Author Topic: I know that Chris Cormier was known for extremely heavy training, however....  (Read 5117 times)

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
Vince is a genetic freak. Don is a corpse.

Rumor has it Vince would show up w/ his lunch at the gym each day, eating McD's and drinking coke.

Has a ton of Pro wins, more than most in history...

Vince should be somewhere around 20-25 wins if I'm not mistaken. Only Ronnie and Dexter would be close. I can't recall the exact number of wins...but it was something like that.

And yes - the universe cancelled Don Youngblood. He was one of the first pro bodybuilders to have competed in the chemical era to die. After Sonny Schmidt, basically.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
Vince Taylor might be my favorite bber, in large part because of his training style.  Just pumping the muscles using unconventional form if need be.  I don’t think he counted any reps, at least not in the training videos I’ve seen.  Just pumped the muscle full of blood and let the drugs/genetics do the rest

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1mmzd

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
Vince Taylor might be my favorite bber, in large part because of his training style.  Just pumping the muscles using unconventional form if need be.  I don’t think he counted any reps, at least not in the training videos I’ve seen.  Just pumped the muscle full of blood and let the drugs/genetics do the rest

I agree. I hated his training style when I was young but totally see it's benefits now. His longevity is astounding.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt

Exactly. Very unconventional, and you summed it up perfectly.

Thanks for posting that clip - that's the one I was talking about.

pamith

• Getbig V
My nikka

pamith

• Getbig V

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...

Yeah, I'm a massive fan of Vince too - I remember when he said he got robbed at the UK Grand Prix and would not return - was it him that punched the promoter?  (Or was it Samir one year?)

He was also the only BB I could ever watch do the Terminator/robot posing thing without cringing - King, I'm looking at you!
T

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
I met Vince twice when I lived in Florida, very nice guy.....very open and more than willing to talk to fans and answer questions.....a well spoken guy with one of the best builds ever IMO..........there`s no real weak points in his physique.

dknole

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
In one contest. Vince beat Don in longevity.

brutal, but funny.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
In one contest. Vince beat Don in longevity.

Brutal and true!

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • stuff for dumplings

I remember watching this video years ago.  Very strange workout.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
says he used to eat fruit loops for breakfast

then pizza and steak with tomato ketchup and full sugar Coke

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
says he used to eat fruit loops for breakfast

then pizza and steak with tomato ketchup and full sugar Coke
Looks like he was paving the way for our own resident freak B Hanky.....same diet, but Hanky could have beaten Vince cuz he outweighs him.

20inch calves

• Getbig V
Don Youngblood was BayGBM's favourite bodybuilder.  :(

Below is one of Don Youngblood's last known photographs - this was taken at the 2004 NPC Nationals, where Don was 50 [approximately half a year before he died]:

http://www.getbig.com/news/2005-02/050905youngblood.htm

Don had underwent angioplasty sometime around 2004, and was diabetic and had sleep apnea. Despite that, and despite injuring his triceps while attempting to bench press 585-lb during a Chris Lund photoshoot in 2002, Don was planning a comeback for the 2006 Night of Champions [which became the NY Pro after he died].

Don was independently wealthy, and his nutrition was done by Chad Nicholls. I have no doubt at all that he was on everything and the kitchen sink. Not good for pushing 50 - nor to walk around at 300-lb in the offseason at 5'9". It's a sad story - given he had a wife and kids, in addition to his successful trucking business [and being BayGBM's personal favourite].

The picture below was taken in 2001. Don was around 295 here, and competed in 2001 at 240, and in 2002 at 247.

RIP.

Red in almost every picture
irongearco.com

pamith

• Getbig V
I met Vince twice when I lived in Florida, very nice guy.....very open and more than willing to talk to fans and answer questions.....a well spoken guy with one of the best builds ever IMO..........there`s no real weak points in his physique.
I met him too when i was 16, cool guy, he talked to me, answered questions, etc

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!

Red in almost every picture

Don is as purple as Barney the Dinosaur in that pic.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.

Facially, he looks like Hankins a little in this.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”

Don's last recorded blood pressure reading before checking out

kevin25

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Never made it to Oldblood  :-X

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V

Facially, he looks like Hankins a little in this.

That's the moon face certain AAS provide.

Not a good sign.

When i was on the heaviest cycle of my life, my face swelled up and had that red tint to it.

BP was over 200/100.

Good way to die.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
I met him too when i was 16, cool guy, he talked to me, answered questions, etc
Helluva` nice guy.....very approachable.

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Chest was weak

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
Cormier was also known for gangbangs and playing playstation.

Dokey111

• Getbig V
Vince T always seemed oddly normal to me lol

Great physique