Author Topic: What are your thoughts on the Mr. Olympia 2022 results  (Read 6060 times)

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
Re: What are your thoughts on the Mr. Olympia 2022 results
« Reply #100 on: December 19, 2022, 05:54:51 AM »
What mgs per week of test do you do?

Nothing the last 11 days. I wanted to feel best for my curl contest then snowboarding didn’t want to risk any bruising mobility issues in the hip and glutes or quads.

I have been watching James Tiny Vest and he recommends staying in the 250-500 range so that is what I try and do. This year I am going to focus more on strength development than weight and just let the body do what it does. I seem to respond best and look my best when I train for strength less exercises heavier and eat regular vs stuffing myself and getting lost in sets and reps. But I am planning to train differently this year more cycles of heavy low reps followed a week off then higher reps to lower again not going to do the same thing every week plan to train in high low rep cycles this year. I don’t know I kind of do the same thing with my weight but a lot of that is based on my digestion. When it’s not good I don’t eat as much.  But yeah going to do volume for a couple weeks then heavy then rest then repeat. Main thing is just to keep squatting once a week and keep curling every week if I do those two things I will make gains. Obviously still need to train back and chest but sometimes arms  get left behind incorporated into chest and back day and they need their own day. And yeah can’t skip leg day

What about yourself what are you current stats and protocol?

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #101 on: December 19, 2022, 06:15:46 AM »
I mean at least use the one I didn't post as a joke when I was learning the pose this one is a little better but it is a difficult pose. Bhanks Pics are not 33 years old so yeah Bhank does destroy him today.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #102 on: December 19, 2022, 06:27:02 AM »
https://mrolympia.com/

Results still not up
Y

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: December 19, 2022, 06:58:05 AM »
Nothing the last 11 days. I wanted to feel best for my curl contest then snowboarding didn’t want to risk any bruising mobility issues in the hip and glutes or quads.

I have been watching James Tiny Vest and he recommends staying in the 250-500 range so that is what I try and do. This year I am going to focus more on strength development than weight and just let the body do what it does. I seem to respond best and look my best when I train for strength less exercises heavier and eat regular vs stuffing myself and getting lost in sets and reps. But I am planning to train differently this year more cycles of heavy low reps followed a week off then higher reps to lower again not going to do the same thing every week plan to train in high low rep cycles this year. I don’t know I kind of do the same thing with my weight but a lot of that is based on my digestion. When it’s not good I don’t eat as much.  But yeah going to do volume for a couple weeks then heavy then rest then repeat. Main thing is just to keep squatting once a week and keep curling every week if I do those two things I will make gains. Obviously still need to train back and chest but sometimes arms  get left behind incorporated into chest and back day and they need their own day. And yeah can’t skip leg day

What about yourself what are you current stats and protocol?

Hahahahahahah..."what James Tiny vest recommends"

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #104 on: December 19, 2022, 07:01:25 AM »
Hahahahahahah..."what James Tiny vest recommends"
Yes,haven`t you heard, James Tiny Vest is Hankys doctor ?  :D

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Royalty is a schmoe-cel.
« Reply #105 on: December 19, 2022, 08:11:54 AM »
6'1'' 225 vs. 5'11" 225

Damn close. Its a toss-up.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: December 19, 2022, 08:14:09 AM »
The Olympia now sucks.

Not least because the physiques are mostly junk.

But also because of the 1500 categories.

As well, it’s all become so trendy and cringe.

Stan Diego

• Getbig III
  • A whales vagina
« Reply #107 on: December 19, 2022, 08:15:21 AM »
I don’t usually post old pics

You've posted a hundred old pics during your getbig career

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: December 19, 2022, 08:23:42 AM »
6'1'' 225 vs. 5'11" 225

He weighed in at 237lbs the night before he was probably 250lbs on stage and he is 6 foot tall the height thing was an inch over his spiked up hair

wazhazbin

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #109 on: December 19, 2022, 08:25:54 AM »
33 years is a long time he was what 25 years old in his pic and is what late 50s now? Let’s see now because if he is a soggy old man now who gives a fuck what he looked like 33 years ago. My hair was great at 25 years old but neither of us is 25 years old anymore. He is probably two decades younger than me in his pic.

Brian i am a fan of yours.  not sure why you are continuously derisive to me.   just because i posted a pic on a bodybuilding board does not mean i am saying anything about you or putting you down.
but you are correct, i am 57 and haven't trained much at all in the last ten years.  i hit the gym 11 times one month when i was 53 and here is how i looked. 

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #110 on: December 19, 2022, 08:26:07 AM »
6'1'' 225 vs. 5'11" 225

Very close, but I think BHANKS has him beat.
X

wazhazbin

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #111 on: December 19, 2022, 08:27:53 AM »
Agreed! Bumstead is hitting that shot wrong, or facing the camera the wrong way. It makes his butt look big with small legs.

Bumstead has looked better in that pose before.

i agree Chris looks amazing there, and light years ahead of anything i ever achieved.

wazhazbin

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #112 on: December 19, 2022, 08:32:15 AM »
The Olympia now sucks.

Not least because the physiques are mostly junk.

But also because of the 1500 categories.

As well, it’s all become so trendy and cringe.

i concur with the Fortress.   i was training back when they brought in the Ms. Olympia and thinking ' there is only one Olympia champ per year'. 

now there are 11 different categories, each with multiple weight classes; all of which refer to themselves as Olympia champion.

even when they had two weight classes, Mentzer wasn't called the heavyweight class mr. Olympia - they said he lost to Zane.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: December 19, 2022, 08:38:00 AM »
Brian i am a fan of yours.  not sure why you are continuously derisive to me.   
Because he`s an insecure asshole for starters.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #114 on: December 19, 2022, 08:39:30 AM »
Because he`s an insecure asshole for starters.

I gave up a long time ago myself.   Not sure if its a troll job or just mental insanity 

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: December 19, 2022, 08:46:02 AM »
I`d go with mental insanity.

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: December 19, 2022, 08:46:58 AM »
I respect all the great warriors who stepped on that stage this weekend.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: December 19, 2022, 08:54:27 AM »
me 33 years ago

Don't take this the wrong way, but Chris has you on glutes.

No homo.

kreator

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #118 on: December 19, 2022, 08:57:43 AM »
It's like today's guys love social media more than the bodybuilding lifestyle

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: December 19, 2022, 09:01:47 AM »
Brian i am a fan of yours.  not sure why you are continuously derisive to me.   just because i posted a pic on a bodybuilding board does not mean i am saying anything about you or putting you down.
but you are correct, i am 57 and haven't trained much at all in the last ten years.  i hit the gym 11 times one month when i was 53 and here is how i looked.

You looked good then. And shockingly you look better at 53. I only made the comment after Webster or whoever made the comparison talking shit. Why not get back into it now?? You were in great shape at 53 seems you could rally at 57.

wazhazbin

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #120 on: December 19, 2022, 09:17:16 AM »
You looked good then. And shockingly you look better at 53. I only made the comment after Webster or whoever made the comparison talking shit. Why not get back into it now?? You were in great shape at 53 seems you could rally at 57.

cool, thanks for explaining.  i got bored with it. it was the most important thing in my life since i was ten years old.   i had a large commercial gym for 25 years and sold it in 2015.  it totally took any joy of training out of my life.  not saying i won't train again, but no ambition right now.

ROBOAK

• Getbig IV
  • toughest getbigger of all time
« Reply #121 on: December 19, 2022, 09:24:13 AM »
cool, thanks for explaining.  i got bored with it. it was the most important thing in my life since i was ten years old.   i had a large commercial gym for 25 years and sold it in 2015.  it totally took any joy of training out of my life.  not saying i won't train again, but no ambition right now.
what gym was it ?, in Calgary right ?

wazhazbin

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #122 on: December 19, 2022, 09:32:15 AM »
what gym was it ?, in Calgary right ?

yes,  probodies gym

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: December 19, 2022, 09:53:42 AM »

Bored is better than injured. You just need to find something to train for or someone to train with or something different but related to motivate yourself. Weightlifing and bodybuilding is fun but maybe train for a strict curl contest or try arm wrestling or strongman I bet you could take Matt C but you get the idea. Or train a young person and pass on your knowledge while also training with them of course. Make it fun again

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #124 on: December 19, 2022, 10:45:21 AM »
6'1'' 225 vs. 5'11" 225

Reminds me of the Film Twins... Arnold got all the Good Genetics
& Bianca bhanks all the Dud ones.