right - they have forgotten already.

I'm reminded of this:

[Idi Amin] was not there the day I rang (a son said he was out of town), but locals said he could often be seen pushing his cart along the frozen food section of the supermarket, being massaged at the health club, praying at the mosque. He had long ago abandoned his British-style military uniform for the white robe of the Saudi man, but as an African measuring 6-foot-3 and nearly 300 pounds, he did not exactly blend in.

A former Sudanese colonel who worked as a manager at the local supermarket said, ''People greet him and say, 'Hello, Mr. President.' ''

Why? Wasn't he a savage dictator?

''Oh yes -- he used to eat people,'' the manager replied, laughing. ''But this is our nature. We forget.''

https://www.nytimes.com/2003/08/19/opinion/editorial-notebook-the-obscenely-easy-exile-of-idi-amin.html

But I remember the absolute shit-show surrounding the vaccine efficacy lies:

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2022, 01:00:29 PM »
Matt, you continue to be the forums biggest loser.

Brutal if true

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2022, 01:04:10 PM »

He is the perpetual victim. If he's not feeling aggrieved when he wakes up he scours the internet for some new bullshit that will never impact his life and bitches about it incessantly.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2022, 01:04:34 PM »
You do realize that every single unit of blood donated is tested for HIV and other diseases.  Right?  No of course you didn't.  If you did, you wouldn't have made such an insipid thread.

Wow - why didn't I EVER think of that?

I mean WHY ON EARTH were blood banks asking any questions? What with the blood "being tested", and all that. Clearly this system is absolutely perfect, has no human error [like vials ABC being confirmed HIV, but medical workers accidentally tossing out vials XYZ simply by accident], and it's not like gay men at 4% of the population make up 72% of the HIV and AIDS population.

THIS ALREADY HAPPENED in 1989-1990. Tainted blood resulted in 20,000 hepatitis cases, close to 10,000 HIV cases, and thousands of deaths.

There is a reason why this legislation was in place.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2022, 01:12:17 PM »

Yet you opened my thread.  ::)

Dude - I don't read ANY of your threads. For the time being, I still read your posts [although I'll end up putting you on block soon enough if you remain such a stupid asshole who apparently NEVER makes a factual point], but I never open your threads.

What the fuck are you doing my threads and communicating with me? Do I EVER communicate with you, aside from mundane bodybuilding stuff? GTFO of my threads if you don't like what I post! This isn't complicated.

The only person I have on block on here is Walter Sobchak. I've only read one of his posts in the past five months, accidentally, before I was informed about the Ignore User option. And yet he's STILL posting in my Amber Heard thread. What a FUCKING LOSER! I can assure you, I haven't read a word that dude says, but unfortunately, the Ignore User feature still shows that the person you are ignoring posted something [it's just blocked/covered].

Man, just stop reading my threads!

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2022, 01:25:04 PM »
He is the perpetual victim. If he's not feeling aggrieved when he wakes up he scours the internet for some new bullshit that will never impact his life and bitches about it incessantly.

I never claimed to be the victim regarding this blood ban.

What would you call living under house arrest essentially for two years, being legally barred from going to restaurants and theatres [which I personally could not give a FUCK about], and gyms [which I absolutely DO care about]?

This wasn't like your neck of the woods where they literally had limited hours for gyms for a few months and had PSA's recommending to wash your hands after taking a shit.

I wasn't some fake victim there. I had to go way out of my way to settle my matter legally before Canada got rid of the bullshit mandates. I literally had to sneak to a gym that the owner allowed me to train, being followed there by the police, probably twice a week.

My gym owner was given a fake mask fine, that the government has no legal way to collect. But here's my point: all that is FUCKING EXHAUSTING.

I'm sure things would have gone much more easily if I just wore a mask, and lined up to be a lab rat for Big Pharma.  ::) But no, I stood my ground, and it WAS not only mentally draining, but FUCKING OF COURSE I WAS THE VICTIM. The government has and continues to act illegally, and took away my rights and closed gyms for months.

And then what happened? All mandates [except air travel] ended by late last month. And - SURPRISE, SURPRISE - everything is fine with me now.

But I will stay it's a bit disturbing to me how people went along with literally ignoring Canadian law. I am absolutely confident we are literally one riot away from potentially enacting. And that's disturbing, but hey - things are good here for now.

As for this HIV blood ban - did I CLAIM to be a victim here? In this thread? As I said - I'm not a victim here.

But there's a reason why these policies are in place. Primarily because testing is far from perfect. Have we learned NOTHING from the 50% false positive PCR tests for COVID?  ???

Lastly, AbrahamG - I called you out for "knowing" four people who died of Covid. Was that so wrong?

Considering 68% of those who died of Covid had SIX OR MORE underlying diseases, and 78% were overweight or obese, and over 50% were over 75 years old, the odds of you knowing four people who died of Covid, among average health, average weight, middle aged people,is extremely unlikely.

Mathematically, it's like you telling me you have four friends who won a lottery of $50,000 or more. It's possible...just very unlikely.

But anyway, post their obituaries, and I'll investigate their cases and see if they had underlying illness. If I'm wrong about this, I'll personally apologize to you publicly on here.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2022, 01:35:34 PM »
why are you always taking about queers ?

Am I?  ???

Oh...Tim Fogarty.

Well, to clarify: there's no need to paint me as all kinds of things here. The issue with the blood ban is that it targeted RISKY SEXUAL BEHAVIOUR.

Say for example, I was drunk and got raped by a man. I WOULD HAVE BEEN BANNED FROM DONATING BLOOD.

Simply because that form of sex results in a shit-load more STD's, on average.

I think this is a stupid public health policy. I think this is dangerous because blood testing is not perfect, and people are going to die.

That's why I'm talking about it. It's no disrespect to homosexuals - but this is dangerous.

Unless testing truly is better [close to perfect], in which case it may be fine. But Trudeau said they spent $5 million studying it, but didn't name the studies. So I don't believe him.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2022, 01:45:08 PM »
I was relieved to read the changes here - it looks like anal sex is still being screened.

THAT makes sense. As I've said before, homosexual "tops" are not at much increased risk for HIV compared to heterosexual men. Yes, there is a slightly increased risk of getting HIV if you are a man GIVING anal sex compared to a man having vaginal sex with a woman, but it's not THAT much higher a risk [something like 1 in 2,400 compares to 1 in 2,000 risk of infection].

Whereas receiving anal sex from a man who has HIV puts your risk at 1 in 125!  :o That's an insane risk, and explains why rates of HIV are so much higher in the gay male community.

But it looks like they are still targeting gay male BOTTOMS, and that's a good thing - because it's RECEIVING anal sex that is the issue:

Starting no later than Sept. 30, potential donors will be asked if they have had new or multiple sexual partners in the past three months, no matter their gender or sexual orientation. If any potential donor replies yes, they will then be asked whether they have had anal sex with any of those partners. If they have, they will need to wait three months since that activity before donating blood. In its decision, the federal government noted that anal sex with new or multiple partners is associated with elevated risk of HIV transmission.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/article-health-canada-ends-ban-on-blood-donations-from-gay-men/

PS - I apologize to anyone who is offended to learn about the risks of various forms of sex.  ???

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2022, 01:47:54 PM »
Lol!!

Possibly, yes. But not for the reasons implied in your post.  ;D

Truth be told, I am somewhat concerned about the blood supply. Trudeau claims he has studies showing this is safe, but gay men are something like 4% of Canada's population, but comprise 72% of HIV and AIDS patients.  :-\

And it's not like they don't test - it's that the tests aren't perfect.

I don't think it's easy to test for HIV infected blood. That's why it was decided to prevent it from coming in to begin with.

But whatever. People will die, and the policy will just be reversed anyway.

Someone on YouTube said this is just a way tp hide the VAIDS caused by the jabs. I don't know if that is true, but I had never thought of it.

They should test the blood...oh wait they do
A

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2022, 01:58:02 PM »

Say for example, I was drunk and got raped by a man. I WOULD HAVE BEEN BANNED FROM DONATING BLOOD.

lol, I'm pretty certain no straight man, shit even the homo men on here sit around musing such things.

Seriously get your shit together Matt. Get a fucking job even if it's just stacking shelves or something, do some volunteer work and get some more hobbies.

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2022, 02:11:46 PM »
didn't it used to be if you had a tattoo you couldn't donate blood ??

being gay and having tattoos isn't too diff

j/k

What's the position on someone straight but with a gay tattoo..?
T

Notomorrow

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2022, 02:13:33 PM »
Sodomy is still a crime. Sodomy legally defined as  "any person who engages in unnatural carnal copulation with another person of the same or opposite sex or with an animal is guilty of sodomy. Penetration, however slight, is sufficient to complete the offence."

Taffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2022, 02:16:53 PM »
Where I donate they ask if you ever had sex with a man ( I assume they don’t ask women) if you answer no it says “ not even once?” Which I always thought sounded funny but I asked the lady can’t they just lie?
She said they test all blood not taking anyone’s word for it.

;D

I've got this idea now that someone fucking about set the sequence tree of questions after you've mentioned you lift weights to just keep going, something like...

"Ever had sex with a man?

Not even once?

Not even rubbed c0cks together?

How about cupping balls?

Ever admired another mans 'purdy' lips?

Ever watched 'Brokeback Mountain' and cried?

It's OK to say yes, you know, IOGIYWITB"

Etc, etc, ad infinitum  ;D ;D
T

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2022, 02:22:21 PM »
Yet you opened my thread.  ::)

Dude - I don't read ANY of your threads. For the time being, I still read your posts [although I'll end up putting you on block soon enough if you remain such a stupid asshole who apparently NEVER makes a factual point], but I never open your threads.

What the fuck are you doing my threads and communicating with me? Do I EVER communicate with you, aside from mundane bodybuilding stuff? GTFO of my threads if you don't like what I post! This isn't complicated.

The only person I have on block on here is Walter Sobchak. I've only read one of his posts in the past five months, accidentally, before I was informed about the Ignore User option. And yet he's STILL posting in my Amber Heard thread. What a FUCKING LOSER! I can assure you, I haven't read a word that dude says, but unfortunately, the Ignore User feature still shows that the person you are ignoring posted something [it's just blocked/covered].

Man, just stop reading my threads!

tl;dr

You are still the biggest loser.

Walter Sobchak owns your loser mind.
X

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2022, 03:15:49 PM »
tl;dr

I MADE MATT CANNING CRY.

I MADE MATT CANNING MELTDOWN.

I MADE MATT CANNING LOSE A POLL TO LEAVE GETBIG - WHICH HE LOST AND NEVER LEFT.

I OWN MATT CANNING’S FEEBLE MIND.

I SHOULD HAVE WON A 2021 GETBIG AWARD!

Method101

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2022, 04:13:12 PM »
Holy fuck there's a few more soy boys running around on getbig these days.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2022, 05:05:51 PM »
Holy fuck there's a few more soy boys running around on getbig these days.

Turn your monitor on  ;D

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2022, 05:22:21 PM »
Gay as fuck.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2022, 06:26:07 PM »
tl;dr

The reason why I come to Getbig is to advance myself intellectually. I went to university, and I can honestly say that I have learned more on Getbig than I ever did it there.

And I can say I learn something from just about everyone's posts here.

The reason why I don't learn much from your posts lately is because you're not making points. You're just throwing around insults.

What am I supposed to learn from your posts?

If you had a specific point, I could learn from it, or analyze it or something.

As for Walter Sobchak - from what I could see from his replies to everyone, all he does is call people gay, and insult them - even their families at times.

WHY IN THE FUCK would I want to read a bunch of posts of someone responding to someone and saying "You most love big dicks in your mouth"? LET ALONE IF THOSE POSTS ARE DIRECTED TO ME.

Am I supposed to JUMP FOR JOY? "WOW!! I JUST GOT CALLED A HOMO OUT OF THE BLUE AFTER RESPONDING TO A THREAD ABOUT JAY CUTLER FAILING THE DIURETICS TEST IN 2001. THIS GUY IS INCREDIBLE!"

Who the FUCK would want to read that?

Do you know why your posts aren't blocked on here, SF1900?

Because other than your posts trashing me lately, when you are commenting on the posts of OTHER MEMBERS, you have interesting and cool things to say. So when I'm reading your posts [again - unless you are addressing me, when you insult me], your posts are worth reading.

With Walter Sobchak, there wasn't one post that he ever made, if I recall correctly, where he wasn't calling someone a homosexual.

It's also extreme fucking weird - I've probably literally been accused or questioned about being gay maybe three times in my life. It's literally the weirdest fucking accusation I've faced.

It would be akin to someone accusing me of wearing a hairpiece and NEVER SHUTTING THE FUCK UP ABOUT IT. He also accused B. Hank of being gay, Rob C. Guns, and probably others I don't recall. What an absolute fucking weirdo.

But he still reads my threads, which is even more baffling. I enjoy the long stretches of time I don't see him here - then unfortunately, I see the "You Are Blocking This User" notice in threads.

I will say - I am extremely grateful to have that feature - it's one thing to simply see a blocked post notification...it was much worse to see his posts accidentally, while trying to scroll past it.

Take my word for it - I wouldn't think twice if that guy left the board permanently. As for his previous posts owning my mind - FUCKING OF COURSE I was offended by his posts.

By and large - I get along with most people on here. Even those who disagree with me, I am on relatively good terms with. WHY THE FUCK would I want to read posts calling me gay and bashing my family, calling me weak, etc? What do you think I gain from some faceless guy calling me weak?

If any Getbigger wanted to do an "Add 50-lb to your bench" challenge, I'd be game. But some anonymous coward to claim to be stronger than me? Again - ask yourself, WHAT DOES THAT BENEFIT ME?

FYI, I have not blocked your posts, SF1900. I do wish you'd actually engage with my points, rather than insult me, but I don't read your posts for the replies to me.

Your posts/replies to others are sufficiently high in quality for me to read them. Also, you add value to the board in general. I don't particularly feel that about your replies to me - but I meant in general.

That being said, if you hate my posts - just use the Ignore User feature for me, dude!

Sincerely, it would not be my intention to offend you. But if you are offended, I do think you should block me. For your own sake.

Rusty Trombone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2022, 06:53:23 PM »

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #46 on: April 29, 2022, 07:26:07 PM »
Wow - why didn't I EVER think of that?

I mean WHY ON EARTH were blood banks asking any questions? What with the blood "being tested", and all that. Clearly this system is absolutely perfect, has no human error [like vials ABC being confirmed HIV, but medical workers accidentally tossing out vials XYZ simply by accident], and it's not like gay men at 4% of the population make up 72% of the HIV and AIDS population.

THIS ALREADY HAPPENED in 1989-1990. Tainted blood resulted in 20,000 hepatitis cases, close to 10,000 HIV cases, and thousands of deaths.

There is a reason why this legislation was in place.

STFU.  You were not talking about about 1989-1990.  You were talking present day, so don't try to quantify it with from a previous era with less knowledge.  Then you try to support your insipid whining with a "what if" scenario.  Seriously, just stop breathing the air that some plants may need.

Fucking incel. 

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #47 on: April 29, 2022, 08:00:52 PM »
The reason why I come to Getbig is to advance myself intellectually. I went to university, and I can honestly say that I have learned more on Getbig than I ever did it there.

And I can say I learn something from just about everyone's posts here.

The reason why I don't learn much from your posts lately is because you're not making points. You're just throwing around insults.

What am I supposed to learn from your posts?

If you had a specific point, I could learn from it, or analyze it or something.

As for Walter Sobchak - from what I could see from his replies to everyone, all he does is call people gay, and insult them - even their families at times.

WHY IN THE FUCK would I want to read a bunch of posts of someone responding to someone and saying "You most love big dicks in your mouth"? LET ALONE IF THOSE POSTS ARE DIRECTED TO ME.

Am I supposed to JUMP FOR JOY? "WOW!! I JUST GOT CALLED A HOMO OUT OF THE BLUE AFTER RESPONDING TO A THREAD ABOUT JAY CUTLER FAILING THE DIURETICS TEST IN 2001. THIS GUY IS INCREDIBLE!"

Who the FUCK would want to read that?

Do you know why your posts aren't blocked on here, SF1900?

Because other than your posts trashing me lately, when you are commenting on the posts of OTHER MEMBERS, you have interesting and cool things to say. So when I'm reading your posts [again - unless you are addressing me, when you insult me], your posts are worth reading.

With Walter Sobchak, there wasn't one post that he ever made, if I recall correctly, where he wasn't calling someone a homosexual.

It's also extreme fucking weird - I've probably literally been accused or questioned about being gay maybe three times in my life. It's literally the weirdest fucking accusation I've faced.

It would be akin to someone accusing me of wearing a hairpiece and NEVER SHUTTING THE FUCK UP ABOUT IT. He also accused B. Hank of being gay, Rob C. Guns, and probably others I don't recall. What an absolute fucking weirdo.

But he still reads my threads, which is even more baffling. I enjoy the long stretches of time I don't see him here - then unfortunately, I see the "You Are Blocking This User" notice in threads.

I will say - I am extremely grateful to have that feature - it's one thing to simply see a blocked post notification...it was much worse to see his posts accidentally, while trying to scroll past it.

Take my word for it - I wouldn't think twice if that guy left the board permanently. As for his previous posts owning my mind - FUCKING OF COURSE I was offended by his posts.

By and large - I get along with most people on here. Even those who disagree with me, I am on relatively good terms with. WHY THE FUCK would I want to read posts calling me gay and bashing my family, calling me weak, etc? What do you think I gain from some faceless guy calling me weak?

If any Getbigger wanted to do an "Add 50-lb to your bench" challenge, I'd be game. But some anonymous coward to claim to be stronger than me? Again - ask yourself, WHAT DOES THAT BENEFIT ME?

FYI, I have not blocked your posts, SF1900. I do wish you'd actually engage with my points, rather than insult me, but I don't read your posts for the replies to me.

Your posts/replies to others are sufficiently high in quality for me to read them. Also, you add value to the board in general. I don't particularly feel that about your replies to me - but I meant in general.

That being said, if you hate my posts - just use the Ignore User feature for me, dude!

Sincerely, it would not be my intention to offend you. But if you are offended, I do think you should block me. For your own sake.

MATT CANNING IS A CRYBABY HOMOSEXUAL.

WHO WENT TO UNIVERSITY….HAHAHAHAHAHA!

IT’S LIKE FORREST GUMP WORKING A GLORYHOLE.

JackTheRipper

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2022, 12:51:52 AM »
even the dog is homo  :D

Taffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: April 30, 2022, 05:09:12 AM »
MATT CANNING IS A CRYBABY HOMOSEXUAL.

WHO WENT TO UNIVERSITY….HAHAHAHAHAHA!

IT’S LIKE FORREST GUMP WORKING A GLORYHOLE.

"A gloryhole is like a box of chocolates... you never know what kind of d1ck you're gonna get..."
T