Author Topic: The 2024 General Election  (Read 51620 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: The 2024 General Election
« Reply #225 on: June 01, 2023, 01:58:11 PM »

Again,...LOL. The GOP is trying to lose as hard as possible.

I don't see a problem with people running.  I don't think Pence can win.  It's really a two-horse race between Trump and DeSantis. 

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #226 on: June 01, 2023, 02:56:04 PM »
The fact you appear to be saying this "gender affirming care"/transgender movement is related to intersex kids born with abnormalities.  I'm not sure why you are attempting to conflate these issues, when they are unrelated, instead of being abhorred by the Frankenstein-like butchering of kids through "gender affirming care."

Another BS term they are trying to normalize through constant repetition.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #227 on: June 01, 2023, 03:04:29 PM »
Another BS term they are trying to normalize through constant repetition.

Happens all the time.  That's why all news outlets use the term "migrants" instead of "immigrants."  Why the word "sex" has been supplanted by "gender."  Replacing "heterosexual" with "cisgender." 

Just look at some of the insane things these people are pushing, like replacing "breast feeding" with "chest feeding."  It's psychotic.   

But you know why they keep doing it?  Because it works.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #228 on: June 01, 2023, 03:22:10 PM »
Happens all the time.  That's why all news outlets use the term "migrants" instead of "immigrants."  Why the word "sex" has been supplanted by "gender."  Replacing "heterosexual" with "cisgender." 

Just look at some of the insane things these people are pushing, like replacing "breast feeding" with "chest feeding."  It's psychotic.   

"Birthing people".

I think it is important to actively resist using or accepting these neologisms and phrases; it is a form of Newspeak. But most news outlets are owned by big media corporations that control the narrative and dictate the exact vocabulary and even grammar to be used and that's why you see this happening:

Alas people become complacent and just parrot the language they hear or read in media without even realizing it.

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #229 on: June 01, 2023, 06:08:37 PM »

The Left controlling language.

You can find your favorite Democratic lawmakers and presidents using the correct term, “illegal aliens,” just over 10 years ago.

To ameliorate the perception we have of illegals, it morphed to “undocumented immigrants,” then to “immigrants,” and now “migrants” or “asylum seekers.”  ::)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #230 on: June 01, 2023, 06:45:29 PM »
The fact you appear to be saying this "gender affirming care"/transgender movement is related to intersex kids born with abnormalities.  I'm not sure why you are attempting to conflate these issues, when they are unrelated, instead of being abhorred by the Frankenstein-like butchering of kids through "gender affirming care."

Whatever. It appears you enjoy being argumentative, because was not what I said, no matter how it you think it ‘appears’.  I oppose "gender-affirming care" for anyone who is not mature enough to make that decision for themselves. People are legally recognized as adults at the age of 18. Science suggests that most people don't reach full maturity until the age of 25.

It appears you are taking cues for Ron DeSantis.  At a press briefing briefing DeSantis said, "But what it is, is they're literally chopping off the private parts of young kids, and that's wrong."

Dr. Jack Turban, assistant professor of child and adolescent psychiatry at the University of California, San Francisco. "No medical or surgical interventions are considered for prepubertal children."

Genital reassignment surgery should be reserved for those 18 and older, according to guidelines for the medical care of transgender patients developed by the Endocrine Society and the World Professional Association for Transgender Health. This is consistent with what I believe.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #231 on: June 01, 2023, 06:47:51 PM »

To answer your question about the terms news outlets use, language and word choices are fluid and always have been.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #232 on: June 02, 2023, 05:48:05 PM »
"Birthing people".

I think it is important to actively resist using or accepting these neologisms and phrases; it is a form of Newspeak. But most news outlets are owned by big media corporations that control the narrative and dictate the exact vocabulary and even grammar to be used and that's why you see this happening:

Alas people become complacent and just parrot the language they hear or read in media without even realizing it.

That "birthing people" thing is nuts too. 

I agree with resisting.  I try and do it, but it might be too late already. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #233 on: June 02, 2023, 05:49:52 PM »
The Left controlling language.

You can find your favorite Democratic lawmakers and presidents using the correct term, “illegal aliens,” just over 10 years ago.

To ameliorate the perception we have of illegals, it morphed to “undocumented immigrants,” then to “immigrants,” and now “migrants” or “asylum seekers.”  ::)

Truth.  And they try and call you a xenophobe if you use the phrase illegal alien.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #234 on: June 02, 2023, 05:58:47 PM »
Whatever. It appears you enjoy being argumentative, because was not what I said, no matter how it you think it ‘appears’.  I oppose "gender-affirming care" for anyone who is not mature enough to make that decision for themselves. People are legally recognized as adults at the age of 18. Science suggests that most people don't reach full maturity until the age of 25.

It appears you are taking cues for Ron DeSantis.  At a press briefing briefing DeSantis said, "But what it is, is they're literally chopping off the private parts of young kids, and that's wrong."

Dr. Jack Turban, assistant professor of child and adolescent psychiatry at the University of California, San Francisco. "No medical or surgical interventions are considered for prepubertal children."

Genital reassignment surgery should be reserved for those 18 and older, according to guidelines for the medical care of transgender patients developed by the Endocrine Society and the World Professional Association for Transgender Health. This is consistent with what I believe.

I'm not arguing about anything.  You are the one who brought up intersex kids who are born with abnormalities when the subject was "gender affirming care."   

I'm glad Governor DeSantis agrees with me. 

And there you go cherrypicking something you grabbed off the internet.  I'm sure if you search a tad bit harder you will find stories about "gender affirming care" being done for minors.  That "gender affirming care" includes surgery and puberty blockers.  I just heard a discussion on a podcast where they said a boy who is given puberty blockers winds up with a tiny penis that stops growing.  How friggin twisted is that?? 

Also, there is no such thing as "genital reassignment surgery."  Cutting off the twig and berries of a boy and creating a fake vagina does not, from a medical and scientific standpoint, change that boy's sex to a girl.  He's still a biological boy.  Same with girls who have "top surgery" (i.e., amputating their breasts), cutting off skin to create a fake penis, having a hysterectomy, etc.  She is still a biological girl. 

I don't care what adults do.  If a grown man wants to cut off his balls and call himself a woman, he should be able to do that.  I will actually refer to him (or her) by whatever he or she wants to be called.  But this entire issue is about kids.  I can't believe this is even being discussed.  It's like a bad horror movie. 

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #235 on: June 02, 2023, 06:52:52 PM »
If the GOP can't prosecute Hunter Biden with the mountains of proof out there what makes them think anyone would vote for them? They have no spine and they aren't conservative about anything. McCarthy is just another Boehner, folded up like a lawnchair on the debt ceiling. Waste of time spending energy getting upset about it.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #236 on: June 07, 2023, 12:02:05 AM »
Jack Dorsey Endorses RFK Jr for 2024 despite Pushing the Same Censorship Dem Candidate Vowed to Abolish
By: Jason Walsh
June 5, 2023
https://www.dailyfetched.com/jack-dorsey-endorses-rfk-jr-for-2024-despite-pushing-the-same-censorship-dem-candidate-vowed-to-abolish/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #237 on: June 07, 2023, 12:02:56 AM »
Mike Pence Files Paperwork to Enter 2024 Presidential Race
By Joseph Lord
Updated: June 5, 2023
https://www.theepochtimes.com/mike-pence-files-papers-to-run-for-president_5313304.html?utm_source=partner&utm_campaign=BonginoReport

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #238 on: June 07, 2023, 12:13:58 AM »

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #239 on: June 07, 2023, 12:28:32 PM »
Some Republicans are talking loudly about the need to defeat Trump.  Chris Christie has been arguably the most critical of Trump so far and formally kicked off his bid Tuesday. Christie took aim at Trump in 2016—and then endorsed him. Several prominent Republican figures who have vocally criticized Trump from a more traditional GOP posture in recent years have been rejected in party primaries.

This year is starting to feel a lot like 2016, a primary field that contains Trump and all the other not-Trump candidates. The only difference between this contest and 2016 is that other candidates ran individuals and not weaker versions of Trump. This is possibly because the current crop of candidates have seen polling which shows the GOP base continues to struggle with a pronounced case of brain worms with regards to the who won the 2020 election. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #240 on: June 07, 2023, 12:47:13 PM »

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #241 on: June 07, 2023, 12:49:24 PM »
I think a number of candidates are looking at the possibility of political prosecutions/persecutions of Trump may result in him dropping out of the race.  I doubt that happens, but would not surprise me to see the DOJ and Georgia pursue some kind of criminal charges. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #242 on: June 07, 2023, 01:54:59 PM »
I think a number of candidates are looking at the possibility of political prosecutions/persecutions of Trump may result in him dropping out of the race.  I doubt that happens, but would not surprise me to see the DOJ and Georgia pursue some kind of criminal charges.

Current media suggests the ball is about to drop on Trump. We will see if it hits or misses him.

My suspicion is that folks, including a lot of Republican voters are tired and somewhat bored with the constant controversy and turmoil and chaos surrounding him as well as his one note - 'poor me', 'stolen election' whining, instead of talking about the issues that concern folks today and his going forward plans for improvements.

All the while his most likely nemesis, Biden is all over the media because he brokered the debt ceiling limit passage with ‘yeah’ votes from 165 Democrats and 149 Republicans and ‘nays’ from 71 Republicans and 46 Democrats . The Senate vote was 63 to 36.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #243 on: June 07, 2023, 02:37:15 PM »
Current media suggests the ball is about to drop on Trump. We will see if it hits or misses him.

My suspicion is that folks, including a lot of Republican voters are tired and somewhat bored with the constant controversy and turmoil and chaos surrounding him as well as his one note - 'poor me', 'stolen election' whining, instead of talking about the issues that concern folks today and his going forward plans for improvements.

All the while his most likely nemesis, Biden is all over the media because he brokered the debt ceiling limit passage with ‘yeah’ votes from 165 Democrats and 149 Republicans and ‘nays’ from 71 Republicans and 46 Democrats . The Senate vote was 63 to 36.

Part of the partisan political persecution of Trump, which has been nonstop since 2016, creates fatigue with some voters.  So yes, some voters will get tired of the controversy, even though it's largely Banana Republic, partisan BS.

But it also has the opposite effect of solidifying his support, because people don't like this kind of unfairness.  Just look at the bump he got after the New York indictment.  We may see the same thing if the DOJ indicts him and not Biden.   

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #244 on: June 07, 2023, 03:10:35 PM »
Part of the partisan political persecution of Trump, which has been nonstop since 2016, creates fatigue with some voters.  So yes, some voters will get tired of the controversy, even though it's largely Banana Republic, partisan BS.

But it also has the opposite effect of solidifying his support, because people don't like this kind of unfairness.  Just look at the bump he got after the New York indictment.  We may see the same thing if the DOJ indicts him and not Biden.

DOJ will not indict Biden or Pence. Trump is a self-avowed martyr. There will always be people who are sympathetic toward someone who is maligned or believes they have been. Do you suppose this is why he brings much of this on himself? 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #245 on: June 07, 2023, 03:20:08 PM »
DOJ will not indict Biden or Pence. Trump is a self-avowed martyr. There will always be people who are sympathetic toward someone who is maligned or believes they have been. Do you suppose this is why he brings much of this on himself?

The Biden DOJ will not indict Biden.  But the Biden DOJ will indict Biden's chief political opponent.  Totally normal. 

Trump doesn't bring the abuse of the FBI, the courts, intelligence agencies, the media, etc. on himself.  They are just corrupt. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #246 on: June 07, 2023, 04:33:24 PM »
The Biden DOJ will not indict Biden.  But the Biden DOJ will indict Biden's chief political opponent.  Totally normal. 

Trump doesn't bring the abuse of the FBI, the courts, intelligence agencies, the media, etc. on himself.  They are just corrupt.

Donald Trump vows to escalate attacks against Alvin Bragg

The Guardian
https://www.theguardian.com › us-news › apr › donal...
Apr 2, 2023

Apr 3, 2023 — Donald Trump said on Monday evening that Alvin Bragg should "INDICT HIMSELF."

Donald Trump Calls Special Counsel Investigating Him a 'Terrorist'
BY EWAN PALMER ON 1/13/23 AT 4:21 AM EST

Apr 5, 2023 — Trump called Smith a “lunatic” during a speech at Mar-a-Lago on Tuesday and suggested Smith isn't his real name or is an alias.

“The Special 'Prosecutor,' Jack Smith, who is harassing, threatening, and terrorizing people who work for me, probably illegally, and totally at odds with the way Crooked Joe Biden is being treated, will no longer be known as the Special 'Prosecutor,' but rather, the Special 'Persecutor,’” Trump wrote in a post early Saturday morning. “He is a Trump Hating SLIMEBALL who is going far beyond the original instructions of the Department of Injustice. The Witch Hunt continues, as it always will, with the Radical Left, Country Destroying, Lunatics!"

Although Jack Smith and George Bragg should be immune to Trump's tirades and insults, people are people, and he is doing himself no favors here. Whether they deserve the 'upper hand' or not they still have it. At this point, if Trump didn't write and say these things, he would be better off. It makes no difference if there is truth in his comments.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #247 on: June 07, 2023, 06:28:46 PM »
Hey Cucks!

You worthless piles of Democratic shit have absolutely no concern for our Nation's Children or Civilization in general.
Soooo...

FYYFF!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #248 on: June 08, 2023, 08:17:56 PM »
Data: Trump Trounces DeSantis, Beats Biden, and Would Obliterate Kamala Harris.
JACK MONTGOMERY

A major poll by the Democracy Institute contains bad news for the Biden regime, Florida Governor Ron DeSantis, and even Prince Harry. The poll does, however, contain plenty of good news for former President Donald Trump.

Likely U.S. voters – 37 percent Democrats, 35 percent Republicans, and 28 percent Independents – were asked a range of questions from May 24th to May 26th, with their answers suggesting America in 2023 is “MAGA Country”. The data shows:

Trump is preferred to DeSantis as the Republican nominee by 57 percent to 22 percent. None of the also-rans such as Nikki Haley or Mike Pence even managed to break five percent.
Trump is favored over Biden in a head-to-head, 47 percent to 44 percent, whereas DeSantis trails Biden head-to-head, 44 percent to 46 percent.
Trump is favored over Kamala Harris even more strongly, 49 percent to 38 percent.
Interestingly, the 45th President was also respondents’ first choice when asked who they would most like to have as a house guest, at 41 percent. Biden trailed in at 19 percent, slightly ahead of DeSantis at 15 percent. Robert F. Kennedy Jr. actually came in at number two, on 25 percent.

Biden’s own results were dire across the board. He is:

Deemed a worse President than Trump by 57 percent to 38 percent;
Deemed mentally and physically incapable of governing by 57 percent;
Deemed to be handling the economy poorly (say 63 percent), foreign policy badly (say 61 percent), and inept on Ukraine (say 55 percent).
Asked whether Biden losing power in America or Putin losing power in Russia would be a better scenario for America, 54 percent opted for Biden’s ouster.

On a perhaps less serious note, 52 percent of Americans said Prince Harry should be denied U.S. residency.

https://thenationalpulse.com/2023/06/07/data-trump-trounces-desantis-beats-biden-and-would-obliterate-kamala-harris/

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #249 on: June 11, 2023, 09:39:05 PM »

Have you had a chance to read the timeline recently reported on Trumps possession of and failure to return the classified documents? It really looks like, given his own attorneys notes of some of the meetings, that he actually did bring this upon himself.