Author Topic: The 15 minute city - live in 2024  (Read 2067 times)

Mayday

• Getbig IV
The 15 minute city - live in 2024
« on: December 08, 2022, 04:16:32 PM »
Implementation begins in 2024.

The 15 minute city is where all things can be done by WALKING or CYCLING within 15 minutes.

You can leave your zone 100 times a year. Although I’m unsure if it means you can physical enter/exit 100 times or you can be away outside of your area for 100 days. If we go on a holiday for a week is that counted at 1 time or 7 times?

I have NFI about how people travel to/from work but I imagine it’s a plan assuming higher unemployment most likely rising for an extended period.

Thoughts?

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
  • Libturdz Love The Caulk
Re: The 15 minute city - live in 2024
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2022, 10:48:25 PM »
More shit being dreamed up by the whacky / woketard / libturd / commie globalists??

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2022, 12:27:43 PM »
More shit being dreamed up by the whacky / woketard / libturd / commie globalists??

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Yes.

But this one is legit and is kicking off in 2024 in a handful of cities and then rolled out to others.

Similar to what China has done for the last 2yrs. The roads out of cities are blocked and you have to get approval to leave and to re-enter. We will of course not have an entire city like the Chinese have today but instead we get 15 minutes walking distance.

Funny how people stopped talking about human rights violations by China as soon as we started to have our rights squashed. Now, a large portion of the population support being locked down.

The idea actually does have merit as normal plebs have NFI how much stress and anxiety commuting puts on you. 100 times enter/exit seems fine to me. At one point I didn’t leave my estate for 2 weeks.

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2022, 12:29:02 PM »

The idea actually does have merit as normal plebs have NFI how much stress and anxiety commuting puts on you. 100 times enter/exit seems fine to me. At one point I didn’t leave my estate for 2 weeks.

I only go to the gym and food shopping myself. Not much to do out there with the walking dead staggering around anyways...

residue

• Getbig V
  • Adonis 3:16
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2022, 12:33:32 PM »
fuck yeah for pedestrian cities, it's about time, too many american cities are designed around cars and not people

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2022, 01:28:54 PM »
I only go to the gym and food shopping myself. Not much to do out there with the walking dead staggering around anyways...

I am building a gym setup in my garage (I can park 10 cars on my driveway if required  :D ). It’s awesome to walk into a big space and train at will and in my own space.

I have had food delivered for many years. I shop online for most other things. Building the new house was the only time we did a lot of driving for furniture.

I mostly leave to ride my mountain bike. After that it’s just a family outing. Both my wife and I work from home and our daughter catches the bus to/from school which picks her up from the estate we live in. Quality of life is pretty high.

fuck yeah for pedestrian cities, it's about time, too many american cities are designed around cars and not people

Spot on.

I would ride my escooter or emtb everywhere except I would die. There is zero need to use a car where I live except to protect yourself from other cars.

This is how we get cars to become useless. Nobody is going to want to own one as cost of ownership vs usage goes removes incentive. I could easily become a one car household today and how I live is probably 4yrs ahead of what is in the pipeline.

GymnJuice

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2022, 01:30:49 PM »
This is for the USA?

If they can't keep track of who crosses our national border, then I can't see them keeping track of who is entering and leaving cities.

residue

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2022, 01:36:04 PM »
This is for the USA?

If they can't keep track of who crosses our national border, then I can't see them keeping track of who is entering and leaving cities.
it's half true\half conspiracy theory. Covid reset, local governments saw how important it was to build walkable cities with green spaces.  China is already doing it with their planned forest cities

GymnJuice

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2022, 01:58:51 PM »
it's half true\half conspiracy theory. Covid reset, local governments saw how important it was to build walkable cities with green spaces.  China is already doing it with their planned forest cities

I like the idea of a walkable city. But I would still want my freedom to own a car, to be able to drive as much as I want and come and go as I please. Even if it ends up being less than 100x I wouldn't want the government setting a limit on me.

If the walkable cities are constructed properly and end up being a better lifestyle then they shouldn't need to enforce any restrictions, right? People would just end up driving less naturally. I think if they have to enforce restrictions then it means those planned utopias aren't quite as good as they promise...

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2022, 02:54:45 PM »
Not gonna happen.

Suburbs are on the way back.

Cities are crime ridden and filthy and the schools suck.  Nobody who can afford to leave wants to live in them.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2022, 02:56:13 PM »
So what, they're building one/several cities which will have everything within 15 mins?

Schools, Hospitals, Police, Universitites, Mall, Sports Arena, Ice Machine etc?

residue

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2022, 03:07:51 PM »
I like the idea of a walkable city. But I would still want my freedom to own a car, to be able to drive as much as I want and come and go as I please. Even if it ends up being less than 100x I wouldn't want the government setting a limit on me.

If the walkable cities are constructed properly and end up being a better lifestyle then they shouldn't need to enforce any restrictions, right? People would just end up driving less naturally. I think if they have to enforce restrictions then it means those planned utopias aren't quite as good as they promise...
that's where the big conspiracy theory happens,

yes the govt want less car ownership, to do so they're going to make cities more pedestrian friendly so folks don't need cars.  They're not looking to take away your choice, 

residue

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2022, 03:10:32 PM »
So what, they're building one/several cities which will have everything within 15 mins?

Schools, Hospitals, Police, Universitites, Mall, Sports Arena, Ice Machine etc?

not everything, just your day to day shit.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2022, 03:53:29 PM »
This is for the USA?

It’s confirmed for the UK. I can’t recall the starting city name.

It’s also confirmed for Australia. Melbourne will be the first city to test here which makes sense as the population there voted back in the most draconian govt in the country.

This is the facial recognition program I mentioned about a year ago. That is setup for the transport system which monitors where you move. I assume working on a premises outside your area you would carry a pass for that to allow exit/entry but it would track you if you deviate from to/from work commuting.

In the regional area I am in they approved escooters (rest of the state it’s illegal) and we apparently have funding to build infrastructure/pathways for them. I’d ride my escooter everywhere if we had proper pathways, so much more awesome than driving.

This is happening under the climate change policy.

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2022, 04:03:48 PM »
I don't like cities at all, or people for that matter.
My house is pretty rural. There won't be any walking around here in my lifetime at least.
Totally makes sense for a lot of people.

The who works with me (but he's in Saltaire UK) got rid of his car years ago.
5 minute train-ride to the office. Of course if he loses the job he rethinks some things, but he likes it.
He's been here for 10+ years now.

Wife and I also both work from home, I dont miss the days of travel/traffic.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2022, 04:20:00 PM »
most people are born , live and die within 8 miles

residue

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2022, 11:23:10 AM »
most people are born , live and die within 8 miles
how sad

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2022, 11:36:25 PM »
Oxford in England,  is where they’ll be “trialing” it. I can’t see how they are going to make it work in Australia because it’s a huge country and it’s very spread out. The whole idea is to have everything you need in that area… so yes hospitals/medical centres, schools, shopping centres, gyms/ sporting venues etc. They are trying to make it sound appealing so that people won’t resist. In reality it will be tiny apartments on top of each other and people will be prisoners. No camping, no travelling, no pets, no growing your own vegetables hence no gardens. It will be hell. I think they are planning for this when the population is massively reduced because you cannot make this work unless there is a lot less people to control. Remember they aren’t doing this to make our life better but to get total control over us. Look at these experimental gene therapy injections… it has never been about saving people.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2022, 05:23:08 AM »
"How To Make Slums 101".

delon

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2022, 05:37:38 AM »
Medium density is the way to go and real long term answer, a relatively palatable compromise between convenience, meritocracy (allowing more people to live in desirable areas) and allowing for some personal space and liberty

The problem with the reality of attempting that at a widespread level in the areas needed is Nimbyism

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2022, 06:55:29 AM »
what about people who work in construction?
Where are they going to work once everythings built?

Dreadlifter

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2022, 08:25:05 AM »
Implementation begins in 2024.

The 15 minute city is where all things can be done by WALKING or CYCLING within 15 minutes.

You can leave your zone 100 times a year. Although I’m unsure if it means you can physical enter/exit 100 times or you can be away outside of your area for 100 days. If we go on a holiday for a week is that counted at 1 time or 7 times?

I have NFI about how people travel to/from work but I imagine it’s a plan assuming higher unemployment most likely rising for an extended period.

Thoughts?

The principle is that every service you'll need is within 15 minutes so you don't need to travel any further, but you can if you wish to. The Oxford trial is about limiting unnecessary car movement in a city which has too much traffic, reducing local car use when walking/cycling/public transport can be used.  The limit on movement is only between zones within Oxford. And it's not 24 hours a day, it's 7am to 7pm.

Will be interesting to see how it goes.

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2022, 08:35:17 AM »

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2022, 10:23:33 AM »
what about people who work in construction?
Where are they going to work once everythings built?

Fixing stuff.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2022, 10:26:28 AM »
Fixing stuff.
so there will be black people living their as well...gotcha