Author Topic: Matt C. Cycle Update.  (Read 146623 times)

Flexacon

• Getbig V
Re: Matt C. Cycle Update.
« Reply #2500 on: December 01, 2022, 03:38:04 PM »

But let's set aside most of that momentarily, because I am curious:  Matt, how do you make a living? 

We'll take it from there, mate.

I believe Matt does g4p, mostly videos of him jerking off and shooting ropes. Primemuscle can confirm.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #2501 on: December 01, 2022, 03:43:47 PM »
Correct. 

I'm not trying to run down Matt, but the weight he added with Drol was almost entirely water weight, with maybe a pound or so of additional, actual, dry muscle mass.  We tried to tell Matt that "cementing" all weight gains -- and certainly including things AAS induced -- into true muscle growth takes time and lots of food (sorry to talk about you in the third person, Matt; such is considered very rude in my circles, but I AM also writing to Webstar, so I think I get a pass ;) ).

But let's set aside most of that momentarily, because I am curious:  Matt, how do you make a living? 

If his strength is good and he has lost weight it should be bloat he lost and not muscle he should be smaller but leaner

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #2502 on: December 01, 2022, 05:08:52 PM »
Correct. 

I'm not trying to run down Matt, but the weight he added with Drol was almost entirely water weight, with maybe a pound or so of additional, actual, dry muscle mass.  We tried to tell Matt that "cementing" all weight gains -- and certainly including things AAS induced -- into true muscle growth takes time and lots of food (sorry to talk about you in the third person, Matt; such is considered very rude in my circles, but I AM also writing to Webstar, so I think I get a pass ;) ).

I personally dislike eating, but in addition to that, the studies on caloric restriction are very clear - it is much healthier to be lighter.

I could dig up my blood work from before my cycle. Everything wasn't just good - it was optimal.

That's not by accident.

Say what you want about Brian Shaw - the man will be dead in 10 years time.

There is nothing "healthy" about bodybuilding - even natural bodybuilding. While I do like the physical look of more muscle, it requires more shopping, more cooking, more eating, more cleaning, more passing, more shitting, and it all ultimately makes you less healthy.

Now that I know that I can bulk up to 205 and full in the span of a month, I have no reason to maintain that size year-round in the frigid Canadian winters here while we're covered up anyway.

I'll go back on cycle and go back to whatever physique I prefer to get, next summer.

I think 190 and leaner would be a better look.

It's the optimal look for me, for how I want to look. If others want to be 250+, that's their preference. It's not mine. Its also not healthy. It it didn't come at a biological cost and reduction to lifespan, I would stay on gear.

The only major benefit to gear to me is that you are perpetually full and pumped up.

It's one thing to be, e.g., 220-lb - it is NOT the same 220 when natural vs. juiced.

My ideal look would be somewhere between 175 and 205. I can't justify being 220 at me height, even if I do it naturally. That's carrying around 50-lb of extra mass. I can't fathom maining a 50 resting heart rate at that weight.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
« Reply #2503 on: December 01, 2022, 05:15:44 PM »
Just get stronger, Matt.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #2504 on: December 01, 2022, 05:19:24 PM »
Just get stronger, Matt.

Thanks, IroNat.

I was absolutely prepared to take that one-arm dumbbell record in Canada's 80-kg class.

It was only 154.6...and I'm within 10-lb of that.

Then it went up to 180 last month.  ;D

And I don't intend to be hitting 185 any time soon - if I'm even genetically capable of doing that at that body weight!

GymnJuice

• Getbig V
« Reply #2505 on: December 01, 2022, 05:24:52 PM »
Matt have you ever trained for a power lifting curling competition?

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #2506 on: December 01, 2022, 06:23:30 PM »
Matt have you ever trained for a power lifting curling competition?

As in, a one-rep max barbell curl contest?

If yes, I personally have not. I believe Denis Cyplrnkov holds the strict curl record at 259-lb, of something around there.

There was a contest at the Gaspari booth one year with 90-lb or something. I got about 20 reps.

My barbell curl has remained around the same over the years. I personally don't think our biceps have much strength potential, and they don't matter too much for strength contests, IMO.

I would expect if I'm really training arms hard, I'd be curling about 120 for 8 with ok form.

I've never tried a strict one rep max though.

Lartinos

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2507 on: December 01, 2022, 07:11:07 PM »
One of the reasons I stayed away from ever trying Anadrol was that I remember (back in the 2000’s) not finding sufficient info on how it/if it aromatizes and what to take to prevent gyno.

The idea of losing a bunch of water weight didn’t sound like fun either.

The strength gains would have been glorious though I’m sure.

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2508 on: December 01, 2022, 07:19:49 PM »
Just want to see Matts end results. Myself and others feel like we went on the journey with him. We were there the entire movie we read the first 13 chapters we saw 4 seasons want to know how it ended.
He's still using your max weights as warm-ups. And no he doesn't give a fuck about strict curl. No one does. He's still got a full head of hair too

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #2509 on: December 01, 2022, 07:25:16 PM »
He's still using your max weights as warm-ups. And no he doesn't give a fuck about strict curl. No one does. He's still.got a full head of hair too
LOL  :D

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2510 on: December 01, 2022, 09:09:28 PM »
Matt is avoiding the question what is his current weight he shared all the progress pics let’s see the end result

Mothballs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2511 on: December 01, 2022, 10:23:38 PM »
Matt is avoiding the question what is his current weight he shared all the progress pics let’s see the end result
Also avoided what he does for a living.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #2512 on: December 01, 2022, 10:26:11 PM »
Also avoided what he does for a living.

He's a real estate tycoon and crypto pioneer.  Pay attention, Sparky.   ;D

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2513 on: December 01, 2022, 11:20:54 PM »
I personally dislike eating, but in addition to that, the studies on caloric restriction are very clear - it is much healthier to be lighter.

I could dig up my blood work from before my cycle. Everything wasn't just good - it was optimal.

That's not by accident.

There is nothing "healthy" about bodybuilding - even natural bodybuilding. While I do like the physical look of more muscle, it requires more shopping, more cooking, more eating, more cleaning, more passing, more shitting, and it all ultimately makes you less healthy.

Now that I know that I can bulk up to 205 and full in the span of a month, I have no reason to maintain that size year-round in the frigid Canadian winters here while we're covered up anyway.

I'll go back on cycle and go back to whatever physique I prefer to get, next summer.

It's the optimal look for me, for how I want to look. If others want to be 250+, that's their preference. It's not mine. Its also not healthy. It it didn't come at a biological cost and reduction to lifespan, I would stay on gear.

The only major benefit to gear to me is that you are perpetually full and pumped up.

It's one thing to be, e.g., 220-lb - it is NOT the same 220 when natural vs. juiced.

My ideal look would be somewhere between 175 and 205. I can't justify being 220 at me height, even if I do it naturally. That's carrying around 50-lb of extra mass. I can't fathom maining a 50 resting heart rate at that weight.

You say you got up to about 205lbs bloated on anadrol then dropped the anadrol but kept training maintaining your strength you should be 190lbs and leaner now. You were 187lbs before you started the anadrol

You can't just go from nothing to any physique you want in a summer. You say you dont want to carry extra weight in the winter when no one sees you but that is exactly the time to bulk if you want ot be big and lean next summer. You cant just start at 0 and get to jacked and lean you have to bulk first then lean out. You should be bulking in the winter and cutting in the summer not vice versa.

Where are you at now make a plan to get to where you want to be don't just think it doesnt matter because in a month you can get any physique you want that is nonsense. Consistency  year round is the key not drastic changes for a month in the summer. You were not full at 205lbs you were fat if you want to be a better leaner 205lbs next summer you have to keep at it this winter not go back to square one and start over.

And what the fuck is with all the "more cooking, more eating, more cleaning, more passing, more shitting" eating a normal amount of food is not going to cause you to be on the shitter 24/7 you act like you bulked up to 400lbs and were constantly shopping and preparing your meals to eat 10k a day when you just started eating the average calories of a teenage girl instead of starving yourself. You have money buy some fucking prepared food it's not that difficult to order delivery is it?

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
  • Libturdz Love The Caulk
« Reply #2514 on: December 02, 2022, 01:18:12 AM »
You have money buy some fucking prepared food it's not that difficult to order delivery is it?

Tons of delivery companies now these days, many look decent.
If I didnt have a live-in cook (wife) I'd just be ordering meals weekly.
I despise cooking / food-prep nowadays... (The times that I do, do it, which is rare).

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #2515 on: December 02, 2022, 01:48:03 AM »
One of the reasons I stayed away from ever trying Anadrol was that I remember (back in the 2000’s) not finding sufficient info on how it/if it aromatizes and what to take to prevent gyno.

The idea of losing a bunch of water weight didn’t sound like fun either.

The strength gains would have been glorious though I’m sure.

It doesn't aromatize but it's probably directly estrogenic. All steroids can "cause" gyno, some more than others sure. I personally think you can catch gyno early in the most cases. Just pop a single AI and a few SERMs at the first hint of sore nipples, which is usually the first sign. Adjust the steroids you are taking. I think most all could stop gyno dead in its tracks doing that. And if you did get gyno it's not the end of the world, it's usually not even perceptible in most cases but I do get it, you'd rather not have it. Getting Titty Boy Craig Golias type of gyno only comes from not giving a shit and pumping tons of hormones after the signs are there. Many pros don't take antiestrogens for a reason, gyno be damned. It is thought that estrogen is important for growth. Chad Nicholls claimed Ronnie didn't explode until he stopped his Nolvadex. I recently got quite the titties from MENT. Adjusted some things and it mostly went away.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #2516 on: December 02, 2022, 04:46:15 AM »
Matt's known great strength has inflamed Bhanky's fragile ego.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2517 on: December 02, 2022, 04:52:15 AM »

That's not by accident.

Says who? That's just your excuse for not applying and maintaining a decent diet.

Quit with the health excuse. Using steroids and repeatedly and rapidly fluctuating bodyweight aren't healthy habits, no matter how much you try to convince yourself otherwise.

Yet again, to torpedo this notion that you have to choose between strongman stuff and bodybuilding, I give you Kenya's and Qatar's Strongest Man, 2017 Mr. Kenya, and 2019 PNBA World Champion, Christopher Oketch.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2518 on: December 02, 2022, 04:57:45 AM »
You say you got up to about 205lbs bloated on anadrol then dropped the anadrol but kept training maintaining your strength you should be 190lbs and leaner now. You were 187lbs before you started the anadrol

You can't just go from nothing to any physique you want in a summer. You say you dont want to carry extra weight in the winter when no one sees you but that is exactly the time to bulk if you want ot be big and lean next summer. You cant just start at 0 and get to jacked and lean you have to bulk first then lean out. You should be bulking in the winter and cutting in the summer not vice versa.

Where are you at now make a plan to get to where you want to be don't just think it doesnt matter because in a month you can get any physique you want that is nonsense. Consistency  year round is the key not drastic changes for a month in the summer. You were not full at 205lbs you were fat if you want to be a better leaner 205lbs next summer you have to keep at it this winter not go back to square one and start over.

And what the fuck is with all the "more cooking, more eating, more cleaning, more passing, more shitting" eating a normal amount of food is not going to cause you to be on the shitter 24/7 you act like you bulked up to 400lbs and were constantly shopping and preparing your meals to eat 10k a day when you just started eating the average calories of a teenage girl instead of starving yourself. You have money buy some fucking prepared food it's not that difficult to order delivery is it?

Or you can cook your food, in advance. You can bake 5 potatoes just as easily as you can bake just one. Same goes for cooking chicken or beef. Cook at least three days' worth of meals (particularly your meats) in advance and you're good to go.

NoPEDsNoBB

• Getbig IV
  • ........Ya!
« Reply #2519 on: December 02, 2022, 07:28:21 AM »
Is Matt still claiming to have put on 50lbs of muscle off just 0.01mg of drol every other month while consuming 600 calories a week?

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #2520 on: December 02, 2022, 08:15:13 AM »
Is Matt still claiming to have put on 50lbs of muscle off just 0.01mg of drol every other month while consuming 600 calories a week?

Yes.

And his one arm dumbbell press improved from 65.347 lbs to 68.66667 lbs.

But teenage boys did ogle him at the gym pool, so that’s always a big plus.

NoPEDsNoBB

• Getbig IV
  • ........Ya!
« Reply #2521 on: December 02, 2022, 08:44:21 AM »
Yes.

And his one arm dumbbell press improved from 65.347 lbs to 68.66667 lbs.

But teenage boys did ogle him at the gym pool, so that’s always a big plus.

Living the his dream.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2522 on: December 02, 2022, 01:31:33 PM »
So no updated pics found this last lifting video solid 575lb deadlift with near perfect form

https://www.instagram.com/p/CkJ3XD6t4ke/

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #2523 on: December 02, 2022, 01:43:01 PM »
So no updated pics found this last lifting video solid 575lb deadlift with near perfect form

https://www.instagram.com/p/CkJ3XD6t4ke/

Wow, his form is awful on rack pulls too.

Can't understand how someone who is so into this stuff never learned technique.  That deadlift form of his was like someone who never heard of it before and just tried to lift it.
Y

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #2524 on: December 02, 2022, 02:26:56 PM »
Wow, his form is awful on rack pulls too.

Can't understand how someone who is so into this stuff never learned technique.  That deadlift form of his was like someone who never heard of it before and just tried to lift it.

Form generally doesn't matter in strongman.  Just get the weight up is all that counts