Author Topic: DRUGGED UP! What's the 1st step to recovery?!  (Read 3548 times)

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
DRUGGED UP! What's the 1st step to recovery?!
« on: June 22, 2022, 10:41:21 PM »
Drug problem??!!

Include me out ......  but I've had close friends who had or have serious drug related problems including alcohol .... which have led to incarceration and even suicide  .... and since the Von Moger situation is big news within the bodybuilder world at present .... I'd like to talk about it ......  and if there is any interest .... even tell some drug related stories which have been a part of my lifetime experience.

To kick this off .... I'd like to inquire about the first steps that must be taken by drug addicts seeking recovery and even those drug addicts who are unwilling to seek help on their own.

In today's world can a drug addict be 'committed' to a drug rehab clinic without his or her consent?]

And what does it cost to 'enroll' within a drug recovery facility?

Which facilities are considered to be the best, the worst, the cheapest, the most expensive, and any other minute detail which you may know about or are interested in.

I got a story which I'll eventually build up the nerve to tell ya all in the event that this subject matter is of interest.

Drug and alcohol problems among good friends and family members  tend to somewhat fuk-up a bit the lives of other clean and sober friends and family members, so I'm pretty sure that we all have a drug/alcohol related story to tell.

And I'd be interested to hear if any story is more fucked up than mine .... and the current details on how to get in ... and then get out .... of a drug rehab facility.

Including the cost and any other little detail.

Thanks!

epic is back

• Getbig V
  • It is only in darkness that light is brightest
Re: DRUGGED UP! What's the 1st step to recovery?!
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2022, 11:13:59 PM »
i do declare

tell us more

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2022, 12:10:00 AM »
First and last step quit being a weak-willed bitch and quit. If you think you need someone else to help you quit that is just an excuse because you don't want to actually quit. When you decide you are done you stop it’s that simple. Rehab aint going to do shit for someone who hasn't decided to quit and if they have they don't need rehab.

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2022, 01:32:21 AM »
Bro...

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2022, 01:36:48 AM »

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2022, 01:39:47 AM »
Some folks need rehab, like some need (and find) religion. Whatever works for them of course.
I did notice in AA that most people there tend to blame others.

"My crappy family, my horrible upbringing, its a disease, etc".

Many weak people at some of those places who dont take ownership.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2022, 02:23:07 AM »
Some folks need rehab, like some need (and find) religion. Whatever works for them of course.

They also drink gallons of coffee while chain smoking cigarettes at their meetings.

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2022, 02:28:09 AM »

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2022, 03:20:10 AM »
Drug problem??!!

Include me out ......  but I've had close friends who had or have serious drug related problems including alcohol .... which have led to incarceration and even suicide  .... and since the Von Moger situation is big news within the bodybuilder world at present .... I'd like to talk about it ......  and if there is any interest .... even tell some drug related stories which have been a part of my lifetime experience.

To kick this off .... I'd like to inquire about the first steps that must be taken by drug addicts seeking recovery and even those drug addicts who are unwilling to seek help on their own.

In today's world can a drug addict be 'committed' to a drug rehab clinic without his or her consent?]

And what does it cost to 'enroll' within a drug recovery facility?

Which facilities are considered to be the best, the worst, the cheapest, the most expensive, and any other minute detail which you may know about or are interested in.

I got a story which I'll eventually build up the nerve to tell ya all in the event that this subject matter is of interest.

Drug and alcohol problems among good friends and family members  tend to somewhat fuk-up a bit the lives of other clean and sober friends and family members, so I'm pretty sure that we all have a drug/alcohol related story to tell.

And I'd be interested to hear if any story is more fucked up than mine .... and the current details on how to get in ... and then get out .... of a drug rehab facility.

Including the cost and any other little detail.

Thanks!

Were you “violated” ?

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2022, 03:37:34 AM »
First and last step quit being a weak-willed bitch and quit. If you think you need someone else to help you quit that is just an excuse because you don't want to actually quit. When you decide you are done you stop it’s that simple. Rehab aint going to do shit for someone who hasn't decided to quit and if they have they don't need rehab.

^^^^  This.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2022, 03:52:42 AM »

I’ve noticed this as well with “AA” people.  “Well my father drank”, “Well I lost my job”, etc.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2022, 04:29:46 AM »
Drink Gatorade.

GymnJuice

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2022, 04:46:13 AM »

This.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2022, 05:16:56 AM »

the first step in AA is admitting that you have a problem and that you're unable solve it on your own .. how is that not taking ownership?

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2022, 05:24:56 AM »
AA works for a lot of people , it has the religion type/spiritual aspect to it so it helps loner types that otherwise wouldn’t find that support - i used to work with a lot of transient type females and this more than anything helped them

but i’ve seen people goto rehab for all kinds of shit - sex addicts, shopping addiction , i even knew 2 guys who went to rehab for ghb - it’s the same shit as those people who hoard shit - they need mental health professionals to assist in recovery

I’d like to see how Bhankz would deal with his daughter who had a pill problem - just lock her in her room for 2 weeks and hope for the best

mphgrove

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2022, 05:40:53 AM »
One step is to find a way to talk to several addiction oriented mental health professionals in your community (make sure they are unaffiliated and have no vested interest in particular facilities) and get their opinion on the best facilities. Then see if you can educate yourself on your person’s insurance and how much of this it covers.

Also, despite flaws and blame game, AA works wonders in many lives.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2022, 05:42:57 AM »
One step is to find a way to talk to several addiction oriented mental health professionals in your community (make sure they are unaffiliated and have no vested interest in particular facilities) and get their opinion on the best facilities. Then see if you can educate yourself on your person’s insurance and how much of this it covers.

Love to live in a country where one's ability to obtain healthcare is determined by the ability to pay for it  :-X

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2022, 07:13:31 AM »
Love to live in a country where one's ability to obtain healthcare is determined by the ability to pay for it  :-X

You likely do.

And it sounds like you don’t understand America’s health care system, no one is denied health care, however we have the same issue that Socialized health care has, if you are willing to spend you can choose to see the “best” professionals.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2022, 07:17:18 AM »
the first step in AA is admitting that you have a problem and that you're unable solve it on your own .. how is that not taking ownership?

That is the exact opposite of taking ownership. If you took ownership you would fix your problem yourself not expect others to do it for you

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2022, 07:19:18 AM »
That is the exact opposite of taking ownership. If yiu took ownership you would fox the problem yourself not expect others to do it for you
It`s obvious that you have never seen a heroin addict for example in the throes of addiction.

You have no clue what you are talking about.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2022, 07:22:42 AM »
You likely do.

And it sounds like you don’t understand America’s health care system, no one is denied health care, however we have the same issue that Socialized health care has, if you are willing to spend you can choose to see the “best” professionals.

No one is denied emergent care, addiction therapy does not fall under that definition

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2022, 07:34:37 AM »
AA works for a lot of people

Does it really help a lot of people? I kow people on both sides quote statistics and some say AA doesn't do shit. But statistics can be interpreted in any number of ways.

I say whatever works but for myself AA is somehow distasteful. What do you think of using psychedelics to get clean? I know the founder of AA used acid but doubt he credits the acid.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2022, 07:34:56 AM »
That is the exact opposite of taking ownership. If you took ownership you would fix your problem yourself not expect others to do it for you

“I have a problem and I’m unable to solve it by myself” is the epitome of ownership.  Stubbornly insisting on doing it solo, in the face of repeated failures is just idiocy

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2022, 07:38:19 AM »

Im just saying tons there blame everything else but themselves (in some of the speeches I heard).
Not going to argue semantics...

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2022, 07:48:25 AM »
“I have a problem and I’m unable to solve it by myself” is the epitome of ownership.  Stubbornly insisting on doing it solo, in the face of repeated failures is just idiocy

what repeated failures if you wan to quit you quit its that simple