Author Topic: Serious Training Thread  (Read 181168 times)

wazhazbin

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Serious Training Thread
« Reply #3000 on: April 25, 2023, 10:10:12 AM »
Well, you're still at it so thats a plus.  Right?

ya back since Apr 11 after years off.  not much muscle pain with the light weights i'm
using but the structural ache is bad.

wazhazbin

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3001 on: April 25, 2023, 10:10:45 AM »
youve seen his precontest diet.. and anabolic, amphetemine, diuretic, painkiller, fppt kidney secret weapon... it could still happen for ya brother!!

ya, good old natural precontest protocols

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #3002 on: April 25, 2023, 10:29:26 AM »
into my third week.  25% bodyfat. arm just under 18

Looks pretty damn good to me.

wazhazbin

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3003 on: April 25, 2023, 10:40:12 AM »
Looks pretty damn good to me.

thank you brother.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #3004 on: April 25, 2023, 10:53:34 AM »
ya back since Apr 11 after years off.  not much muscle pain with the light weights i'm
using but the structural ache is bad.

Its always gonna be there brother....we've beat the shit out of ourselves

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #3005 on: April 25, 2023, 03:07:01 PM »
I cannot recall if I posted this but recently  but I tried to bench press with 150lbs and it kinda slammed into me.  Big mistake.  I now have a bruised sternum and chest muscles but it doesn't hurt as much as my stoopid ego.  Yup.  I did not think to set the catches on my Smith Machine and paid the price for wanting to be me more than I can right now.  Does that make sense?  It took a while for things to quit spinning and for me to be able to get the bar high enough on the holes for the hooks to get out.

My doctors are pissed.  I put this here to remind me and shame me into not being a dumbass ever again. As if.  ::) ;D  They said no bench presses for a long time.  Today I did 5 sets of curls and triceps for 20 reps each with 15lbs.  I am not giving up but I will be giving in to reality.  I am supposed to go visit relatives in the midwest but am not allowed to fly and cannot yet drive for long distances but if/when my doctors say I can then I will but I will take my time getting there and I will only see my favorite aunties and not the cousins that were assholes to me.  And my little sister!

Reality is I did this to me because instead of being inspired by you gentlemen I was incited by my ego and thoughts of YEARS gone by.  My daughter told me she is pregnant with their third child and I need to be around.   One of my nieces has suffered three miscarriages but is now pregnant and holding on past the time she lost her other babies.  I need to be around. ;D

150lbs. I am not soon going to forget nor forgive myself.  I have been hit by cars and gotten up faster and in better condition.  What a maroon!  Thank you for reading.  I welcome any instructive chiding.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
« Reply #3006 on: April 25, 2023, 03:26:18 PM »
I cannot recall if I posted this but recently  but I tried to bench press with 150lbs and it kinda slammed into me.  Big mistake.  I now have a bruised sternum and chest muscles but it doesn't hurt as much as my stoopid ego.  Yup.  I did not think to set the catches on my Smith Machine and paid the price for wanting to be me more than I can right now.  Does that make sense?  It took a while for things to quit spinning and for me to be able to get the bar high enough on the holes for the hooks to get out.

My doctors are pissed.  I put this here to remind me and shame me into not being a dumbass ever again. As if.  ::) ;D  They said no bench presses for a long time.  Today I did 5 sets of curls and triceps for 20 reps each with 15lbs.  I am not giving up but I will be giving in to reality.  I am supposed to go visit relatives in the midwest but am not allowed to fly and cannot yet drive for long distances but if/when my doctors say I can then I will but I will take my time getting there and I will only see my favorite aunties and not the cousins that were assholes to me.  And my little sister!

Reality is I did this to me because instead of being inspired by you gentlemen I was incited by my ego and thoughts of YEARS gone by.  My daughter told me she is pregnant with their third child and I need to be around.   One of my nieces has suffered three miscarriages but is now pregnant and holding on past the time she lost her other babies.  I need to be around. ;D

150lbs. I am not soon going to forget nor forgive myself.  I have been hit by cars and gotten up faster and in better condition.  What a maroon!  Thank you for reading.  I welcome any instructive chiding.

Why no bench presses?

keanu

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3007 on: April 25, 2023, 03:53:14 PM »
  You look huge. The forearms never left, the chest is there and the back looks thick. At 57 it's about cardio, energy and keeping a reasonable weight with some muscles and you are right there. Freak genetics.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #3008 on: April 25, 2023, 04:01:12 PM »

Slow and steady my friend.....slow and steady.

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #3009 on: April 25, 2023, 06:29:08 PM »
Slow and steady my friend.....slow and steady.

I must have done this to force me to do what is right.   ;D  Thanks, brother.  I am as bad as bhanky.  I let my ego tell me how to train.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3010 on: April 25, 2023, 06:34:09 PM »
I must have done this to force me to do what is right.   ;D  Thanks, brother.  I am as bad as bhanky.  I let my ego tell me how to train.
That`s no biggie as long as you didn`t get hurt.

Hurt pride is nothing,we all have that at times.

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #3011 on: April 25, 2023, 06:35:44 PM »
Why no bench presses?
I really bruised my sternum.  The doctor said nothing is torn or broken they just don't want me making the same stupid mistake again right away.  I'll do 10 sets of light DB flys.  But not yet.  I'll just do shoulder and arms for a week or two.  For back I'll do light stiff leg deadlifts and maybe light good-mornings.

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #3012 on: April 25, 2023, 06:37:47 PM »

Well you look great.  My bodyfat is usually 24 to 26 percent and that is normal for my age but I have never in my life had even a hint of any cool veins in my arms.   Like I said, you look great.

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #3013 on: April 25, 2023, 06:39:04 PM »
That`s no biggie as long as you didn`t get hurt.

Hurt pride is nothing,we all have that at times.

Yup.  I did a bhanky on myself. Hopefully he'll see this and not do something as stupid to himself.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3014 on: April 25, 2023, 07:30:09 PM »
Yup.  I did a bhanky on myself. Hopefully he'll see this and not do something as stupid to himself.
Fuck him!! :D

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #3015 on: April 25, 2023, 07:31:36 PM »

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3016 on: April 25, 2023, 07:33:41 PM »
;D

wazhazbin

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3017 on: April 25, 2023, 08:24:22 PM »
  You look huge. The forearms never left, the chest is there and the back looks thick. At 57 it's about cardio, energy and keeping a reasonable weight with some muscles and you are right there. Freak genetics.

thank you ,   just doing light weights then cardio, thought my weight would drop fast as i'd like to be 200-210 but it's actually up a couple pounds. i'm guessing
because i finally burnt some muscle glycogen so might have caused a greater glycogen reload.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #3018 on: April 25, 2023, 08:28:56 PM »

While I will never disparage cardio, I would argue weightlifting and strength training is more important as one ages.
Y

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #3019 on: April 25, 2023, 08:49:45 PM »
While I will never disparage cardio, I would argue weightlifting and strength training is more important as one ages.

Other than my heart doctors due to my problem other doctors I have agree with you because of maintaining bone density in older folk such as me.  I use to do high rep squats for my cardio and strength.  I am no longer strong at all as I recently found out, I am not even average. Dammit!   ;D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #3020 on: April 26, 2023, 03:50:17 AM »
 :)

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
« Reply #3021 on: April 26, 2023, 04:03:50 AM »
I really bruised my sternum.  The doctor said nothing is torn or broken they just don't want me making the same stupid mistake again right away.  I'll do 10 sets of light DB flys.  But not yet.  I'll just do shoulder and arms for a week or two.  For back I'll do light stiff leg deadlifts and maybe light good-mornings.

Understood.  You made a simple mistake.

You will heal. 

No reason you can't bench press in the future with sensible poundages.

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
  • Libturdz Love The Caulk
« Reply #3022 on: April 26, 2023, 05:14:20 AM »
Legs / Forearms

Sissy Squats (weighted) - 5 sets
Leg Press - 5 sets
Leg Curls - 5 sets
Leg Ext - 5 sets
Rotary Calf - 5 sets

Wrist Curls - 5 sets
Reverse Curls - 5 sets
Zottman Curls - 5 sets

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #3023 on: April 26, 2023, 06:01:13 AM »
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=437272.msg9993698#msg9993698

SC...try that conditioning piece....2nd round is all about how much you can suffer

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #3024 on: April 26, 2023, 06:05:08 AM »
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=437272.msg9993698#msg9993698

SC...try that conditioning piece....2nd round is all about how much you can suffer

My form on barbell snatch sucks,. 

On DB snatches im good