Author Topic: Nora lifts heavy  (Read 3187 times)

2020 Olympia

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Nora lifts heavy
« on: August 15, 2022, 07:30:41 AM »
Nora is 80 yo and squats 415. Awesome stuff

Upon closer inspection, I realise she is training in the same gym as I was in 97 and the same guy who was spotting me, is spotting her. If I was 21 and he as close to 40 he must be in his 70s or close by.

I rememeber asking him about his diet because he was always very lean. To my dismay, he ate like a regular guy, toast coffee scrambled eggs etc and at that time was working as a stage hand assembling and dissasembling stages and lighta for various local shows.

This is in Royal Oak MI btw. Cool little family of rednecks owned gym with gramma at the front deskshe was also the boss (tough lady). We did powerlifting and strongman stuff in the backroom (chains keg lifts rack stuff etc)

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: Nora lifts heavy
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2022, 07:31:41 AM »

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2022, 08:22:52 AM »
Excellent stuff... Strong young lady!  8)

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2022, 08:26:21 AM »
Good stuff Sev !!

2020 Olympia

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2022, 08:32:37 AM »
🙂

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2022, 08:50:48 AM »
Good story.

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2022, 09:09:37 AM »
Wait- an 80 year old woman squats 415 and Bhanky can't even do 405? No way, lol

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2022, 09:38:08 AM »
Wait- an 80 year old woman squats 415 and Bhanky can't even do 405? No way, lol

Aside from my competitive Strongman friends, I've seen three people squat 405 or more in normal commercial gyms in my life.

The average man cannot squat 415. I can squat 385 for two reps, and have just not tried 415 - but if I could get it, it would most likely be for a single.

As for B. Hank - didn't he sustain a leg injury requiring him to use a cane for a period of time? If so, that may explain why his squat is down.

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2022, 09:52:24 AM »
Aside from my competitive Strongman friends, I've seen three people squat 405 or more in normal commercial gyms in my life.

The average man cannot squat 415. I can squat 385 for two reps, and have just not tried 415 - but if I could get it, it would most likely be for a single.

As for B. Hank - didn't he sustain a leg injury requiring him to use a cane for a period of time? If so, that may explain why his squat is down.

I used to squat in my college gym - and lots of people could do over 400. I think it depends on the local culture. I started out squatting about 180 and working up to 405 over 6 months. It wasn't THAT hard. I disliked the pressure on my spine though and stopped doing them. Same with deadlifts. It's something you have to be into doing. I wasn't.

I really do think the squat is for powerlifters- bodybuilders and your average gym trainer will do fine using leg presses. Lot less risk too.

backday

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2022, 10:37:18 AM »
Good for her.  She will absolutely not suffer from osteoporosis ;D

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2022, 11:12:08 AM »

I used to squat in my college gym - and lots of people could do over 400. I think it depends on the local culture. I started out squatting about 180 and working up to 405 over 6 months. It wasn't THAT hard. I disliked the pressure on my spine though and stopped doing them. Same with deadlifts. It's something you have to be into doing. I wasn't.

I really do think the squat is for powerlifters- bodybuilders and your average gym trainer will do fine using leg presses. Lot less risk too.

In 2013 and 2014, half of the Ontario's Strongest Man lineup came from Thunder Bay. Literally 8-9-10 of 16-20 competitors. I'd have to go back and get the exact list, but that's close enough.

As a challenge - video anyone at your gym who squats 405.

I'd be shocked if you see one person squatting 405 any time in the next month.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2022, 11:19:10 AM »

Bhanky assured us that he fully rehabbed his knees to better than new using his patented methods.

Even quadriplegics can regain full mobility using his methods if they are not pussies.

If only Stephen Hawking had known.

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2022, 12:19:56 PM »
In 2013 and 2014, half of the Ontario's Strongest Man lineup came from Thunder Bay. Literally 8-9-10 of 16-20 competitors. I'd have to go back and get the exact list, but that's close enough.

As a challenge - video anyone at your gym who squats 405.

I'd be shocked if you see one person squatting 405 any time in the next month.

Since my gym, Gold's, shut down during the fauxdemic, I would be hard pressed to find anyone squatting 405 there, lol.

I really can't see the issue here- a 405 squat is very good but nothing special. You must have some very weak people up there.

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2022, 01:50:50 PM »

Since my gym, Gold's, shut down during the fauxdemic, I would be hard pressed to find anyone squatting 405 there, lol.

I really can't see the issue here- a 405 squat is very good but nothing special. You must have some very weak people up there.

I know of 3-4 gyms in Houston where guys squat 400+ every single day.

Hell i can go to any University in Texas and get that on film.

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2022, 01:55:20 PM »
I’m sure that’s doing her more good than harm. ::)
T

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2022, 02:39:11 PM »
I don’t even want to hear about what people think they have squatted she isn’t even at 90 degrees and is keeled over forward trying to get the bar lower without getting her ass lower. No way that is a valid squat. Getbig wouldn’t give me credit for that. I am not giving any of you credit for claimed anything unless you got a video showing your ass is a foot off the ground it didn’t happen it’s all bullshit half reps. Going from above 90 to 45 is a completely different animal several degrees of difficulty harder. That is how I know you bullshitters dont squat. 315lbs ATG is harder than 405lb to almost 90 yet you guys just say Hankins isn’t squatting much weight idiots. She hasn’t even gotten to the effective range of motion yet

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2022, 02:41:02 PM »
I don’t even want to hear about what people think they have squatted she isn’t even at 90 degrees and is keeled over forward trying to get the bar lower without getting her ass lower. No way that is a valid squat. Getbig wouldn’t give me credit for that. I am not giving any of you credit for claimed anything unless you got a video showing your ass is a foot off the ground it didn’t happen it’s all bullshit half reps. Going from above 90 to 45 is a completely different animal several degrees of difficulty harder. That is how I know you bullshitters dont squat. 315lbs ATG is harder than 405lb to almost 90 yet you guys just say Hankins isn’t squatting much weight idiots.

fucks sake he wont even give granny any props

Fuck you bhanky you narcissistic egomaniac

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2022, 02:42:08 PM »

I would give her mad props if she squatted 225lbs but that is not a squat that is not even close

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2022, 02:42:54 PM »

I bet you think Matt pressed 120lbs for 10 reps

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2022, 02:44:42 PM »

hanky starts getting attention from gay men at the commercial gym.

Now he's a power lifting expert too.

To be fair, she is probably the best comparison he has right now.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2022, 02:45:31 PM »
I bet you think Matt pressed 120lbs for 10 reps

I couldnt care less, I couldnt tell you what I lifted 10 hours ago when I was training, I never aim for poundages

I go to the gym to stress the muscles, Im not a weightlifter and couldnt give a fuck how much I lift

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2022, 03:40:40 PM »
hanky starts getting attention from gay men at the commercial gym.

Now he's a power lifting expert too.

To be fair, she is probably the best comparison he has right now.

Her ass is above her knees for fuck sake you dont have to be an expert to see the difference. I am a foot lower than her it’s not even close to the same thing. see her squat half that to my depth would be twice as impressive.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2022, 03:43:44 PM »
Her ass is above her knees for fuck sake you dont have to be an expert to see the difference. I am a foot lower than her it’s not even close to the same thing. see her squat half that to my depth would be twice as impressive.
a 44 year old man trying to prove hes better than an 80 year old woman

Does it get any more cringeworthy than that?

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2022, 03:46:20 PM »
a 44 year old man trying to prove hes better than an 80 year old woman

Does it get any more cringeworthy than that?

Nope.

He already brags about beating up senior citizens.

He'd murder/death/kill her if she was wearing a Tapout shirt.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2022, 03:49:00 PM »
Watch the video of her “squatting” whoever is training and encouraging this shit should be banned from weightlifting. Also that aint no 400lbs

The blue plates are steel calibrated 15 kilo not 45

https://www.roguefitness.com/rogue-calibrated-kg-steel-plates