Author Topic: who will be left standing when the smoke clears? Gaetz or McCarthy?  (Read 800 times)

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
https://apnews.com/article/motion-to-vacate-kevin-mccarthy-republicans-congress-eba874f3a76ab8ebe03236514d981810

It's likely neither will be ousted but if one has to go, I'm betting on Gaetz

Gaetz has about 20 supporters in the GOP. Zero Dems

There are signs some Republicans are growing tired of the far right nonsense. I think McCarthy has more support from both parties.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Re: who will be left standing when the smoke clears? Gaetz or McCarthy?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2023, 09:32:04 AM »
I think McCarthy will outlast him.  Gaetz is just too big an idiot to garner any kind of large following and support.  It's going to be funny either way.  Either McCarthy is weak enough that his fellow party members don't like him anymore or Gaetz is going to find out that none of his party have ever liked him. 

Watch Gaetz just drop the whole thing by the end of the week to save face from everyone seeing he doesn't have the votes.

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
  • Libturdz Love The Caulk
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2023, 10:11:53 AM »
who cares is more like it...

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2023, 10:13:05 AM »
Who cares

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2023, 11:04:19 AM »
https://apnews.com/article/motion-to-vacate-kevin-mccarthy-republicans-congress-eba874f3a76ab8ebe03236514d981810

There are signs some Republicans are growing tired of the far right nonsense. I think McCarthy has more support from both parties.

He has plenty of support from the left. Swamp creatures gonna swamp creature. Gotta keep the game going.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2023, 03:59:36 PM »
Gaetz is going about it all wrong. It’s like none of these idiots have ever negotiated or compromised on anything in their whole lives.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2023, 08:24:15 PM »
Gaetz is going about it all wrong. It’s like none of these idiots have ever negotiated or compromised on anything in their whole lives.

Bingo... Lets go back 50 years... Politics was not a dirty word. It meant two sides who had different ideas, agendas, working together for a compromise... No one wins everything, no one loses everything. That is what politics used to be. Now it's far right, far left no give. They don't grasp the idea or don't care about the concept that America is not of one mind.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2023, 07:51:52 AM »

Gaetz is going to come up empty handed and look like a bigger fool than he already is.  Like I said, just watch he will drop this at the last minute when it becomes apparent he doesn't have the votes to oust McCarthy.  He will claim he is trying to work things out or things were settled, etc...   just to save face.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2023, 01:15:38 PM »
Well, it doesn't look as clear cut as I had guessed. What I find suprising, and I have only read one AP news article on it, is that the Democrats have indicated they would vote to vacate with the Republicans. This surprised me because I got the impression the "freedom" caucus was upset with McCarthy for working with the Democrats to pass the 11th hour budget.

I think now the Democrats strategy is to let the House GOP fall into chaos even more so than it is by ousting McCarthy. My concern would be, who would replace him? Would they be even more detrimental to getting anything through? 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2023, 02:09:17 PM »
Well he is booted!

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2023, 02:20:08 PM »

I think McCarthy will outlast him.  Gaetz is just too big an idiot to garner any kind of large following and support.  It's going to be funny either way.  Either McCarthy is weak enough that his fellow party members don't like him anymore or Gaetz is going to find out that none of his party have ever liked him. 

Watch Gaetz just drop the whole thing by the end of the week to save face from everyone seeing he doesn't have the votes.

Gaetz is going to come up empty handed and look like a bigger fool than he already is.  Like I said, just watch he will drop this at the last minute when it becomes apparent he doesn't have the votes to oust McCarthy.  He will claim he is trying to work things out or things were settled, etc...   just to save face.

LOL

Let's see where it goes from here.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2023, 03:15:31 PM »
Well, it doesn't look as clear cut as I had guessed. What I find suprising, and I have only read one AP news article on it, is that the Democrats have indicated they would vote to vacate with the Republicans. This surprised me because I got the impression the "freedom" caucus was upset with McCarthy for working with the Democrats to pass the 11th hour budget.

I think now the Democrats strategy is to let the House GOP fall into chaos even more so than it is by ousting McCarthy. My concern would be, who would replace him? Would they be even more detrimental to getting anything through?

And again, it will never stop. Now the dems are joining with Gaetz just to make the republicans look bad. Meanwhile the common people get fucked. I’m to the point where I can’t stand to listen to either side. They suck.

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2023, 03:59:08 PM »
Gaetz wins the vote but probably lost the war
He said they would hold McCarthy accountable when they gave him the yes vote when he was elected house speaker. It is nice to see someone do what they said.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2023, 04:07:25 PM »

LOL

Let's see where it goes from here.

The Dems sealed his fate.  They didn’t like that double speak he did after vote for the 45 govt operational days extension.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2023, 09:41:00 PM »
Isn't this Gaetz guy involved in kiddy fiddling? What happened to that investigation?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2023, 11:30:12 PM »
Isn't this Gaetz guy involved in kiddy fiddling? What happened to that investigation?

From what I understand, prosecution was declined in the matter. Talk on the street is the ethics committee can still use the allegations and subsequent evidence from the investigation to oust Gaetz from congress. Apparently their level of proof isn't as high as a criminal courts would be.

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
  • Libturdz Love The Caulk
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2023, 11:22:49 AM »
Pick your poison bonehead...

B_B_C

• Getbig IV
  • change is the lot of all
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2023, 12:55:07 PM »
Democrats republicans are controlled by their far-left right who are totally out of touch with mainstream voters.
This is why you got Trump Biden now the first time.
Working-class voters see that Democrats Republicans have no interest in their real lives because they’re captive to progressive alt right radicals. Republicans Democrats are going to crush them in 2024 and it will be Democrats’ Republicans own fault when Trump Biden  returns to power.
c

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2023, 05:19:34 PM »
Democrats republicans are controlled by their far-left right who are totally out of touch with mainstream voters.
This is why you got Trump Biden now the first time.
Working-class voters see that Democrats Republicans have no interest in their real lives because they’re captive to progressive alt right radicals. Republicans Democrats are going to crush them in 2024 and it will be Democrats’ Republicans own fault when Trump Biden  returns to power.
I see what you did there.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!